Love Me, Not - GyoonYangyulTopfany

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life is full of regrets. It's not difficult to realise that what you want, you rarely get. This goes the same for both Choi Seunghyun and Tiffany Hwang. They were once lovers; so deeply and madly in love. They thought they were meant for each other. Thought. For some unknown reasons, both of them had a peaceful break up one fine day, and on the very next, they were married.

 

Not to each other. But to the good friend of the other party.

 

Puzzling, isn't it?

 

Actually, not quite.

 

They were meant to be together, not meant to get together for eternity. Seunghyun's mother doesn't really fancy Tiffany and this goes the same for Tiffany's mother. Hence, their relationship was never a supported one from the beginning. It's a known fact to all that both parties' mothers had been trying to break them apart. And well, one fine day, they finally succeeded. Tiffany made a pact with her mother that she would break up with Seunghyun, provided that she would stop harassing him, wrecking his life. Seunghyun too, made a deal with his mother that he would call it quits with Tiffany if she stopped disturbing her, ruining her life.

 

Both Chois and Hwangs are influential families. Their powers are on par, but they each have an upper hand at different sector of the economy. Call it coincidence or fate, the Chois held the power of the music and arts industry while the Hwangs was the head of fashion industry. Tiffany was into musicals at that time and hence, she went through a hard time because Seunghyun's mother was making things hard for her. Seunghyun on the other hand, was still a newbie in the fashion industry and met even more obstacles with Tiffany's mother hindering. Both parties knew that it was their mothers' doings and they were forced to make a decision.

 

"Oppa/Fany ah..."

 

"Ladies first..." Seunghyun smiled bitterly, hoping that he would never have to break that devastating news to her.

 

"Oppa, I'm getting married. Tomorrow..." Tiffany tried to put on her best smile, her hands trembling uncontrollably as she handed the wedding invitation to him. "I hope you can turn up..."

 

Seunghyun couldn't believe his ears. He thought he was having a nightmare. A bad nightmare. He bit his cheeks instinctively, hoping to wake up from this nightmare. It did no good. "O-Oh..." He opened the card and saw the names printed on it with fanciful fonts.

 

Dong Youngbae and Tiffany Hwang...

 

It wasn't his name with hers. This wasn't what he had always dreamt about.

 

"C-Congrats..." He didn't know how he manage to do it, but he still did it. He smiled and reached into his pocket, taking a card out as well. "Guess like I can't turn up for your wedding already..."

 

Tiffany blinked as she took the card from his hand. It was a wedding invitation too. She gulped and flipped open the card.

 

Choi Seunghyun and Kwon Yuri...

 

It wasn't what she had expected.

 

"W-Wow..." She let out a dry chuckle, amazed by how fate was playing on them. "C-Congrats too?"

 

Both of their eyes met and the plastered smile on their faces faded away slowly. Seunghyun took the initiative of pulling her into a hug. Tiffany's eyes went watery upon that very hug. The tighter she wrapped her arms around him, the harder she cried.

 

"Stay blissful..." Seunghyun whispered solemnly.

 

"Never. Not without you..." Tiffany choked and broke away from the hug, running away, tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

She never once turned back. Seunghyun watched her back slowly fading into a distant silhouette.

 

He was never a man with tears, but here he was, weeping for his lost love.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Just like any typical romance drama, both of them were brutally torn apart. With a heavy heart, Seunghyun held his wedding reception, with Yuri by his side and Tiffany was married to Youngbae on the very same day. They didn't get to see each other, neither giving each other their blessings. Simply because, they knew these blessings were superficial. They were never be real.

 

Two years passed in a blink of an eye. Tiffany was married to Youngbae for two years and so was Seunghyun. A loveless marriage for both that is. One day, Tiffany was strolling in their backyard with Youngbae, arms linking comfortably around each other.

 

"Nice weather, isn't it?"

 

"Yeahs..."

 

Tiffany didn't hate Youngbae. She knew this had nothing to do with Youngbae. It was her ill-fate and the doings of her mother. Youngbae was a victim too. Besides, he is a sweet guy that never forces her to do things against her wish. Most importantly, he was Seunghyun's good friend. Youngbae wasn't jealous about Tiffany's love for Seunghyun and would even share with her little things about Seunghyun. They could spend hours talking about him. Though they talked about him, they never once met up. Youngbae only kept in contact with Seunghyun through phone calls and video chats, without Tiffany around. Tiffany didn't want to see him. She was afraid of seeing him. Even by hearing his voice, she knew she would go head over heels for him again. In fact, he had never once left her mind.

 

"Tiff, it had been two years already. Time flies, isn't it?" Youngbae rested his arms behind his head, giving a relaxed smile as he looked up at the azure blue sky.

 

"Yeahs..." Tiffany smiled as she laid down beside him, enjoying the bright sun as well. Ever since she broke up with Seunghyun, she was never one with a lot of words. She preferred to think by her own.

 

"How much do you miss Seunghyun?"

 

This, caught Tiffany off guard. Totally.

 

"Why this question?"

 

"I just want to know."

 

"I have never thought about it before."

 

"You have never thought about this question before or that he had always been constantly in your mind? So frequent that you have lost count of it." Youngbae's face was now straight and serious as he stared at Tiffany.

 

"I-I have never thought about this before..." Tiffany looked away guiltily, avoiding his gaze.

 

"You're such a lousy liar, Tiffany Hwang. In fact, you had always been a lousy one." Youngbae sighed and sat up.

 

"W-What..." Tiffany trailed off, silencing by Youngbae's kiss.

 

Before she could even respond, Youngbae had pulled away.

 

"Do you feel anything?"

 

"What?"

 

"Do you feel anything just now when I kissed you? Because, I don't."

 

"What?" Tiffany was full of questions.

 

"I love you Tiffany. But not more than a friend. Just like your feelings towards me." Youngbae explained. "Because, in our hearts, there's that special person that had taken up the place. For your case, it's Seunghyun, and for me, it's Yuri..."

 

"You like Yuri?" Tiffany was shocked. She didn't know this. Not even after spending two years living and sleeping beside him every single night.

 

"I don't like her. I love her. We were about to announce our relationship to you guys but here I'm, receiving an order that I have to marry my goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter