Unknown Reason

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“I know what you’re trying to do.”

You looked up, blinking at L.joe. He rolled his eyes and lightly bopped your forehead. “For the past few minutes you’ve been avoiding eye contact. Whenever I try to speak, you always cut me off.” He explained further, eyeing you knowingly. You bit your lip, trying to find some excuses.

“Uhh, What…?”

“I won’t ask you how you know Infinite, if that’s what you’re afraid of.” He shrugged, munching on his sandwich. “And besides…” He mumbled, mouth half-full. “They’re not harassing you or something. T’seems like you’re friends with them.” He nodded, even agreeing to what he said.

You your chin, eventually breaking in to a smile.

“I’ll tell you, anyway… we’re friends, right?” You smiled cheekily, extending your thumb to L.joe. He looked at it for a second, a smile willingly tugging on his lips as he stuck his finger to touch yours.

 

“Well, we met at COEX.”

You started, looking around for people, or worst, fangirls. “I was shopping with my Oppa, when he needed to go for business purposes.” You sighed, reminiscing that time with Lay. “And, I still had tons of desserts ordered, I couldn’t leave them.” You added sheepishly.

L.joe snickered and ruffled your hair playfully. “You’re such a pig.”

“Anyway…” You stuck your tongue out, continuing your story. “I was alone, and I was still hyped enough to continue my shopping moment, but my calves throbbed. I guess my body disagrees with my mind.”

“What does your shopping have to do with meeting Infinite?” His brows arched.

You threw him an annoyed look and went back to the story. “It was raining, and I couldn’t hail a cab. I was about to call my cousin to fetch me, but then my phone died. That useless little crap.” You hissed the last part. L.joe rolled his eyes, urging you to continue.

“Well, one of them, Woohyun, helped me carry my bags and wait for a cab. He was a friendly guy, yet he was kind of… childish. I think all of them are, except for one.” You grunted. “And, they offered to take me home since the cab line was so long. I didn’t want to, thinking that it’s a little inappropriate. But then they insisted. Since Myungsoo lived in the… same area as mine, he offered to take me home.” You smiled triumphantly, finishing.

He nodded in understanding, his chin with his long slender fingers.

“You just agreed like that?”

You bit your lip, squeezing your brain. “Uh, yeah. Myungsoo’s my… childhood friend anyway. His dad and mine are best buddies and business partners. I... I… I just never knew he was in Infinite. Hehe.” You clasped your hands together. L.joe placed his bottle of juice down, eyeing you quizzically.

“So… that explains that afternoon at the park?” He mumbled. You remembered that afternoon instantly, when Myungsoo dragged you away and brought you home. “Uh, Yes! Yes we had an event to attend to...”

He mumbled a ‘hmmm’ and gulped all his drink. “Then why are you avoiding them then?” He raised a brow. You gasped at him, eyes round. “Are you insane? Of course I would avoid them! They have tons of fangirls who are ready to grill me if I sit with their Oppas!” You let out a sigh, rolling your eyes at the thought of the pretty desperate fangirls.

“If they only knew…” You whispered, Myungsoo’s attitude and signature arrogant face flashing on your mind. L.joe bopped your forehead, lips pressed into a thin line. “You said something?”

You immediately shook your head, grinning. “Nothing!”

 

 

It was already nearing sunset, and students slowly diminished in number.

You hopped out of your last class of the day, excited to go home and have an intimate moment with your bed.

“Hey Eunhae!” Jaehee chirped, seeing you walk out of class. Your eyes twinkled as you grinned at her. “Hi!”

‘So… where are you headed to?”

 You smiled sheepishly, looking at the floor. “Home…”

“Gee, why are you going home? Let’s come to this party tonight! Almost all students will be there! It’s an annual celebration for freshmen, like you!” She hopped up and down excitedly, her lips curved into a right smile. Your eyes faltered down again, biting your lip. “I’m not sure…”

“Come on!”

“I’ll try..” You smiled back sincerely. She nodded, giving you a light squeeze on the shoulder. “Anyway, if you change your mind, call me!” With that, she waved goodbye and ran back to her friends waiting at the other side of the hallway.

 L.joe was leaning against the wall in the hallways, listening to music with his eyes shut. You smiled, nearing his figure.

“Byunghyun…” You whispered near his ear, low enough that it sounded like a boy’s. He jerked his head sideways and grabbed your wrist, his eyes alert. You looked at his firm hold and winced a little. He immediately removed his hold and muttered a ‘sorry’.

“I didn’t mean to, you see—I was… shocked, uh… self-defense?” He chuckled nervously, touching the nape of his neck. He was waiting for your reply, and was stunned to see you bursting in a loud guffaw.

His brows furrowed, looking at you laugh so hard that you could literally roll on the floor. “Why…?”

“Y…You! I never thought you’d… you’d be… ugh the reflex!” You giggled, composing yourself. “You would be a good companion, L.joe! I will be assured of my safety.” You huffed, lightly jabbing your finger to his chest. L.joe started to chuckle. “You mean… you like my reflexes?”

You nodded, still giggling. “You’re like… trained to it. Are you a martial artist or something?”

L.joe looked away as something played on his mind. “Ani… Just gone through some self-defense class.” He hurriedly finished and walked away.

You tilted your head to the side, left alone. “Did I say something wrong?” You muttered, looking at his retreating back. “L.joe! Wait up!” You hollered, scrambling off to follow him.

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo were left alone in their usual café, the others off to do their own things. Sungyeol was whistling to some tune, while Myungsoo played with his Ipad, his face emotionless.

“Soo.” Sungyeol nudged his side, getting his attention. “Hmm?” That was all he got from the ice prince. Sungyeol, used to it, just shrugged. “Don’t you think Eunhae’s close with that L,joe guy?”

Myungsoo continued to play but his attention was all on his ears, listening. “How’d you know him?” He asked. Sungyeol looked around, bored. “History class. Anyway, are they really that close?”

Myungsoo sighed. “I don’t know. What am I? Her father?”

“No, you’re her housemate.” Sungyeol grinned. Myungsoo’s game ended, with him failing. He sighed and placed the device on the table. “What are you up to, Sungyeol?” He eyed his friend intently. Sungyeol chuckled. “Nothing, just curious. They look close.”

“I don’t care about that.” He hissed, getting back to his game. Sungyeol’s brows arched at his friend. “Then why are you hissing?”

“Am not! Geez, Sungyeol! You’re so annoying!” He burst out, glaring at Sungyeol. Sunyeol raised his hands up in mid-air. “Chill, chill.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and got up from his sat. “I’ll get going, bye.” He muttered and left. Sungyeol giggled to himself as he was left alone. *Pabo.*

 

The back Maserati sped like a cheetah on the road. Myungsoo’s eyes were glued to the road, his hands firmly secured on the steering wheel.

“Why do they even think I care about her? She’s trouble.” He spoke, thoughts running on his head. He was miffed with too much on his head, but he couldn’t think blank. Abruptly, he stepped on the brakes and the car screeched to a halt. Myungsoo sighed and raked his hair in frustration.

Just as he was having his moment, you walked out the campus gates with a lopsided grin on your face. L.joe walked beside you, his hands on his pockets.

“So when should we make our project presentation?” He started. You turned around from your prance and faced him. “Uhm, I’m free anytime… I think.”

He nodded, his lips pursed in thought. “Saturday?”

“Hmmkay.” You smiled, looking at the vast blue sky. “Your house?” L.joe added, making you stagger a bit. “Uh, I don’t think that’s a good idea…”

L.joe looked at you questioningly. “Is there something wrong?”

A nervous chuckle escaped your lips. “Hehe, I… I... uh… my cousins are coming over to renovate the place!”

His brows arched. “And you’re not helping?”

“No, they don’t… want me to.” You giggled nervously, a small bead of sweat rolling down your forehead. In no time you were already fanning yourself with your free hand. “Whoo! It’s hot, eh?” You gave him a crooked smile.

L.joe’s eyes didn’t leave you. “Are you… okay?”

“Yes, Of course!”

He chuckled. “Well then it’s my house?”

You nodded, grinning at him. “Sure. Just… call me.”

“I can pick you up.” He gave you one of his famous eye smiles. You hurriedly rejected the offer. “I can manage, hehehe.”

 

Myungsoo lifted his head up from the steering wheel and closed his eyes. Somehow the darkness comforted him. He was narked by the fact that Sungyeol knows, and is constantly teasing him. And to think that he’s affected, with some unknown reason. “I’m just tired from all the school work. That’s it.” He mumbled, running his fingers through his jet black hair.

When his lids fluttered open, the first thing his sight landed on was outside the school campus gates. Specifically, you and L.joe. His lips twitched in amusement.

“They’re flirting.” He snickered, rolling his eyes. At that very moment, he remembered the afternoon he dragged you away from L.joe. Somehow he felt triumphant doing that.

You fiddled with your fingers there, rocking yourself with your heel as L.joe talked. A chuckle escaped Myungsoo’s lips as it curved into an evil smirk. “I don’t mind ing. Again.”

 

You gasped as the screeching sound came upon your hearing. L.joe’s eyes curiously looked at the car, then his lips slowly opened as he recognized.

 Myungsoo rolled the windows down and looked at you with a hard expression on his face. You whined, stomping your foot.

“What do you want?” You grumbled. His eyes scanned the area and finally you. “Get on the car.”

You rolled your eyes and pretended not to hear. “Oh, L.joe let’s eat out!” You smiled, ignoring your housemate’s presence there. Myungsoo lowly growled. “Park Eunhae.”

You turned to look at him, his fiery eyes boring into yours. “Why would I?” You raised your tone, arms crossed. “You see, Myung—“

“She doesn’t want to, man.” L.joe interrupted, keeping his cool. You bit your lip, blaming Myungsoo again for causing tension. Myungsoo as if didn’t hear anything. He looked at L.joe for a second and turned to look at you, his eyes telling you something.

“Get. In. The. Car.” He seethed, sending electricity up to your spine. You stiffened and slowly faced L.joe. “I guess I’ll have to go, Ljoe.” You smiled a bit and tapped his shoulder goodbye. He nodded slowly, still processing the situation on his head.

Quickly, you scrambled off to the passengers’ seat and Myungsoo rolled up his windows, speeding off.

L.joe stood there with a confused expression. “Just childhood friends?”He whispered to himself, looking at the car fast disappearing.

 

 

“What now, douche?” You grunted, sulking in your seat. Myungsoo started laughing. “I ed you guys! Isn’t it fun?” He glanced at your direction and continued laughing. Your mouth was slightly agape when you looked at him. “You’re such a stupid idiot! We’re friends, talking about our project!”

“Seems not to me.” He shrugged, composing himself. “And besides, aren’t you thankful I gave you a ride home?” He arrogantly said. You twitched your lip. “Not at all.”

“Here I am, being polite. Giving my housemate a ride home.” He said in a sing-song voice. You glumly looked at him. “Seriously? You think this is polite?”

He nodded, his eyes fixed on the road. “For Kim Myungsoo it is.”

“For normal people it’s not.” You hissed, looking at the passing view from the window. “It’s you, being the douche you are.” You mumbled. Myungsoo scoffed. “You’re so grateful, huh?”

You nodded, sarcasm oozing in your voice as you spoke. “Very much, very much.”

The ride was awfully silent, tension building up in the air. The humming of the speakers didn’t seem to do anything to the situation. “Milk tea?” Myungsoo blurted out. Even he was surprised with himself.

You looked at him pointedly. “What?”

“Nothing.” He quickly retorted, focusing on the road. You rolled your eyes at his attempt. “I heard you offering milk tea, Myungsoo.”

“I wasn—“

“Sure, I’d like the large size. Let’s go.” You cut him off, grinning slyly. Myungsoo sighed and the intersection, changing destinations.

“Just this once, brat.” He chided.

You chuckled. “It’s your treat, douche. You wanted to be polite, right?”

 

 

__________________________________

update ^^