Angry

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

The door to the house was slightly ajar.

As you stepped in, the aroma of  Kimchi Chigae tingled on your nostrils, sending a grumble down your stomach.

*Myungsoo’s cooking?* Your eyes rounded, your small steps leading you unconsciously to the kitchen. Your curiosity was flowing, as well as your hunger.

Your eyes were shut, visualizing food. The moment you stopped walking, was when you sensed the edge of the counter.

Your lids fluttered open, and a baffled Harang looked back at you.

“Uh… Hello.” You awkwardly waved, flustered.

 She gave you a tight smile and nodded.

You bit your lip. “Well, I haven’t introduced myself, I’m Pa—“

“No need. I know.” Harang interrupted, her back facing you as she mixed on her soup. You nodded, somehow flabbergasted at her. “Well…” You started again, your toes curled. You don’t even know why you started talking again. Clearly the girl doesn’t want to chat.

Harang closed her steel pot with a lid and her heel to face you.

“Look. To make this simple. I’m Harang, Your Myungsoo Oppa’s housemate. He lives here, you live here, and as of this day, I live here too.”

Your jaw fell. “You… what?”

Harang impatiently tapped her foot, her arms crossed. “I live here.”

“Oh I didn’t know…” Your brows furrowed, trying to process the information on your brain. “Myungsoo didn’t… tell me.”

Harang chuckled. “He didn’t have to. It’s his house, anyway.

 

 

She didn’t even have time to see the expression on your face.

You trudged to your room, brows almost connected.

“Darn.” You muttered, closing the door behind you. It irked you that Myungsoo just decided on his own.

*I’m his housemate, remember?*

Your fist curled knowing that Myungsoo doesn’t even acknowledge the fact that he has to ask you too. Even if you were forced to live at the same house with him, it gives you right to it too.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!” A frustrated sigh escaped your lips, your body landing at the mattress. The vast white ceiling stared back at you, making your thoughts run wild with anger. Inwardly, you were already murdering thousands of Myungsoos.

 

 

Next Morning, you woke up with the sound of giggles and laughter. Groggily, you trudged towards the door to check. Just outside your room, Harang was happily talking on the phone. If you would guess, she might’ve swallowed a megaphone.

You stood there, gawking at her.

Harang’s sight landed at you. She sighed and gently covered the phone speakers with her hand. “Is there a problem?” She asked straightly, voice monotonous.

It irked you, but for the sake of decency, you shook your head. “Nothing.”

With that you slammed your door shut.

“Problem? I woke up because of you.” You muttered, sighing as you sat on your bed.

“What time is it anyway?”

 

The next thing you know, you were already dashing in and out of the bathroom, doing everything in fast speed. You toppled on many things, but at the moment, it wasn’t important.

“Sheeeeez. I’ve never been this late!” You cursed, doubling the steps you took down the stairs. Harang snickered at your direction.

When you got out, Myungsoo was just getting in his car. Being the lazy he is, being late doesn’t seem to bother him. His brows rose as you hurriedly slammed the door and ran to the gate.

A smirk played on his lips. “Eunhae! Ride with me!”

“No.” You grumbled, glaring at him for a second before slamming the gate shut.

Myungsoo’s brow rose. “Did I do something wrong?” He murmured to himself.

 

Unfortunately for you, you still have to walk to the gates of the subdivision before you could hail a cab.

“I guess I can’t attend my first class…” A sigh escaped your lips as you stopped walking fast, returning to a normal pace.

That was when Myungsoo’s black Maserati stopped beside you.

“Ya!” He hollered over his opened window.

You bit your lower lip, annoyed. *I am not going to talk to him!*

You continued walking, and Myungsoo’s car continued to follow you. “You’re late! Just ride now!” He said in a teasing tone. You faced him for a moment and glared with hard eyes. “I’d rather be late that ride with you.” You seethed.

Myungsoo’s brow rose. “Did I do something bad?” He unconsciously blurted out. It miffed you more hearing that. *You clueless dimwit!*

Still, Myungsoo followed you with his car. “I rarely offer rides, Eunhae.”

But your anger wrapped everything. Myungsoo doesn’t even know why you’re angry. “Darn him.” You cursed lowly, fastening your pace.

Myungsoo sighed. “I’m not going to force you!” He hollered lastly before speeding off.

Your brows furrowed as your blood boiled. 

 

 

YOUR POV

 

Just my luck.

As I stepped in the campus, the bell for the second class rang. Students exited their classroom, and in just a matter of seconds, the campus looked chaotic.

I trudged towards the hallway, my head slightly throbbing with irritation.

“You skipped class.” L.joe popped beside me, his hands on his pockets. I gave him a small smile. “I didn’t want to. Woke up late.”

He gave me a comforting squeeze on my shoulder before talking. “Let’s walk around. Next class won’t start in 15 minutes.” He winked.

“Sure.”

 

We strolled down the campus, admiring the nature feel of the whole school. The number pf students outside the buildings were only few. Some were sitting on the benches, others sitting on the grass.

“You’re not so bright today.” L.joe started, looking around.

“Eh?” I replied, woken form my thoughts. L.joe chuckled lightly and ruffled my hair. “You’re usually so sunny, almost jumping around.”

“Just… tired.” I reasoned out, a glum expression on my face. L.joe nodded understandingly. “Come, I’ll walk you to your next class.”

“Thanks Byungie.” I grinned and wrapped my arms around his.

 

L.joe’s POV

 

“Thanks Byungie.”

She wrapped her arms around mine, like a child clinging on to me. My heart fluttered, but I tried my best not to show how tense I was.

Her sudden touch almost took me. What is she doing to me?

We walked to her next class silently, and it gave me time to think of things. Think of what this stupid feeling is.

When we neared her building, Eunhae abruptly stopped walking.

She slowly removed her hands on my arms.

My eyes traveled to where she was looking at, and there just in front of us was Infinite.

“Hey Eunhae!” One of them grinned, waving her over. She smied a little before hollering. “I have class, Dongwoo Oppa!”

The guys nodded and smiled at her.

“Ya Park Eunhae.” One of them, Myungsoo, seethed. Eunhae smiled at the other boys and completely ignored Myungsoo’s presence. She then took me by the hand and dragged me towards the building. “Let’s go Byungie.”

“Ya!” Myungsoo shrieked. Infinite had their brows rising. Eunhae continued walking, dragging me with her. “Let’s ignore that douche, please.” She whispered, glancing at me for a second. 

I couldn’t really focus, so I just nodded. Her fingers were interlaced with mine, and it sent weird churning on my stomach.

We were about to reach the stairs when Eunhae was pulled away from me. Next thing I know, Myungsoo was holding her shoulders, looking straight to her eyes. Eunhae gladly glared back. Tension filled the atmosphere. Even Infinite couldn’t do anything but look.

I badly want to pull her back.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“What are you doing?” Myungsoo hissed.

Your lip twitched. “Isn’t it clear to you? I’m avoiding you.”

“Without even me knowing why.” He spat out.

You rolled your eyes and struggled free from his grip. “That’s your problem then.”

With that you turned away from him and walked to your next class with L.joe.

 

“Sorry about that, Byungie.” You bit your lower lip, head bowed down Ljoe gently pat your head. “It’s okay. I think… you hate him.”

“I do.” You sighed.

 

Infinite gawked at Myungsoo who ruffled his hair in annoyance.

“Stupid girl!” He shrieked, stomping his foot.

Sunggyu slowly approached him, careful not to anger him more. “Myung, what happened? You fought?”

Myungsoo looked up with a grave expression. “I don’t know. I don’t care.” 

 

 

_____________________________