Disadvantages

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

NARRATOR

 

“Let’s go, you lazy-!” Myungsoo hollered, stomping his foot impatiently. You doubled the steps down the stairs, your stuff carelessly jammed on your bag. “I don’t even want to ride with you!”

“Fine then! Let those girls kill you!” He roared, walking away. You stood there at the end of the stairs, letting out air through your gritted teeth. *Aish!*

“Myung, wait up!”

Myungsoo slipped in his car, a smirk playing on his lips triumphantly.

 

 

“What the hell?”

“Why is she with him?”

“So it’s true?”

“Are they together?”

“I thought she was with Lee Byunghyun? Now Kim Myungsoo?”

“What a daring woman! Full of guts.”

“What’s with her?!”

 

Hoya chuckled as he leaned on the second floor railings. Sungyeol whistled beside him, pumping a fist in the air. The others leaned over with curiosity.

“I never thought he would go this far.” Sunggyu clucked his tongue. Dongwoo rolled his eyes. “We all know him. He may be a jerk, but finally the softie in him woke up.”

Sungjong grinned. “And she woke that part of him. Great job, noona.

 

You bit your lip, head hung low. The crowd was squishing you, but Myungsoo’s hand was tight on your wrist. “I should’ve walked here alone.” You muttered.

He chuckled close to your ear. “Just thank me, you know.”

“Ew, no.” You jerked his hand away and ran away, away from the crowd and the girls. He smiled as soon as he saw you disappear on the building. He's mor than happy to send you to school. *So the school knowing has its perks too, huh?* He inwardly chuckled.

 

 

“Gah!” You exclaimed tiredly, slumping on your chair. Students gave you weird looks, but you just ignored them, still gasping for air. You practically had to run and avoid the crowd just to go to your room. Just like a game.

L.joe smiled behind you and lightly poked your back with a pen. “Hey.”

You jerked up, turning your body to his direction. “Oh hey.” You waved awkwardly. He chuckled and lightly bopped your forehead. “What’s with you?”

“I had to avoid the crowd. And the girls.” You sadly hissed.

He popped his lips. “Sorry Hae. If I didn’t act all cold on you, we wouldn’t have that conversation yesterday morning.No one wou—“

“Don’t say sorry, Byungie.” You rolled your eyes. He looked at you with his chinky eyes getting rounder. “Hey, it’s not your fault. It’s no one’s fault. This just proves… time comes the truth will always come out. What can I do? I have an arrogant popular jerk for a housemate.” You fakely sobbed.

He chuckled and ruffled your hair. “Yeah, but Myungsoo… cares for you, right?”

“That dude?” You snickered. Suddenly his face lit up in your head. The way he comforted you without words, when he would tease you, that fast racing going on inside you… The weird feeling, the tingling on your fingertips, his funny annoyed face...

“No!!” You shook your head, getting rid of all those thoughts.

L.joe looked at you questioningly. You flashed him a sheepish smile. “I mean… No, he doesn’t care for me. That guy’s a jerk. Yeah, a jerk.”

He pursed his lips, pointing a suspecting finger at you. “Hmmm whatever you say.”

*He does care for you, pabo. How can I not know when I feel the same as him?* He thought.

 

“Ya Eunhae!” Jaehee shrilled, her brows arched evilly as she pursed her lips. Her arms were crossed on her chest, and she approached you with heavy steps. You gulped, knowing what’s coming.

You smiled at her, almost hurting your cheeks from trying too much. “Hey Hee..” You mumbled, low enough for both of you to hear.

She stopped just in front of you, and her tongue clucked inside . “You.” She lightly jabbed a finger on your arm. “You have a lot of explaining to do.”

“Hehehehe…” You nervously chuckled, getting dragged by your bipolar friend.

 

“So?” She demanded, sitting across you. You bit your lip, avoiding her gaze. Jaehee felt irritation rise within her. “Ya, Eunhae!”

You slowly looked up, giving her a sour smile. “Yep?”

“What ‘yep’? Why didn’t you tell me you were living with Kim Myungsoo?” She snarled. You flinched a little, moving your chair farther from her. She seemed not to notice. “You see, Hee… That is a secret…”

“Correction, was. The school knows now.” She raised her index finger, waggling it like a mature woman.

“Oh, right.” You whispered, nodding. “Uhh… We are housemates. Right. And... my… my dad let me live with him, since our… our parents are business partners. That’s it.”

“Why keep it a secret then? To me?” She whispered the last part, eyes filled with hurt. You smiled slightly. “Jaehee, it’s not just my secret. It was Myungsoo’s too. You see, he’s a popular member of a popular group. Telling others would endanger not only his image, but also my safety.”

“Darn those fangirls.’ She cursed, her fist turning into a hard ball. You approached her and gave her a light squeeze on the shoulder. “I’m sorry.”

“I understand, Hae. Sorry for… you know. My temper. I was just disappointed. I thought you didn’t trust me.” She sniffled.

“I trust you, silly.” You beamed, giving her a light embrace.

 

You sat on the chair, alone in a random classroom. Jaehee left, busy with these programs coming up. You wanted to go on and eat at the caf, but you knew better. Be hungry, or get squished by the crowd?

You flinched at the thought of all the dirty stares.

“I didn’t want this.” You mumbled, fiddling with your fingers.

“Hey Park Eunhae.” The door banged open, and a group of girls in skimpy skirts and thick make-up smiled at you. You smiled back, uncertain of what to do. Uhh hey?

One of them, the tallest, well because of the stilettos, swaggered towards you. She pursed her lips and leveled her face into yours. “Hmm, average.” She muttered.

She eyed your chest, snickering. “Cannot compare to mine.” She mused. The other girls giggled with delight at what they heard.

You stood up, fumbling over the chair. “Uh.. Can I help you guys? I’m… I’m really busy. So If I can go…”

“No, stay here.” One of them held your wrist, too tight for a normal hold, and pushed you lightly back to the chair. You winced. “Ow, what was that for?!” You alternately looked at them and your red wrist.

The tallest smiled. “That’s a nice question.”

“What? Who are you?”

She smirked, her red lips evilly curling. “Of course you wouldn’t know us, you’re busy with your boy-hunting. We’re from another school. Let’s say… Infinite’s counterpart.”

A chuckle escaped your lips. “Excuse me? Boy-hunting?”

“Don’t try to act all innocent, Park Eunhae.” One girl spat out.

The leader shot her a look and she backed away. “As you can see, we received rumors that you are living with my Myungsoo.”

You closed your eyes, getting enough. All day you had to hear stupid insults, curses, everything. All day you had to avoid talks just because you live with Myungsoo. You had ust got enough. “So what?”

She looked at you with disbelief. “So… what?”

You stood up and eyed her sharply. “So what of I live with him? I’m a decent lady, so it’s not a problem.” You seethed.

She scoffed, looking at her girlfriends at the back who shared the same feeling as her. She took a step closer, closing the spaces between you two. “Did you just… insult me?”

“You made up that idea.” You murmured.

 

 

L.joe walked down the halls, his backpack slung on his shoulder. He was looking at his surroundings, his ears covered with gigantic headphones.

He stopped, looking at Infinite. Somehow he felt really weird. He wanted to observe Myungsoo, he wanted to see how he acts. He wanted to compare, and he knows it's a shabby reason. But well, maybe that's what liking a girl does to someone.

Myungsoo was all panicky, his fingers typing madly on his handphone.

*What’s with him?* L.joe's brow rose.

He lowered the volume to his music player, leaning on the wall. He couldn’t help it, his whole being wanted to observe. 

“Calm down!” Sungyeol screeched.

Myungsoo bolted up, his fists clenced. “What if those girls hurt her?!” He screeched back.

“Seoul University girls won’t, L. They’re civil girls.” Sunggyu gently tapped his back. Sungjong nodded. “Yeah!”

Myungsoo sighed heavily, lightly pinching the bridge of his nose. “I brought this trouble to her.” He mumbled.

L.joe watched as Myungsoo blamed himself. He couldn’t help but compare himself to him. *Am I worthy? He cares too much.*

 

“Song Univerity girls are here!” One boy ran down the hallway, screaming on top of his lungs. You couldn’t figure out if he’s happy, or annoyed.

Hoya’s ears perked up. “Why are those girls here?!”

“Aren’t they the one who claims to be Infinite's girls?” Dongwoo bit back his laughter. The other boys shuddered. “I haven’t even had my first girlfriend.” Sungjong snickered.

Myungsoo’s jaw clenched.

“But seriously, what are they doing here?” Woohyun asked. The others shrugged. “Expose themselves?” Sungyeol suggested, his voice heightened.

Dongwoo waved a dismissive hand to him. “No, to cause trouble.”

Their eyes darted to Myungsoo, who quickly stood up and sprinted through the hallway. Moments later, the Infinite boys were running after him. Another one, L.joe, ran with all his might.

 

 

 

______________________________________

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY~~~~~