Flashy

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

You yawned, stretching your arms in the process.

The sunlight radiated pleasantly, entering through the curtain slits.

“Good Morning world.” A smile tugged on your lips, a sign of a good start for the day. Your phone vibrated on your bedside, and with enthusiasm, you quickly answered.

A squeal escaped your lips as a greeting. Yoochun chuckled at the other line. “You miss me that much?” He asked, mocking. You nodded, as if he could see you. “Life is different without a brother, you know. I shop alone.”

“You just need me to carry your shopping bags.” He snorted, which made you grin. Truth be told, your brother owns a big part of your heart. And after weeks in Seoul, you were already missing him, so much.

“When are you going to visit me here?” You chirped, expectant.

Yoochun ‘hmmed’ on the other line. “Let me see my schedule~~”

“Oppa!” You retorted.

He laughed heartily. “Soon.”

Your brows furrowed with what you heard. “And when is that ‘soon’, Mister?”

“Just wait, ara? You’re so impatient, sheesh.” He sneered. His expressions just triggered more emotions to you, missing him more. “Hmmkay… Just soon, okay Oppa? I don’t want to wait long you know…”

He smiled to himself. “Yes, saeng. Soon. And one more thing.”

“Hmm?”

“Whatever happens… If ever you undergo trials there… just endure it and stay strong. It’s for your own good.” He said, serious. You crinkled your nose at what you heard. “Oppa, what… why are you telling me this?”

“Just… there’s always a rainbow after the rain!” He chirped. “Love you, take care!!” With that, the line went dead.

You stared at the phone, brows furrowed. “He’s weird, as always.”

 

 

“Ya Eunhae can you—“ Myungsoo stopped mid-way and bit his lip, trying to suppress his laughter. Your brow rose. “Why?”

“… You… Your… hair.” He now burst in his loud guffaw. Your hand instinctively touched your bed-nest hair. “Shoot.”

Myungsoo clutched his stomach, leaning on the doorframe for support. “This is epic. I should’ve taken a picture, geez!”He exclaimed, trying to control his hysterical laughter.

Instead of being annoyed, you looked at him, somehow… dazzled by the sound of his laughter. His face was painted with pure joy, the arrogant douche vanishing in an instant. Myungsoo looked different; he looked so different.

“Myungsooo….” You breathed out, tilting your head to the side.

Myungsoo was still laughing, on the verge of slapping himself to stop. When he was fully composed, he was smiling like an idiot, which was rare. “What? Are you nuts?” He snickered. You vigorously shook your head. “No, you are nuts.” You replied innocently. His brows arched.

“What do you mean?” He urged.

“You’re different with that smile. It looks so… genuine.”

Myungsoo immediately rolled his eyes, arrogant douche woken up. “You’re distorted.” He scoffed and walked away. You exhaled, letting out a small chuckle.

“I ALMOST believed in that smile.”

 

 

Your POV

 

Grumble. Grumble. Grumble.

Dimwit tummy. I need to stuff myself.

Slipping on my Doc Martens, I hurriedly scrambled down the stairs and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I don’t care about poise or anything, I just want to eat this in full speed. Milk trickled down my chin, and I hurriedly wiped it off with tissue also dumping the now empty bowl in the dishwasher.

Due to my fast walking, I noticed a soda wrapper on the floor a little too late. With a yelp, my face met the carpeted floor. Wow, nice way to wake me up. Really.

“How can a girl be so clumsy?” Myungsoo muttered, leaning on the wall. I cursed lowly and stood up, dusting off lint in my pants. “I’m looking forward to meeting her.” My awesome brain sarcastically replied as I walked towards the door with a glum face.

Bye brat!” He hollered. 

Bye doucheeeee.I chuckled, reaching for the knob.

 

 

“Myungsoo Oppppa!”

Before I could even open the door, it gladly burst open, a girl in a short neon orange dress grinning before me. Myungsoo groaned. “Eunhae, If that’s one of those fangi—“

“Oppa, It’s me!!!!” The girl squealed, brushing past my shoulder and entering the house with her stiletto pumps clicking. Myungsoo’s brow raised.

Who is this girl? How dare she bump into me?

“Ha… Harang?

The girl shrieked and attacked Myungsoo with kisses and hugs. “You recognized me, Myubaby!” Myungsoo chuckled dryly. “What brings you here, kiddo?” He smiled for a millisecond, his genuine smile that I saw earlier.

He’s doing it… again.

Harang, or what’s her name, pouted. “I’m not a kid anymore, Oppa! Look at me!” She tugged on Myungsoo sleeve. The douche laughed awkwardly and ruffled her hair. “Yeah, you’ve grown.”

“Now I can hang out with my favorite beloved Oppa.” She blushed a little and batted her lashes at Myungsoo.

Wow, she’s straightforward. Daring. I bet Myungsoo would—

“Sure, sure.” He rolled his eyes playfully and squeezed her shoulder. “I missed you.” He said monotonously, but maybe that’s how he really says things.

Why is he so… good towards her? He’s acting different. They seem pretty close. And he's not even being cold and arrogant. Is this parallel universe?

“Have you eaten?” He asked. Harang giggled. “Can you cook?”

“No way. But I’ll buy you, you like that?”

Harang nodded and smiled contentedly. She looked around the house, her eyes landed at me eventually.

“Oppa, who IS she?” She faced me with a big question mark on her head. I noticed then how awkward I was there, standing alone with my head tilted. Well done, Eunhae. Now she thinks I’m stupid.

I blinked and faked a cough.

I was flustered. I don’t know why. The douche is actually different around this girl, and I feel weird. I feel out of place here. “Ya, douche.” I managed to blurt out. “Bye.... again.” With that I scrambled out, hitting myself inwardly.

“Who is she? I’m his housemate.” I whispered to myself, actually feeling something building up inside me. Maybe I’m annoyed. Right, I am. Her neon dress hurt my eyes, for goodness sake.

And why can he easily be good to another person while he kills me every single day? 

Aigo, Park Eunhae! Stop being so… mean!

Maybe she’s a fun person. Maybe.

Gah, whatever.

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Myungsoo’s lip twitched as you disappeared. “She’s my housemate. Park Eunhae.”

Harang nodded in understanding. “Well, you know what, Oppa? She’s not that pretty.” She commented, swinging her legs back and forth as she sat on the counter.

Myungsoo faced her with arched brows. “She isn’t?”

Harang eyed him suspiciously. “You… think she’s pretty?”

Myungsoo quickly looked away. “No.”

Harang smiled in content. “Right.”

 

“So why are you here all of a sudden?” Myungsoo started as he poured two cups of coffee. Harang shrugged. “I need to take a break from Japan. So I flew here.”

Myungsoo sipped his coffee and gently placed the cup down. “Vacation?”

“Maybe a long one.” Harang bit her lip. Myungsoo smiled for a second. “Great.”

Harang continued chewing on her lip. “Where are you staying at?” Myungsoo again started, distracting her small business. She looked up and smiled sheepishly. “Well about that… Can I live here?”

“Here?” Myungsoo echoed, eyes slightly widening.

Harang pouted. “Hotels are dangerous, Myubaby. And… besides, you already have a housemate. That’s not a problem adding me here. I’m your childhood bestie! We grew up together, even slept together in our diapers. So—“

Myungsoo raised his index finger. “A… Arasso.”

“I love you!” She exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear. Myungsoo chuckled. “You do when you need something from me.”

“That’s not true!” She protested, arms raised in mid-air.

“Then don’t live here.” Myungsoo retorted.

“Okay… maybe it is true.”

“See? Pabo.”

“So… can you skip classes today?”

 

 

Sungyeol tapped his watch endlessly. “Where is that guy?” He complained. Sunggyu tapped his back. “Maybe he’s still having a moment with his bed. You know him.”

“But he texted me this morning.” Woohyun retorted. “He wanted me to buy him coffee. I did, but I drank it.” He chuckled.

Sungjong removed his headphone and looked around. “Where’s Myungsoo hyung?”

“Clueless.” Hoya snickered at the maknae’s direction. “Go back to your own world, Sungjong.”

Dongwoo was about to comment when he saw you enter the campus gates. Without thinking, he hollered. “Eunhaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

Still annoyed, you jerked your head towards the voice.

Dongwoo goofily smiled at your direction. “EUNHAE! COME HERE!” He called again, waving his hands like a lost child. The rest of Infinite turned to look at you. “Eunhae, faster!!!! Cooommmmeee!!” Sungyeol added.

With a sigh, you approached them, avoiding the death glares.

 

“So, what’s up dudes?” You greeted with a sheepish smile.

Hoya chuckled. “Dudes? Seriously?”

“Sorry. That was lame.” You mumbled.

The guys laughed at your attempt. “You don’t have to be a guy around us, dude.” Dongwoo tapped your shoulder. “We’re friends. Be yourself.”

“Yeah, hey friends…” You waved. They chuckled again at your awkwardness. Sunggyu was going to start asking you, when he noticed your unease and constant flinching. Girls all over the campus are going to plot your murder. Aish. Fangirls are even glaring as of the moment.

“What’s wrong?” Woohyun asked, sharing the same observation as Sunggyu. You looked up, hearing only his voice, not really absorbing a word. “Eh?”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Are you awake, Eunhae-ah? Wakey-wakey.” He ruffled your hair and leveled his face to yours to examine your face. Inistictively, you moved back. “I’m fine.” You coughed, flustered.

Sungong hopped to your side and slung his arm around your shoulders. “So do you have any idea where the ice prince is?” He chirped.

Your thoughts diverted back to the neon dressed-girl. “… Yea…” You mumbled, almost as faint as a whisper. “I bet he’s still asleep?” Hoya chuckled mockingly.

“Yeah, still making love to his bed. That bed- guy.” Sunggyu snickered, making the boys share the laughter at their small joke.

You looked up, blinking innocently. “Actually, he’s wide awake.”

Their eyes turned to you. “And then he fell back asleep?” Woohyun joked.

You shook your head. “No… this… flashy girl arrived and… well they seem pretty close.”

You don’t know why, but the boys burst out in a lod guffaw. “i… It’s… true.”

“You mean, Myungsoo is seeing a girl?!”Woohyun laughed, clutching his stomach. You looked at their reactions. Pretty much they wouldn’t believe it. “I don’t know if they’re… seeing each other.”

“What was she like then?” Dongwoo urged.

Without any hesitation, you blurt out. “Flashy.”

The boys had their brows rising. “Let’s find out.”

 

 

 

_________________

don't worry too much abt Harang. keke