Being Confident - Sujulovee

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love my boyfriend.  Seungri.  I really do.  But there are times where I wonder why I was ever attracted to him.  For one, he’s a couple months younger. Two, he’s not exactly popular.

 

Oh wait, I remember now.  His confidence.  That’s what made him so much more attractive than others.  He was actually confident in trying to court me, while the others seemed too awkward or shy.

 

“Yoong, I’m going to go talk with my teammates, okay?  We’re going to see where we’ll celebrate after our win tonight,”  Seungri said as he interrupted my thoughts.  I nodded at his statement and he hurried to his teammates.

 

Sigh.  But his confidence is also a bad point of him.  It makes him feel almighty at times when he shouldn’t even speak.  Like just now.  He always expects that they will win their basketball game, and while it’s usually true, it just comes off as being cocky.  Plus, he tries to act cool and popular just because he’s on the team.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

My friends and I gathered at the gymnasium for our school’s basketball game.  For most part, it was exciting, but by the fourth quarter, our team had created a big lead by almost 20 points. 

 

Poor Seungri though. 

 

He didn’t get to play for most of the game, and when he did, there was only two minutes left.  I could see that he wanted to score so badly, but he didn’t seem to have any chances.  Until the last few seconds, where he was given the ball to hold. 

 

Big mistake.

 

He dribbled to the basketball hoop and laid the ball up before the buzzer rang.  And that’s when the basketball captain got pissed.

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

“Yah!  Seungri!  What the hell are you doing?!”  Jiyong oppa yelled at Seungri.

 

“W-w-what?  I wanted to score.  What’s wrong with that?  It’s part of the game.”  Seungri said.

 

“What’s wrong?!  What’s wrong with that?!  It’s called sportsmanship when we’re up by like 20 points!  Something that probably didn’t even cross that mind of yours!  I was already pissed about having to add someone else to the team because of Youngbae’s injury, but you’ve just added fuel to the fire!”  Jiyong oppa yelled at Seungri’s face.

 

“Geez, hyung, it’s just a game.  Besides, we were going to win regardless of my score,”  Seungri rebutted.  When he said that, I facepalmed pretty badly.

 

“Do I need to knock some sense into you?!  Yup.  I will.  Tomorrow morning.  Better prepare your mind tonight for the beating you’re going to get.”  Jiyong oppa said in a serious tone.

 

“Whatever, hyung,”  Seungri said in a nonchalant tone.  Jiyong oppa seemed like he wanted to beat up Seungri already, but the rest of the team stopped him and pushed him towards the opposite direction.  When they went out of the gym, I approached Seungri.

 

“Yah, what the hell are you doing?!” 

 

“Not you too, Yoong…”

 

“Why were you acting like an ?  He’s your captain and you should listen to him!  And like he had said, you only got on the team because of the circumstances!”

 

“But Yoong, he didn’t let me play until the end!” 

 

“And that’s his decision as captain!”

 

Seungri sighed.  “Mianhae, Yoong…”

 

“Apologizing to me won’t stop Jiyong oppa from beating you up tomorrow,”  I said before ending with a deep sigh.

 

“W-w-what?  Beat me up?!”

 

“Aigoo, you were acting all tough but you didn’t even realize what he said?!”

 

Aish, this boy.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

A few minutes later, Seungri went straight home because he was scared of bumping into Jiyong oppa again.  I went to look for Jiyong oppa near the boy’s changing room.  As I approached the door, he exited the room.  Right on time.

 

“Jiyong oppa…”

 

“Hmmm?”  He turned to my direction.  “Oh Yoona.  What’s up?  Were you watching the game?”

 

“Yeah, with some of my friends.  Oh, and I’m here to apologize on behalf of my boyfriend’s actions,”  I bowed in apology.

 

“Boyfriend?  Ahh, Seungri?  He’s your boyfriend?!  I didn’t know that.”  I just nodded at his revelation.  “How did he even get such a beautiful girl like you as a girlfriend?  Especially with his attitude?”

 

I blushed at his comment but responded.  “Well no one really knows that we’re dating… and I guess it was because of his confidence.  The same confidence that made you mad.” 

 

“Huh, don’t remind me.  Why couldn’t he just see what he did was wrong?  Honestly, I was planning to give him more playing time in the next game, so I just wanted to test if he was competent enough to stay within the unwritten basketball code and not score the ball.  But I guess not,”  I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

 

“Mianhae, oppa.  Is there anything that he or I can do so that you can reconsider…you know…beating him up?”  I asked slowly.

 

He seemed to start thinking about a way, but I’ve known him long enough to know he was just faking it and probably had something in mind already.  “Anything, huh?  Something to make me reconsider?  Ahhh, I got it!”

 

“What is it, oppa?”

 

He pointed to his lips.

 

“What?  What about your lips?”  He puckered up his lips, and pointed again.  “Lips…?  Yah, oppa!  I have a boyfriend!  He may be a pabo of a boyfriend, but a boyfriend nonetheless!”

 

“What, Yoona?  It’s just one kiss. To save your boyfriend, remember?”  I hesitated, but then nodded in agreement.  Jiyong oppa swiftly pulled me in, and while I was still reacting in shock, he gave me a quick peck on the lips.  It wasn’t my first kiss, as I’ve kissed Seungri a couple times before, but it felt…different.  I’ve only kissed Seungri when we were alone.

 

It felt…natural and sweet.  And the fact that it was in public felt nice.

 

As the kiss ended, I pulled away and looked away to hide my blush.  Jiyong oppa chuckled a bit.  “Yoona, don’t worry.  I won’t tell your boyfriend that you blushed during our kiss,”  He said cheekily.

 

“Y-y-yah!”

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

The next school day came, just like what Jiyong oppa had promised, Seungri wasn’t beaten up. 

 

Technically.

 

In the morning, Seungri and I were walking near the gym, when all of a sudden, some members of the basketball team surrounded us.  “W-w-what’s up, guys?”  Seungri asked with a hint of fear.  They didn’t answer and instead took hold of Seungri.

 

“Aye Seungri.  I hope you remember what I said to you yesterday.  You’re in for a beating,”  Jiyong oppa said as he arrived at the scene.  I stared at him to see his intentions and we met eyes.  He winked at me, signaling that he was still abiding to his promise.

 

“M-m-mianhae, hyung.  I’m sorry for what I did and I promise I won’t do it again.  C-c-can you please let me go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter