Guilty

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

Sungyeol looked at his friend. “Are you sick?”

Myungsoo didn’t move. He was intently looking at nothing. “Yeol… Can I ask you something?” He bit his lower lip, uncertain. Infinite’s ears perked up. Myungsoo rarely gets curious. More so, he rarely asks questions.

“I mean…uhh… if something happened between two people… like a small quibble, and… you weren’t there. Who would you side on?” Myungsoo’s eyes were expectant as he looked at Sungyeol for an answer.

Sungyeol his chin in deep thought.

Dongwoo shrugged as he placed his frappe down. “You should hear both sides.” He nonchalantly said. Myungsoo’s brows furrowed. “You won’t believe… who you know more?”

Sunggyu clucked his tongue. “Even if you know the other person more… You don’t really know what happened, right?”

Myungsoo nodded innocently.

“What exactly happened, hyung?” Sungjong asked, in behalf of his curious friends. Myungsoo shook his head and smiled slightly. “Nothing.”

Infinite looked at him weirdly. “Did… you just smile at us?” Hoya gasped.

Woohyun clapped. “Myungsoo smiled at us, wow!”

Sungyeol chuckled. *This guy… changing.*

 

 

“Okay Yeollie Oppa, I’ll be there.” You chirped on your phone before ending the call. Your last morning class just ended, and you stomach grumbled for a sumptuous meal.

“Hey!” L.joe stopped running in front of you and exhaled heavily. “I thought I’d lose you.”

You giggled. “What? Why?”

Ljoe scratched the nape of his neck as he smiled shyly. “Lunch?” He blurted, turning to a light shade of crimson. Your bit your lower lip.

“As much as I’d like to… I need to meet my cousins.” You lowered your head, apologetic. L.joe nodded in understanding, but disappointment was evident on his face. You suddenly brightened up. “How about tomorrow, Byungie?”

He grinned. “Sure, sure. I’ll pick you up in your last class.”

“Okay. I need to go. Bye~”

“Bye, Eunhae.” He smiled, the weird feeling inside him wildly running.

 

 

Seohyun waved cheerfully as you entered the resto. Chanyeol was sitting beside her, engrossed in the menu.

“Eonni~” You chirped, attacking her with a hug. She chuckled and offered you a seat. “So, how’s our cousin doing?”

Chanyeol laughed mockingly. “She’s having housemate problems.”

Seohyun shot him a look to silence him. “I didn’t ask you, Yeol.”

“I’m fine. Just… my housemate is arrogant as always.”

Seohyun nodded. “As much as I want to let you live with me, I can’t.” She pouted, drumming her fingers on the table. You smiled and socked her shoulder. “It’s fine. I like my place. I just don’t like my housemate and his… friend.”

“After all those weeks you still hate each other?” Seohyun chuckled in amusement. Even Chanyeol snickered.

You nodded. “Just when I thought we were actually becoming friends… he ruins it all.”

 

“And he’s here.” Chanyeol smirked.

Seohyun looked at him weirdly. You looked up from your menu folder, only to see Myungsoo standing before you.

He looked around uneasily before he finally locked gazes with you. “Uh, hey.”

Chanyeol and Seohyun giggled like crazy on their seats.

“What are YOU doing here?” You scoffed, rolling your eyes. The sight of him makes your blood boil even more. Myungsoo sighed. “Stop being a brat and listen, ara?”

“A brat? You arr—“

“Uhm, can I excuse her for a moment?” Myungsoo politely asked your cousins. They just nodded, suppressing their amusement. Next thing you know, Myungsoo already had his hand on your wrist, dragging you out.

Shrieks escaped your lips, but Myungsoo still did what he wanted to. Finally, he stopped on a small playground just outside the resto.

“What is your problem?!” You seethed.

Myungsoo sighed and looked down. “Look, I, Kim Myungsoo, never gets guilty.” He started. You just had to snicker at that. “Do I have to stand here and listen to your arrogance?”

“I’m not done!” He exclaimed as he flung his arms up. “Can you let me finish?”

You hesitantly nodded.

“I was wrong not to… listen.”

Your eyes glistened with hope. “You… believe me?”

“I don’t know. I wasn’t there, Eunhae.”

Your nose flared at what you heard. “You know what? I don’t need your apology. I don’t even care anymore.”

Myungsoo felt heavy with your words. He raked his hair with a frustrated sigh. “Why are you so worked up with me? I don’t even know why!”

“Know why?” You repeated, almost spitting the words out. “Do you even acknowledge me as someone who lives at the same house as you? As your housemate?”

He stopped for a moment to look at your eyes intently. “What are you—“

“The point is, I decide in that house too.” You held your hand up and cut him off.

Myungsoo looked up in realization.

His lips parted, getting the point. “Harang is going to be—“

“I don’t care about how she is, Myungsoo. The fact is, I also live there. At least acknowledge that before making any decisions. I would’ve been fine with Harang living there, but I’m not fine with you just deciding. Give me some respect, jerk.”

Myungsoo didn’t know what to say; he was stunned.

“And to tell you the truth, I don’t like living there. Remember, I was forced to live there. So Mister Arrogant, acknowledge that fact. You agreed for us to be housemates, right?”

Myungsoo’s lips quivered. “Y..Ye—“

“That means you agreed for me to have rights in that house too.”

With that you left him alone and dumbfounded.

 

“Did it go well?” Seohyun giggled as you took your seat. Chanyeol was looking at you expectantly. “No. I vented out all my anger.”

“Oh no…” Chanyeol gasped. “We all know how you explode…”

Seohyun clucked her tongue. “But he apologized, right?”

“Can we not talk about that jerk? I’m hungry.”

The two knew you very well. At that point of time, they gave you the silence you yearned to think about stuff.

*At least I said what I wanted to say. Whatever, why am I so bothered with him? I should relax, calm down. He’s not even worth getting pissed. He doesn’t even… gah. Stop, I should just stop thinking.*

 

However, Myungsoo didn’t have the courage to stop thinking.

He was alone in his car, his grip on the wheel tight.

“It never occurred to me…” He whispered to himself, his brows furrowed.

He was thinking deeply, and something inside him was eating him whole.

 Guilt?

*I never feel guilty. Is this guilt? Was I wrong? Should I apologize?* He lightly hit his head, wishing all the thoughts would just fall into place.

“Why am I even feeling these things? I’m supposed to be emotionless, right?” He muttered, looking at his reflection at the mirror. Confusion ruled over his whole being as of the moment, and he couldn’t really pinpoint what confuses him.

 

 

______________________