He likes her

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Jaehee lightly bopped your forehead with her index finger. She crinkled her nose, looking at you wake up from your gaze. The two of you were staying in the library, stalling free time during afternoon classes.

“What’s up with the day dreaming?” She chuckled, flipping her page.

You glanced at her for a second and shrugged, popping your lips. “Hee, I have a question.” You smiled, playing with your fingers. Jaehee didn’t even look up, she simply nodded.

“Oh wait!” Her head snapped up, cutting you before you could even start.

You closed your opened mouth, giving her a stern look. “What?”

Jaehee giggled on her seat. “I heard something yesterday.”

Your brows rose. “Calm down, geez. Is that about fan girls or Infinite or our flirty math teacher?”

She pursed her lips. “More interesting than all of those.”

“What about then?”

The corners of her lips slowly tugged into a knowing smile. “You.”

“Who’s yo— WHAT?! ME?!” Jaehee jerked on her seat, her hand hurriedly clamped on your mouth. Students gave you annoyed looks. The librarian pointed her stick at you, her well-shaped brows raised.

You flashed her a sheepish smile, as well to the students throwing dirty looks. “Hehehe… Mianhe…”

Jaehee snorted, rolling her eyes. “At least control yourself.”

But you weren’t paying attention anymore; your mind was flying on the clouds of curiosity. “Me? Since when did I become talk of the town?”

“Ever since you started dating Lee Byunghyun.”

 

 

 

“Byungie!” You hissed, sneaking towards L.joe.

He was talking with his friend, Chunji. The two looked up at you. Chunji grinned, and L.joe shot you a knowing look.

Chunji whistled, standing from his seat. “I guess I’ll leave you two alone.” He swaggered away; winking at school girls he passed by.

L.joe exhaled. “You heard?” He bit his lower lip.

You sighed, nodding. “How… did that start?”

“Don’t ask me.” He replied, looking around. You two were sitting in the university’s open field benches, and it pretty much attracted attention. “Let’s find somewhere else.” He stood up, offering you his hand.

You hesitantly looked at it. “I don’t think…”

L.joe quickly retrieved his extended hand. “Right, right.”

 

The two of you walked on the hallway, turning on the nearest classroom. L.joe silently closed the door behind him.

“So what now?” You sighed, slumping on the teacher’s desk.

He scratched his head, a light sigh escaping his lips. “This was never meant to happen. I’m… so sorry.”

His flustered face made you giggle. “Honestly, I don’t really care. I just don’t want rumors flying around… you know.” Your head lowered down, secretly biting your poor lower lip.

L.joe smiled genuinely. “Yes, I know.”

Silence overpowered, the both of you savoring the quiet.

“Someone took our picture when we had lunch.” L.joe started. You pursed your lips in thought. “You never told me you had fan girls, Byungie.” You jokingly said.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment. He was at loss of words.

“They spread the rumors, from what I know. You’re quite popular around here… the delinquent Lee Byunghyun from Teen top?” You grinned, teasing him with your brows wiggling.

He chuckled. “Sorry, should’ve told you. I just… want you to be friends with me… as me.”

What he said made you stop. His eyes reflected his sincerity, and it was rare seeing L.joe as someone who opens up.

“It’s fine. I… appreciate you just the way you are.”

L.joe’s head snapped up. “You do?”

“Of course!” A grin plastered on your face, your pearl whites showing. Slowly, L.joe’s lips tugged into a smile. “Thanks, Eunhae.”

“And, I think… I need to tell you something. I’m not really good at this, but I’m pretty much sure of how I feel.” L.joe looked up, his face now full of undeniable determination.

You looked back at him, slowly nodding.

“Since this rumor is already spreading, I… I… think it’s time for me to do this.”

L.joe inhaled deeply before speaking. He neared your place and stood just right before you. His eyes bore into yours.

Somehow, you felt nervous.

“Park Eunhae… I… like you.”

 

 

Myungsoo walked with his gang on the hallways, preparing for their next class. It was usual for them to walk early to avoid the spazzing girls.

“Myung, you never told me Eunhae’s taken!” Woohyun suddenly whined, stopping their cool prance. Sungyeol inwardly facepalmed. *Damn, this won’t do. He shouldn’t know about that rumor. Darn you Woohyun.*

Myungsoo coldly looked at Woohyun. “What?”

“Eunhae! She’s—“

“Oh! I’ve heard about that!” Sungjong jumped up. Sunggyu’s mouth slowly opened in realization. “Oh, me too.”

Myungsoo sighed. “Just exactly what are you talking about?”

Dongwoo and Hoya shared the same confusion. Sungyeol briefly closed his eyes.

“They say Eunhae’s dating Lee Byunghyun from Teen Top.”

Myungsoo immediately looked away, hiding his sudden angered expression. His nose flared, and his jaw clenched. *She lied. Why should I even care?*

“You didn’t know? You’re her housemate!” Dongwoo retorted.

Hoya shrugged. “Myungsoo doesn’t know. That proves it not to be true. That must be just a rumor.”

Everybody waited for Myungsoo to respond. Instead, he inhaled deeply before walking away, leaving his friends stunned.

He couldn’t help but ball his fists, his eyes on fire. It angered hi, everything as of the moment angered him, and he hated it. He hated why he’s even caring. He hated t that he’s even thinking about it.

He paused walking for a while, leaning on the wall for support. To calm himself, he took in deep breaths. It was the time for him to think of what it is bugging him.

“Since this rumor is already spreading, I… I… think it’s time for me to do this.”

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed. He straightened his posture, his ears perked up. Cautiously, he approached the door to listen.

But silence took over. *Ah, must be nothing.* He shook his head, shrugging the thoughts away. He exhaled and placed his hands on his pockets, walking away.

“Park Eunhae… I… like you.”

He stopped in his tracks, his heart skipping a beat.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

Oh no. no. no.