Selfish [1/3]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why won’t she like me back?”

“Did I do something wrong to her to make her be that way to me?”

“Did I even offend her?”

A certain tanned girl with black hair was lying on the couch inside her room. She keep murmuring those words to herself while throwing her football pillow in the air and catching it. It was a Friday afternoon and she just came back from school. Even if it’s a Friday she doesn’t go out and have a little party with her friends. It’s not that she doesn’t have a social life it’s just that…

[Knock! Knock!]

“Miss Yuri?”

Yuri’s murmuring was cut short when someone entered her room. “Neh Butler Shin? What can I do for you?”

“Mr President wanted me to inform you that he will be home late tonight. There’s something he has to do. You know… Law issues.” there it is, the reason why she’s not enjoying her Friday life, her status. Yuri is the only child of the current President of Korea; President Kwon.

“No worries Butler Shin… I’m used to it you don’t have to inform me.” Yuri smiled at Butler Shin and resumed throwing the pillow, absentmindedly.

“Oh and uh… Miss Yuri, Miss Kim is here…”

“Jinjja? Okay… tell her to come here…” Butler Shin nodded his head and went outside. After a couple of minutes a Taeyeon entered Yuri’s room.

“Sup Yul…”

“Taeng… what are you doing here buddy? Here to ask me to come with you again?” Yuri asked Taeyeon without looking at the girl. She continues to throw the pillow and catch it. Taeyeon is the daughter of Korea’s Prime Minister. Yuri and Taeyeon knew each other since they were little because their fathers always bring them whenever they go to small gatherings. Because they were at the same age bracket they become best friends. They even went to an exclusive school together. They were practically inseparable.

Taeyeon is the complete opposite of Yuri when it comes to the public eyes. Taeyeon always go to parties, for the paparazzi whilst Yuri will just stay behind shadows to avoid paparazzi. But what makes them click is that they share the same discipline. They are both at the top of their class standings and they are even part of the singing and dancing club. And what makes them more loved by the students is that there is no discrimination on their eyes even though they are considered as the powerful lass on their generation. They are the type of girls who doesn’t give a damn about status.

“You bet… so are you coming? Tiffany will be there… and wherever Tiffany is… best friend Jessica is with her.” Taeyeon smirk and wait intently for Yuri’s expression to change but nothing happened. Yuri just continues to stare blankly at the ceiling and throwing the pillow. Taeyeon got a little annoyed and snatched the pillow before Yuri caught it.

“Yah! Give me back my pillow!” Yuri tried to reach to pillow but Taeyeon stretched out her hand to stop her.

“Yul give me an answer now… will you come or not? And what are you doing here moping on your room? Did something happen between you and Jessica again?” Taeyeon was still holding the pillow on her other hand while the other was on Yuri’s face. Yuri sighed and leaned back on couch she was recently lying on. Her arms are crossed in front of her chest.

 

“Jessica-shii! Jessica-shii! Jessica-shii please wait…” Yuri was running as fast as she can to catch up with the girl who has a blonde hair. Jessica was a little annoyed because Yuri kept bugging her since the day that Yuri saved her from the bullies. Jessica came from a poor family, she was able to attend an exclusive school because she was in a scholarship. Every day she was being bullied because of her status but all of that stopped when Yuri; the President’s daughter saved her from the bullies. Yuri practically threw herself in the middle of the fight just to protect Jessica.

“Jessica-shii please…wait!” Yuri was now huffing. She ran from the other side of the corridor to the other just to get to Jessica but the latter didn’t even stopped on her tracks and just continue walking. Jessica then bumped to the school’s principal.

“Mr. Principal… Mr. Principal…” Jessica caught the old man’s attention.

“Oh Ms Jung… what can I do for you?” the principal asked Jessica. Then he saw Yuri running thru the halls.

“Ms Kwon is running… that’s against the rule right? She’s distracting the on-going classes.” Jessica informed the principal. The principal could only nod his head. Just then Yuri arrived while panting heavily. She was clutching on her chest whilst trying to catch her breath.

“Ms Kwon… next time please don’t run around. You’re distracting the on-going classes. Okay? Have a nice day then. Ms Jung… Ms Kwon.” The principal just politely discipline Yuri. Jessica was left dumbfounded. She didn’t expect that the principal will let Yuri go that easily. Well, honestly she already saw it coming but still. There was no punishment or whatsoever and it made Jessica a little annoyed.

“Neh principalnim… mianhe… I won’t do it again.” Yuri gave the principal a 90o bow. The principal tapped her shoulder the stop her from bowing. The principal smiled at her and leave Jessica and Yuri alone. This action form the principal made Jessica more annoyed. She rolled her eyes and started to walk away from Yuri.

“Yah Jessica-shii!” Yuri stopped Jessica from leaving her. She held Jessica’s wrist. Jessica roughly pulled her hand away from Yuri’s grip. Yuri felt her heart being stab a million times because of what Jessica did.

“What do you want?!” Jessica raised her voice at Yuri, not minding of she’s the President’s daughter or not.

“I just… wanted to w-walk you… to your next c-class.” Yuri stutters. She looked down on her feet afraid to see those cold glares from Jessica.

“I can walk there by myself… I don’t need a rich brat following me everywhere! So can you please stop following me and leave me alone?!” Jessica glared at Yuri. She waited patiently for the tall, tanned girl to respond to her but she only got a weak nod. After that Yuri turned around and walked off still head down.

The first time they met is when Yuri saved Jessica from the bullies. Ever since then Yuri was like this to Jessica. She was always searching for the blonde for Yuri was afraid that the bullies might pick on Jessica again. But Yuri’s other reason was she can’t hide the fact that she felt a strong sensation when their hands connected on their first encounter. Although Yuri didn’t asked Jessica for anything in return, she just wanted to become friends with the blonde but the so-called ice princess never gave Yuri a chance.

 

“I don’t know what I did wrong…” Yuri said with teary eyes.

“Yul since when did the word ‘give up’ came into your vocabulary? I know you… you will take it as a challenge. ”

“Yea but this is different… she’s different.”

“Why is that? Because you like her? Is that it? Yul that gives you more reason to make her acknowledge you. Think about it and give me a call if ever you change your mind.” Taeyeon threw the pillow to Yuri. Yuri just lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter