The Only One [2]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ding dong

 

Ding dong

 

“Seriously Kwon Yuri?” Mrs. Kwon walked out of the kitchen only to find her daughter playing with her handheld, not minding the doorbell. “I knew I should’ve never bought you that game”

 

Mrs. Kwon shook her head and just opened the door by herself because it seems that Yuri is not in reality.

 

“Good afternoon, auntie” Jessica greeted as soon as Mrs. Kwon opened the door.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiles at their guest and opened the door widely. “Good afternoon, Jessica. Come on in”

 

“Smells good, auntie” Jessica complimented as soon as the aroma of the foods entered her senses.

 

“Such as sweet talker you are, Jessica” Mrs. Kwon chuckles.

 

“Isn’t Yuri home?” Jessica tsk as soon as they arrived at the living room and found Yuri too focused on her PS Vita.

 

“I thought she was out” Mrs. Kwon responded as she also watched Yuri who clearly isn’t in reality as of this moment. “Well feel free to bring her back to reality. Stay for dinner, okay Jess?”

 

“Sure thing auntie” Jessica beamed as the older woman went back to the kitchen. “Do you need help auntie? I know Yuri won’t help”

 

Mrs. Kwon waved off her hand. “I can manage, Jess. Just bring Yuri back to reality”

 

“Okay auntie. Just call me when you need help”

 

“Okay~” Mrs. Kwon responded before completely disappearing to the kitchen.

 

Jessica turned her attention back to the busy tanned girl sitting on the couch. She walked up behind Yuri to watch what’s keeping her best friend busy. After about a minute, because she doesn’t understand what Yuri is playing, Jessica pinched Yuri’s ear.

 

“Aaaaaahhhhhh!” Yuri screamed because Jessica is twisting her ear in a slow, painful manner. “Sica! Stop! It hurts!”

 

“Serves you right!” Jessica let go of Yuri’s ear when it was already bright red. “What were you thinking letting auntie open the door when she’s busy cooking?”

 

“What?” Yuri asked innocently. “I didn’t hear the doorbell go off. Oh right! When did you arrive?”

 

“Babo!” Jessica smacked Yuri’s head.

 

“Awwww~” Yuri pouted and rub the sore spot on her head. “What did I say?”

 

“I was ringing the doorbell like a mad woman. And for your information, I was ringing the doorbell for a full 3minutes, Kwon”

 

“Oh~” Yuri smiles sheepishly. “I didn’t hear anything”

 

Jessica sighed and sat down beside Yuri. “Seriously Kwon pay more attention to people around you not that game”

 

“Okay… okay…” Yuri paused her game and faced Jessica. “Tell Yuri what’s wrong”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Sica…” Yuri leaned close to Jessica. Too close for Jessica’s comfort. And it caused the older to blush and her heart to beat rapidly. “I’ve known you my whole life. I can smell–” Yuri sniffed Jessica’s scent. “Or tell–if you have something on your mind”

 

“Yah!” Jessica pushed Yuri’s head away from her. “Your creepiness makes me re-evaluate myself for accepting you to be my friend”

 

Yuri let out a heartily laugh. “No one can resist Kwon Yuri’s charm. And yes princess, you are included”

 

“So full of yourself” Jessica shook her head. She took the remote control on the table and opened the TV.

 

“Seriously Sica, what’s wrong?” Yuri said in a serious yet worried tone.

 

Jessica hugged her knees closer to her chest. As her chin is resting on her knees. “What if no one will asked me to prom?”

 

Jessica wiggled her big toes like a child and that small pout on her lips didn’t go unnoticed by Yuri. She was too adorable for Yuri’s liking. So the tanned girl had to look away or else she won’t be able to stop herself from pouncing on her best friend and hugged her like she is her favourite Mickey Mouse plushie.

 

“You just have to wait, Sica” Yuri flashed her charming smile. “I know your date is just gathering every courage they have to ask you. And I know your date will be the best among the best, trust me”

 

Jessica looked at Yuri, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. “You think so?”

 

“I know so” Yuri reassures. “Do you know how hard it is to approach the ice princess??”

 

“Yah!” Jessica smacked Yuri’s arm. Yuri, on the other hand, just laugh it off like she didn’t get affected by Jessica’s hard smack. “Stop calling me that!”

 

“Okay… okay. Sorry” Yuri’s laughter finally died down. Her expression quickly change to seriousness and she stares directly into Jessica’s brown orbs. “Trust me, Sica. I know your date will come and sweep you off your feet”

 

Jessica blushed at the intense stare from Yuri. Her heart is again banging widely against her chest. “Yu-Yuri…”

 

“Kids time for dinner!”

 

Their staring competition stopped when Mrs. Kwon called for them from the kitchen.

 

Yuri smiles warmly and placed her left hand on Jessica’s head. “Trust me Sica. Your date will come” She ruffles Jessica’s hair before standing up and walking to the kitchen to help her mother set the table up.

 

Jessica leaned back on her seat and placed a hand on her chest. She can feel the rapid beating of her heart. She closed her eyes then inhaled and exhaled to calm her raging heart. After a couple of minutes, it finally calmed down. Now she was left questioning, why does Kwon Yuri have this kind of effect on her?

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

“So?” Taeyeon started. “How are we going to conduct our mission?”

 

They’re, as usual, in Taeyeon’s crib. In Taeyeon’s room to be precise.  Taeyeon is resting her back on the headboard while Hyoyeon is watching and Yuri just lying on the bed staring at the ceiling.

 

“Chillax Tae” Hyoyeon responded. “We will get to that and besides the mission isn’t up until next week”

 

They both turned to the silent tanned girl beside them. Taeyeon turned to Hyoyeon but the latter just shrugs like telling her telepathically that she doesn’t know what’s wrong with Yuri.

 

“It’s unusual seeing you without your game” Taeyeon broke the silence.

 

“Yea…” Yuri responded mindlessly.

 

“You okay, Yul?” Hyoyeon finally asked. “Do you have a problem or something? You’re way too silent”

 

Yuri let out a sigh. “Jessica still doesn’t have a date for the prom”

 

“So?” Hyoyeon asked. “Ask her out then”

 

“Yea…” Taeyeon agreed. “In that way Tiffany won’t get awkward. It will be a group date”

 

“Guys I don’t do prom. You know that” Yuri shook her head.

 

“Can’t you make an exemption for Jessica?” Hyoyeon asked. “You’re her knight in shining armour. If all else fails I think she’ll definitely want you to save her”

 

“I’m thinking about it” Yuri nodded her head. “But there’s something else?”

 

“What?” Taeyeon asked. “You have a girlfriend that we don’t know about?”

 

Yuri shook her head. “I have this gut feeling that something bad is about to happen”

 

“It’s just a gut feeling, Yul” Hyoyeon gently placed her hand on Yuri’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about it”

 

“What’s the worst that can happen, right?” Taeyeon added. “I mean Jessica won’t get asked by one of those crazy boys from that all boys’ school 2 blocks away from us, right?”

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

“You just had to say it, Taeyeon….” Hyoyeon shook her head. “You just had to say it”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter