Fair and Square

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

 

In the middle of the meal, Lay’s phone buzzed. He abruptly excused himself and took the call. You just nodded, still indulged in your plates of dessert. A smile crept up your face everytime you would take a spoonful of sugary goodness.

When he came back, he had a worried face. “My father needs me in his office right now. Mind if we go now?”

You pouted, eyes looking gloomily at the plates in front of you. “My sweets…”

Lay stood there, scratching his head. “Hmmm.” He thought for a while. You jolted up, a spoon on your lips. “Just go ahead, Oppa. I’m fine here.”

“You… sure? It’s getting dark.”

You grinned at him. “I’ll just take a cab. Go to your Dad, that seems urgent.”

He hesitated for a while. “Hae, I can’t just—“

“Just go. Go away~ Shoo~” You playfully waved him dismissively. His lip twitched as he ruffled your hair. “I’ll contact Yeol, ara? Stay safe.”

“Gosh, I’m an adult! Just go!” You rolled your eyes. He laughed and waved you goodbye. He made a call sign with his hand as he walked away. “Call me.” He mouthed.

 

Satisfied with the food, a smile was lingering on your lips as you left the resto. You looked around for interesting things to do, but it seemed like you’re body’s already protesting. Your calves throbbed with exhaustion. “Geez.” You muttered, finding your way to the exit.

Just your luck, it was raining heavily. The line for cabs was longer than you can ever imagine. Leaning on the wall, a sigh escaped your lips. The shopping bags on your hand were starting to feel like a thousand tons.

When you snatched your phone to call Yeol, it was already dead. Letting out a groan, you stomped your foot as you placed your useless phone back in your bag. “Just my luck.” You seethed, looking at the raindrops hitting the floor randomly.

 

At the same moment, Infinite walked out COEX. Woohyun stopped walking when he spotted you there. “The cute one!” He pumped his fist, eyeing you. The boys turned to look at you.

“What are you planning, you greasy guy?” Dongwoo asked. Woohyun had a sly smile on his face. “Of course. First, we should be friends! That's step one of Woohyun's 'How to get a girl' guide.”

Hoya chuckled at Woohyun. “What? You’re going to use your good old tricks on her?”

Woohyun whistled. “Just see for yourselves, boys! Watch and learn from the almighty.”

 

He strutted towards you with his good boy smile plastered on his face. “Hey!”

You looked at him with your brows furrowed. Being polite, you tried your best to smile despite the bad mood. “Can I help you?”

Woohyun placed his hands on his pockets as  he looked at the shopping bags in your hand. “I’m Woohyun. We go to the same University…”

Your lips formed an ‘o’ with what he said. “Ah… is that so…”

He grinned, examining your face. “I can see that you’re having a hard time with those?” His eyes landed at the bags. You sheepily chuckled as you adjusted the bags on your hand. “Well…”

“Here, let me.” He took the bags from your hand and smiled. “Thank you.” You muttered. He returned the smile, looking at your eyes.

 

The rest of infinite shook their heads. “He’s acting all polite on her. Gross.” Sunggyu snickered. Myungsoo looked away. “What did he see on her, anyway?”

They turned to look at their weird friend. “But she’s pretty!” Sungjong protested. Sunggyu nodded. “She’s a keeper, I say.

Hoya looked at Myungsoo weirdly. “You really have no taste.”

Sungyeol was just standing there, deep in thought.

“Let’s go there.” Sunggyu started, as the rest of the boys followed, Myungsoo on the last. He hated his friends for even acknowledging you.

 

“Oh, here comes my friends!” Woohyun sang. You looked behind him and saw six tall guys. They were… well exceptionally good looking.

“Guys, this is Eunhae.” Woohyun grinned. You bowed politely. The guys did the same. “Hi, we’re infinite!” Sungjong danced to your side. You giggled at his cuteness.

*So… they’re Infinite.* You thought.

“I’m Sunngyu, the leader.”

“Howon, but you can call me Hoya.”

“Sungjong, the maknae~”

“Sungyeol. Hello Eunhae-sshi.”

“Dongwoo! Hey Eunhae!”

You looked at them and smiled. But then there was still one guy lurking at the back. He revealed himself and you immediately wanted to gag.

“Myungsoo.” He smirked. You looked away from him and diverted you eyes to the others.

“Uh… Hello.” You shyly smiled. Woohyun bounced happily. “Yu’re my friend now, right Eunhae?”

You looked at him, baffled. “Err… I guess.”

He automatically looked at the guys and stuck his tongue out. “See? I’m her friend!” He teased. The others just rolled their eyes at him.

“So, Eunhae-sshi. Are you waiting for a cab?”

You glumly nodded. “I was about to call my cousin… But my phone died.”

Woohyun excitedly beamed. “I can drive you home!”

Your eyes widened, and so did Myungsoo’s. He shot you a look.

“Uhm, no need, Woohyun-sshi.”

Woohyun pouted. “But you can never hail a cab at this time.”Dongwoo nodded. “Yeah, you’ll have a hard time waiting here. Don't worry, we're good guys.”

Myungsoo bit his lip. He didn’t want the guys to know he was living with a girl. Worse, the girl is you. He slaughtered his brain for an idea. You stood there, also thinking of something. “Um, my house is a little far from here.”

“It’s fine! Woohyun hyung likes driving!” Sungjong clapped.

You smiled hesitantly, while shooting Myungsoo troubled glances.

“Where do you live, anyway?” Hoya sked. You smiled, your lip twitching. “..Seocheo-gu..”

Myungsoo was drowning on his place. He couldn’t think of anything.

“Ah! Myungsoo lives there too!” Sungyeol spoke.

 

 

 Myungsoo woke up from his own daze and shrugged. “Uh… Let her… ride with me then.” He stuttered. The boys looked at him as if he’s crazy. “You sure?” They asked. Myungsoo never lets anyone just ride with him.

He nodded and looked away. “Then go now, it’s getting late!” Sunggyu pushed Myungsoo and smiled to you, signaling you to go with him. You waved them goodbye and trailed behind Myungsoo.

“They don’t know?” You asked. He shot you a glare and continued walking. “Obviously, no. Get in, go.” He ordered, as he himself hurriedly slipped in his car.

“Why didn’t you tell them you have a housemate?”

He stopped fiddling with the keys and looked at you intently. There goes his fiery eyes again.

“Because you living with me is a disgrace.” With that he fished the right key and started the engine. You leaned back on your seat, the shopping bags on your lap. “Do you know what you’re fangirls are doing to me, anyway?”

He didn’t reply. You fumed on your seat. “Ya, Kim Myungsoo!”

He grunted. “Why would I care?”

“Because you put me in that situation, you moron! Those desperate girls want to kill me!”

“Then let them.” He arrogantly replied and turned up the volume to his speakers before you could retort back. You sighed on your seat and just looked at the passing view. Your blood was boiling big time.

 

Days passed and you lived a life of hatred towards Myungsoo. As if the balls were the same, he shared the same hatred for you. Both of you glared at each other at times, and that glaring contest didn’t end until someone would notice. He would tease you at school with his own little ways, and you would again stress about it. L.joe’s been your occasional-talk buddy during first period, and you were his alarm clock whenever the bell rings. Yup, he’s still a sleeper.

At times, you would meet Jaehee at the dance club, chatting with her like you've been long friends. Chanyeol would sometimes pick you up, or Lay, or Seohyun, and you would have time to look around Seoul. In other words, you were slowly adjusting. Getting used to the new life.

 

One morning, you jolted up from your bed thinking that you were late. Then it hit you, it’s a Saturday and you’re free!

A smile tugged on your lips as you thought of different things to do. “Maybe I could invite Chanyeol Oppa over! And Seouhyun Unnie too! And Lay Oppa!” You giggled and hopped in the shower. While showering, you were belting out high notes from your favorite ballad singers.

“And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love youuuuuuuu~ ooooh~”

Just then, someone banged on the bathroom door.

“You brat! Lower your voice! You woke me up, for goodness sake!” Myungsoo complained. You chuckled a bit as you realized your mistake. “Sorry, douche!” You hollered, hoping that he heard.

Myungsoo heard it pretty well.

He rolled his eyes and jumped on the couch, lazily yawning. He was still getting used to the fact that he’s already living with someone, now that he woke up with someone screeching on the bathroom. *Annoying!* He messed his hair and buried his face on the pillow.

If you’re dying because of Myungsoo’s arrogant act, well he’s dying with the fact that you exist. It’s somehow a fair and square hatred.

 

 

“Oppppppppppppppppppppppaaaaaaaaa!” You shrieked, seeing Chanyeol outside. He was looking at his shoes when you opened the main door, and he jolted up when you shrieked. He clutched on his dear heart as he looked at you.

“Can you at least let me know when you do that?” He panted.

Your head titled to the side. “Do what?”

He rolled his eyes. “You clueless little one. So… you alone here?” He strolled casually inside and looked around. You sighed. “Unfortunately, no. Myungsoo’s upstairs.”

“Myungsoo? So that’s his name. You’ve been calling him arrogant douche ever since.” He chuckled and plopped on the couch.

You giggled, getting some drinks on the fridge. Now that you live in the house, the fridge has been stocked. Myungsoo seemed no to care, when deep inside it was a big help having a girl around the house. The mess had been cleaned, and food’s always there.

“Well, where’s Unnie? And Lay Oppa?” You asked.

He looked up from his drink. “Seohyun’s out with some friends and Lay’s practicing in his studio.”

You nodded nonchalantly, biting your lip. “I’m bored, Yeollie Oppa. What should we do today?”

“How about spend the day with Myungsoo?” He chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows. You pretended to gag at the mention of the name. “That’s absurd.”

Chanyeol shook his head and muttered. “You’re like cat and dog, seriously.”

You just shrugged. “That’s because he’s a douche.”

 

“And you’re a brat.” Myungsoo responded, going downstairs. He was drying his jet black hair with a towel, and he was glaring at you. You stuck your tongue out at him and looked at Chanyeol instead. “See? Totally a douche.” You whispered.

“I heard that you ahjumma!” He hollered from the kitchen. Chanyeol burst out in a guffaw, seeing your reaction. You buried your face in the pillow, again mood ruined by Myungsoo.

 

After chit-chatting with Chanyeol for a while, he needed to go.

“Sorry, Hae. Imma make it up to you. Need to finish this project.” He hurriedly kissed your forehead and scrambled outside. You stayed there on the couch, pouting.

You looked around the house for something to do. Then you spotted the game consoles in front of you. A sly smile tugged on your lips as you dove for the carpeted floor and switched everything on. Later on, you were already abusing the poor game controller as you killed the opponent.

“Take, that, you douche!” You cheered, knocking out the opponent.

A howl escaped your lips.

 

Myungsoo was trying to read his mathematics assignment when he heard your endless screams and howls. Irritated, he stood up from his seat and trudged downstairs.

“Ya!” He shrieked. You stayed on your seat ad continued playing, completely ignoring his presence. “Park Eunhae!” He shrieked again, and now you paused the game to look at him.

“That’s my Play Station…” He muttered, eyeing you and the wires. You grinned, blinking innocently at him. “I was bored…” You explained. He snickered and took the seat beside you, snatching another controller.

“Prepare to witness the pro-skills of Kim Myungsoo.” He smirked.

You were a bit stunned, but regained yourself and was on competitive mood. “I’ll kill you!” You clapped, rubbing your hands together before picking a player.

For the next hour both of you slaughtered each other virtually. If ever someone heard the both of you, they would think you were really killing each other for real.

“Damn you, you moron!” You shrieked, close to dying.

You harshly pressed random buttons as Myungsoo just sat there, relaxed. “In five, four, three, two…. And…. Boom.”

KNOCK OUT!

You frowned, looking at your dead player. Frustrated as hell, you threw the controller away. “I don’t want to play anymore.” You huffed and gulped down a bottle of water. Myungsoo was laughing evilly on his seat. “You’re so easy to kill, you know that?”

Your lip twitched as you watched him rejoice.

“Now.” He started, composing himself. “You have to do my math homework!” He grinned. You looked at him as if he was crazy. “No way!” You protested, throwing him a pillow. He swiftly caught it with his hand. “You lost, now do ittttttttt.” He teased, sticking his tongue out.

“What if I don’t want to?” You crossed you arms, brow raised.

Myungsoo shrugged. “Then I’ll have to do worse things to you in school….”

“I’m… I’m… not afraid!”

He eyed you mockingly. “If that’s what you want.” He stood up and walked slowly upstairs.

You looked at him, thinking of his fangirls flocking you again. Or worse, people could talk about you. You don’t want your image to be ruined. Myungsoo could do anything he wants, just because of his power in school. And you couldn't deny that too.

“O…Okay, I’ll do it!” You cried.

Myungsoo his heel with a sly smile on his face. “It’s on my desk.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

 

 

_________________________________________

Hey Hey Hey :>