He Knows

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Night slowly took over. It was a long day, and a very disappointing one for you. It was like a rotten box of your favorite treat. Looking forward, but greeted with a bam.

Myungsoo heaved a sigh, loosening his tie. Both of you just got home from the dinner, and well it wasn’t the ususal you he was with. And yes, he despised it. He hated seeing you like that for some reason he couldn’t say. And deep inside his unwilling self, he wanted to place a smile on your lips.

For weeks now, three people occupied the house. But as of now, only both of you were in. Harang was out for some errands and would be gone for a couple of days. Somehow, the thought made Myungsoo’s lips tug into a slight smile.

However, you were still sulking on the fact that Ljoe was ignoring you. And that didn’t help at all.

“I hate it when I feel like crap.” You whimpered, kicking the blanket away. A frustrated sigh escaped your lips. “Darn this!”

 

“Saeng, you know I hate it when you’re depressed.” Chun chided on the other line. Though you could only hear his voice, you could imagine him wiggling his index finger with that mature look on his face that didn't fit your derp of a brother at all. You blew a raspberry before replying. “I am not depressed.”

“Oh yeah? Acting like a zombie at dinner a while ago?” He clucked his tongue.

Before you could respond, he continued. “Weren’t you ashamed? Uncle Kim was thre and yet you looked like you were dead. You know what, If you're having your time of the month, don't let it ruin your mood. Well, it could be painful-- I don't know I'm a guy-- but please, don't be moody. Everybody hates moody people. What if no one will like you? You'll grow old an old maid! Or live your life as a... grumpy woman! Oh please don't, sis. No, Pleaseeeee! ”

You blanked out, completely thinking of nothing. Chun’s words processed slowly on your brain.

“Hae! Ya!” Chun barked, gasping slightly for air after his long lecture.

“Oh, sorry, what was that?” You muttered. He sighed exasperatedly. “Fix yourself, before I do something you won’t like for sure.”

With that the line went dead.

 

It wasn’t that you were deeply pained, but disturbed. For all your life, you gained friends and treasured them in every way. Having someone show negative emotions around you provokes your insecurities.

And yep, L.joe is a very precious friend. Your heart pounded with pain as you thought of him endlessly. Why are you so affected? Do you feel something for him?

Or are you just… worried?

 

 

Myungsoo bit his lip as he hesitantly held the cold knob.

“Hae?” He beathed out, finally having the courage to talk.

You looked at him with those stone eyes of yours. “What?”

He shrugged and let himself in. “Just thought I could bother you.”

“Get lost, Myungsoo. I’m not in the mood.”

“I know that, which makes it more interesting.” He chuckled while he plopped on the bed, kicking you away. “Myungsoo.” You growled. He stuck his tongue playfully, making himself comfortable.

You rolled your eyes. “Please, I beg you. Get lost and go get a life.”

“Well, I can’t because I’m surrounded with bad vibes every where.” He snorted. You raised a brow quizzically. “What?”

“You. What is happening to you? I’m not used to the leave-me-alone attitude, you know. If you’re trying to get my attention, it’s wor—“

“I’m not trying to get your attention, I’m just tired. Now get lost!” You silenced him, grasping his wrist and pulling him up. His eyes never left your emotionless face. “You’re not ‘tired.’ You’re troubled.”

Your brows furrowed as you ran your palms on the bed sheet. “What are you, some kind of psychic?”

“Yes.”

“Well, Mister Psychic, I don’t need your revelations.”

“But you do need me.”

“What are—“ You turned around, only to be stopped by his arms wrapping around your stiff body. You could perfectly feel his steady heartbeat. “I don’t usually give hugs, but if… it makes you feel better…” He mumbled, trailing off.

His hand gently traced circles on your back, as he secured you in his arms.

You gulped, somersaults on your stomach. Your heart pounded on fast speed now, and your fingers trembled with this different feeling stirring up inside you. “I…”

Myungsoo pulled awaw, immediately hiding his face. “As usual, I was being polite.”  He spat out in his best arrogant voice and quickly exited the room.

You stood still on your spot, trying to calm your heart.

*What was that?*

 

 

----------

 

L.joe sighed heavily. His forehead was creased with agitation, and his fists were clenched. He couldn’t figure out why exactly does he have to be treated that way. Why does he need to experience too much pain?

Will he be rejected?

Or should he just back out.

He shook his head, looking at the vast school grounds placid before his eyes. People were still probably getting out of bed at this time of the day, and yet he was there, sitting on a bench, letting his thought eat him whole.

A bitter chuckle escaped his lips. “I’m whipped. Whipped for that girl. For the very first time in my life, I’m whipped.”

 

“Byungie!” You gasped, panting on your knees. Your hair was disheveled from the wind, and your books were unstable on your hands. He jerked up his seat, looking at you with his cold eyes. “What do you need?”

“Good Morning. I knew I would see you here.” You breathed out, a small smile tugging on your lips. He looked away, his jaw clenched. “I asked you, what do you need?”

“I need to… talk to you.”

He bit his lips, fighting the urge to be his normal self around you. “I’m not in the mood.”

“What did I do?” You blurted out, your voice squeaking. He faced you, a bitter smile on his lips. “What a funny question, Eunhae.”

Your eyes threatened to water, as your hands trembled. “Please, I… I don’t want to…”

“Want to what?” He spat out.

You stiffened. “To lose… a friend.”

Another bitter chuckle from him. “Yeah right. Say what you want to say.”

You sniffled, your voice cracking as you begged. “I don’t know wat to do! It’s not you, Byungie! You’re not the Lee Byunghyun I know! You’re one of my greatest friends here, and one of the few who understands me. But then all of a sudden… please, tell me what happened.”

He turned to you, his eyes cold and his face stiff. “This is who I am, Park Eunhae. And that guy you know… maybe he would’ve been the same, if you didn’t lie to him.” He seethed through gritted teeth.

Finally, a tear escaped your eye. L,joe looked away, keeping the pain to himself.

“L…lie?”

“Did you even plan on telling me that you lived with Kim Myungsoo?”

You eyes rounded. “I…I…”

“I’m sorry if I’m petty. But you do know how I feel, Eunhae. And I have been patiently waiting. But this… this revelation, it just stabs. That you live with another guy, not to mention, one of the jjangs in school? That I don’t know what your relationship with him is… Darn it.”

No words came out when your lips parted.

L.joe again turned to you, revealing his pained face.

 

“You’re so dense.” He hissed, before trudging away.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

Huhuhu hard to update.

This week is my finals. And last week was jam-packed with competitions.

Am so sorry!

Thanks for waiting!!<3