Once In A Lifetime [3/3]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Graduation Day

Yuri was roaming around the halls in any minute she will finally say bye-bye to her high school life. She silently thanked god for giving her such amazing friends and also for letting her meet Jessica. Yuri was looking at the large field, the field where she saw Jessica being bullied. She unconsciously smiled as she made her way towards the field. While walking, Yuri heard someone talking. She stopped on her tracks as the two voices became louder and clearer.

“Hyung what’s with you and Jessica-shii?”

[Jessica? oh… must be Nickhun and Wooyoung… better go now…]

Yuri heard Nickhun and Wooyoung talking. She was about to walk away but what she heard made her stop.

“The us dating thing? It’s just nothing… something I agreed on to make Victoria accept my confession.”

[What?!]

“What did you do hyung?”

“Well Victoria told me that if I helped her and her friend get Yuri then she will accept me as a boyfriend.”

“And you accepted it? Why? Didn’t you bother to think that maybe… just maybe… your friendship with Yuri might cave in because of this?”

“Wooyoung… what can I do? I’m so in love with Victoria that I’m willing to do whatever she tells me to do…”

“Then what about Jessica-shii? What if she falls for you during the process?”

“I don’t know… I’ll dump her I guess.”

[Hell! You’re going to hurt the girl that I love?!]

“Hyung what kind of answer is that?!” Wooyoung started to raise his voice but Nickhun kept calm. The two guys were obviously oblivious to the angry tanned girl’s presence. The two stopped talking when they heard someone approaching their way.

The two guys were greeted by an angry tanned girl. She was glaring at them. Actually she was just glaring at Nickhun. The two had a staring contest. Nickhun swallowed the lump on as the tanned girl walk closer and closer to him. Wooyoung just move away from Nickhun.

 

 

 

 

“Guys… have you seen Wooyoung and Nickhun? I can’t find them anywhere…” the seongsaenim asked. The ceremony was about to start and the two guys was nowhere to be found. The students were too busy to pay attention to their seongsaenim.

“Guys anyone seen Yuri? I can’t seem to find her?” Jessica whispered to her friends.

“Maybe she’s in the corridor or something… at times like this she prefer to be alone.” Taeyeon informed Jessica.

“Don’t worry Jessi… Yoobin is already looking for her.” Uee assured her. Jessica nodded her head in understanding and sat back on her seat.

After a couple of minutes Jessica started to become impatient. She wasn’t feeling good because Yuri wasn’t around. So she decided to walk around and search for Yuri and Yoobin. After walking and walking. She saw a tall, girl with jet black hair. She slowly approach the figure but it started to walk in a fast pace. Unconsciously, Jessica started to speed up on her tracks to catch up with the figure.

The figure made a right turn and Jessica was about to follow but stopped when she heard voices. She stayed hidden but the voices were clear for her to eavesdrop. Jessica pecked a little so that she will know whom the voices belongs to. She found Yoobin, Yuri, Nickhun and Wooyoung. Yuri was holding Yoobin’s hand like she was stopping Yoobin from punching Nickhun.

“Yul?!” Nickhun blurted out when she saw Yuri coming out of nowhere to stopped Yoobin from punching him.

“GODDAMNIT YURI!! STOP BEING SO NICE FOR ONCE!!!” Yoobin snapped and yelled at Yuri.

“Yoobin calm down… this is not the right way to settle this…” Yuri said in a calm manner.

“YURI ONCE YOU BACKSTABBED YOUR FRIEND THERE’S NO RIGHT WAY ANYMORE! SO MOVE!” Yoobin roughly pushed Yuri away. She was about to punch Nickhun again but was stopped by Yuri again. Nickhun let out a relieved sigh.

“Enough Yoobin… lets go” Yuri grabbed Yoobin’s wrist and pulled her away.

“No Yuri! Tell him tell! Him everything… tell him that you’re Jessica’s admirer tell him how much he hurt you when he stole your girl”

“What??” Nickhun and Wooyoung said in unison. Jessica on the other hand, heard it as well. Her eyes widen ad she also said what silently. So that no one will hear her.

“I said that’s enough Yoobin let’s go… seongsaenim might be looking for us.” Yuri didn’t bother to react on the questioning eyes that kept eyeing her. she started to walk and Yoobin followed suit. Jesica ran as fast as she can back to their room. As soon as she entered the room, the rest of the gang eyed her worriedly. Her expression was blank and she was spacing out.

“You okay Jessi? What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

“Yea… nothing…” Jessica assured them with a smile. She went to her bag and took out a book, which is labelled as, ‘My Diary’. Jessica carefully flipped the pages and stooped. She looked from side to side afraid that someone might catch her reading her own diary.

 

Dear Diary,

                Today is already my second week in SM High and I would like to say that… that school is a hell for me! I can’t believe that it’s an exclusive school! The students are just so. I can’t even put to words how to describe them! I hate SM High! All students there are so judgemental just because they have money and power they look down on poor people just like me! Arrgggh! I hate this! I hate SM High… opps… sorry my bad. I don’t hate it completely. I still love it there because of Kwon Yuri… Yes, the daughter of President Kwon, the president of Korea.  Kwon Yuri saved me from the bullies today. She literally threw herself in the middle of the fight just to protect me. I don’t know why she did that but I was thankful. My heart ached when I say the cut on her perfect lips. I don’t know… but when our hands touched I felt this strong connection between us. I just hope I wasn’t the only one who felt it.

 

Dear Diary,

                Today I went to the bathroom do my business and I overheard some girls talking to each other. It was about Yuri… they were saying that Yuri was looking everywhere for me. They also said that Yuri was practically turned the school upside down just to see me. My heart started to sing a happy song because of that but sadly I have to go back to reality that she and I will never be together. She was practically the heaven and I was the dirt. I just wish this heart of mine will stop liking her already.

 

Dear Diary,

                Today Yuri was running as fast as she can to catch up with me. She came from the other side of the halls and run all the way to the other side where I was. Her action is really sweet but I have to keep a cold mask to push her away. Even if I don’t want to, I have to… It’s not that I don’t like her… I really, really like her… heck I think I’m already in love with her but I have to keep this cold act so that she will not fall for me and I will not fall for her which is I guess too late for me already. She caught up with me. She even held me by my wrist. I felt another spark inside my body and I felt my insides twirl just like the first time. I tried to keep an annoying expression and I also told her harsh words to stop her from following me. Before she hung her head low I was able to see her hurt expression. The hurt feeling inside of me was hundred times, especially when she gave me weak nod and walked away from me. My heart broke into tiny little pieces and tear started to form in my eyes. I have to keep up with this act since I know we can never be together.

 

Dear Diary,

                Today I have mixed emotions, both a happy and sad… I am happy because Yuri and I share a kiss J well... It was an indirect kiss but still in counts right? It’s still a kiss. She really caught me off guard when she gently shoved the chopstick on my mouth. I swear I heard a couple of gasp. I wanted to turn to them to give them a smirk. That’s right… out of the many student here in SM High. The president’s daughter, Kwon Yuri, the most popular and rich kid in this school wanted to have her lunch with me. That’s right! Me! Jessica Jung! In your faces! But after that I have to leave quickly to prevent Yuri from seeing my reddened cheeks. I’ve already hid it long enough… I don’t want her to know that I like her, besides what difference will it make… [Sigh]

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter