Different

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

 

The students stood up quickly as the bell rang. They slowly emptied the classroom. Ljoe, who was sleeping all throughout the class, was still snoring lightly.

You chuckled lightly and poked him with your pen. He squirmed for a while and his lids fluttered open. “What now?” He muttered, annoyed. You rolled your eyes at him. “It’s time.”

He grinned, seeing the time. As he stood up, he stretched his arms wide and let out a yawn. “Finally!’ He grinned. You just smiled at him.

He was a good guy, you know those types. Someone you could just talk to or not talk to. Either the two, he was not a problem. Unlike your housemate.

“Ya Byung!” Chunji hopped inside the room and slung an arm around his friend. His eyes landed at you. “Hey, you have a new friend here~” He whistled.

You shook your head and smiled at the two before going out. But Chunji called you. “Wait up!” He jogged to your place and grinned. “I’m Chunji.” He extended his hand. You reluctantly took it and smiled. “Uhm, Hello.”

“So…? Your name?”

“She’s Eunhae. Don’t bother her, Ji. Let’s eat.” L.joe casually leaned on the doorframe while waiting for his friend. Chunji frowned at him. “Mind your own business L.joe! I’m trying to be friendly here~”

You giggled at him. “I’m Eunhae.”

Chunji was satisfied. He slung an arm around your shoulder. “Want to eat with us, Eunhae?” He slurred, winking.

L.joe was a bit alarmed with Chunji’s actions. You uncomfortably squirmed out his arm and smiled politely. “No thanks. Enjoy your lunch, Chunji-sshi. Bye sleeping dude!” You grinned and walked away.

Chunji blinked innocently at his friend. “Did you see that?”

L.joe coolly walked out. “See what? He echoed. Chunji scrunched his nose. “She didn’t fall for my charms.” He looked up, trying to figure out why you just left like that. He was trying to use his trick on you. His trick on girls that always works.

Ljoe smiled inwardly. “I don’t know. She’s… different, perhaps?”

 

You strolled out the building and looked around. The weather was nice and the students seemed to enjoy it. Again, you spotted the same bench under the tree. With nothing else to do, you skipped towards it and sat there comfortably.

Good enough, you brought some snacks. You pulled out your banana milk and Peppero, munching there like a little child.

 

Infinite planned on eating out again. They walked out their buildings, as usual followed by swarms of girls. Woohyun walked out with Myungsoo as they talked about random topics.

“Oh look! She’s that girl on the café. The cute one.” Woohyun pointed you with his lips. Myungsoo looked at you and he chuckled. “What’s cute in her? She looks like some other girl to me.” He muttered. Woohyun rolled his eyes at his friend. “You just don’t have taste, Myung.”

You saw Myungsoo’s figure pass by and it was a reflex for you to glare at him. Even the way he walks annoys the hell out of you. His whole being is just annoying.

There you were, enjoying sweets when his fangirls flocked over you.

“Ya! Who are you?!” One of the girls spat out. You looked at her, a peppero stick sticking out your lip. “Why?” You mumbled, chewing. She glared at you, unsatisfied.

One who was crossing her arms looked at you with fire in her eyes. “Don’t you dare feel the moment. Just because Myungsoo Oppa winked at you—“

“Look, I’m not interested in your Myungsoo Oppa, so just go.”

They gave you one last glare before walking off, their butts swaying as they walked. You blew a raspberry as you were alone again. “Desperate girls.”

 

Myungsoo’s lips twitched as he saw you shoo the girls away. He was quite impressed. “Tough, huh.” He commented.

Woohyun looked at him weirdly. “Why are you checking out the cute girl? I thought you don’t see anything in her?” He looked at his friend quizzically as they both waited for the others. Myungsoo pried his eyes away from you. “She looks awful in every angle.” He spat out before turning his attention to some other things.

 

“Gah!” You exclaimed, spreading your arms up. You just finished your last class and it felt somehow… refreshing. All your mind could think about was food, relaxation and stuff.

*I can check out the malls here! Ever since I arrived I’ve been receiveing too much stress.* You exhaled, looking at the time. It was still 6pm. Determined, you bounced outside the room with your bag slung around your shoulder.

A few minutes later, you were already slumping just outside the campus gates. Chanyeol couldn’t accompany you, and so did Seohyun. They were both busy with their own life whatsoever. You looked at your phone blankly, and a person came up your mind.

“Lay Oppa!” You beamed. He chuckled at the other line. “Hey Hae. What’s up?”

You smiled slyly. “Well, fine. So-so. Are you… busy?”

“Not really. You up for something?”

You giggled, overjoyed. “Yup! Let’s go shopping! Please!”

 

You hopped inside COEX, your arm clinging o n to Lay’s. Maybe it’s just in you… you’re too hype and happy. Lay just chuckled as you ran here and there, checking out everything.

“Look at this cute little thing~” You cooed, turning around with a new dress you just fitted. Lay raised a brow. “Don’t you think it’s too… short? Chanyeol will kill you.” He laughed. You just snorted. “Whatever, I’m buying it anyway.”

 

An hour later, you were seated in a cushioned chair, with Lay across you. He was playing with his phone, and you were checking out the things that you bought.

The waitress arrived after with a tray of the food you ordered. Famished, your eyes glistened. Lay rolled his eyes at your silly face.

“You look weird Hae. Wipe that face off.” He chuckled. You sneered. “I’m starving, and I don’t really care.”

With that Lay just shook his head while you ambushed your plate. Truth be told, you were still a child at heart. And maybe a pig with food.

 

“Hyung, can we please pass by the clothes section? Pretty please.” Sungjong looked at his hyungs with batting lashes. They all ignored his attempt and proceeded to the row of restaurants.

Sungyeol whistled as he skipped beside Myungsoo. “I heard you winked at a girl in school?” He cooed. Myungsoo groaned. “News spreads that fast, huh? Let me guess? Fangirls?”

Sungyeol chuckled. “Of course.”

Myungsoo remained silent as they walked, that it irked Sungyeol. “So… who’s the girl?”

His friend just looked at him with a blank face. “Just someone. Why do you care?”

Sungyeol snickered at his friend. “It’s big issue. She’s the first girl you basically interacted with in school. You always had that ice prince image you know.”

Myungsoo let out a sigh. “She’s no one, really.” With that he fastened his pace and left Sungyeol dumbfounded.

 

Sungyeol stood there, his chin. 

“He’s acting strange. Is he... hiding something?”