Undeniable

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Sungyeol was smiling to himself all the time. The title “pretty gums” for him was clearly evident as he observed keenly. 

“I told you, he’s just a friend! Why are you bugging me?!” You whined, socking Myungsoo’s arm. He winced and shot you his death glare. “I was just asking!”

“Whatever. You’re being weird again.” You crossed your arms and harrumphed, turning away from him. Myungsoo snorted. “Weird?”

You faced him again and nodded vigorously. “Myung... you don’t like L.joe for me?”

He tensed in his seat. His jaw clenched as he hurriedly grabbed his cup, sipping wildly. You whimpered. “Myungsoo! Answer me!”

“No.” He snapped and looked away.

“So you care for your housemate?” You nudged his side playfully, which earned you another death glare. “I don’t care about you. I am just doing what your fathe—“

“Now you’re using my dad~” You chirped and playfully covered you ears.

He sighed. “Eunhae, I don’t care about you.”

“Shhh!” You pushed a finger against his chest. “Don’t deny it, you’re caring for your friend~”

“No.” He moved away, irritated. You grinned. “Okay, deny it.”

“I don’t have anything to deny.” He shrugged.

“So I’ll just date L.joe, eh?” You teased. His head snapped up, his eyes turned to slits. “You will?”

A light chuckle escaped your lips. “See~You DO care.”

He looked away wordlessly.

 

 

Hoya chuckled at the corner. “Look at them.”

“So cute.” Sunggyu commented, smiling unconsciously.

Woohyun exhaled. “It’s nice seeing him with a variety of emotions.”

“Yeah, right.” Dongwoo nodded. “I like this new hyung.” Sungjong added.

Everybody smiled as they observed you two. Sunggyu looked away, contented. He raised a brow seeing Sungyeol blank out at the corner.

“Yo!” He bopped his forehead. Sungyeol woke up from his daze. “Eh, hyung?”

Sunggyu chuckled. “You’re happy for Myungsoo?”

“I just hope he admits it soon. He has a strong rival.”

Infinite again nodded in agreement.

 

 

It was past eight in the evening when both of you arrived home.

The house looked serene. The dimmed yellow lights somehow gave the feeling of comfort.

“Oppa, you’re home!” Harang screeched from upstairs.

She grinned as she took the stairs twice at the same time. “I missed you!” She attacked Myungsoo with her hug. Myungsoo closed his eyes briefly, his face unreadable. You secretly rolled your eyes, sitting there on the couch.

She giggled and let go, her arm draped on Myungsoo’s shoulder. “Oppa, I was calling you~”

You snickered with disgust as you sat there on the couch. Your lip was twitching endlessly. *She’s a skinship monster.* You inwardly seethed.

Myungsoo took out his phone. “Oh, it’s dead. I’m sorry.”

Harang nodded, pouting. “It’s okay Myubaby. At least you got home safe. No one tried to seduce you or something.” She emphasized the last part, stealing you a knowing glance.

A bitter chuckle escaped your lips. “Seduce? More like her.” You muttered to yourself.

Myungsoo brushed her hand politely and shot you a glance. “I’ll be going up now.”

Harang smiled. “Arasso Oppa~ Take your rest.”

Still Myungsoo stayed on his spot. He was waiting for you to respond. Harang secretly shot you a death glare.

 You bit your lip and smiled. “Go up, Myung. Thanks for the treat!” You chuckled and stood up from your seat. 

"I was forced. You brat." He playfully grunted and ascended the stairs.

 

As soon as his door closed, Harang turned to face you.

“You’re going overboard.” She seethed.

You raised a brow, uninterested. “I’m tired, Harang.”

You walked past her but she caught your arm just in time. “Stay away from him.”

“Why would I do that? We’re friends.” You retorted, your pitch raising. She rolled her eyes. “So what’s next? After being friends? Getting him in bed?”

You scoffed, looking away. Her words undeniably stung. “Look, Harang. I told you countless times, I’m not that kind of girl. Maybe you are. You won’t even get your hands off him.” You hissed, your fists balled.

She smirked. “Oh really? Now you’re jealous I can touch him whenever I want?”

“Wha—No!”

“Flirt. Myungsoo won’t look at you. You’re too dirty for him.” She spat out before leaving the room, with you fuming.

 

 

Your POV

 

What is that girl thinking? Flirt? Maybe she is!

I collapsed on the bed, letting all my thoughts engulf me. It’s weird that I get worked up so easily around Harang. Usually when someone does those things to me, I just ignore it. I have that kind of attitude.

But when it comes to her, my blood just boils.

She looks at Myungsoo like she’s undressing him! And she’s so clingy! And she talks with that whiny voice! And she won’t stop baring too much skin around him!

A sigh escaped my lips. “And she’s saying that I’m seducing Myungsoo?”

My hand fell to my chest. Whenever she’s present, my blood boils, but there’s this new feeling. This burning thing inside.

“Whatever!” I shined, burying my face with the pillow.

I’m just tired. Right, tired.

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

I faced the wall sized mirror, looking at the smile tugging on my lips. It feels so new, having this thing plastered on my face. I don’t even know why it’s there, I just can’t wipe it off. Strange.

Though I’m confused, somehow, it’s starting to get clearer and clearer. My heart feels so light, and it’s… nice. It’s undeniable, I know it.

I’m happy. And I don’t know why. 

 

_________________________________

 

Or maybe you do, Myung. =))

hehe filler chap.