Heart of a Saint, Life of a Sinner - Troyal

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rated NC-16 : Mild Gory Scene/ual Scene

#NowPlaying Taeyeon - Only One

 

HER POV

 

"Umma... Don't... Don't..."

 

"Yoona ah,"

 

"DON'T!" My eyes flung open in shock and I was in sweat, panting away.

 

"Having nightmare again?" Tiffany, my bestfriend and roommate sighed as she sat beside me worriedly.

 

I nodded in response, trying to clear away the haunting nightmare.

 

"I dreamt of umma again..."

 

"Yoong, you know this is not the right way. I'm sure Aunty wouldn't want to see you like this too," Tiffany replied. "Ever since Aunty's death, you'd been in a slump. It's as though all the energy had been out of you. It worries and saddens me."

 

"Fany ah, I'm fine," I tried to perk up, forcing a smile at her. "I'm still living, aren't I?"

 

"Yeahs. As a living corpse," she grimaced and put her hands on my shoulders, turning me to face her. "Im Yoona, it'd been half a year. Mourning is enough. It's time for you to go out and live a life of your own. Aunty Hyori would want to see the usual cheerful daughter, NOT this, crying herself to sleep, being downcast every single day."

 

I bit my lips, knowing that she was right and that I should really pick myself up. But... I can't. I really can't. The image of Mum lying in front of me, with a pool of blood, smiling affectionately to me with her very last breath, was still fresh in my mind. It would never fade off, never be forgotten.

 

"I'll try," however, I knew Tiffany made a point. I should not worry her.

 

"Here comes the first step," she flashed her famous eyesmile immediately. "Let's head to school first."

 

"Of course we should head to school. Today is a school day!" I couldn't help but giggled. This girl was definitely up to something.

 

"Seunghyun baby has a friend that is transferring into our school today. We're going to be in the same class even," she wriggled her brows playfully.

 

Oh no...

 

"TIFFANY HWANG!!" It took me awhile to realise what she was driving at and she was already on her legs, running away. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!"

 

"The BEST remedy to cure a broken heart is to LOVE again!"

 

Arghhh...

 

But, this was where it all started.

 

This, was where I met you.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Babe! Here!"

 

We made our way to school and before we even stepped into school gate, Seunghyun oppa was already there waving for our attention, amidst the sea of fanboys that were waving at us too. We're the school popular girls. People nicknamed me - 'The melacholy beauty' and Tiffany - 'The sunshine beauty'. There's no lack of suitors for us but there's none that caught my eye. I had too much things to think of rather than relationship. As for Tiffany, she picked none of her fanboys, but instead, picked on a rebellious guy - Choi Seunghyun. Seunghyun oppa, a popular guy in the school as well. He wasn't fond of Tiffany at first two and hell, they always quarrelled endlessly. Who knows this actually ended up to be a sweet love story, where they could never be separate from each other now. Call that fate I guess.

 

As we walked through the throngs of people, with me giving brief smiles and trying to endure all the squealings and praisings, I bumped into someone.

 

I looked up and realised that I was in your arms.

 

At that instant, I thought you're the most handsome human that I'd ever seen alive; much more handsome than Seunghyun oppa even.

 

"Wow, just the first meeting and you guys are already hugging?" We broke apart immediately upon hearing Seunghyun oppa's teasings. "See, I told you this would work."

 

"Yeahs, you're the best baby!" Tiffany gave her boyfriend a kiss on the cheek, inducing an uproar from the crowd.

 

"Yah! Tiffany Hwang!" I rolled my eyes in dismay. "Look what you've done! Now, we can NEVER get to class on time."

 

"Opps~" She stuck out her tongue cheekily and shrugged her shoulders, earning more squeals in the process.

 

"Oh right girls, meet Kwon Jiyong. My buddy since young. His mum had passed away recently and well, he decided to be in the same school as me," Seunghyun oppa introduced.

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo, Kwon Jiyong immida~" You gave a formal 90--degree bow and gave us a boyish grin, to which girls from around us started to shriek and squeal.

 

Guess like you would be a popular boy too?

 

Well, of course you are.

 

You're that handsome, that polite, that flawless.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Did you remember how endlessly you got on my nerves with your bubbly and cheerful personality?

 

"Awwww, come on! Answer me, which animal has no eye?"

 

"Aishhh~ Stop bothering me! I need to get this done by today!" I pouted in dismay.

 

"Come on Emo-Im! Try harder!"

 

That's the nickname that you'd given me - Emo-Im.

 

"Aishh! I've no idea!"

 

"That's it! It's deer! No-Eye-Deer!" You burst out laughing by yourself.

 

I tried to hold my laughter and rolled my eyes, giving a sulky expression. 

 

"It's not funny?" You pouted, an action that drove your fangirls crazy.

 

"No. It's lame. Totally."

 

"I'll try harder next time then. I'll make sure you laugh till you're on your stomach," you pursed your lips and flipped that joke book of yours, trying to think of ways to make me smile.

 

I chuckled secretly. I was chuckling, not because of your joke, but because of your childlike behaviour.

 

There's no quitting in your dictionary.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Don't you ever laugh? Or even smile?" As usual, you were still pestering me even if it's after school time.

 

"What do you call me?"

 

"Emo-Im."

 

"Precisely," I rolled my eyes and continued to walk while he caught up with me, walking backwardly.

 

"So if I give you another nickname, you'd change your attitude and be a little more cheerful and sociable?"

 

"Nopes."

 

"Awww! Come on!"

 

"Quit pestering me, Kwon Jiyong! Go disturb Seunghyun oppa instead!"

 

"In case you'd forgotten, your best friend is with my best friend. We're not allowed to disturb their private time," you answered nonchalantly. "Besides, I like hanging out with you."

 

The way you answered my question so truthfully and honestly, made me touched.

 

"You just love to disturb me."

 

"If you like to say that, then yes."

 

"ARGHHHH!"

 

"Give me a smile and I'll scram. How about that?"

 

I remained silent as I saw someone walking towards us with an ice cream cone in his hand. I continued to walk as you walked beside me, walking with your back faced to the front.

 

"What do you think Emo-Im? How about that?"

 

"YAH! BRAT! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!"

 

There, you bumped onto the guy, causing his ice cream to be smeared onto your uniform. You apologised profusely while I laughed hysterically at how ridiculous you looked with the chocolate ice cream smeared all over your school uniform.

 

"You're laughing."

 

That was when I found out that I was actually laughing; the first time in half a year.

 

It was a genuine laugh.

 

"You're seeing things!" I found my face flushing red and walked away hurriedly while you chased me from behind.

 

"I saw it!"

 

Yes, I was laughing.

 

Because of you.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

I will never forget the day that I gave my heart to you.

 

"Umma... Don't... Please don't..."

 

It was a downpour morning and I was absent from school since I was running a really high fever. I was still in bed and experiencing the same old nightmare yet again.

 

"Yoona ah,"

 

It wasn't the same touch that I feel everyday. The hand was a little rough but was gentle nonetheless. The voice heard was a litle rougher and deeper too and I forced open my eyes to see who it was.

 

"You..."

 

"Poor thing... Having a nightmare?" Your brows were furrowed in worry as you my forehead tenderly.

 

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked curiously, feeling my throat burning in the process.

 

"Here, take a drink first," you tucked a pillow behind my back, helping me to sit up and brought me a drink. "Fany told me you're down with a heavy flu and I'm worried about leaving you all alone at home and so, I'm here."

 

No one had ever done this for me; You skipped school just so that you could take care of me.

 

"W-Why are you crying? Feeling uncomfortable?"

 

This, brought tears to my eyes.

 

The wall that I had built around me for the past few months,  were all destroyed so effortlessly by you.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter