One Last Time

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re here again…” Taeyeon watched Yuri tiredly slumped her body on the sofa beside her. “Why are you here again?”

 

Yuri let out a yawn, not bothering to answer Taeyeon and just watch what the little leader is watching.

 

Yuri feels lonely, her house must be too big yet too silent for a kkab like her. Taeyeon nods her head in understanding. There’s no need to elaborate on that because she knows exactly what Yuri feels. There’s no need to beat around the bush because Yuri is a clear Yuri especially with her feelings.

 

“So what happened?”

 

“What do you mean what happened?”

 

Taeyeon shrugs. “You tell me. One moment I saw you talking to Jessica and the next the both of were gone”

 

Yuri sighs. “We just talked”

 

Obviously, Yuri doesn’t want to talk about it but Taeyeon can clearly see that the tanned girl is conflicted. She would space out from time to time then came out a sigh. And that repeated for about 5 times already.

 

“Want to watch Tiffany’s choreo again?” Taeyeon smiles ertedly which caused Yuri to chuckle.

 

Yuri is glad that Taeyeon got the hint and didn’t pry more but she knew she had to tell Taeyeon everything. She needs someone to vent out her feelings to, and who’s the best candidate than the ever silent and best listener kid leader.

 

“I have a better idea”

 

 

 

›››

 

 

 

“Really?!” Sunny poked the inside of her cheeks with her tongue as she stares at the event happening in front of her.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri—being the superstar that they are—can’t just go out in public and get drunk so they resort in creating their own mini restaurant with grill in the middle, different side dishes at the side and finally bottles of soju on the floor.

 

“Sunny-ah!” Yuri greeted. She waves her hand beckoning Sunny towards them. “Come drink with us”

 

Sunny shakes her head. First seeing these two erts corrupt Yoong’s mind now this? This is the last time I’ll crash in this dorm. She thought but nonetheless she occupied the left side of Yuri.

 

 

Yuri smiles. What better way to get wasted than to invite a heavy drinker like Sunny? “So Sunny, how’s the radio show?” she asks while pouring soju on Sunny’s glass.

 

“Same old, same old” Sunny shrugs and empty her glass with one chug. “So what happened between you and Sica? I thought you two had ‘the talk’?”

 

Yuri and Sunny jerked when Taeyeon suddenly hit the table, obviously she’s drunk. Two bottles is her limit and she already had two and a half. “I’ve been asking her that ever since we started this” and she made a circling gesture above the table before chugging down her own glass. Soju running down from the corners of .

 

“Seriously this kid” Yuri shakes her head while she takes a napkin to wipe Taeyeon’s face.

 

Taeyeon might be the leader that takes good care of them but when they’re drinking, she becomes this kid that everyone likes taking care of. And the best thing about the kid leader? Even if she’s drunk, she still listens, remembers everything and give amazing advice. That’s how awesome she is, and everyone loves her for that—and also the fact that she’s dorky, cool, beautiful, has an amazing voice, a goddess, etc.

 

“She’s been asking you since earlier, why aren’t you telling her?”

 

Yuri smiles and affectionately rubs her hands on Taeyeon’s hair—like how a mother would rub her daughter’s hair. “I’ve been telling her and re-telling her for four times” her smile disappeared. “We needed a break”

 

 

 

Yuri kept tapping her fingers to the table while looking left and right. She doesn’t know why but she can’t seem to stay still.

 

Jessica frowns, Yuri was never like this when they’re together. She know the tapping is the tanned girl’s mannerism whenever she’s anxious. Do I make her anxious? “Relax Yuri no one will see us”

 

Yuri immediately stop tapping. She didn’t realize it, and no, she doesn’t think she’s anxious. Nervous maybe—because she’s sitting in front of Jessica—but not anxious. “So how long will you be staying?”

 

Jessica and Yuri nods curtly to the waiter while he placed their orders on the table. They both mumbled a ‘thank you’ before he leaves.

 

“I’ll fly back to Cali tomorrow morning” Jessica answered before taking a sip in her coffee. “I just wanted to see you before I leave”

 

Yuri nods her head. She doesn’t know what to say or feel? Should she feel happy? Jessica made an effort of going to their dorm just to see her. Isn’t this the effort she’s been telling Taeyeon about? The effort she wanted Jessica to take for their relationship to work?

 

“You’ve been ignoring my calls and messages” Jessica added since Yuri stayed mum and it seems she doesn’t plan on talking anytime soon.

 

Yuri sighs as she leans back on her seat. That’s not true, she’s not ignoring Jessica. She just doesn’t know what’s up with her lately—that or maybe she’s just tired of chasing Jessica like a dog. “I’ve been busy”

 

Ever since Jessica left it was always Yuri doing all the effort; going to Hong Kong, Paris, California, practically everywhere just to be with Jessica. She would fly across the globe to be with Jessica for a couple of hours then fly back to Korea or wherever because she has schedule the next day. She endured the jet lags for Jessica, she endured being called unprofessional by companies because she’s always tardy for the sake of their relationship.

 

For almost 4years she endured everything with Jessica not showing effort on her side. Relationships are supposed to be give and take, then why is Yuri the only one giving while Jessica is just taking? Maybe the last straw was Tiffany, the girl is on the other side of the world for s sakes! Yet she still manage to make an effort for Taeyeon. To make the kid leader feel her love; and Taeyeon doesn’t even have to go to California every ing week.

 

“I understand” Jessica flashed a tight lip smile before taking another sip on her coffee. “You’re tired of running back and forth just to see me. You’re tired of enduring more than 12hrs of flight just to be with me for an hour max. I get it”

 

Yuri sighs while rubbing her forehead. “Maybe I am… but I won’t be if you were giving the same for this relationship. Jessica…” she bit her tongue when she saw Jessica’s shoulders stiffened. She sighs again. “Sica, all I ask is a little effort from your side. Is it that hard?”

 

Jessica lowers her head. Not it’s not, but she was never the one who makes the first move, she’s too proud for that. And because of that, it never crossed her mind that this would be happening. Yuri ignoring her, Yuri not making efforts to see her, Yuri not running to wherever she goes. Yuri didn’t change, she just got tired.

 

“We need a break, Sica” Jessica’s head snapped up but the tanned girl is looking outside. Avoiding Jessica’s eyes. “And I’m taking this break to love myself. Because I can’t love you like before I don’t love myself. I’m sorry”

 

Yuri stood up and gave Jessica a 90o bow before leaving. While all Jessica could do is sit there and watch the tanned girl leave her.

 

 

 

 

Yuri groans and blocks the sun’s ray using her hand as she slowly opens her eyes. Goddamnit! Her world is spinning with just little movements. Note to self, never go drinking with Sunny. She was too busy cursing all the alcohols in the world and vowing not to drink again that she didn’t hear the door opened.

 

“Hey”

 

Yuri slowly turns her head to the door causing her to groan again, not because of the person but because of the spinning world. She felt the corner of her bed dipped indicating that someone had sat on it. “I thought you left?”

 

Jessica shrugs. “It’s only for a week. I think they’ll survive” she took the pill and glass of water that was sitting silently on Yuri’s nightstand. “Drink this”

 

Yuri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter