Comfortable

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

Narrator

 

L.joe smiled as you got in your class.

Your grip on your bag tightened, forcing yourself to be normal around him.

“Hey.” He greeted, smiling cheekily.

Involuntarily, a smile tugged on your lips too. “Hey Byungie.”

People flocked the room, throwing you suspicious looks. You would flinch from time to time, uncomfortable with the sudden attention. Even whole throughout the class, every move you make was something to be watched. L.joe’s fangirls were murdering you mentally. And unfortunate for you, there was nothing to at least heal thedamage.

When the bell rang, you stood up, head lowered down. L.joe glared at the girls, sensing your discomfort. He hated it that you were uncomfortable, not because of something in nature, but because of the people.

Worse, he was the reason.

 “Let’s go.” He whispered, slipping his hands in your. Your eyes widened, L.joe dragging you out. It was a new eerie feeling having his fingers interlaced with yours.

He slowly let go as both of you stopped in front of the usual bench.

“I’m sorry you had to go through people like them.”  He mumbled. You nodded hesitantly, slowly retrieving your hand. “It’s… okay, Byungie. Don’t worry.”

“Do you want to eat out?” He brightened up.

 

Infinite walked out of their classes. Myungsoo, same building as Woohyun, walked towards the campus gates in his arrogant façade.

“That Lee Byunghyun is lucky.” Woohyun snickered. Myungsoo looked up at him. “They’re not together, Hyun.”

Woohyun grinned. “Really?!”

“But he’s courting her. I think.” Myungsoo shrugged nonchalantly. Woohyun jumped up and down. “Whatever! As long as they’re not yet dating!”

“Why? You gonna court her?” Myungsoo eyed him intensely. Woohyun smiled sheepishly, shoving his finger to Myungsoo’s chest. “No! You’re going to court her!”

Those words made Myungsoo stare back at him with wide eyes. “What?”

“You two look good together. I ship you both.”

Myungsoo chuckled bitterly. “You’re insane.”

“Then all of us in Infinite are insane too? Because actually, we all ship you both.” Woohyun grinned enthusiastically, clasping his hands together. “MyungHae!”

Myungsoo looked away. “I… I don’t like her. She’s ugly.”

“Yeah right. Say what you want to say.”  Woohyun stuck his tongue out.

 

He looked away immediately, avoiding Woohyun’s endless rants. Again he was lost in his own thoughts, when he spotted you.

A smirk came to his lips.

“Hey Eu—“ He hollered, but was cut off when he saw the person with you. He coughed, trying to hide what he was about to do. Luckily Woohyun was caught up talking with some girls.

His brow rose when he saw L.joe cheerfully take your hand, pulling you to the exit. You were unreadable, following him. Myungsoo was confused, but it was undeniable that he was also bothered.

*That L.joe guy must like her so much.* He sighed, prying his eyes away from your direction. “Good for her then.” He spat out, acting uninterested.

“Hey Myung!” Woohyun pranced back to his friend, wearing a lopsided grin. “Where should we eat today?” He grinned, rubbing his palms together.

Myungsoo shot him a grave look. “Shut up.” He muttered and walked away, the people on his path immediately making way.

Woohyun looked at his back questioningly. “What happened to his mood?”

 

 

L.joe had a smile plastered on his face as he pulled you with him. Even though people were looking, it made him feel different. He felt proud.

“Where are we going?”

He flashed you one of his crooked smiles and winked. “There’s this bakery down the road. I know you’ll love it there.”

You nodded, biting your poor lower lip again. L.joe was different, and his actions made you want to slap yourself. Emotions were mixing. Sometimes your heart hammered; sometimes… it was just as ease.

But when he smiles, that’s another page of the book.

*What is he doing?* You inwardly sighed, helpless.

 

Yura lounged on the couch, t her nails. A phone was wedged between her cheek and shoulder.

“Yes, yes.” She murmured, her eyes glued to her polished nails. The person on the other line continued speaking. She mindlessly nodded to every word.

Then, she gently got the phone with her hand, holding it for better audible sound. Her eyes showed a glint of happiness as a smirk plastered on her lips. “Yeah, I got it.”

She was on slyly smiling to herself when she ended the call. She just discovered something, and she's dying to do something. Something she needs to do. Something she enjoys doing.

 

The day was exhausting yet fulfilling.

To sum it all up, it was a day with Lee Byunghyun. Getting to know him better, hanging out, talking and just blabbering. It was fun to know that you were comfortable around him, but some things in your mind remained clammed up.

Like his confession, and how you would respond.

You desperately needed someone for some light shedding, but there was no other option. Some other guy was on the room across yours, and a thought came to your head.

 

“Myungsoo?” You squeaked, peeking from his door. He looked up from some book he was burying his nose in, his eyes bored. “What?” He snapped.

A sigh escaped your lips. Myungsoo will forever be Myungsoo. Jerk and arrogant. But still, it wouldn’t hurt to talk, right?

“Hello.” You mumbled, entering the room and closing the door behind you.

He raised a brow, snickering. “You feel so comfortable around me, that it feels weird already.”

“Is that a bad thing?” You asked, sitting on his couch while playing with his gadgets. He shrugged. “Just… weird. What do you want, anyway?”

The tinkling sound from the small toys on his couch caught you. “Waaa~ How cool~”

He eyed you pointedly. “Eunhae.”

“Huh?” You looked up.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “What do you need?”

You smiled cheekily. “I was bored, so I decided to bug you here.”

“I knew it.” He grunted. “Go to your L.joe Oppa then.” He whispered, lips twitching. However you caught his words. “I’m not dating L.joe, okay? And he’s not my Oppa. I told you that.”

“Whatever.” He scoffed and plodded to the seat beside you.

 

“So douche… can I… ask you something?” You murmured, not sparing him a glance.

Myungsoo shrugged. “Shoot away.”

“Well, I’m bothered with L.joe… you know. He… confessed and I don’t know what to do.”

Myungsoo tensed on his seat.

*Why is she telling me this?*

He swallowed his spit, looking at nothing in particular. “W…why are you asking me?”

“Well, you said it. I feel comfortable.”

He smirked for some unknown reason. “Well, as a guy… dump him.”

“What?!” You jerked you head to his direction, eyes wide.

Myungsoo looked you way immediately. “What?” He repeated.

“Why should I? I mean… I haven’t…”

“Because you clearly don’t know what to do. Easy solution, dump him.” He chuckled, enjoying his own advice. You snorted at him. “You’re really insane.”

“I’m helping you. You asked, I answered.” He retorted.

“I can’t, you know.”

“Why?” He screeched.

You bit your lip, fiddling with your shirt. “Because… it’s unfair to respond without even giving him the chance to express himself, right?”

“The world is unfair. Deal with it. Besides, if you don’t like the guy, why prolong his agony?”

You thought for a while. “I don’t know… he's nice and... gah!”

Myungsoo’s head snapped up, looking at you. He was also bothered why this topic made him feel something inside him burn. “… You. Don’t… tell me… you like him?”

“What? No—Why?”

“Because you’re hesitating.”

“That’s because I don’t want to hurt him!”

“Do you like him?”

“N…no.”

“The truth? Then why can’t you just dump him if you really don’t have feelings?”

“Because I want to give him a chance.” You quickly replied. “He’s a good guy. A great friend.”

Myungsoo quickly stood up and looked away. He exhaled, feeling the burning feeling inside him getting worse. His forehead creased, his jaw clenched.

“Get out, Eunhae. I’m sleeping.” He seethed, hiding his composure.

You pouted, walking away. “Hmmm. Goodnight then, Myungsoo!”

“Just get out.”

“Why are you—“

“Out.”

“B..bu-“

“Now.”

You harrumphed and quickly got out, slamming the door behind you. Myungsoo sighed exasperatedly as he sat on the edge on his bed. He raked his hair, taking in deep breaths.

He was again on a battle. A battle he couldn’t figure out.

His insides were churning, his heart was hammering. He was worked up, and he was clueless as to why.

“Why won’t she just…” He mumbled. “Why am I even bothered? Darn it!” He hissed, now laying flat on the floor. The vast ceiling stared back at him, engulfing his thoughts, floating him to slumber.

 

 

___________________________________________________________