Hell

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“So Sungyeol-sshi?” You hid half of your face behind the door, smiling at Sungyeol. He chuckled and pulled you out of your safe zone. “Can you at least be comfortable around me?” He poked you lightly. You giggled, shrugging.

“You’re Myungsoo’s friend. Who knows, you might’ve inherited his jerkiness. No offense, just…--“

“Making sure.” He finished with a lopsided grin. “I know, my friend’s a cold guy, or a… jerk, as you say. But we’re two different poles.” He assured, giving your shoulder a light squeeze. You nodded, biting your lip. “Then I guess I’ll get along with you!”

He laughed, showing of his white teeth. “So you were saying?”

Quickly composing yourself, you exhaled. “Well… now that you know about the housemate thing, will Infinite know as well? And the whole school?”

He looked at you intently, a grin threatening to plaster on his face. His lack of reaction made you think of what you said. *Did I say… something wrong?*

“No… not that I mean you’re talkative gossiping guy—“ You waved your hands in front of him, trying to rescue the situation. Instead of letting you finish, he grabbed your hands and calmed your nerves. “No, I wasn’t offended, Eunhae.” He smiled.

“So…?”

He chuckled, looking at you weirdly twitching your eye. “I mean, your fear of having the school know is funny.”

Your eyes widened, jumping a little on the couch. “Of course! Those fangirls are freaky! They look like they’re going to skin me alive! Oh gosh, terrifying! A group even approached me—“

“Wait, they approached you? Why would they?” His brows furrowed, waiting for an answer. You sighed dramatically, your arms falling limp to the sides. “Because the arrogant douche freaking winked at me at school! He wanted me to die!”

Sungyeol’s lips formed an ‘o’. “So you were that controversial girl he winked at…”

You rolled your eyes. “Unfortunately.”

“Myungsoo loves teasing you, eh?” He lightly socked your shoulder, and you made a face. “He’s not teasing me! He’s murdering me with his own little ways. A slow painful death for me.” You made crying noises and clucked your tongue. Sungyeol laughed heartily as his eyes wandered off upstairs.

*Kim Myungsoo, you’re getting weird around this girl.* He inwardly snickered.

 

"Ya." Myungsoo threw a face towel straight at your face later that night. You coughd, inhaling his sweat. "You bastard!"

He chukled and grinned. "You like the smell of my sweat don't you?" He wiggled his eyebros teasingly. A scoff escaped your lips. "You're sick."

 

"... About Sungyeol." He started again, clearing his throat. "Hmm, what about him?"

He looked around, acting cool. "He's the only one who knows. But with his mouth, in no time Infinite would know."

Your eyes almost bulged out its sockets. "That's end of Park Eunhae's life then. Becase the school would know. Then your fangirls..."

Myungsoo snickered. "Why are you so afraid of them?"

"They'll murder me!"

He rolled his eyes. "Seriously? They can't do anything to you."

"Why is that? It's not like you'll protect me!" You flung your arms up, protesting. Myungsoo awkwardly cleared his throat again. "They just... can't."

"How could you be so sure? They're desperate girls!"

"Just go to your room and sleep! You're so noisy!" He burst out, raking his hair. You slowly ascended the stairs, lips pressed into a thin line. *What happened to him?*

".... Goodnight." You whispered, being polite.

Myungsoo didn't even spare you a look.

"Night." He mumbled and turned his back away from you.

 

 

Time flies when you’re having fun. Well, for you, time flies when you’re being murdered by the arrogant douche slowly. Next thing you know, it’s time for school.

Students swarmed the entrance of the campus as usual. Some were chit-chatting about random stuff. Others were bragging their designer brands here, others were quietly walking alone with thick books on their palms. Others were showing their affection romantically, doing those gross stuff.

*I should’ve been early today. In that way, I could enjoy the peace.* You blew a raspberry, kicking the cemented ground and skipping off to your first class. When you got in, people were in their usual routine; chaos. L.joe was already in his seat, scribbling something on his notebook.

“You have a notebook?” You chuckled and plopped on your chair, facing him. He looked up and rolled his eyes at you. “I’m offended.”

“You have feelings?” You giggled, enjoying the teasing. He stopped scribbling and closed his notebook, eyeing you. “Now I’m greatly offended.”

With a lopsided grin, you bopped his head lightly. “Come on, I was joking!”

“Yeah right.” He mumbled and looked at you weirdly.

You grinned back at him and turned to your desk, preparing your pens and highlighters on the desk, and your trustworthy binder. L.joe scratched his head, biting his lip. He was debating within himself whether he should ask where you have gone that afternoon with Myungsoo.

“So… how’s your day?” He blurted out, and mentally slapped himself after that. You raised a brow at him, lips tugging into a sly smile. “My day just started, Byunghyun.”

He closed his eyes for a brief moment and muttered. “Pretend I did not say that.”

You giggled and shook you’re head. “It’s all pasted in my brain now. L.joe’s stupid question, quote.” He twitched his lip and turned away, covering his face with his hanky. You ‘tsked’ at his direction and went back to preparing stuff.

 

“Okay class~”

The teacher entered in a sing-song voice. You jolted up from you seat, stunned. Even L.joe peeked at the teacher, surprised with his suddedn joyful mood. He’s known to be the grumpy teacher of all time.

He paced left to right in his little platform, a big grin on his face. Students’ faces were priceless. Everybody thought the teacher was on drugs or something.

“So…” He batted his lashes.

“I have good news!” His palms started hitting each other animatedly, and it looked like clapping. You tilted your head, a brow threatening to raise. L.joe sat down properly, actually interested. The students were also lending their ears for the first time.

The teacher smiled, satisfied. Some students even gasped when he smiled.

“My project proposal has been approved!”

He expectantly looked at the students for cheers maybe. But awkward air filled the room. “Well…” He coughed lightly. “That means, you’re project will be the one I planned months ago. An on-field research and presentation about the topic given. You work in pairs, guys~” He clasped his hands together and exhaled.

“Now shoo~ Find your pairs!”

 

You sat back, sulking on your chair.

“How I wish Myungsoo Oppa was in this class!” A girl at the back dreamily sighed. You just wanted to barf at that. Another girl protested, her hands exxageratedly pointing to the first girl. “He’s mine! And I bet when he’s in this class, I’ll be his partner.” She scoffed, crossing her arms over her gigantic chest. It looked… fake though.

Guys cooed at the fight starting. You turned away, irritated. *They’re fighting over the arrogant douche?! Just… epic.*

 

“Annyeong, L.joe-sshi.” A petite girl with lips shiny as glitters stood beside L.joe’s table. She smiled cutely, biting her lip. Her foot uncomfortably flexed every now and then, and she was fiddling with her fingers. “Uh…”

L.joe looked up, sensing what’s about to happen. “…Yes?”

“D…do you want to be my partner?” She asked, her tiny voice wavering as she tuck a lock of her blond hair at the back of her ear. L.joe squirmed on his seat, and you observed there quietly. You just want to mouth an ‘accept her’ to L.joe. Just by looking at the girl, it made you suffer. She looked like she was drowning in her place.

But then, L.joe’s gaze landed on you and he did the most unexpected thing.

“I already have a partner.” He stated, looking apologetic at the girl. She looked at you innocently, but her eyes displayed the opposite. She smiled lightly at L.joe before leaving.

A few seconds later, you decided to break the ice. “So partner, huh?”

He bit his lip. “Well…”

“If you wanted me so badly as your partner, you should’ve asked. Poor girl.” You sarcastically said, raising a brow at him. He rolled his eyes. “Atleast you have a friend as a partner!”

“Admit it. You wanted me.” You stuck your tongue out. He snickered and eyed you mockingly. “Who would want you? You wanted me. You were waiting for me to ask you first.”

A scoff escaped your lips. “No I wasn’t!”

“Yes you were.” You retorted.

“No I wasn’t!”

“Yes, You were!”

 

“Mister Lee, Miss Park, any problem?” The teacher interrupted, tapping his stick on the table. You smiled at him, flashing your pearl whites. “Nothing. We were…”

“acting out a part in a drama.”L.joe finished. The students looked at both of you weirdly, even the teacher. “..Okay. I guess you’re both drama lovers then.” He mumbled and went back to what he was doing. You shot L.joe a look. “Seriously?”

“What? I saved us both.” He muttered, blinking innocently.

 

Your first period mainly consumes about 2 and a half hours. So after you finished, you quickly stood up and packed up. L.joe lightly kicked you leg. “Ya.”

You faced him and made a sour expression. “What?”

He chuckled. “Easy missy.”

“I’m just starving.” You mumbled, feeling your stomach protesting. He shrugged and walked beside you towards the cafeteria. You didn’t really care, since he was just being quiet.

“Where’s your friend?” You blurted out. He glanced at you for a second. “You mean… chunji?”

You nodded, fastening your pace. L.joe shrugged. “Probaby at the caf with his girl of the week.” He said nonchalantly. You didn’t bother reply since your stomach was pratically howling with hunger. Even L.joe heard it. “That’s pretty serious.”He chuckled as he opened the cafeteria doors for the both of you.

Your eyes glistened at the sight of food on different stalls.

 

After a few minutes, you were already holding a tray of food with L,joe forced to buy some too.

“I’m not hungry~” He whined and stomped his foot, looking at his tray. You dissed him off by waving a hand at him. “Just eat, you’re thin.”

“I am?” He blinked, following you in finding a good spot. Somehow he was offended. He pouted and looked at his arms. “I’ve been working out…” He mumbled, pouting.

 

“Here!” Sungyeol waved from a different table not far from your place. You looked at him and glared. He smiled evilly.

“PARK EUNHAE! SIT WITH US!” He hollered. L.joe looked up and raised a brow at you. “They’re…”

"PARK EUNHAE!" Sungyeol hollered again, waving his hands in the air. You shot himanother death glare, but he dismissed it and smiled widely.

You sighed, gaining looks from people. Girls were throwing daggers at you. Embarrassed, you buried your face on your palms. “I’m dead meat.”

“Why are they calling you?” L.joe looked at you quizzically. You bit your lip, avoiding the glares thrown at you. “I don’t know..”

“You know them? Like friends?” He quickly added.

You nodded hesitantly. “Sort of?”

L.joe shrugged. “Infinite’s calling you. Shouldn’t you go there?”

“No. Can we get away from here? Do you mind?” You pouted, batting your lashes at L.joe while desperately covering your face. He nodded, helping you pack your food. “Sure, let’s go.”

 

On your way out, you glared at Sungyeol. “I’ll kill you.” You mouthed. He just grinned from ear to ear.

"Eunhae! Where are you going?" He dramatically whined. You seethed incoherent words at him.

Beside him, Myungsoo was glaring at you with his fiery eyes back again.

*What’s his problem?* You thought. His gaze landed at L,joe then he looked away, rolling his eyes. You did the same, hurriedly exiting the cafeteria before you get skinned alive.

 

 

_____________________________

update! *throws confetti* =))