Back

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

L.joe sat down the abandoned benches of the campus, where students rarely go to. Either it was very creepy there, or students just hated places without people.

His brows furrowed, the pounding on his chest ringing in his ears. He badly wanted to stop the stupid pounding, for with it comes pain. Yet his mind was still intact. It retorted to whatever the pain brought him.

Images played on his head like a slideshow. Undoubtedly, it was all about you. Your smile, your chiming laughter, the creases that form on your forehead when you get anxious… everything. Except that it didn’t bring him joy. For in every image was with Myungsoo.

He pictured your unease towards him and your eagerness to run out. He watched as you interacted with Myungsoo, and how Myungsoo’s eyes never left you. And the words rang on his head, the words on the hallway.

“Because I want you to be with me!”

He could only chuckle, a bitter one. “Am I just letting myself lose, then?”

 

Myungsoo pursed his lips, trying to act like who he usually is.

“Dinner with Infinite.” He muttered; hiding his face.You could only manage a nod, engrossed in the view as the car passed by the city. People rushed here and there, running their last errands for the day.

 

“Where are you taking me?” You squeaked, head tilted. Myungsoo glanced at you for a second before focusing back on the road. He scoffed. “I just told you!”

“You… did? I didn’t hear anything.” You mumbled.

Myungsoo sighed. “Or you weren’t paying attention.”

“I’m sorry, okay! Just tell me. Are you… kidnapping me?” Your hands immediately jerked to your chest, mouth agape. Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “You’re insane.”

“Where are you taking me?” You asked again, now seething. He smiled a bit, tapping his fingers on the wheel comofrotably. “Dinner, remember? The guys told you about it yesterday?”

“Oh, right!” You snapped, grinning. Myungsoo just had to shake his head at your stupidity.

 

 

“I’ll kill those guys.” Myungsoo buried his face on his palms, exhaling hard. You popped your lips, swirling the butter knife on your fingers and the table. “I’m sure… they just got stuck in traffic or something.”

What you said didn’t help at all.

Myungsoo gritted his teeth, his jaw clenched. “I know those guys too well…”

At that very moment, his phone buzzed on the table. You reached for it, but he was faster. He gave you a cold look before opening the message. You just smiled cheekily.

“Darn it.” He hissed, his fist making a loud thud as it met the table’s surface. You flinched, raising a brow at him. “What… is it?”

He bit his lip, turning crimson. “Theysseusup.”

“What?”

“They… set us up.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.”

You lowered your head, as if reading the situation. The restaurant looked posh, and your table was on the far edge of the room, where only few people ate. That was when the awkward meter turned red. Looking aound you, the resto was occupied mostly by... couples.

“I… What… Do we do?”

“Should we go home?” Myungsoo asked, though inside him he wanted to go on with the dinner. You shook your head, reluctant. “But… we’re already here.”

“Are you suggesting that we just eat here together?” He smirked, his brow raising arrogantly. Before you could reply, he continued. “Do you want to eat with me, Park Eunhae?”

“No.” You snapped, hiding your face. Myungsoo chuckled, clucking his tongue afterwards. “Just admit it.”

“I have nothing to admit, jerk!”

“Just do it.”

“Just order, I'm famished!” You blurted out, annoyed. He stopped laughing and looked at you, his head tilting to the side. He his chin, his eyes glued on your face.

Suddenly you felt conscious. Never before did you feel that way, because you didn’t care what people thought of you appearance. But as of that very moment, you wanted to know badly if there was dirt on you face, or if your lips were chaffed again, or if you look pale, or whatever. Myungsoo was melting you with his stare.

“W…What are… you doing?”

He blinked a couple of times, pursing his lips. “Nothing.” He flashed you a crooked smile, and your stomach did that somersault thing again. *Pabo, focus, Park Eunhae!*

 

He shoved the fruit cake on you direction, making a face. “Why won’t you eat it?”

You shuddered, the sight, and the smell of the cake bothering you. No, it disgusted you to death. “I don’t want to.”

He snickered, and pulled the plate to him. “Good then, more for me.”

You whined like a child. “Can you order cheesecake instead?”

“No. I already ordered, and you won’t eat it. Deal with it.”

“Hey! You didn’t even ask me!” You crossed your arms, huffing. Myungsoo hid his amused smile and maintained a straight face. “I don’t have to.”

“Why are you acting like I should just go on with your decisions?!”

He smirked. “Because you have to.”

“Ya!”

A few moments later, you sighed dramatically, lightly letting your head fall down the table. Myungsoo closed his eyes for a brief moment, suppressing a laugh.

You banged your head on the table lightly, muttering incoherent words.

“You’re going to break your skull like that.” He snickered. You looked up, pouting. “For once, can we not bicker?”

“You getting tired with it?” He raised a brow, amused.

You shook your head. “Nah, it’s… you know. Aren’t you curious what it would be like if we are calm.” You stared at him, who seemed not to process a single word you said. “Okay, I just… just saying. Forget about it.”

Myungsoo’s lips slowly tugged into a smile. “You mean, us being cool?”

You looked away, hiding your flushed face.

“Eunhae, this is us.” He started. “We’re not Myungsoo and Eunhae if we don’t bicker, right?” He grinned. You stared at him, your eyes squinting. “Myungsoo and Eunhae?”

Myungsoo realized his mistake, and lowered his head to hide his face distorted due to embarrassment. He inwardly tortured himself. *How dumber can you get?! Aish!*

“What I meant was….” He started.

You eventually smiled, clasping your hands together. “Oh my gosh, that sounded like a tv show of some sort. Myungsoo and Eunhae!” You laughed, until no sound came out of your mouth. You clapped and laughed there like a retatrded seal.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. “Yeah, like Tom and Jerry.”

“Exactly!” You grinned.

Myungsoo feigned amusement, yet inside he was caught in a pang of disappointment. “I didn’t mean it that way though..” He muttered, low enough for only him to hear.

 

After the meal, Myungsoo called for the bill.

You drummed your fingers on the table, bored. He waited there for the bill, playing with his phone. “About what I said days ago…”

You looked up. “Hmmm?”

“That… That…”

“Oh.” Your voic faltered, recognizing what he meant. What he said…

Myungsoo inhaled, exhaled, letting himself calm down. “I’m… Ah, just nevermind.” He lightly bopped his head. “I’m tired. Yeah, tired.”

You nodded. “Yeah, Myung. Me too.”

“I didn’t ask.” He arrogantly spat out.

You rolled your eyes. “And here goes you arrogance.”

 

The waiter, in his elegance, smiled at the both of you. Myungsoo raised his brows. “I think you forgot the bill?” He asked.

The waiter’s smile widened. “No need, sir.”

“What? Why?” This time it was you who asked.

Myungsoo shared the same confusion.

“The gentleman over there say that you two look cute together. He paid for everything.” He nodded to another direction, and both Myungsoo and your eyes rounded.

You scanned the faces of each person in the resto, yet there was no one you recognized. Myungsoo did the same, and he failed too.

“What the hell?” He muttered.

Your brows arched, lips pursed.

“Oh, he says hi to to you too, Miss. He says you haven’t changed.” The waiter added. Myungsoo’s lips parted, but no words came out. He was flabbergasted.

You looked up, and scanned with your eyes once again. There in the other corner of the resto, was a pair of eyes staring back at you.

The man’s lips tugged into a sly smile, as he nodded.

A gasp escaped your lips.

The man raised a brow, and winked.

 

 

 

_________________________________________
Really really really sorry for late updates.

I have so many things to attend to, and yes, they all involve school.

Sheesh, I'm graduating, and I need to comply to everything.

Hehehe, still, thank you guys! For waiting and subbing!

lovelots.