Still cocky

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

I was woken up by violent shaking. The space around me was not a lot and I am not that small after all. My shoulders and head kept knocking against the wooden wall, causing me to feel dizzy.

“Mmmppff!!” I tried to make a sound but the tape on my mouth muffled it.

MMMPPFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!” But that does not mean I would give up.

I felt myself topple over, and then the box I was in broke open. My blindfold was pulled off. I squeezed my eyes shut as the light blinded me.

“Good morning.” The voice said, pulling me up roughly.

I glared hard at him.

“What are you glaring at?” He asked.

I could only see half his face as he had a mask over.

I rolled my eyes at him and got a slap in return.

“You know, if you were not so cocky, you would have better treatment.” He said, grabbing the back of my neck tight. I could feel my skin choking myself.

I glared at him. That was all I could do since I could not move my hands or speak. My legs were still numbed.

“Oh, you want to say something?” He asked mockingly.

He tore off the tape on my mouth, making sure it hurt me in every way possible. It felt as thou my skin got pulled off as well. It hurt a lot, but with the tape off, I felt like I could breathe properly again.

“Let’s hear what you have to say.” He said, pushing me against the wall.

He tied up my legs before going to sit on a chair, staring at me as if I was some animal.

“What do you want from me?” I asked.

He did not say anything, except smile.

“Abducting me like that will do you no good, you know.” I said.

“I can’t believe you’re still being so cocky. Tsk tsk~” He mocked.

I snorted at him, which perhaps made him angry, because he threw a stool at my face. I could not even dodge it.

“I can kill you in one single , you know.” He said.

“Then do it.” I said.

My stomach twisted as I tasted the blood from the wound perhaps on my head.

“But I would like to see how much a pretty face idol like you can endure before killing you.” He smirked.

“A lot… more than you.. expect.” I said.

“Really?” He grabbed my head.

I groaned in pain as he dug his fingers into my open wounds.

“I gave you warnings. You did not heed them. You think I am those little fan girls who send death threats for fun? Hmm!?” He grabbed my cheeks, forcing me to look up at him.

So it is him who have been sending those death threats. I received constant threats accompanied by bloodied photos of myself from a particular someone since two months ago. The boys and my company told me to report the matter, but I put it off. It was not uncommon for something like that to happen, so why make a big fuss out of it?

“Well, you do look like one.” I mocked him.

“What did you say?” He asked, grabbing my cheeks tighter.

I manage to stick out my tongue at him, earning another slap from him.

“You slap like a girl.” I said on purpose.

“WHO ARE YOU TO INSULT ME!!!!!!!!!???????” He roared.

He grabbed me by my shirt, pulled me over his shoulders and threw me against the wall as if I was some rag doll. My breath got cut short for a moment, my head started spinning and before I could regain myself, another blow was sent onto my stomach.

“ARE YOU VERY PERFECT!? HUH!?” He shouted as he kicked me.

“JUST BECAUSE YOU LOOK GOOD!?” He kicked me again.

“YOU THINK YOU’RE EVERYTHING!?” He stepped my cheek, pressing his shoe hard on my face.

“Just because you earn a lot more than others? Just because you can play a little bit of piano? Just because you are handsome?” He stamped his foot onto my face.

“Ugh~” I groaned in pain.

“You’re not that marvelous after all, you know?” He said.

He shifted his feet to step on my throat. He seems to enjoy it watching me choke under him. I tried to move away, but the more I shifted, the harder he stepped on me. I was gasping for air, but just when I thought he was going to kill me, he moved his leg away.

“How does it feel?” He asked, pulling me up, pushing me against the wall.

We were both standing now, but without his hold, I would fall. I was breathing like I have never breathed before.

“How does it feel to be suffocated like that? How does it feel to be stepped under someone else? How does it feel?” He asked.

I looked at him. Why do I see sadness in his eyes?

“People like you; Talented, handsome, rich, famous. You have your eyes on the top of your head, oblivious to the whole damn world. Do you really think the world revolves around you just because you’re famous!? HUH!?” He punched the wall beside me, startling me.

“Scared? You were so cocky just now. Are you scared now?” He mocked.

“Scared?” I asked, my throat felt dry and sore.

“I thought you lost your voice.” He laughed, letting go of me.

My legs could not hold myself up, so I ended up sliding onto the floor.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“Why do you care?” He turned to be, a cigarette in his mouth.

“If you’re going to kill me, don’t I at least have the rights to know who my murderer is?” I asked.

He laughed as he blow out a puff of smoke.

“You’re by far the most talkative one I’ve captured.” He said.

He has captured others before!?

“Haha~ Why that stunned face?” He asked.

“No worries. I kind of like you. You talk back and don’t plead like some useless dog. You… kind of live up to your name as an outspoken fellow. You’re pretty similar onscreen and off-screen. Not like some others. I might let you live. I might.” He said.

“If you’re going to keep me here, you might as well kill me now.” I said.

“Nope. Not going to do that.” He smiled. I could not literally see his smile, but from his eyes, I could tell.

“I’ll be going out for a bit. Don’t try to do anything funny, or else it’ll be ‘I might let you live’ to ‘I would never let you live’.” He said, expression changing instantly.

“And if you’re bored, maybe you want to read something? If you could.” He threw a stack of newspapers and magazine at me.

I jumped when I heard the door slam shut. I forced myself to sit up. I scanned the area, trying to look for an escape route, but there was really no where I could escape from, except the door. I sighed and looked down at the magazine and newspapers he threw at me. How kind of him to give me something to read when my hands were tied to my back.

But since he was so nice to let me read something, I should not let him down, right? I got down on my stomach and used my mouth to flip the pages. The magazine and newspapers were oddly thin. I flipped open the cover to find them cut up, as if he only wanted me to see certain articles.

The articles were all about me. Missing reports, updates, search groups, photos of crying fans, flyers with my face on them and so on. What broke my heart most were the photos of the boys. The photographer did a marvelous job in playing with the emotions of people with the close up photos. They look so tired and desperate.

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled as I stared at those photos.

I did not feel much about being abducted until now. After seeing the photos and the articles, I realized it was not only about me. It caused others worry. Seeing their upset faces were more painful than those blows that madman threw on me just now.

“Stop searching. I’m going to die here anyway.” I said, resting my head against those pages.

For the first time in what seems like days, I cried.

“Don’t bother looking for me. I’m not good a person after all. I’m not a good leader. G.O can do a better job. I’m just a cocky bastard.” I mumbled.

“No, Yang Seungho. No.” I said to myself.

“Don’t fall for it. He showed you these photos on purpose. He wants you to feel bad about yourself. He wants you to perhaps end your own life so he could escape. No. It’s not going to happen.” I said.

With much difficulties, I forced myself to sit up.

“You’re Yang Seungho. You’re not going to just let yourself die. People out there are searching for you. You have to play your part to.” I told myself.

If I get caught by him when I am escaping, he will most probably shoot me on the spot. But if I sit here and wait for him to shoot me, then I am indirectly planning my own death. It is not going to happen, because I am Yang Seungho, and no one tells me what I should be doing.