New Feeling

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

L.joe ran like there’s no tomorrow, the hallway a blur to him. His mind couldn’t think of anything else, he was disappointed with himself.

“How could I place her in a situation like this?!” He groaned, regretting everything. He didn’t want to make you the talk of the town. He hated the fact that everybody feisted on the picture like it was some big sale on a known mall.

Most of all, he hated how he couldn’t do anything. Why must he be the populatr Lee Byunghyun? If he was a normal guy, that picture would not even mean anything to the people. That picture would have never been taken in the first place.

But the damage was done.

And all he wanted to do, was to find you. Find you and apologize.

He stopped just around the corner of the hallway’s intersection. The voices he heard stoned him in place. His fist curled, and he wanted to listen, just listen.

“Why?! Is it wrong to be with him?!” You shouted back, fists curled.

Myungsoo hissed. “Yes it is! I don’t want you to be with him!”

“Wha—Why?!”

“Because I want you to be with me!”

L.joe closed his eyes briefly, realization dawning on him. The reason why Myungsoo dragged you away from him, ed you guys, or just even send him that death glare. He exhaled, as if the heavy burden would go woth the carbon dioxide released.

But no, instead, he felt something more. He felt flames inside him, flames of determination. He wanted to win you. And he was not backing up.

“May the best man win.” He whispered, before briskly walking away.

 

 

Myungsoo exhaled. He felt all the heavy weight on his heart diminish. It pained him for so long, and now it was fulfilling.

He looked up to meet your eyes, but you quickly looked away.

Myungsoo turned crimson. “Eu—“

“I… I think… No, I… I mean, I still have classes.” You croaked, blood rushing to your cheeks. Your heart pounded, and it was an entirely new feeling. I felt good, but it was confusing you even more.

Myungsoo nodded, his heart also hammering like crazy. His toes were curled, and he bit his poor lower lip. He watched you scramble away, hiding your face.

“I’m such a loser at this.” He muttered.

“Myung?” You stopped, looking at him for a second.

He watched you with wide eyes. “…Yes?” He squeaked.

You shyly lowered you head. “Ah… Uh… Later.”

With that you ran off to your first class.

“See you later.” He whispered.

 

 

People threw you quizzical looks as you entered the room. But despite the stares you were getting, and the murmurs here and there, it didn’t bother you. Your mind was clouded with thoughts, and Myungsoo’s words won’t stop ringing in your head.

“Because I want you to be with me!”

 You propped your elbows on the desk, leaning your head on your palms. *He… He wants me to be with him?*

The thought sent butterfies down your stomach.

 

“Hae?” L.joe whispered, waking you up from your daze. You turned to look at him, immediately turning embarassed. The night replayed on your mind. “Oh..” You bit your lower lip and avoided his gaze. “Hey Byungie.”

He sighed. “I’m sorry, for all of this.”

You fiddled with your fingers, still not looking up. People were secretly listening, and L.joe sent them his death glare which made them go back to what they were originally doing. “It’s… fine. I guess Seoul University students just love gossip…”

“They do, and it .” He sneered.

You looked up, showing him a light smile. “Don’t worry. They’ll die down, anyway.”

He smiled; happiness evident in his eyes. “And Hae?”

You nodded, urging him to continue.

“Ill understand if you get angry at me.”

You shook your head. “I’m not, okay? Stop being paranoid you sleepyhead.”

He chuckled. “Well…”

Just then, the teacher came in, silencing everybody. You flashed L.joe a ckeeky smile before turning to face the teacher. He smiled contentedly, his heart soaring.

 

Myungsoo couldn’t focus at his class at all. His mind was floating, his heart was hammering. His fingers drummed on the desk quietly, and his lips was curved into a small smile. Woohyun, who was seated beside him, gaped at him.

“What happened?” He nudged his friends and whispered.

Myungsoo woke up, looking at him. “Eh?”

Woohyun chuckled lightly. “You’re different.”

“Different? No I’m not.” He replied. *Just happy.*

Woohyun shrugged, a knowing smile plastered on his face.

 

 

As the day went on, the gossip also went on. All the weird stares, the curious tilted heads, the hushed murmurs, even the shocked faces. The worst, the fangirl death glares.

You heaved a sigh, leaning on an almost empty hall. The students were already exiting the buildings.

A girl passed by, a bouquet of flowers in her hand. Another one followed beside her, chatting animatedly.

“See? I told you!” She squeaked.

The girl turned crimson as she dreamily looked at nowhere. “You were right. I just needed to listen to this.” She breathed out, placing a gentle hand just above her chest. You curiously titlted your head as they disappeared at the end of the hall.

“Listen…?” You echoed.

 

Sungyeol’s piercing scream startled you.

“I was looking everywhere for you!” He panted, resting his palms on his knees. You looked back at him, confused. “You need something, Sungyeol?”

He cheekily grinned. “Not really… but… well…”

“Well what?” You urged.

“I think you really look cute with Myungsoo.” He giggled, batting his lashes. You held your breath, your heart skipping a beat. “You’re silly.” You forced a laugh, slapping his shouldr.

He poked your cheek. “You’re blushing!”

“Yeol!”

“Okay, okay!” He raised his hands up. “I’m stopping.”

You smiled. “Good then.”

“So, you going home?” He placed his hands on his pockets, swaying from side to side. You thought for a while. “Uh-uh.”

He grinned, pumping his fist in the air. “How about some snack with us?” He looked at you expectantly, with his awkward puppy eyes. You bit yoru lip, thinking about how awkward it will be with Myungsoo. “I don’t think…”

“Oh come on!” Sungyeol protested.

“Arasso.” You mumbled, shooting him a glare. Sugyeol didn’t seem to notice and laced his arm with yours, dragging you towards the hall’s end.

 

Sunggyu’s eyes slightly widened. “Incoming!”

“Waaaah! Sungyeol hyung is daebak.” Sungjong giggled.

And the fanboy squeals followed.

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed, irritated with the noise. He mindlessly jerked his head, and gulped. “What is he thining?” He hissed, turning crimson.

Hoya bopped his forehead. “We’re just being match-makers!”

“I ship you guys so muchhhh!” Woohyun got up from his seat and danced like a retard. Dongwoo joined in, doing weird arm movements. “MyunHae~~~~”

Myungsoo groaned. His mind thought of ways on how to interact with you, especially when he’s inexperienced in this stuff. You know, liking someone. Worse, someone you live with.

“Hey guys.” Sungyeol smiled, wiggling his brows. You lowered your head beside him, avoiding meeting Myungsoo’s eyes. “Er, hello.” You waved.

Sunggyu got up from his seat and slung an arm around you. “Eunhae! We missed you! Myungsoo right here won’t let us come in your home! He’s being possessive.” He chuckled.

You pinked. “You… you could come anytime.”

“It’s fine. We all know someone will not like it.” Sunggyu shrugged, shooting Myungso a glance. The other glared in response, making Sunggyu shudder.

Hoya cheekily grinned. “So… let’s eat?”

You nodded, eager with the thought of food.

 

 

The guys happily walked towards the parking area. Sungjong and Sunggyu were bickering. Woohyun was greasily smiling at the girls passing by. Sungyeol was busy playing with some game on his tab, and Dongwoo and Hoya talked animatedly.

You followed behind, Myungsoo silently walking beside you.

It would have been fine, but now it was awfully awkward.

“Myungsoo?” You whispered. His heart again raced. “Y..Ye?” He stuttered.

You looked at him for a second before answering. “You weren’t joking, right?”

“No.” He replied in an instant, feeling a pang of diappointment that you thought it was a joke. He cleared his throat. “Let’s go. I know you’re pig self is kicking in.” He muttered as he opened the door to his car.

You hopped in with a smile, thankful the topic quickly faded.

Or else the awkwardness would have been crucial.

 

 

“Eunhae-sshi. Can I ask you something?” Dongwoo lifted his head up.

You nodded, sticking a spoon on your mouth. “Hmsure.” You mumled.

“Are you dating Lee Byunghyun?” He blurted out.

You choked on your food, wildly coughing. Myungsoo grunted at Dongwoo and handed you a glass of water. You downed it in seconds.

“I…I’m not.” You replied.

Sungjong blinked. “Then what was that picture about, noona?”

You turned crimson. “We had… dinner. The he did that.”

They nodded in understanding. Myungsoo smiled a little, knowing it was purely L.joe’s moves, not yours.

And the noisy dinner continued.

*Why do I feel so happy? Is this part of liking her?* Myungsoo thought, his stomach doing somersaults. He watched as you happily chatted with the boys, animatedly describing everything that you said.

His heart hammered, yet he didn't feel any urge to hate the hammering thing. In fact, he liked the new feeling. No, scratch that. He loved it. And well, he was willing to fight for it.

Though he wasn't really that type, it wouldn't hurt to venture in an entirely new thing right?And he was genuinely happy. He would do everything for that newfound happiness burning inside him.

 

 

_____________________________________________________