Scarred

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“Hey Byungie!” You giggled, greeting L.joe with a grin and matching wave. Your face automatically fell when he maintained his straight face and proceeded to his seat without even sparing you a glance.

You bit your lip, brows arched. “I…Is there something wrong?” You squeaked, facing him. He looked at you boredly and looked away immediately. “Can you just leave me alone?”

Your eyes widened, head slowly nodding. “O…okay. But… wait. Did I do something wrong?” You whispered, searching his face for any hint of emotion. His lip twitched, a bitter chuckle escaping his lips. “You didn’t do anything wrong. Maybe what you didn't do is.” L.joe's words slowly turned into a whisper, intentding the last part for only him.

“Wh—at?”

“Just leave me alone, Eunhae. I'm not really in the mood.”

 

You turned away quickly, a lump forming on your throat. Seeing this side of L.joe pained you, especially because he’s one of your few great friends in the Univeristy. 

Whenever you tried to talk, he would either sleep, of send you his cold glare. All you could do was slump in your seat, sinking with confusion and hurt.

The bell rang, and L.joe brushed past you without a word. You sighed, plodding out the room with a sad demaneor. Your shoulders deflated, your head hung low.

“Hey Hae!” Dongwoo chirped when he caught a glimpse of you in the crowd, slinging one arm around you. You weakly smiled, muttering a low greeting. Dongwoo’s brows furrowed, and he touched your forehead instinctively. “Are you sick?”

You gave another smile and shook your head. “No, Oppa.”

“But you look so sad, walking around with that melancholic face.” He mumbled, blinking. You waved your hand dismissively. “It’s nothing. I’ll get going, Oppa. Bye.”

Dongwoo scratched his head as you walked away. *What happened to her?*

 

Myungsoo walked out the building, his mind again floating in his own world.

“Yo Myung!” Woohyun bumped his shoulder, which irritated him. He immediately glared at his friend. Woohyun raised his hands in mid-air. “We’re cool, we’re cool.” He shushed.

“How do I prove someone I’m not embarrassing?” He blurted out suddenly, his mood taking a 360 degree turn. Woohyun looked at him, baffled at his friend's bipolar-ness. “What?”

“Nevermind.” He mumbled.

Woohyun pranced behind him, whistling. He knew too well what was going on in Myungsoo's mind. Well, it's clearly obvious. “You want to impress someone?” He teased, wiggling his brows. Myungsoo pushed him away, embarassed. “Go away.”

He looked away to hide his flushed cheeks.

Woohyun faced his friend and smiled goofily. “Use your strengths, Myung. It's not that hard, just be who SHE wants you to be, and express yourself.” He winked and walked away, winking at the girls as he passed by. Obviously, they all swooned over him.

Myungsoo stopped in his tracks and tilted his head sidewards with confusion. “Strengths?” He echoed.

 

“I don’t even know what I did.” You mumbled, burying your face in your palms. It miffed you not knowing why L.joe was acting like that all of a sudden. It seemed like you did something really wrong, still you don’t know what. Your head pounded with all the thinking, your lids twitching at every thought.

You woke up from your little desperate moment with the nudging on your side.

“You’ve gone bonkers?” Jaehee chuckled, plopping beside you. She placed her things on the table and offered you a can of juice. You smiled, looking at the can emotionlessly.

“What?”

“You’ve gone bonkers, and deaf. Talking to yourself now?” She clucked her tongue, lightly bopping your forehead. You pouted, swatting her hand away. “I’m… troubled.”

She raised her brow, signaling you to continue.

“L.joe… he’s acting different. He’s so cold and mean.” You muttered, again burying your face in your palms. Jaehee nonchalantly shrugged. “He’s always like that.”

“B…but—“

“Oh, except to you. He’s different around you.”  She giggled.

You frowned, looking at her pointedly. “Did you even listen to what I just said. He’s acting different around me. Like the delinquent Lee Byunghyun…”

Jaehhe’s brows furrowed. “But why?”

“I don’t know.” You sighed.

“Maybe he’s playing the ‘trick’.” Her eyes round for emphasis, as her lips tugged into a sly smile. You raised your brow, looking back at how weird she was. “What ‘trick’?”

“That… I’m- going-to-be-mean-to-her-to-get-her-attention trick.” She wiggled her brows. You coughed, thinking how insane that would be. “That’s sick.”

“Well, sick is what works.” She shrugged.

You slumped more on your seat. “No, I don’t think so… It’s as if I did something really wrong. Like… I hurt him. He can’t even look me in the eye.”

Jaehee’s mouth parted, but no sound came out. You heaved an exasperated sigh. She jumped up, raising her index fnger. “Maybe you DID something wrong.”

“Wha—No!” You retorted.

She raised her brows. “You may not know it.”

“That’s the point! I don’t know what it is!”

“Then find out what it is.”

 

 

Myungsoo flexed his neck, his eyes closed for a brief moment. “All this thinking is draining me.” He mumbled, a slight yawn escaping his dry lips.

“Yo dude!” Hoya plopped beside him, socking his shoulder.

He swatted his hand away in irritation. “What the hell?”

“Chill. I was just trying to cheer you up. You look so... down.” Hoya sneered, turning away.

“Wait!”

“What?”

“How can I impress someone who hates me?” Myungsoo asked.

Hoya’s lips tugged into a smile. “That’s weird, Myung.”

“I know, she’s weird.” He mumbled, low enough for only him to hear. Unfortunately, Hoya’s ears perked up. “It's a she! Definitely Eunhae.” He chuckled teasingly.

“What?” Myungsoo blinked, feigning innocence.

Hoya burst out in a  loud guffaw. “Caught! Sheesh, you're bad at pretending. Your lips quiver every time you try to act innocent, dude. Cut the act.

“Okay, okay! She told me I’m embarrassing.” Myungsoo sighed.

“Then do what she wants to see of you.”

Myungsoo’s brows arched. “And that is…?”

Hoya squirmed in his seat, facing his friend fully. “What does she hate in you?”

“My… arrogance?” He squeaked.

“Bingo!” Hoya jerked up, grinning. Myungsoo was the opposite, frowning at his friend. He was drowning in curiosity.

Hoya burst out in a loud guffaw and ruffled Myungsoo’s hair. “Stop being arrogant. That’s what she likes.”

“You… think so?” Myungsoo gulped. Hoya vigorously nodded.

 

“But I don’t think you can do that.” Hoya clucked his tongue and waved his hand dismissively. Myungsoo sat there alone, floating on the clouds of his own thoughts.

 

 

“Let’s go.” Myungsoo muttered, leaning on the door frame of your classroom. You glumly nodded, not even sparing a glance as you led the way out. His brows furrowed. “You’re not even going to greet me? Or say you usual 'hey douche'?”

You glanced up for a moment, giving him an emotionless stare. “Let’s just go, can we?”

He nodded, biting his lip. “Are you... sick? I never thought pigs like you get sick.”

“No, and I'm not a pig.”

“Hungry? Cause pigs eat every now and then..”

“No, and I'm not a pig you douche.”

“Bad mood? Pigs don't

“Myungsoo, stop.” You gave him a pointed look, silencing him. He rolled his eyes and continued to walk. “You should be thankful I’m talking to you, you brat.”

“Don’t talk to me, jerk.”

 

L.joe walked out of the building, followed by Chunji and his new girlfriend. He aimlessly led his steps, his eyes scanning the campus emotionlessly.

“B…Byungie..” You piped, looking at him with melancholic eyes. Myungsoo stopped walking in front of you and turned to look. L.joe gave you a cold look for a minute and continued walking.

You leaned on Myungsoo’s car, dejected. Myungsoo’s brow rose quizzically. “You fought?”

You could only nod.

“Why?”

“I told you not to talk.” You mumbled and slipped in his car.

 

L.joe closed his eyes. “I thought you trusted me.” He could only mutter, not even looking back. Chunji tapped his shoulder consolingly. “I told you, man, let’s sprea—“

“Don’t even think about it, Ji.” He seethed acidly.

 

 

___________________________________________

sorry. i'm very busy because of these competitions.. yeah, so, really... sorry.

I'll do my best. thanks for waiting patiently.

lovelots <3