Terrified [1]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Please tell me you’re not being serious?” Jessica angrily asked.

 

Mr. Jung shook his head. “I’m serious, Jess. I’ll marry her”

 

“You gotta be kidding me!” Jessica frantically waved her hands in the air. “For godsakes dad! She’s younger than you! Heck! She’s even younger than me! What made you think she loves you and not your money?”

 

“Jessica…” Mr. Jung leaned back on his seat. He rubs his forehead as he sighs. “She’s pregnant”

 

Jessica’s mouth dropped. “You’re disgusting!”

 

And that was the last time Mr. Jung saw his only daughter. He vaguely remembered her walking out of his office, walking out of his life.

It wasn’t his intention to get the girl pregnant. But he did and being a good man meant that he has to take full responsibility to the unborn child.

Though it didn’t occur to him that he will lose a daughter. To where did Jessica go? He doesn’t know.

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

Jessica didn’t waste time and went back to Korea, the country her mother loves so much.

Jessica grew to love Korea and this little town in Goyang because her mother used to take her there all the time.

The people there were nice and they love Mommy Jung.

That is exactly where Jessica is going.

She knew about them having a villa there so she decided to stay there for a while before she goes back to Seoul to search for a job.

Thankfully, her mother’s credit cards were loaded enough to feed Jessica for 5 years.

As soon as she stepped out of the airport, she breathe in the fresh air of Korea. She flashed a little smile as she scans her surroundings.

 

“I’m finally home mom” Jessica headed straight to the parking lot. She did remember of her mother owning a car. “If my memory serves me right. It will be… around–”

 

Jessica heard a beeping sound and quickly approached the white BMW.

 

“A BMW” Jessica nodded her head in approval. “Good taste, mom”

 

Jessica hopped in and proceed to her destination.

Jessica was already nearing town when she spotted something–more like someone–lying on the side of the road. She quickly manoeuvre the steering wheel and parked the car few meters away from the body.

Jessica got out of the car and approached the lying girl. She was contemplating whether to leave the girl be or should she help her.

Fortunately, Mommy Jung’s kind and helping nature rubs off on her so she decided to help the poor girl.

 

“Nurse help!” Jessica burst out thru the front door yelling which caught the attention of many nurses.

 

They hurriedly went to Jessica’s car and they saw a bloody girl lying lifelessly on the back seat.

One immediately got a stretcher and they carefully carried the girl to it, afraid that she might have a broken neck or something and they will just aggravate it.

While they were pushing the girl into the hospital, one nurse, with a clipboard on hand and a pen on the other, was interviewing Jessica.

 

“Miss may I know the name of the patient?”

 

“Err…” Jessica scratched the back of her head. “I don’t know”

 

“Aren’t you a friend?”

 

Jessica shook her head. “No. I was just on my way here when I saw her lying on the side of the road. Her lower body was submerge on the water while the upper was on the dirty ground. I saw blood so I immediately helped her”

 

“I understand, Miss” The nurse nodded her head in understanding.

 

It wasn’t new to her of people helping people.

In fact, it was like that almost every day. This small town is crawling with good Samaritans that’s for sure.

 

“Then may I know your name?”

 

“Uhm… Jessica… Jung Jessica”

 

The nurse stopped writing then turned to the girl. “Miss Jung?!”

 

The nurse immediately bowed 90o like she’s in a presence of a royalty.

 

“That’s not necessary” Jessica let out an awkward chuckle. She made the nurse to stand properly to avoid people staring at them. “Really, you don’t have to bow to me. I’m just Jessica but I need a favour to ask”

 

“Anything Miss Jung” the nurse eagerly replied.

 

“Call me Jessica and…” Jessica took out her phone. “I need your number…”

 

The nurse immediately gave her number to Jessica. The latter quickly dialled called the number then a beeping sound was heard. “I need you to keep an eye on that girl I just brought in”

 

“Yes Miss Ju–” the nurse stopped then corrected herself. “–Jessica”

 

“Call me when she gets out of the emergency room, okay?”

 

“Okay…” the nurse nodded her head.

 

“I’ll be waiting” Jessica returned to her car then speed off.

 

♦♦♦

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter