Day 5

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Ughhh~”

 

Yuri groaned and stirred from her sleep. She touched the space beside her and immediately bolted up when it was empty. Kwon seobang immediately panicked. She rushes outside not bothering to fix herself.

 

“Sica!” Yuri yelled but instantly stopped when she saw Jessica talking to Wangoo umma. She sighed in relief whilst the two women stared at her with a weird expression on their faces.

 

Yuri shyly scratched the back of her neck as she makes her way towards the two. “Good morning Wangoo umma”

 

“Are you okay Yuri-ah? You look lost?” Wangoo umma asked worriedly.

 

I’m fine umma…” Yuri let out a nervously chuckle. “I’m really not that accustomed to wake up alone”

 

Yuri took Jessica’s hand and intertwined it with hers. She looked at Jessica with a loving gaze causing the older girl to look away shyly with a blush on her face.

 

“Aigooo~ what a cute couple~” Wangoo umma commented.

 

“Wangoo umma what were you two talking about?” Yuri asked looking back and forth to Jessica then to Wangoo umma.

 

“Oh…I was just asking Jessica here for a little favour” Wangoo umma turned to Jessica and flashed her lovely motherly smile. “And she immediately said yes…”

 

“Really? And what favour is that umma?”

 

“Wel...you see the elders here in Yoochiri will have a small gathering tonight and one of the elders is worried that she might not get to attend the gathering because she’s taking care of her granddaughter because her daughter and the husband are on their business trip”

 

“Oh so you want us to baby sit?” Yuri asked cheerfully earning a nod from Jessica and Wangoo umma.

 

“Yes…like what you and the other girls did back then” Wangoo umma shyly said. “I was hoping I could talk to you but when I arrived here you were still sleeping and I unintentionally woke Jessica up”

 

“Oh so that’s why sleeping princess woke up early” Yuri teased Jessica earning a glare from the older girl and an amused chuckle from the even older woman. “We’ll be glad to take care of the baby…”

 

“Really?” Wangoo umma asked in excitement. Yuri released Jessica’s hand then drapes her arms over Jessica’s shoulder and pulled the latter close to her. The ‘couple’ nodded their heads in response. “Thank you…thank you…thank you…I’ll come by later to drop the kid”

 

“No need umma…just give us the address and we’ll go there ourselves”

 

“Okay…” Wangoo umma nodded her head and then wrote the address in Yuri’s palm. “Thank you Yuri, Jessica…you two are really lovely”

 

After that Wangoo umma bid goodbye to the two love birds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning halmeoni~” Yuri greeted happily when an elderly woman opened the door.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” Jessica greeted with a warm smile on her face and bowed a couple of times.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Jessica, Yuri” the older woman greeted and opened the door widely for Yuri and Jessica to enter. “I’m sorry to trouble the both of you”

 

“Nonono halmeoni~” Yuri waved her hands. “It’s okay. We aren’t doing anything special today anyways…and besides, Jessica really wanted to try taking care of kids”

 

“Really?” Halmeoni asked earning a nod from Yuri but Jessica just smile. Seeing the duo’s intertwined hands, the older woman can’t help but smile and say. “Oh~ you both want to try a hands-on…I get it”

 

Halmeoni flashed a knowing smile to the younger girls who immediately blushed. Jessica looked away and was about to let Yuri’s hand go but the taller girl held on to her hand tightly, not forgetting to give it a little squeeze.

 

Yuri smiled to the halmeoni, her face still showing some faint tint of pink. “You can say that halmeoni”

 

“I should warn you though…having a kid is not that easy” halmeoni looked at the 4 months old baby laying on the baby crib.

 

“We know halmeoni…but I think Jessica can manage it” Yuri walked beside halmeoni, taking a glimpse of the cute baby girl on the crib. The baby frowned and was about to cry seeing an unfamiliar face.

 

“Oh soooo cute~~” Yuri kept showing her cute face to the baby who just stared blankly at her. She also starts doing merong to the baby but all she receives is a blank stare. “What’s her name halmeoni?”

 

“Her name is Gabby…” halmeoni answered as she steps back to leave Yuri alone in the baby’s sight.

 

“Uuuu…uuuu…uwaaaaaah! Uwaaaaaa!” and the baby finally cried because she can’t see a familiar face anymore. Yuri immediately panicked when the baby started crying loudly.

 

“Oh nononono~ don’t cry baby~” Yuri tried to coax the baby but it didn’t help.

 

Halmeoni just watched as Yuri panicked because of the baby. She glanced at Jessica as the girl calmly stood up went to her Yuri’s side, looking at the crying little one on the crib. Halmeoni just stood there and watched in anticipation with a smile on her face.

 

“Sica-ah~ help~” Yuri made a cute pouting face to Jessica for the older girl to help her.

 

“Yul remember when we took care of Kyungsan? He didn’t like me one bit” Jessica calmly stated.

 

“But that was long time ago…” Yuri whines and the baby continues to cry, her face is already red which made Yuri panicked more. “And besides different baby have different attitude please~ maybe Gabby will like you because you both have American name”

 

“Okay” Jessica let out a sigh as she turned her attention back to the baby. She stretched out her index finger and poked the baby on her cheeks.

 

“Yah Sica! I told you to make her stop not–” Yuri’s words were cut the crying suddenly died down. She shot a questioning look at the baby who is now calm and trying to catch Jessica’s index finger. Yuri smiled as well when she saw Jessica’s smiling sweetly at the baby. She immediately back hugged the Jessica then rested her chin on the older girl’s shoulder. “I didn’t know you have that kind of magic”

 

“As you said, Yul…different babies have different attitude” Jessica turned to Yuri then smiled sweetly at the taller girl who was back hugging her. “And besides we connect”

 

Yuri smiled as she turned her attention to the little one who is now gripping Jessica’s index finger with her little hand. A cute smile spread on her face as she looks up at the owner of the index finger she was gripping. The two were lost in their own world forgetting that Gabby’s grandma was still standing there with a smile on her face.

 

“Honestly, I think you two will survive just fine if ever you decided to have a family” halmeoni’s comment made Jessica turned to her and Yuri to look at the older woman with a wide grin. “I think Jessica will be the disciplinarian in the family whilst Yuri will be the one to spoil your kids”

 

“Your kids…I like that” both Jessica and Yuri think at the same time.

 

“Oh look at the time~” halmeoni looked at her watch and immediately put on her robe. “The house is all yours…see you later love birds~”

 

“See you later halmeoni~~” Yuri was the one who walked halmeoni out of the door because Jessica was too preoccupied at the moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After almost an hour of crying and coaxing, Gabby had finally acknowledged Yuri. A cute chuckle can be heard from inside the room. Yuri was lying on her back as she pushed baby Gabby up and down like the baby was a dumbbell. Every time the baby will go down to her face, Yuri will kiss the baby’s nose, earning a giggle from the baby. They were too busy to notice that Jessica was watching them.

 

“Yuri-ah~” Jessica sweetly called out.

 

Yuri stopped what she was doing and looked up to see Jessica leaning on the door frame looking at them with a content smile on her face. Gabby stopped chuckled and slightly looked up as well then let out another cute baby chuckle as she opens and closes her small hands, like signalling Jessica to lift her.

 

“Gabby wants you Sica” Yuri slowly sits up with baby Gabby still in her arms. Jessica sits beside Yuri and handed the bottle of warm milk to the tanned girl then took the baby from Yuri.

 

Amazingly, baby Gabby grew fond of Jessica with every passing minute they’ve spend with each other. Yuri will always be ignored every time baby Gabby will see Jessica in the same room as hers. The only time Yuri can spend time with the baby is if Jessica’s isn’t in around. Yuri checked the baby milk if it’s okay for Gabby to drink it.

 

“Here…” Yuri handed the milk back to Jessica and the ‘umma’ feeds the baby.

 

Yuri’s head is lying on Jessica’s thigh whilst baby Gabby was too busy on her bottle. Jessica just watched the baby in amazement. Slowly Gabby’s eyelids started to become heavy and Jessica noticed. Gabby’s free hand were groping Jessica’s chest earning a chuckle from the latter. Curious, Yuri lifted her head up from Jessica’s thigh.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Yuri asked Jessica curiously. Jessica just looked at the baby in her arms. Yuri followed Jessica’s gaze and then giggled. “She wants milk, Sica-ah~”

 

Jessica chuckled again. “Sorry Gabby…auntie Jessi can’t give you milk”

 

“We can work on that” Yuri wiggled her eyebrows up and down as she smiled mischievously at Jessica.

 

“Aiiish…don’t be a byun Yul…” Jessica reprimanded the kkab that she loves the most. “We have a baby in the room”

 

“You don’t like it?” Yuri pouted as she stood up from the bed.

 

“Where are you going?” Jessica asked worriedly.

 

“Out…” Yuri said nonchalantly. “I’m going to cook lunch be back in a few”

 

Yuri kissed Jessica’s crown before leaving the two on the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was already evening and still Gabby’s halmeoni hasn’t come back yet. Jessica was lying on the bed whilst Yuri’s head is resting on her stomach. Baby Gabby is beside Jessica, already sleeping. Their day is very tiring and they can’t argue with that. Having a baby is indeed not that easy. But on the bright side, halmeoni’s prediction did come true. Yuri spoiled Gabby very much whilst Jessica kept scolding her Yuri.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter