Lucky Day; Run for your life

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

“Hyung!!! Help!!!” Mir yelled as he struggled with the bags that were overflowing with presents.

“Help me~” I said, watching him struggle.

“I HELPED YOU BRING THOSE UP!!” He shouted.

“Alright, alright. You don’t have to yell.” I said, going over to help him with those bags.

“It’s all yours, you know!” He pushed those bags to me.

“Right, you don’t take any.” I took the bags from him.

Both of us squat down in front of the presents, looking at them. I have no idea why whenever Mir is around, we all end up squatting with him. We were looking through the presents when someone called my name.

“Seungho!” My manager hyung called out.

“Yes, hyung?” I looked at him.

“The security guard says there’s something for you at the reception.” He said.

“Again?” I asked.

“You know what day is today.” He shrugged.

I turned to Mir who shook his head.

“Fineeeeeeeeeee~” I muttered, heading out on my own.

I headed downstairs and was greeted by loud screams from the fans that were gathered outside. I smiled and waved to them before heading to the reception.

“Something for me?” I asked.

“Yes.” The receptionist handed me a paper bag.

“Just this?” I asked.

“Yea.” She said.

“Thanks.” I said before turning back to the fans.

I bowed and gestured them to leave before going off. At the corner of my eye, I thought I saw that strange figure again. I turned to look again. It was there, standing at the street across. It looked like someone dressed in some sort of costume. I stared at it blankly, and it stared back at me.

“Is everything okay?” The receptionist asked.

I was shook out from my world. I turned to look at her.

“Did you see that?” I asked.

“See what?” She asked.

I turned back, pointing to her the figure, but it was gone.

“What?” She asked again.

“Nothing. Nothing.” I muttered, heading up the stairs.

Why is it that no one seems to see it? Who or what in the world is that? Come to think of it, passersby did not seem affected by that odd figure after all. Am I seeing things?

“HYUNG!!!!” I heard a voice scream.

I turned back to find Joon looking at me.

“What? Why did you have to shout?” I asked.

“I called you many times. Where are you going?” He asked, running towards me.

“Back to the practice room?” I said, raising my eyebrow at him.

“Well, but just in case you did not realize, this isn’t Platform 9 ¾, it wouldn’t lead you to Hogwarts. It would only lead you to the hospital.” He said, arms folded.

“What are you talking about?” I frowned.

“Look at where you’re going.” He gestured.

I turned and gasped. I was walking towards a wall.

“OH!” I scratched my head awkwardly, heading back in his direction.

“So?” He asked.

“So?” I looked at him.

“You were deep in thoughts. What were you thinking about?” He asked.

“I saw it again.” I said.

“Saw what?” He asked.

“That strange figure I told you about this morning. I saw it again.” I said.

“What strange figure?” He asked.

“Remember, I asked if you saw it, then when I pointed, you saw nothing? I saw something there before I turned to you. It was like this huge figure. But when I turned over again, it’s gone.” I said.

“Who’s playing such a huge prank on the birthday boy?” He looked scared.

“I don’t know. It’s freaky. Like some… Grim Reaper.” I said.

“Aye hyung! It’s your birthday! Don’t think so much!” He said, putting his arm over my shoulders.

“Just… you know.” I muttered.

I shrugged it off and went to join the others.

“What’s that you got there?” G.O asked.

“I don’t know.” I said, settling the paper bag down.

Inside the bag was something wrapped in a cloth, like the Japanese style bento box. I pulled the cloth apart and another panda lunch box greeted me.

“AGAIN!?” The boys yelled, laughing hard.

It was another full panda set but excluding the cup and bowl this time.

“What’s wrong with this person!?” Cheondong laughed.

I shrugged my shoulders and opened up the lunch box. There were two balls of rice decorated with seaweed to make it look like a panda, and also sausages at the side.

“There’s more.” Mir said, reaching into the bag.

He pulled out another box. It looked like a cake box. He removed the ribbons and opened the box. We ended up laughing harder. Inside were a few panda cupcakes.

“OH MY GOSH SEUNGHO! IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE YOU!!!!” G.O exclaimed, pointing at the panda cupcakes.

I could only laugh helplessly. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed the food.

“Hyung, your phone.” Cheondong said, handing my phone to me.

I looked at the caller and smiled. Minji.

“Hey, darling!” I answered after walking away from the table.

“Hey~” She laughed.

“Still high?” I asked.

“Yeap.” She giggled.

“How’s Taiwan?” I asked.

“Nice! Love it here! How are you?” She asked.

“Eating. Still alive. But missing you a lot.” I said.

She laughed out loud.

“Hey Lucky.” She said seriously.

“Yes?” I asked.

“I… I’m sorry.” She said.

“What’s wrong? Are you… not coming back in three days?” I asked, feeling upset.

“No, no. Not that.” She said.

“Then what is it?” I asked.

“Happy birthday.” She said.

Just by hearing those two words coming from her, all my disappointment from this morning disappeared.

“You… there?” She asked.

“Yea, yea.” I said.

“Are you angry?” She asked.

“No. Of course not. Why would I be?” I asked.

“I forgot your birthday. I’m so sorry.” She said.

“It’s alright.” I said.

“It’s not alright! I should be with you! Cooking for you, celebrating with you, and yet I….” She did not continue.

“Hey, hey, darling. It’s fine. Really. It’s still my birthday now. You’re not late.” I said.

“I’m so sorry.” She said again.

“No worries! You can erm… celebrate with me again when you return.” I said.

“Alright. Did you get to drink seaweed soup?” She asked.

“I did! Someone sent it to the dorm with food. It was packed in a panda lunch box!” I laughed.

“Your fans?” She asked.

“I don’t know! I received lunch in another panda printed lunch box too!” I said.

“So cute.” She laughed.

“It is, but I feel like I am 6!” I said.

“You are 6.” She said.

“Whatever, whatever.” I laughed.

We continued chatting with her telling me about Taiwan and what she was going to do there, and then I told her about the presents I received and so on. We hung up after an hour or so because we both had to get on with work.

***
“You sure you don’t want to join us, hyung?” Cheondong asked.

“Yea, it’s fine. You guys go ahead.” I said.

“But… it’s your birthday. What’s with us going to the noraebang without the birthday boy?” G.O asked.

“It’s really fine. I’m tired anyway. Besides, I want to go back, wash up and give Minji a call.” I smiled.

“Alright then. Are you sure you’re okay walking home alone?” He asked.

“Sure! Why not?” I laughed.

“See you later then!” They waved and drove off.

They were heading to the noraebang but I was deadbeat, therefore I opted out. Since it would be inconvenient to turn back to the dorm and then out again, I told them to drop me off at the street and I would just walk back on my own. Besides, there were not many people around.

I took my own sweet time to walk and enjoy the cool breeze.

“Happy birthday, Seungho.” I wished myself, feeling lonely out of a sudden.

My walk was going on well until my eyes caught sight of that figure again. It was standing directly across me. I could see it clearly now. It was someone dressed in a panda suit. It was supposed to be cute, but this panda looked scary.

I stared at it for a few minutes before looking around. There was no one at all, only the panda and me.

“ENOUGH OF YOUR PRANK! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?” I shouted.

The panda cocked its head to the side. Despite the head gear, I had a feeling it was smirking. My instinct told me that I should run, and so I did.

And when I turned back to look, it was like a nightmare coming to life. The panda was chasing me.