Promise?

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

“APPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She continued to cry.

Our eyes met. She looked at me for a brief second before looking away.

“GET OFF ME, YOU CRAZY IDIOT!!” The man yelled, elbowing her on her neck.

I gasped as she fell to the floor. I want to go forward to help her, but I could not move myself.

“DO YOU WANT TO DIE TOO!?” He yelled, kicking her in her stomach.

“S… Stop!” I managed to choke out.

He turned to glare at me, pointing the gun at me with his shaking hand.

“Shut up.” He said.

“Kill me now. Do it now.” I said.

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!” He went crazy again.

He started kicking and stepping me all over as he yelled. Just as I thought I was going to get stamped to death by him, he let out a scream.

“AGHHHHHHHHHH GET OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He shouted, tried to shake something off his leg.

I looked to see the crazy girl biting him on his leg. Who, or rather, what is she?

“Don’t take your out on others, dumb .” She spat as she grabbed his neck and twisted it.

He collapsed onto the ground like a dead worm. Did she just kill him!?

“Eww~” She mumbled as she wiped onto the sleeve of her shirt.

Would she kill me too in order to cover up for her crime?

She turned to look at me. I backed away. She came closer. I backed away further, until I hit the wall.

“Can you go further? Into the wall or something?” She asked, arms crossed.

“I…” I mumbled.

“Idiot.” I heard her mumble under her breath.

She tried to grab my hands but I pulled back.

“Don’t force me.” She glared at me.

“What… are you.. doing?” I asked.

“Quick.” She said, not answering my question at all.

I yelled in pain when she pulled my arm to sling over her shoulders.

“I know you have no strength left, but try to find some.” She said, half dragging me out.

“Why…” I choked out.

“Why!? Because you’re pretty heavy, if you didn’t realize!” She tugged onto my arm harder.

Actually, I meant to ask why is she saving me and not killing me.

“Can you get up?” She asked.

I looked at the motorcycle in front of me.

“Never mind. Bear with the pain.” She said.

Before I could respond, she roughly pulled me up the seat, causing me to scream in pain as my wounds stretched.

“Sorry.” I think I heard her say.

“Where…” I choked, feeling light headed.

“Please, don’t faint.” She said, getting in front of me.

“Hold on. Don’t faint. More importantly, don’t die. You can lean on me.” She said, yanking my arm forward.

“Hey, hold on yea.” She said, stepping on the engine.

I leaned against her back. So warm. Her hair smells so good. Her perfume too.

On the way to wherever she was taking me, I drifted in and out of sleep. Whenever I was about to fall into a deep sleep, as if she could see me from the front, she would slap my thigh to wake me up. It felt like forever before the vehicle stopped.

I felt her warm back move away. I had no energy to hold myself up. I thought I was going to hit against something but instead her arms, I presume, caught me. She pulled me to the ground, letting me lie down.

I opened my eyes slightly. I could not see very well because of the pain as well as the sunlight. She squat down beside me, sweeping her long hair to the side. I tried to raise my hand to touch her face, but all I could reach for is her hair.

“Stay alive.” She said softly.

“Hur…” This was all I could make out from my sore throat.

She chuckled. The most angelic laughter I ever heard.

“You’ll be fine.” She said.

“Name…” I mumbled.

“Not important.” She smiled.

I grabbed her hand before she could stand up.

“Please…” I said, forcing myself to stay awake.

“Is that man injuried!?” I heard someone yell.

“.” I think I heard her mumble.

She pulled her hand away from me.

“Ple… ase..” I mumbled.

“CALL THE AMBULANCE!!!” I heard a few female voices yell.

“Name…” I pleaded again.

“I’ll tell you when you wake up.” I think I heard her say.

“Promise?” I asked.

I raised my pinky. She giggled and hooked her pinky with mine.

And then my world out.

***

As soon as I opened my eyes, I was greeted by bright lights and black dots. It took me awhile to see properly again. I was positive I was not held hostage again. This place felt so much better, and despite the pain, I felt cleaner.

“Hyung! Hyung! Are you awake!? Hyung!?” Mir yelled. Not that I could see him properly, but I recognized his voice.

“Mmm…” I made a sound in hope he would get my message that I was fine.

“Let him adjust to the surroundings first. Don’t crowd.” I think it was Haneul who said it.

I felt a weight sit down beside me, and then someone grabbed onto my hand. The hand felt big and rough, nothing like a woman’s hand at all. I turned and saw Junhyung looking at me worriedly.

“Are you feeling okay?” He asked.

I nodded once, managing a slight smile.

“Gosh, we were so damn worried.” He said, pressing his forehead against my palm.

“Sor… ry.” I choked out.

“Sorry? Are you crazy? It’s not your fault. We’re sorry. We should never have let you went out alone.” G.O said.

I shook my head.

“Hyung~” Joon pouted.

How weird to see a man with such a muscular body pout like that.

“I’ll call the doctor, okay?” Haneul said, hand lightly touching my arm.

Despite the fact she is very fierce and violent, a woman is just different when it comes to speaking. She sounded so gentle and her touch had this calming effect.

“Later.” I said.

“Alright.” She smiled as she let Junhyung rest his head against his chest.

“I’m… fine.” I assured Junhyung again.

This silly dongsaeng.

“I thought we would lose you.” He said, tears threatening to escape.

“How long…” I asked.

“You were missing for five days!” He exclaimed.

“Shhh~” Haneul calmed him.

I looked around the room. I saw Cheondung standing at the corner with no expression on his face but I know what is going through his head.

‘I’m okay.’ I mouthed to him.

He looked down, and then away.

G.O was holding onto Mir as if the maknae would collapse, Joon was looking unnecessarily worried, Haneul was hugging Junhyung, rubbing circles on his back to calm him.

“Where… is she?” I asked.

“She?” G.O asked, surprised.

I nodded. She said she would tell me her name when I wake up. Where did she go to then?

“Hyung, who are you referring to?” Junhyung asked.

“The… girl.” I said.

“The only girl here is Haneul.” Cheondung spoke finally.

I shook my head.

“The girl… she saved me… Where is she?” I asked.

“There’s no one, Seungho.” Haneul said.

“There is.” I insisted.

“Ask. Go and.. ask.” I said.

“We did ask who brought you here, but no one knew. There was no one around you when they found you. You were lying alone passed out on the side of the road.” Haneul explained.

“Can’t… be.” I shook my head.

“It’s true, Seungho. It was some passersby who found you lying there and then they called the ambulance.” G.O said.

“Perhaps you were too injured to remember clearly.” Mir said.

“Perhaps.” I mumbled, but deep down, I know there is that girl. Why did she run away? Why did she break her promise?

“Hyung, get some rest.” Mir said.

I nodded, closing my eyes. The image of her appeared in my head. I could not remember her face clearly, but I remembered her long hair, her laughter and her sweet smell. But then again, why did she barge in and called the man ‘Appa’? And why did she change to a different person out of a sudden? Is she really crazy? But whatever it is, crazy or not, I am going to find this girl.