Mistake (3)

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is that even a good idea?” Amber asked as soon as Krystal ended the call. She overheard Krystal’s little chat with Yuri and she wasn’t amused.

“Whatever” Krystal rolled her eyes and walked away from Amber.

“I mean why Yuri-unnie?” Amber followed the younger Jung. “Shouldn’t you be calling him instead? He’s the boyfriend after all”

“He wouldn’t mind” Krystal shrugs. “And besides, he’s always too busy for her”

“Why do I get the feeling that you don’t like him?” Amber sat down and watched Krystal closely.

“’Cause I don’t” Krystal bluntly replied. “Jess is my older sister. But sometimes she makes decisions I don’t like but that won’t stop me from being her sister and acting like one”

Amber shook her head. “You should not meddle, Krys”

Krystal shrugs. “She’s my sister, I’ll meddle anytime I want”

 

//

 

“OH MY!” Umma Kwon couldn’t contain her happiness as soon as she saw Yuri walked in with Jessica following closely behind.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Kwo–”

Jessica was about to give a small bow but she was immediately put in a tight hug. She smiles warmly and returned the hug with much more enthusiasm. She missed this, she missed them.

“Mrs. Kwon?” Hyukjun walked out and patted Jessica on the back while she was still in their mother’s embrace. “I thought we agreed it was umma from now on? Good to see you again, Jess”

Jessica smiles warmly. After what happened she didn’t think she still has the right to call Yuri’s parents umma and appa.

“Come” Mrs. Kwon held Jessica’s hand. “I’ll make your favorite”

“Oppa, Jessica’s car broke down and I need a hand

Hyukjun nodded his head to his little sister. “I’ll just get the tools”

 

//

 

“Why you?” Hyukjun spoke while he twist the wrench. “I mean doesn’t the news says she has a boyfriend”

Yuri who had her back facing Hyukjun and leaning on the side of the car stayed silent. Her mind deep in thought.

“Could you start the engine please?”

But Hyukjun’s order fell on deaf ears. He furrowed his brows and lift his head up to turn to his sister. “Earth to Kwon Yuri” he snapped his fingers in front of Yuri’s face.

Yuri blinked innocently.

“Kwon seriously? The engine?”

Yuri snapped back to her senses and start the car but failed.

Hyukjun shook his head. “This is out of my power. We need to call the mechanic first thing tomorrow” he spoke while wiping his hands with a rug.

“That means…”

Hyukjun smiles widely. “Sleepover~!” he imitated a girl being all excited about sleeping over. “Deal with it” he handed Yuri the dirty rug before walking past the younger Kwon straight to the latter’s car.

“You don’t plan on talking to her aren’t you?” Hyukjun asked while he fasten his seatbelt.

“We don’t exactly have anything to talk about” Yuri let out sigh.

Hyukjun looked at Yuri with one brow arched up. “I thought girls never ran out of topic to talk about. I mean it’s in your nature to talk about just anything, right?”

Yuri shook her head. “Jessica isn’t actually the talkative type”

“Oh…” Hyukjun made an ‘o’ expression. “I thought you’ve already melted the ice?”

“That was 3 years ago”

 

//

 

Yuri and Hyukjun returned a little later than expected. Yuri saw Jessica out in the garden talking to someone on her phone.

Must be the boyfriend

Yuri shook her head.

I’ve been shaking my head a lot. Should stop that habit might damage my brain

And Yuri shook her head again.

“Want to break it to her?”

Yuri slightly bend her body because Hyukjun’s face was inches away from her.

“Personal space” the younger Kwon mumbles forcing Hyukjun to move away. “I think she’ll handle it well if you tell her. I’ll just take a bath”

Yuri didn’t gave her brother time to react, she was already on her way to her room for a much needed bath. She took her time, taking a leisurely bath not minding the people downstairs. Oh scratch that! She’s just under the running shower.

The water was cold and the coldness is numbing her senses and entire body, Yuri like it this way. It feels like she has control over her senses –her emotions.

A knock on the door pulled her out from her reverie.

“Yuri…” Jessica’s chime like voice echoed inside her head. “Dinner is ready”

Yuri thought the flowing water might’ve at least drowned Jessica’s voice but it didn’t, no help at all. What’s worst, it even felt like she was speaking directly into Yuri’s ears.

Letting out a defeated sigh, it was no use. With Jessica around her senses are heightened. Turning off the faucet, Yuri was greeted by the cold breeze of the night.

“I’ll be down in a sec”

Yuri heard walking then door opening and closing.

 

The dinner went well, too well actually. Her father and brother were joking around, Jessica’s chime like laughter can also be heard, her mother was also smiling and laughing, so what’s with her? Why was she silent?

If it was 3 years ago, she might’ve joined her brother and father goofing around but she didn’t. Does that mean she matured? Or is her brain is just to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter