Soft-hearted man

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

Seungho woke up after the anesthesia wore off feeling weaker than he should be because of the fever. He did not seem like he was aware of anything because he passed out after vomiting. The doctor checked on him and said that the bone marrow extraction had nothing to do with the fever. It was most likely the fault of the anesthesia.

“Deedee~ Wake up~” Minki poked Seungho.

She must be tired of watching him sleep. For two days, he woke up, vomit, mumble something, then pass out. This cycle just keeps continuing. His temperature fluctuated a lot. It could be 37.5 degrees now and then go up to 40 degrees in an hour.

“Sweetheart, let Daddy rest.” I said.

She pouted at me and resumed watching her father sleep.

“Come here.” I said as I slumped onto the couch.

She crawled onto my lap and I hugged her against my chest, resting my chin on the top of her head. I did not dare to sleep because I was afraid that he might wake up to vomit or his temperature might rise out of a sudden. Minki was tired too, but she refused to leave with Haneul.

“Baby, you’re tired, aren’t you? Go home with Haneul tonight and come again tomorrow.” I said.

“No~” She clutched onto the sleeve of my shirt tightly.

“Daddy’s most likely not going to be very awake until a few days later.” I said.

“No~” She said firmly.

I sighed and patted her back. She fell asleep shortly, indicating how tired she was. I let her lie down on the couch and covered the blanket over her before going to sit beside Seungho.

“Are you feeling better, hmm? Answer me~” I poked his cheek.

I almost dozed off when a knock on the door snapped me out of my dreamland.

“Why are you walking around when you’re supposed to be resting?” I asked my father as he walked in.

“How is he?” He asked, looking at Seungho.

“Does he look okay to you?” I asked.

“I… I’m sorry.” He said softly.

“Don’t bother apologizing. Just recover fast. Don’t let him suffer for nothing.” I said.

“He should not be going through this. It’s my fault.” He muttered.

“It’s not your fault.” I sighed, rubbing my temples.

“You look tired. Why not you rest while I help you look after him?” He suggested.

“So you could kill him while I sleep? No, thanks.” I said.

“Minji ah!” He raised his voice, but kept quiet when I glared at him.

“Minji ah~” He said softly this time, after realizing Minki was asleep behind me.

“I’m not going to kill him.” He said.

“I know, I know. But you need more rest than I do. Please just go and rest well.” I said.

“You cannot afford to fall sick now.” He said.

“I get it, alright!?” I frowned.

“I.. Fine. I’ll be in my room. Call me if you need any help.” He said.

“Okay. Just go.” I muttered.

“Take care. And I’m sorry.” He said softly before leaving.

I dozed off on the chair until I heard noises like the squeaking of the bed. I opened my eyes to find Seungho awake and trying to get up as thou looking for something.

“Darling? You okay? What are you looking for?” I asked.

He pointed to his mouth, and I knew instantly that he needed to puke.

“Wait!” I ran to grab the bin, just in time for him to vomit.

I rubbed circles onto his back as he puked into the bin. He only vomited water since he had nothing to eat for the past two days.

“Better?” I asked, wiping his mouth.

“Yea. Thanks.” He mumbled.

This is the first time in two days I heard his voice.

“You’re speaking.” I smiled.

He looked at me, a little surprise.

“You’ve been out for two days, do you know?” I asked.

“I… what?” He asked, his voice hoarse.

“For the past two days you’ve been waking up only to vomit and then you’ll pass out again.” I said as I let him sip on water.

“Oh.” He muttered.

“Do you feel better?” I asked, pressing my palm against his forehead.

“I feel like jelly.” He chuckled weakly.

“You’re still having a fever, and you have not eaten for two days.” I said.

“Minki’s here too.” He smiled.

“She refused to leave you.” I said.

“Hee~ Cute~” He smiled, still staring at her.

“How about me?” I asked, folding my arms.

“You? I love you.” He smiled, resting his palm on my thigh.

“Ewww~ How is it that your cheesiness stays under any circumstances?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

“You want to eat something? The doctor said that you could eat if you feel better.” I said.

“How’s your father? Is he okay? Did everything go well?” He asked.

“He’s fine. You’re the one that fell sick.” I said.

“I’m not that weak.” He muttered.

“I know, I know. You’re strong, right?” I .

He stuck out his lower lip.

“So, my strong baby, do you want to eat something? I’ve got some bread here.” I said.

“I don’t have the appetite.” He said.

“I know, but… just a bit? So you could at least gain a bit of strength.” I said.

He nodded. He refused to eat after I fed him a few bits of bread, but it was okay because at least he ate something.

“When can I be discharged?” He asked.

“When your fever subsides.” I said.

He sighed and pouted.

“You still promised to bring me shopping, remember?” I said.

He laughed and nodded.

“I’ll never forget that.” He said.

When Minki woke up, she was happy to see Seungho fully awake.

“Deedee! Deedee!” She called out excitedly as she tried to climb onto his bed.

I carried her up since Seungho could not do it with the IV drip in his arm.

“Hey, sweetheart.” He said, still sounding a little weak.

She cupped his cheeks and grinned. He looked like he wanted to kiss her, but held back, perhaps afraid he would pass the virus to her.

Now with Seungho awake, it was much more difficult to get Minki to leave. For some reason, she became really sticky towards Seungho. Not that it was a bad thing, but it was the wrong timing. Seungho needed to rest, but with Minki around, he refuses to sleep.

“Minki, come on, you’re going back with Haneul. Your Daddy needs to rest, so do you.” I said after the fourth day.

“Noooooooooo~” Minki whined, clutching tightly onto Seungho’s arm.

“Let her stay.” Seungho said.

“You’re not resting well with her around, besides, this girl needs to rest too. Minki, come on.” I said, tugging her arm.

“NO!!!” She pouted, smacking my arm away.

“Sweetheart, you cannot do that.” Seungho said.

“Minki, please.” I tried to coax her.

“I’ll bring you back tomorrow, Minki ah~” Haneul tried as well.

But she refused. She kept clutching onto Seungho’s arm and looking at him with pleading eyes, perhaps knowing how soft-hearted Seungho was when it comes to her.

“Minki, last warning.” I said sternly, not wanting to give Seungho a chance to interfere.

“NO!” Minki said stubbornly.

“You don’t have a say, alright?” I carried her forcefully.

She screamed and cried as well as hit me wildly, but I was not in the mood to coax her slowly.

“Minji! You’re scaring her!” Seungho said worriedly.

“Shut up.” I glared at him.

“Minji ah~ Calm down.” Haneul said.

I ignored her and took the stubborn girl out of the room. I slammed the door shut before letting her down. I grabbed onto her arms tightly, but not tight enough to cause bruises.

“Listen. You’re going back with Haneul, and then you’ll come back tomorrow.” I said.

“NO! NO! NO!! DEEDEE! DEEDEE!!!” She cried, stomping her foot.

“Daddy got to rest. You got to sleep too.” I said.

“DEEDEE!!!” She cried hard.

“Yang Minki, stop crying.” I said.

She jumped and screamed for Seungho.

“YANG MINKI!” I raised my voice at her.

She stopped her tantrum instantly, staring at me angrily with tear-stained cheeks. It hurts me that I have to yell at her for just wanting to be with her father, but I had not much choice.

“Mummy don’t want to scream at you, but you have to be a good girl. Daddy is sick, that’s why I need you to let him rest. When he is well again, you can play with him for as long as you want.” I said, wiping her tears.

“Deedee~” She kept crying while repeating.

“Minji ah~” Seungho called out, appearing behind us.

I had to hold myself back from smacking him for spoiling everything.

“Deedee!!!” Minki cried, raising her arms, asking him for a hug.

Seungho almost gave in, but I blocked him from her.

“Go inside and don’t interfere!” I scolded him.

“Why are you doing this? Why make her so upset? I’ll rest alright, just let her stay.” He said.

“Yang Seungho, go inside and don’t interfere.” I said, controlling my temper.

“But what is wrong? She’s just a baby. You’re scaring her like this.” He said, wanting to get closer to Minki.

“Damn it, Yang Seungho! Do you think I enjoy doing this!?” I pushed him away.

He almost fell if not for Haneul who caught him from behind. Minki was crying loudly behind me.

“Shhh~” Haneul picked her up, hushing her.

“Seungho, Minji is right. You need to rest. I know you love Minki a lot, but you really need to rest. It’s been four days and your fever has not fully subside yet. Rest well for tonight and I’ll bring her back here tomorrow, okay? I promise.” Haneul said.

“But she’s really okay here!” Seungho looked like he was about to cry.

“Fine! Then let her stay and you can just stay sick for all I care! And then when you die, we wouldn’t even need to hold the damn wedding! This is what you want, right!?” I yelled at him.

“Yah, Minji!” Haneul stared at me.

Seungho looked at me in disbelieve.

“How could you say something like that? I just want to spend more time with my daughter, what is wrong with that?” He asked.

“Nothing is wrong. Absolutely nothing. Just continue. Let her stay. I cannot be bothered anymore.” I said.

I was about to walk off when I felt a sharp pain in my head. I leaned against the wall as a wave of dizziness hit me.

“Minji, are you okay?” Haneul asked, shaking my arm.

“Minji darling, what’s wrong?” Seungho asked.

“Go away.” I smacked his arm away.

Minki had stopped crying, but she was still sniffing.

“Alright, calm down. I’ll listen to you. Anything you say.” Seungho said.

“Just do whatever you want. I don’t care.” I muttered as I pushed my way back into the room.

“Sweetheart, I’ll see you tomorrow, alright? Be a good girl. Deedee love you.” I heard Seungho tell Minki.

My heart ached when I heard her crying softly.

“Are you alright?” Seungho asked, sitting beside me.

“None of your business.” I mumbled.

“Of course it’s my business.” He said, massaging my temples.

I wanted to smack his hand away, but it was too comfortable.

“Seems like it is you who needs to rest.” He said.

He is right. I need to sleep. Four days without proper sleep is really screwing up my temper.

“Sorry for not understanding your intentions. I promise I’ll never interfere in future.” He said, letting me rest against his shoulder.

“I’m sorry for sprouting nonsense again.” I apologized.

“It’s alright. I know you’re stressed up and tired.” He said.

“Are we still holding the wedding?” I muttered.

He laughed and pinched my nose lightly.

“Of course we are.” He said.

I had no idea when I fell asleep but when I woke up, I was lying on his lap while he was asleep in a sitting position with his head tilted to the side. I sat up carefully so as not to wake him. I slipped a cushion under his head so his neck would not ache when he wakes up.

I walked out of the toilet after washing up just in time to see Haneul coming in with Minki. Minki looked refreshed after a night’s sleep. I smiled at her, half expecting her to look away angrily.

“Umma~” She smiled instead, hugging my legs.

“Hey, sweetheart.” I hugged her back, kissing her on her cheek.

“She slept well last night.” Haneul said.

“After all the crying~” I said.

“I guess both of you rested well too.” She said.

“I guess we did. Thank you for everything.” I said.

“Please stop saying thank you~” She smiled.

“Sorry about yesterday, sweetheart.” I said, kissing her again.

She just smiled and turned to look at Seungho who was still in dreamland.

“Deedee~” She said.

“Shhh~ Daddy’s asleep.” I said.

She pouted.

“But you can go to him. Just be quiet, okay?” I said, letting her go.

“DEEDEE!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!” She smacked Seungho’s thighs the moment she neared him, causing my poor panda to jump up in shock.

Haneul and I could only roll our eyes and laugh. 

***
tumblrmdcpc4ucvf1rrukfa.gifMinji: She refused to leave you.

tumblrm7knmcn4av1rrxzru.gifMinji: Fine! Then let her stay and you can just stay sick for all I care! And then when you die, we wouldn’t even need to hold the damn wedding! This is what you want, right!?

***
I just realized that our Yang Leader actually has really ugly facial expressions at times. Like as if he forgot he is on TV XD

tumblrmdnk9wsiy31rgh03q.gif

tumblrmdp9hgrpqg1raoyet.gif

But he's still cute~ Or am I just being biased? XD

Anyway, next chapter would be the last :) 

tumblrmdntqvpufl1rnxf8k.gif

Thank you so much for sticking around~