Indestructible [1]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sweetie are you awake?” Mommy Jung entered Jessica’s room. She saw her daughter staring blankly at the window. She let out a sigh and sat on the edge of the bed.

 

Mommy Jung gently caresses Jessica’s face, tucking away the loose strand of hair that’s covering Jessica’s eyes. Ever since the Jessica knew about Yuri missing she’s been like this, walking but dead inside.

 

She reverted back to her old self, the girl whose heart is made up of ice. Mommy Jung can’t take seeing her daughter like this. Jessica was like an android with no feelings or not capable of having any emotions.

 

“She used to tell me that I wasn’t an ice princess like everyone thought…” Jessica spoke her gaze never leaving the window.

 

They’re always like this, Mommy Jung would enter her room, and Jessica will say what Yuri always tells her, like a broken record, but everyday it was different story from Jessica. Mommy Jung can’t help but feel sorry for her daughter. The way Jessica tells the story, mommy Jung knew very well that what Jessica and Yuri have is something special.

 

“She would always call me warm ice that melts in her arms” a lone tear escaped from the corner of Jessica’s eyes. She quickly wiped it away to hide it from her mother but mommy Jung was able to see it. “And my biggest regret mom… not telling her that she already captured my heart”

 

“Jess—”

 

Knock…

Knock…

 

Mommy Jung turned to the door. Their maid is standing there with tray in her hands. She bowed formally before facing the mother-daughter. “Madam? Breakfast for Miss Jessica”

 

“I’m not hungry…” Jessica harshly said before rolling on her side making her back face the maid and her mother.

 

Mommy Jung just let out a sigh. She motioned the maid to give her the tray to which the lady immediately complies and placed it on the end table. “And madam—”

 

Mommy Jung asked the young maid thru her expression.

 

“—Mr. Henney is down stairs. He’s looking for you”

 

That caught Jessica’s attention. “Henney? Daniel or his father?” Jessica wanted to face her mother and asked her but she decided against it. It’s only natural for the Henneys to be there since she’ll be wedded to Daniel in few months.

 

“Okay… tell him to wait. I’ll be there in a moment…” Mommy Jung caresses Jessica’s hair whilst looking sadly at her daughter. The maid bowed her head and left Jessica’s room.

 

“Eat your breakfast Jessica. I’ll be back” Mommy Jung leaned in to kiss Jessica on her crown. The latter didn’t budge hoping her mother will think she already had fallen asleep.

 

When Jessica heard the door closed and her mother’s footstep already faded she bolted up from her bed and took her phone then dialed someone’s number.

 

“Alo? Kim Taeyeon speaking~”

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

There was a pause on the other line for a moment. “Jessica?”

 

“Taeyeon I need your help…”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Do a background check on me”

 

“What?! Why would I do that!?”

 

“Because I told you to…”

 

Jessica can feel the hesitation on the other line. “Anything else?”

 

“Also do a background check on Daniel Henney and his father”

 

“And why would I do a background check on someone I don’t know?”

 

“I just need you to”

 

“Okay…”

 

“Tell me everything about it tomorrow. Thank you and goodbye”

 

Jessica ended the call. She let out a sigh then walks towards the window. “Where are you Yuri-ah?”

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

Daniel immediately stood up when he saw Mommy Jung walking down the stairs. “Good morning Mrs. Jung. I’m sorry for the early visit”

 

“It’s okay…” Mommy Jung motioned Daniel to seat. “Please take a seat”

 

Daniel complies. “Thank you ma’am”

 

“So tell me, why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter