Terrified [3]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica watched Yuri from the inside whilst the latter was out on the porch, arms crossed in front of her chest, watching the random people pass by.

It’s been a week since Yuri woke up with no memory of who she is nor where she came from.

It was like she was born and suddenly she’s a 25 year old woman, skipping 25 years of her life.

No licence, no credit cards, no wallet, no nothing.

It was like Yuri suddenly popped out of nowhere plus no one in town knew her.

Yuri had to admit, waking up with no recollection of who you are is scary. But at the back of her mind, it felt like it was scarier if she tries to remember who she was.

“Yuri?” Yuri turned around and saw Jessica walking out of the house. She took a sit on the chair at the corner of the porch. “You okay?”

“Fine. Just thinking” Yuri briefly answered.

Jessica just nodded her head in response.

It’s been like this for a whole week, Jessica striking a conversation while Yuri will just spoke with a one liner response. She knew better and just let the tanned girl be.

How would you react when a girl you don’t even know, even from the past, takes you in and take care of you?

Jessica knew it felt awkward for Yuri but there’s nothing she can do, the girl after all is already an orphan.

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, Jessica stood up. “You want something to drink?”

“I’m fine, thank you” Yuri replies her eyes still on the road where people are passing by. “Do you want me to make you one?”

“No… no” Jessica smiles and pulled the front door open. “I was just asking so I would know if I will make you one as well”

“I’m fine thank you”

Jessica pressed her lips in a thin line. She nodded her head and entered the house again.

Yuri felt that Jessica is a little sad because of her lack of response but what can she do? She can’t possibly open up to someone, whom she doesn’t know, immediately.

“Hey”

Jessica hurriedly went back to the porch when she heard Yuri calling her.

But she quickly slowed down her pace to show that she’s not that eager. “Yea?”

“Thank you”

Jessica smiles, getting what Yuri meant. “Don’t mention it”

“On second thought” Jessica waited for Yuri to continue. “Let me help you with that drinks”

Being nice and polite was the least Yuri can do. She took it as a thank you to Jessica for giving her shelter.

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

“Yuri come on!” Jessica urged eagerly then she ran off to somewhere.

Jessica and Yuri went to the town’s market.

The former wanted to go to the mall and buy Yuri some clothes ‘cause she knows that her clothes will not fit the tanned girl because they have different body built.

But Yuri quickly disagreed, she might have lost her memory but she knows that clothes bought at the mall are quite expensive.

And she doesn’t want Jessica to spend so much for her. So she suggested market, since they have whatever the mall was selling. Only cheaper.

Yuri silently followed Jessica. She stopped behind Jessica while the older girl scan the area.

“I see shirts!” Jessica happily announced. She instinctively extend her hand and held Yuri’s. “Come on!”

Yuri didn’t protest and just let Jessica dragged her to wherever she wants to go.

Besides, Jessica will be the one paying for the clothes.

Jessica lightly pushed Yuri in front. “I’ll let you pick one shirt and I will pick the rest”

Yuri turned to Jessica then nodded her head. She turned to the different shirts neatly hang on the racks.

One shirt caught Yuri’s eyes.

It was a simple, navy blue, crew neck, short sleeve shirt. It fits her taste perfectly and it’s simple not to mention very cheap.

“Jessica…”

“Hm?” Jessica, who was on the other aisle, immediately returns to where Yuri is.

Jessica saw Yuri holding a simple shirt. She took the shirt from the tanned girl’s hand and held it close to Yuri’s body. “I think it will fit you properly. Let’s buy it”

Jessica happily pulled Yuri with her whilst holding the shirt on her other hand.

They walked up to the cashier as Jessica took out some bills from her pocket.

Jessica paid the shirt whilst Yuri just randomly look at everything that caught her attention. “Excuse me…”

The owner, or so Jessica assumed, turned around.

“Miss Jung?”

Jessica immediately snapped her head back to Yuri if ever the tanned girl heard the lady.

Jessica returned her attention to the lady then lifts her index finger close to her lips, signalling her to keep quiet.

The lady nodded her head in understanding.

“Err–how much for the shirt?”

“It’s okay Miss Jung” the lady shook her head. She did get a bag for the shirt though. “It’s just a single shirt”

“Are you sure?” Jessica was reluctant to have the shirt as a gift.

After all, everyone in the market were selling stuff for a living.

“Yes I’m sure Miss Jung. That single shirt has nothing compare to what your family has done for our little town”

Jessica smiles warmly at the lady. “Thank you”

Jessica turned to the tanned girl standing meters away from them. “Yuri-ah~ let’s go~”

Yuri looked at Jessica as the latter held her arm and dragged her out of the store just so they can enter another store.

This time, it was Jessica who was picking the clothes whilst Yuri stayed close to the shorter girl.

“How about this?” Jessica held the shirt close to Yuri while the tanned girl stood still.

“Personally I don’t like orange” Jessica tapped her c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter