Inside

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

Your POV

 

He… he likes me? Byungie likes me?

But… gah. I never thought of this. This never even occurred to me. What should I do? I… see him as my great friend. 

He was always there. And I couldn't deny his great attitude towards me. And the smiles he gave me. But, I...

I don't know.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

You plopped on one of the couches, heaving a very deep sigh. Thoughts ran on your head non-stop, and everything seemed to clam you up.

Flashback

You stood motionless, staring back at L.joe. He bit his lower lip, thinking of the right words to follow his straight confession.

“I… I’m not forcing you to respond to what I feel, Eunhae. I... I just want you to know.” He stammered, lowering his head. You forced a smile, lightly giving him a tap on the shoulder. “I… just never thought of this.”

“You’re an amazing girl. You make people smile, and…” He inhaled deeply, fighting the embarrassment. “You make me happy.” He took your hand on his shoulder and gently squeezed it.

His words toughed your heart, but it was hard to respond. L.joe is such a great guy for you, but it isn’t right to return feelings that you haven’t developed.

“I’m so sorry but I… I can’t answer.”

L.joe smiled warmly. “I’m not urging you to answer now. But please, don’t avoid me. We can still be friends, right?” He looked at you with expectant eyes.

You nodded, lips tugging to a small smile. But deep inside, it bothered you.

“I’ll wait.” He breathed out.

End of Flashback

 

“Wouldn’t it be awkward?” You muttered, helplessly slouching on your seat.

Your thoughts were interrupted when the main door opened. Harang walked in, bringing tons of shopping bags. Myungsoo followed behind, his face grave.

“Oh hello Eunhae!” Harang chirped, feigning enthusiasm. You smiled back for a second and stood up, preparing to go upstairs. Harang shrugged and sat on the couch, grinning over her purchases. Myungsoo took off his coat and walked upstairs too.

“Thanks for accompanying me, Myubaby!” Harang hollered with her girly pitch. Myungsoo just nodded and trudged to his room.

Before turning your knob, you sighed. “Hey Myungsoo.” You called out.

It was as if he didn’t hear you. He hurriedly opened his door, entering without sparing you a glance. You snorted, annoyed. “Myungsooooooo.” You cooed, following him and entering his opened door. He was loosening his tie when his sight landed at you.

“Hey.” You waved.

He stared back, his eyes sharp. “Get out.”

“Why are you—“

“I said out.” He seethed, his jaw clenched.

You rolled your eyes. “Why are you so grumpy all of a sudden?”

He let out an exasperated sigh. “Just… let me be alone, Eunhae. I’m tired.”

You nodded hesitantly, realizing the situation. For the first time, Myungsoo’s eyes looked so… melancholic yet fierce. His face reflected some emotion unknown to you. “Okay, rest well.”

 

Myungsoo sighed as he threw himself on the bed. His brows were furrowed, his jaw clenched. “What is happening to me?” He mumbled.

Park Eunhae… I like you.

L.oe’s words wouldn’t stop ringing in his head. He shook it vigorously to remove the thoughts, but it was somehow glued to his mind. Worst thing is, he doesn’t even know why he’s bothered.

 

The slow humming of music kept the room’s ambiance serene and calm. Your head was well rested on one big fluffy pillow, your body flat on the bed.

If your room seemed calm, your mind was on a tornado flight.

 

“Hey you.” Harang let herself in, her arms crossed.

You sat up, tilting your head at her. “Can I help you?”

She chuckled bitterly. “You should ask yourself the same question.”

“What are you getting at?” Your pitch rose.

She shrugged, looking at you intently. “If you think that you’ve won this game because of that night, you’re wrong.”

A smile tugged on your lips involuntarily. “You’re competing for nothing, Harang. I’m not trying to snag Myungsoo. He’s a friend.”

“Last time I checked, he’s your enemy.” She retorted.

A frustrated sigh escaped your lips as you helplessly tried to make her realize. “For goodness sake, Harang. Let’s stop this.”

She pressed her lips into a thin line, just glaring.

“Myungsoo’s… all yours.” You stammered, not liking what you just said. It sounded… wrong. *Because he’s my friend and I don’t want him to fall with girls like Harang. Right, that’s it.* You mentally noted.

“I’m not done, remember that.” She hissed and waved her hand dismissively before exiting the room. The door slammed behind her.

 

 

Seohyun barged in the room, just like it’s her own home too. She plopped on your bed and waved a hand in front of your face.

“What’s bothering you? You had me running here.” She chided, lightly poking your nose. A squeal escaped her lips when you pulled her into an embrace. “Eonni…”

Seohyun tapped your back comfortingly. “Boy issues?”

You nodded, pulling away. “I’m doomed.”

“You mean confused.” She corrected, standing up to mindlessly check out your room. She stopped in front of the shelf and picked out some books.

“What should I do??” You whimpered, throwing yourself to the bed.

Seouhyun turned to look at your for a brief second. “What’s his name? Is it… Myungsoo?” She grinned, eyeing you knowingly.

“No! I mean, no. Myungsoo’s just a friend.” You quickly retorted, brows furrowed. Seohyun’s face fell. “Then who is it?”

“He’s… my classmate. He’s also my good friend. We hang out during free time.”

She took her seat across you and turned you to face her. “There’s only one question you need to answer, Hae.”

You gave her a quizzical look.

“If you think he’s a deserving guy, you should take the risk and try.” She nodded, agreeing to what she herself said. “That is, if you see him as a good guy.”

“He is…” You mumbled.

Seohyun smiled, giving you a light squeeze on your shoulder.

“Then, are you willing to give him a chance?”

 

 

Myungsoo walked in the school halls the next day, enjoying the quiet. His eyes roamed around, letting the emptiness take him away.

A girl shyly smiled to him. “Myungsoo Oppa~ Good morning.”

He glared at the girl coldly, making her shiver and scramble away.

It was his charm, a charm meant to be hated but still loved. He continued his slow steps, thoughts running in his head. He badly wanted to stay true to who he really is, but he felt something inside him. Something new.

What he did to the poor girl was who he is, he told himself. But deep inside him, something was pulling him to the other side. And if he was not that strong, he would’ve smiled back at the girl, even greeting her back joyfully.

Before, there was nothing that appeared to him.

He was cold, arrogant, a jerk. He didn’t care about things.

But now, he actually regretted that he shooed the girl away. He was feeling guilty. And he never felt guilty in his whole life. He’s Kim Myungsoo, the emotionless bad boy of Seoul University.

But that something inside him was erasing the emotionless and bad boy attitude he thought was innate in him.

He huffed, stopping in his tracks.

Something just hit him.

“This is not who I am.” He whispered.

And at that very moment, he was trying to figure out if someone could’ve done the strange thing to him. Someone.

 

___________________________________

Myungsoo ;> you're clueless.

lol, hello guys!

 

and oh, look at my wonderful poster! thanks to leemi's 3rd request shop! :) nice, right? teeheeeeee