Open Your Eyes To Love [6/6]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Halftime break…

“Alright team…so far so good. We’re ahead of them by 5points. It’s not that big but it’s a good start. Everyone is doing a good work but guys please give your extreme effort don’t rely on Taeyeon and Yuri all the time” the coach said and the players nodded their head in response.

“Good…take a rest we need it for the second half” the coach said and left the locker room.

Yuri on the other hand, wasn’t listening to their coach. She was leaning on one of the locker and breathing heavily. Her chest continuously rise and fall as she catches her breath. Everything was going great for their team but everything was going worst for her. She can literally fell that her swollen foot was throbbing inside her shoes. All she wants know is to get this over with quickly.

“Are you okay Yul?” Taeyeon asked worriedly when she saw her tanned buddy closing her eyes and trying to calm her breathing.

“Fine…” Yuri lied. “Just tired I guess”

“Don’t strain yourself too much MVP, take a breather” Taeyeon smiled and gave Yuri a bottled water then left. Everyone left the locker room for another warm up before the 3rd quarter and only Yuri was left inside the locker.

When everything was already silent, Yuri quickly took off her shoes. She took off the tape from her foot. The foot’s condition was beyond usual, it was more swollen than earlier and now she can’t move her foot. Yuri was gasping for her as she let her foot breathe before she tapes it back again.

“You do know that will cause you a lot of trouble, right?” Yuri quickly hid her foot when she heard a voice talking. Yuri saw Yoobin leaning on the door with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Yuri let out a sigh.

“I don’t care…I need to win this” Yuri stubbornly said. She took another sports tape inside her bag and started taping her injured foot.

“It’s already severe Yul…if that foot will get injured again there might be a possibility that you will not be able to walk” Yoobin warned.

“I don’t care” Yuri stubbornly said. She finally finished tapping her foot and putting back her shoes.

“Yul” Yoobin held Yuri by the arm stopping the taller girl from going to that court. “I can’t let you do this…that foot needs to be checked up”

“Let go Yoobin…my team needs me and I’ll do everything in my power to give them the championship they deserve” Yuri roughly retracted her arms and left Yoobin. The latter just shook her head at her cousin’s stubbornness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri limply entered the gym. Her expression clearly shows pain. Every one eyed her worriedly especially her friends who were sitting on the front row but the most worried of them all was her best buddy/team captain who caught her limping. Taeyeon immediately calls for a time out which was granted by the officials. She called and gathered her members and they all crowded in front of Yuri.

“Yul talk to us” Taeyeon sternly said.

“Taengoo, guys, coach…I’m sorry I twisted my foot the other day while I was practicing my moves. I thought that maybe if I tapped it, it will heal but it seems that it gotten worse than ever” Yuri looked at her teammates all of them had a worried expression on their faces. She swallowed the lump on and started talking again. “It’s already inflamed and the pain is too much. I can still bare with it but I have to sit down for a couple of minutes...I’m sorry”

“Let me check” Taeyeon was about to check Yuri’s foot but she was stopped by their coach.

“Let me do it” their coach took of Yuri’s shoes and checked on her condition. Everyone gasped and looked horrified at the sight of Yuri’s injured foot. The entire foot was already swollen and it was redder than a tomato. Coach just shook her head from side to side. “I’m sorry Yul…but I’m sad to say that you’ll gonna have to sit down for the whole game”

“But coach–”

“No buts Yul…if you continue to play you might lose a foot and won’t be able to play anymore. It’s already severe…it’s not just a normal sprain. You need to go to a doctor to get that check”

“Taeyeon” Yuri looked at her best buddy hoping that Taeyeon will help her convince their coach. “I need to play…we need to win this together”

“I’m sorry Yul but your health is more important to me than winning” Taeyeon sternly said and as if right on cue the buzzer went off signalling that the timeout is already over. Yuri hit the bench she was sitting while staring at her teammates who was making their way to the center court.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter