Hello Seoul, Hello... housemate?

Living with Mister Arrogant

 

 

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

 

The younger Park arrived at Incheon airport just before noon. She scrunched her nose, looking at the country that she used to live in, but never remembered. Her hair was slightly disheveled from the nap she took, and the crop top she paired with her mullet skirt was slightly crumpled. Just by looking at her, you could already tell that she’s something.

“I left my life to go here.”

She snickered, her eyes rolling under the dark shaded sunnies she was sporting. Her lip was twitching every now and then, especially when she looked at the people. Not that they disgusted her, duh they’re people. She just hates the fact that she was forced to go here. Being a woman of free will, she detested it.

But to think of it, she’s not yet a free woman after all.

 

 

“Woah, they got me a house. A house.” She muttered, looking at the e-mail her father just sent her. She felt the tiniest joy to see the address, but quickly wiped the feeling away. *A house can’t change anything. They forced me here.*

With nowhere else to go, she slipped on a cab, stating the address. In a matter of seconds, they were already speeding off.

Those moments when you’re alone and you think of your life, well that’s what she’s doing as of the moment.

------

“Am I too stubborn?” You mumbled, looking at the passing view of Seoul. Just before you could agree with yourself, your pride blocked you. “Nah.” You scoffed. The taxi driver’s eye twitched as he saw you talking to yourself.

You just blinked innocently at him.

 

“It’s our fault, yeobo. We took her away from our native country when she was still young.” Mrs. Park’s shoulders deflated as she looked at her husband. Mr. Park hurriedly strutted towards her, gently caressing her cheeks. “Yeobo, don’t blame yourself. Eunhae’s not open-minded. But I know soon she’ll get used to living there.”

“I hope.” Mrs. Park whispered, closing her eyes to let all the worry stop eating her inside.

 

“Oppa, I’m here.” You monotonously said to the other line. Your bipolar brother laughed on the other line. “Finally! I thought the plane crashed or something.”

You snorted at what you heard. “That would’ve been better than being forced here.”

Yoochun sighed exasperatedly. “Hae, I told you. Korea is great. You’ll—“

“Stop. I don’t wanna hear that lecture all over again.” You interrupted, now sulking in your seat, Yoochun’s lectures replaying all over your head. If you would be required, you could recite all his lectures straight without any interruptions. Yup, he’s that… nagging of a brother.

“Just see for yourself.” Yoochun muttered, clearly disappointed he was cut off.

“Aish, molla. I’ll see you soon?”

He chuckled on the other line. “Maybe soon.”

“Hmmm. Bye, Oppa. I love you!” You chirped.

“Yeah, yeah. Love you Hae.” With that the line went dead.

 

 

The cab entered a decent subdivision, with the houses looking all modern. There was a main clubhouse, a park and a court. Just from the things you saw, you could already tell it's one of those high-end places.

The cab stopped in front of one house in particular.

Smiling, you thanked the driver and paid him hurriedly.

 

Your eye twitched as you stood in front of the house, looking at all its details. Before letting the fact sink in to you, you let out a huff.

Mainly the windows were glass, and the walls were painted with light gray. It looked like a house from the future. Your heart was pounding for some unknown reason. *Strange.*

“Wait— Why is a Maserati parked here?” You eyed the car just outside the house, suspicious. “Is there a thief in my house?!” You hissed, panicking; your legs doing those weird movements while looking around being cautious.

After being sure no one was in sight, you walked a few step forward with your luggage, then stopping abruptly when it dawned on you. “Wow, a thief in a Maserati. How rich huh. Stupid me.” You scoffed at your stupidity and proceeded to entering.

 

 

“Not a thief but… a drunken man maybe?” Those were the words that escaped your lips when you opened the main door. It would've been nice, excapt that socks were scattered on the floor, along with some neckties and… a can of soda.

Keys dangled improperly on the wall, the clock was slightly tilted, the rug was rolled up on the end, the couch was filled with magazines and game consoles.

Basically, it was a mess.

For a moment your heart skipped a beat, thinking that you entered the wrong house. With quick hands, you snagged your phone and checked. It was the same  address though. Your eyebrow raised while looking at the surroundings.

*Impossible. Dad wouldn’t make any mistakes…*

Just when you were about to turn around and call your father, a creaking sound coming from somewhere upstairs erupted. Then shuffling of steps followed.

Frozen on your place, you could only wait for what’s coming.

 

 

From the top of the stairs, a guy still in his bed hair and pajamas dragged himself down, his eyes half-closed. His arms were swinging as he walked, and he yawned at least two times on the process.

He walked straight to what you assumed as the kitchen.

“He didn’t… see me?” You whispered to yourself, amused. Shrugging, you turned around to call your Dad.

 

“Hey you there.”

His voice made you turn around. The guy looked at you, his head tilted to the side. Being bad- like that, or so, you just raised a brow at him while pursing your lips. He eyed you from head to toe and snickered. “Who are you?” He spat out.

“I ask the same to you.”

His brows furrowed as he heard your reply. “Listen, woman. If you’re one of those fa—“

“I’m not any on who you’re thinking of. This is my house.” You bluntly said, wanting to just get to bed. Drowsiness was starting to prevail. Add the jet lag and you're down in a few.

The guy chuckled. “Your house?” You just nodded back at him.

He paused whatever he was muttering, seeing your lack of response or reaction at his attitude. Clasping his hands together, he looked straight at your eyes and burst out in a loud guffaw.

*Madman? He's must be crazy.* As you looked at him laughing there, your lip was twitching.

“I get it!” He said in between laughs.

“You’re… you’re one of those university girls! Sorry, I won’t date you!”

 

That just blew you out of your calm bubble. “Mworago?”

“Just go, you're not my type.” He chuckled, waving you dismissively. Your toes curled with anger. “I told you, this is my house, and I’m living here! And I'm not your... admirer! You arrogant douche.”

 

Myungsoo was taken aback with your outburst. You stomped your way inside, stepping on his mess, and brushed pass his shoulders.

“Ya! Stop... you...!” He held your wrist, and you jerked it off. “Do I have to say twice? This is my house.”

He rolled his eyes. “As of what I can see right now, I’m the one who owns this house. So please just get lost before I call security. Geez, why did they even allow stalkers to enter the subdivision.. Worse, the bratty types.” He whispered the last part, but was really intending for you to hear.

“Excuse me, I just landed here. And to tell you honestly, Mister, you have nothing worth stalking.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened as you rubbed it in his face. He let out a frustrated sigh.

 

You ignored him and looked around. When you were about to open a door, you heard him mutter. “They told me someone’s going to live with me though… Can it be her?”

You your heel in an instant. “Live with you?” Your voice cracked when you said that, the thought was just so…absurd, irritating and unbelievable.

“Yeah.” He nodded nonchalantly.

You just looked at him, dumbfounded.

 

“Housemates.” He smirked.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

first chap! feel free to comment. Thank you for my first subbies! =))