STORM

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

 

It was a stormy night.

The wind knocked on your window endlessly, and the gloomy night made you snuggle like a ball under your fleece blanket, diverting your attention to the slight hum of your speakers.

Myungsoo slammed the door shut, his clothes wet from the rain. He hissed, ruffling his hair. Droplets of water began to meet the carpeted floor. His mood wasn’t in perfect condition, and getting wet only made it worse.

“You’re home.” You appeared at the second storey with a blanket wrapped all over you. Myungsoo locked gazes with you, his coat wet in his arms. Wordlessly, he went up with an unreadable expression.

“You should hop in the shower, or you might get sick.” You mumbled, looking at him. He just brushed past you and nodded again. You pouted at his back, trying to figure out what went wrong. “If he’s a girl, I’d think he’s PMSing.” You muttered and entered your room.

 

M!Countdown was playing on your television, and you tried so hard to focus on the show. The occasional thunder terrified the guts out of you, but you diverted your attention to the rookie idols showing off. It was a good way to forget the storm outside.

That was when the lights started flicking. You looked , and you immediately around, a horrified expression on your face. Reflex ran up your system, making you immediately cuddle with the thick comforter. Finally, the lights gave in. Also the television, and the heater. For short, electricity was dead.

A light gasp escaped your quivering lips. “This is terry—“

Yu didn’t have time to finish your statement for thunder roared loudly, almost shaking the house. Like a little child, you crossed you fingers, praying nothing would follow.

Unfortunately, another followed.

 

“MYUNGSOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

You shrieked, dashing for the door despite the darkness. You were relying on your senses to kick in.

“Ooof.” You shut your eyes as your head hit something hard.

Slowly, you looked up to see a pair of eyes looking back at you. Myungsoo lightly bopped your forehead. “What’s up with you?” He said monotonously. You exhaled in relief. “Thank heavens you’re alive.”

“You called me, Eunhae. Why would I be dead?” He snickered, looking at you quizzically. You bit your lip. “I don’t…know. Thunder, maybe?” You fibbed. He rolled his eyes as his lip twitched. “What happened, anyway?”

“The… electricity.” You stammered, uneasy with distance between the two of you. Myungsoo heaved out a deep sigh. “I know, it’s gone. This is bad.”

“Should we go to my cousin’s house?” You suggested, backing a few steps away. He looked at you mockingly. “How dumber can you get? It’s late night, and there’s a storm. Unless you want to die.”

Again, you were caught biting your poor lower lip. “I’m… afraid.”

He just chuckled.

“I’m serious.” You glared at him, clutching the pillow you grabbed while running out the room. Myungsoo nonchalantly shrugged. ‘What should I do with that?” He raised abrow arrogantly.

You were about to retort when another flash of lightning and roaring thunder prevailed. Next thing you know, you were already closing your eyes, youe arms tightly gripping Myungsoo’s arm. He was astonished as he looked at you weirdly. “You… get off.” He blinked, shaking his arm. You shook your head vigorously. “Not until you make the thunder stop, .”

He scoffed. “What am I, some sort of go—“

Another thunder.

You shrieked, causing your body to slightly jump. Myungsoo exhaled heavily when you buried your face in his chest, trembling. Something inside him churned, suddenly his body tensed. Unaware and afraid, you snuggled closer, eyes tightly shut. 

“Come.” He whispered, taking your hand in his as he led you to his room. Carefully, he led you to the small couch and gave you a fleece blanket. “Stay here for the mean time.” He said monotonously, trying to avoid your terrified gaze.

You nodded, grateful. “…Thank you, Myungsoo.”

Somehow something bothered you when he held your hand. Your brows furrowed as you tried to figure what it was. *I’m just… weird.*

*What was that?* Myungsoo furrowed his brows in the dark, confused with his won self.

 

 

It was silent. Myungsoo sat at the edge of the couch, engrossed in his own little world. Earphones in, world out. You sat few inches beside him, just waiting for the return of the electricity. Boredom again irked you, and you squirmed in your seat every now and then. Finally, Myungsoo couldn’t take it anymore.

“What is your problem?” He asked calmly, taking one earphone off his ear. You slowly faced him. “… Eh?”

He sighed heavily. “Are you cold or something?”

You looked at him, confused. “… No. Why?”

“You’re so uneasy, Eunhae.” He said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone. Your mouth opened in realization. “I… I’m just… bored. Hehe” You chuckled awkwardly. His eyebrow raised in amusement. “You really are a child.” He whispered to himself, shaking his head as he laughed.

“Myungsoo..” You poked his leg with your toe, gaining his attention. “What now?”

“Should we… do something?” Your tone was suggestive, yet he replied coldly, keeping his demaneor. “Can’t you just… sleep or something?”

“Nope.” You replied, popping your lips, making weird sounds. Eventually you were already playing with your mouth, making weird noises. Myungsoo heaved a deep sigh as he removed his earphones and turned to face you completely.

“You’re so annoying!” He stated, eyes hard. You gave him a lopsided grin. “I am?”

He sneered and slumped back to his seat. “I don’t know what to do with you, seriously.” He mumbled, running his fingers through his hair. You sat up, grinning.

“Let’s play a game!” You declared, almost outshining the dark with your grin.

Myungsoo stared back at you, uninterested. “What—“

“I know this clapping game!” You happily giggled, making Myungsoo chuckle a bit with your enthusiasm. “Okay, Like I have any choice…”

You grinned triumphantly, almost jumping in your seat. Myungsoo placed a firmhand on your shoulder to make you stay still. “Only if you control you’re feelings. It’s like you’re dying just to play with me.”

Your energy went down the drain in an instant. “Excuse me?” You scoffed. Myungsoo gave you one of his rare eye smiles. “Want to play this clapping game or not?”

You sneered, lightly muttering to yourself. “Arrogant douche.”

 

 

Myungsoo winced as he touched his forearm. Even through the dark, he could make out red stinging spots coming from your finger blows. “Why do you have to be good at this game?” He complained, rubbing his poor arm.

You flashed him a cheeky grin. “Because I’m good at anything that involves hurting you~” You chimed. He snorted immediately. “You seriously hate me, Eunhae. It hurts, ouch.” He tried to put fake emotions in his words, pretending tu clutch his heart.

His actions just made you roll you eyes. “Another round!” You cheered. His face went from pretend hurt to terrified. “No way!”

 

 

 

MONDAY

 

L.joe’s Pov

 

I feel like a stalker doing this, but actually I’m just an interested guy. And I’m Lee Byunghyun, and Lee Byunhyun rarely gets interested.

The classroom was peaceful and serene, only the chirping of the birds outside can be heard, as well as the slight hum of the airconditioning. My legs stretched to anther table, as my big sneakers exposed themselves on the desk, feet crossed. Somehow thoughts clouded my mind, but I think it got a little comforting. These thoughts of mine, all circulating around one girl. And as of now, I’m trying my hardest to figure out what this feeling is.

I’m going crazy. Why is she so…. Ugh.

 

“Hey, you’re early today!” Eunhae popped inside the room with her charming grin. Her eyes twinkled with enthusiasm. I returned a soft smile. “Yeah, got on the wrong side of the bed.”

She giggled. “That’s sad, awee, poor Byungie.”

“Byungie?” My eyes snapped at the word.

She sheepishly touched the nape of her neck. “What? I think it’s cute~” Her books sounded with a thump as she placed it on her desk. She plopped on her seat, facing me. “Don’t you think so?” She chirped.

I couldn’t help but get confused all over again. That bothering feeling inside me reappeared. “…Uh, well.. yeah..” I stammered, trying to slip the words out of my tongue. She nodded in satisfaction. “Good, now I’ll call you Byungie then.”

 

The silence didn’t feel torturous at all, yet if gave me my own peace to think. Eunhae pranced towards the white board, scribbling random doodles using her colored markers.

“Last night was terrifying, really.” She started, back facing me as she continued scribbling. This girl, really. Such a little child.

“You mean the storm?”

She nodded as her heel to face me. “Yeah! It was really big with all the lightning and thunder~” She emphasized each word, talking animatedly. I had to chuckle at her childishness. “You seem pretty hyped today?”

She stopped her storm storie and grinned cheekily. “Because I beat Myungsoo last night!!” She pumped her fists in the air. My brows furrowed for a second. “Myung…soo? Ah.. so you were together last night..” I tried to make it sound like a statement, or a conclusion, but it sounded suspicious.

Eunhae turned away from me and scribbled. “Yeah… Uh… family gathering. Hehe” She fibbed. Somehow I felt something off, but maybe then it’s just me.

“So when are we going to make our project, dude?”

She scratched her head as she erased what she doodled. “Uh, I’m really sorry for that Saturday.” She then faced me with an apologetic face. I smiled back. “I understand. Emergency.”

She nodded. “Thanks, you’re the best! How bout we make it during free time? I always bring my laptop…”

“Sure, Eunhae.”

“Sure, Byungie.” She stuck her tongue out as she approached her seat, group of students already entering the room. “Byungie your face.” I whispered, and she just chuckled.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

The cafeteria was jam-packed with university students. Either hungry, flirty, or just… bored. People talked about random things here and there, but somehow the noise was bearable.

Infinite’s table, as usual, was chaotic.

 

“Hey Myung.” Hoya chimed. Myungsoo looked at him with a grave expression. “What?” He snapped. Hoya lifted both his hands in mid-air. “Chill dude.”

“What happened to you?” Sunggyu asked, almost mocking. Myungsoo sighed. “Nothing…”

After that the boys didn’t bother to disturb Myungsoo anymore. They know their friend well. He can be… snobby.

Sungyeol was about to take a bite of his sandwich when Myungsoo nudged him.

“You want?” Sungyeol offered his snack. Myungsoo declined, brows furrowed. “Yeol… can you play this game with me?” He blurted out. Sungyeol’s brow rose. “… Game?”

 

Infinite watched as Myungsoo gave another blow to Sungyeol’s forearm. Sungyeol winced as he ran his fingers through his skin. “You’re so harsh.”

Myungsoo grinned evilly. “You’re a loser. Again.” He commanded, which left Sungyeol no other chice to play the clapping game again. And again, he lost.

“Why are you suddenly in to that game?” Dongwoo asked, confusion ruled in his head. Myungsoo shrugged. “It’s fun.”

“Since when did you think of fun?” It was now Woohyun’s turn to ask. Myungsoo eyed each of the guys. “Is it so wrong for me to play? Drop those stares.” He seethed. Immediately, the guys pretended to do their won thing.

Sungjong poked his hyung’s side. “Dongwoo hyung… what is wrong with Myungsoo hyung nowadays?”

Hoya who overheard, whispered. “He’s on drugs. That’s the best possible answer.”

“I heard that, by the way.” Myungsoo nonchalantly said while playing the game,not even sparing the gossiping boys a glance. They stiffened on their seats.

 “You know we love you, L~~” Dongwoo cooed.

Myungsoo now sneered. “I’m not on drugs, just so you know.”

*I can beat you now, Eunhae.* He cheered inwardly, unknown to the guys.

 

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo weirdly, but went back to his senses when his phone started vibrating. He excused himself from the boys who didn't really care, engrossed with whaver they were doing. He walked out the chaotic cafeteria and pressed the green button.

"Oh~ Uncle?" He answered politely. His eyes flamed with confusion as he listened. "Oh sure, later would be fine, Uncle. I'll see you then." 

Before going back, he stood there, looking at his phone. More so, he was thinking deeply why Myungsoo's father, the great Kim Myungsbak would want to meet him.

 

________________________________________________________________