Karma

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

The news of him threatened and almost killed by those crazy fans went out. Some were apologetic, while some fans said mean things like it was a pity he did not die. As angry as I was with those senseless words, I understood that it was just how the industry works. After all, people are indeed meaner online because they can be anonymous.

Seungho reads every single comment. He tried to look unaffected by it, but I know deep down the words torn him apart. It is just human nature to tend to take bad comments into heart.

“Stop looking.” I said, taking his laptop away from him.

“I was looking at something else.” He muttered.

“What? Were you shopping online or something?” I asked.

He buried his face into the pillow.

“One day, they’ll realize what they lost.” I said, rubbing circles onto his back.

“But before that, I’ve already lost everything.” He said.

“You still have Minki and me, as well as the boys, Haneul, the kids.” I said.

He said nothing.

“This is a cruel world, Seungho ah~ But there is beauty in it too.” I said.

“Deedee~” Minki appeared at our bedside out of a sudden.

Seungho looked up at her. He hurried to wipe his tears.

“Deedee, are you okay?” Minki asked.

I carried her to sit on the bed.

“Daddy’s sad.” I said.

Seungho shook his head, smiling at her.

“Why?” She asked, touching Seungho’s face.

“Daddy’s not sad anymore.” Seungho said.

“Daddy sleep!” She said, patting Seungho’s arm violently.

But despite that, Seungho was all smiles.

“Not so hard, sweetie.” I said, showing her the correct way to pat someone to sleep.

Seungho was a grinning fool while Minki tried to pat him to sleep.

“I told you she loves you.” I said.

He chuckled at her. Minki covered his eyes, forcing him to ‘sleep’.

“Alright, it’s enough, sweetie. Daddy’s not sleepy. He just woke up awhile ago.” I said.

“Milk~” Minki said.

“I’ll get it for you. Let’s go!” Seungho said, tossing Minki into the air as he walked to the kitchen.

The girl was screaming and laughing.

“You’re going to wake the whole block.” I laughed as I watched them play.

“It’s okay. They ought to wake up already.” Seungho said as he prepared milk for Minki.

“Cup or bottle?” He asked her.

She thought for a while, then pointed to him.

“Me?” He asked.

She grinned and nodded.

“What about me?” He asked.

“Silly girl, Daddy cannot feed you.” I laughed.

Seungho’s cheeks reddened in embarrassment.

“Noooooooooooo~” Minki pouted, sitting on the floor.

“You want me to feed you? You want me to hold the bottle for you?” He asked.

She nodded.

“Lazy bum.” He stuck out his tongue at her, but let her lie on his lap while he held onto the bottle for her.

“You’ll do anything for her, would you?” I asked.

“Of course.” He poked her cheek.

“I’m going out.” I said.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“Remember I told you the owner of the studio I use often is planning to sell the place, so I’m thinking of buying it and bringing the gallery over from France.” I said.

“Oh.” He nodded.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“Nope. Just thinking…” He mumbled.

“Thinking about?” I asked.

“Your father…” He said.

“Now that I’m back, and I know about all the annoying things he has done to you, he don’t have the rights to break us up. I’m not going back to France. I want to be here, with Minki and you.” I said.

He smiled and nodded.

“I’ll see you tonight.” I kissed his cheek.

“Be a good girl.” I said to Minki, kissing her as well.

She waved to me with her hands and foot.

Seungho’s POV

“What do you want to do today, sweetheart?” I asked Minki as I smoothed her hair.

She spoke a string of gibberish that I could not understand.

“Huh?” I looked at her, confused.

She got off my lap and started talking to herself as she walked around the house.

“How about we go shower and then go out?” I asked her.

She kept mumbling to herself so I took it as an ‘okay’.  We showered together, I got her changed, grabbed all the essential stuff and left. We went shopping downtown. It was nice walking on the streets in mid-day. Since she was more comfortable with me now, we could use this time to bond.

“Sweetheart, look at this cute pair of shoes!” I showed her a pair of boots.

“Let’s try it on you, shall we?” I let her sit on my lap while I put the shoe on for her.

“Aigoo~ My daughter is so cute everything looks good on you.” I pinched her cheek.

She snuggled her face into my chest.

“Are you embarrassed?” I .

I bought her lots of clothes, accessories and toys. Although she has lots of them at home, I cannot resist it because everything looks good on her. Minji is going to yell at me when she comes home.

“Is my sweetheart hungry? Shall we grab a bite?” I asked her.

She nodded.

“Shall we go look for Junhyung ahjusshi?” I asked, since we were near CUBE café.

She smiled widely at Junhyung’s name.

 “Let’s not eat too much so we can have dinner with Mummy tonight, okay?” I said as I let her make her choice while I gave Junhyung a call.

“Hyung, what’s up?” He answered.

“Where are you?” I asked.

“Work.” He said.

“Are you at Cube?” I asked.

“Yea. You want to come?” He asked.

“I’m here, at the café.” I said.

“Seriously!?” He exclaimed.

“Yes. Come down.” I said.

“Five minutes!” He yelled as he ended the call.

“He’s coming.” I smiled at Minki.

I ordered whatever Minki wanted as well as for myself and Junhyung. Minki startled me by suddenly pulling away from my grip while we were waiting for our food. I almost yelled after her but I smiled when I saw who she ran over to.

“Minki ah~ I miss you!” Junhyung carried up the girl, kissing her all over her face.

“Hyung, what brings you here?” He asked as he walked towards me.

“I took her shopping, and then we ended up around here. I asked if she wanted to see Junhyung ahjusshi.” I said.

“You miss me?” He asked Minki.

She nodded and messed his hair playfully.

“So, how have you been, hyung?” Junhyung asked as he fed Minki cake.

“The same.” I said, stirring my drink.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Why not?” I offered him a small smile.

“You know if you want to talk, any time is fine.” He said.

“Yeap. But I’m good. I kind of like it at home. It’s been pretty long since I took a break. Minki’s finally accepting me. I appreciate this time to bond with her.” I said.

“Good to hear.” He said as he continued to feed Minki.

“Don’t just feed her. Eat some yourself too.” I said.

“Of course Minki has to be full first, right?” He said, poking her.

After she was done eating, she played with the toys while Junhyung and I ate and chatted. Occasionally, she would get our attention by showing us her toys or doing something funny like raising her foot up onto the table.

“Come by some day for dinner. The kids misses Minki and Haneul misses Minji.” He said as we were about done.

“No one misses me?” I .

“Please, everyone misses Seungho ahjusshi!” He laughed.

“We’ll drop by some day. Sweetheart, what do you have to say to Junhyung ahjusshi?” I asked Minki.

“Bai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She waved both her palms.

“Bye, lovely.” He kissed her on both side of her cheeks.

“See you soon, hyung.” He waved before leaving.

“Shall we go home?” I asked Minki.

She nodded, raising her hand, asking me to carry her.

“Sweetheart is tired already?” I asked as I carried her.

She fell asleep in my arms while on the way back.

She was so tired she did not even wake up when I changed her. Just as I was about to take a nap myself, my doorbell rang. I hurried to the door so whoever outside would not have to press the doorbell too many times. I did not want Minki to wake up, although I doubt she would. She sleeps like her mother.

“Who is it?” I asked out as I opened the door.

“Seungho.” The person said; my manager hyung.

“Hyung?” I looked at him, confused as to why he was here at this point of time.

“Have you been well?” He asked.

I nodded, stepping aside so he could enter.

“Want a drink?” I asked.

“Nope. I just came to tell you something.” He said.

“Oh.” I looked at him, waiting.

He looked around the house, and then back at me.

“Where’s Minki and Minji?” He asked.

“Minki’s asleep. Minji went out.” I said.

“I see. Erm.. Seungho, I know it has been hard on you this period of time, with all the crap that has been going on.” He said.

“Uh huh~” I cannot understand why he cannot seem to just get to the point.

“You’ve been out for almost a month now.” He said.

“Yea, so?” I asked.

“There’s this petition going on. I don’t know if you saw it.” He said.

“No. What is it about? Kicking me out of MBLAQ?” I asked.

He tapped on his phone a few times before showing his phone to me. I scanned through the chunk of words, and then I paused at the few words that caught my attention; Protect Yang Seungho

“What’s this?” I asked.

“A petition to get you back into MBLAQ. By your fans.” He smiled.

“I still have fans?” I mumbled as I stared at his phone.

“So, what do you think about coming back?” He asked, squeezing my arm.

On one hand, I really could not wait to go back. However, on the other hand, I do not wish to drift apart from Minki again.

“I… I don’t know, hyung.” I said.

He stared at me.

“What do you mean by you don’t know?” He asked.

“You know I have always been wanting to go back and be with MBLAQ, but hyung, it’s only recently that Minki’s attitude towards me have changed. I don’t wish for our relationship to turn sour again.” I said.

I thought he would yell at me, but instead he just smiled.

“I believe you’ll work this out. Minki will understand. She’s a baby, but a smart one.” He said.

I nodded.

“Think about it. Talk to Minji and whoever you need to. Just know we’ll welcome you whenever you decide to come back. I don’t wish to lie to you and tell you everything is going to be easy, but it’ll work out. You have us behind your back, just remember that.” He said.

“Thank you, hyung.” I said.

After he left, I went to lie down beside Minki.

“Would you be angry if Daddy went back to work and not spend as much time as I do now with you?” I asked the sleeping Minki as I smoothed her hair.

***
“Darling” “Lucky” Both Minji and I called out at the same time.

We laughed at each other.

“Talk first.” She said.

“Mmm~ Okay. My manager hyung came by today.” I said.

“What does he want?” She asked, sounding a little protective.

I showed her my phone. She stared at it for a while, and then broke into a wide smile.

“So, protect Yang Seungho, huh? You don’t need my protection anymore. You have them.” She teased.

“Nawww~ I’ll always need you.” I hugged her waist.

“When are you going back to work?” She asked.

She senses things so fast sometimes it scares me.

“That’s the thing, Darling. I don’t know.” I said.

“What do you mean by you don’t know?” She asked.

“You know Minki only opened up to me recently. I…” She cut me off before I could finish.

“Don’t tell me you’re thinking of not going back to MBLAQ just because you want to spend time with her.” She said.

I looked at her, guilty.

“Come on, Lucky! No! You cannot do that. Yes, it is so damn sweet of you, but no! I’m not letting you do that.” She said.

“Why? It’s just for now. I mean.. I really want to be with her. I don’t want to miss out her childhood.” I said.

“It’s not the way. I rather you work, and then find time to be with her. I think it is more precious that way.” She said.

“But what if she doesn’t like me anymore?” I pouted.

“Silly, she’s your daughter. She has never hated you. Perhaps she was just teasing you for the first two years, but look at both of you now.” She said.

“I’m scared, alright? I don’t want to lose her again.” I said.

“How can you lose something you never lost in the first place?” She said.

“Trust me, Minki would want you back at work.” She said, squeezing my hand.

I nodded.

“That’s my boy!” She kissed me on my lips.

I grabbed her cheeks and pulled her closer to deepen the kiss. We were in the midst of kissing passionately when we both opened our eyes suddenly. We stared at each other, and then turned to find Minki staring at us innocently. We almost yelled as we pulled away from each other.

“Yes, sweetheart? I asked, trying to sound normal, but cannot help feeling embarrassed that our daughter witnessed our kiss.

She laughed and ran outside.

“So embarrassing~” Minji mumbled as she buried her face into her palms.

“It’s alright~ At least it’s not anyone else.” I laughed, putting my arm around Minji’s shoulders.

“How’s the gallery going on?” I asked her.

“I’m wondering if the studio is a bit small.” She said, playing with my fingers.

“I think it’s a bit small.” I said.

“But I’m not that great. I don’t need such a big place. Besides, I really like that studio.” She said.

“We can still buy that studio for your personal use, and then find another place for your gallery.” I said.

“Do you think I’m some rich ?” She laughed.

“Christmas is coming. I’ll buy you the studio as a present.” I said.

“ARE YOU MAD!?” She smacked my chest.

“Have I ever said anything about me being normal?” I asked her.

“That sounds familiar.” She narrowed her eyes at me.

“It’s settled then. I’ll buy you the studio. Give me the contact number of the fellow.” I said.

“No, crazy panpy.” She jabbed her fingers into my stomach.

“That’s a nice name. Name the studio ‘Crazy Panpy’, okay?” I said.

“Nooooooooooo~” She whined.

“What did you want to tell me just now?” I changed the subject.

“Oh.” She sat up straight.

“My father called me just now.” She said, staring at her fingers.

I felt cold out of a sudden.

“I yelled at him haha~” She laughed bitterly.

“Is… everything… okay?” I asked.

“He’s in Korea.” She said.

I gulped. Is he here to break us up?

She held onto my hand and then looked at me.

“I don’t know if it’s karma or something…” She mumbled.

“What happened?” I asked.

“He told me he…” She said softly.

I sat closer to her, pulling her close to me.

“He told me…” She sighed.

“Told you what?” I asked, her arm.

“He went for a body check up recently, and the doctor diagnosed him with acute leukemia.” She said, forcing a smile.

I stared at Minji with wide eyes. She was trying to keep her smile, but she ended up crying into my chest.

“I hate him! I ought to hate him for bullying you, and for leaving me! But… the thought of him having to go through what I went through. The thought of him dying… I…” She choked on her tears.

“Shhh~ Everything will be okay.” I whispered into her ear as I let her cry.

But like Minji said, as mean as this sounds, this is definitely karma.

***
tumblrmdcpc4ucvf1rrukfa.gifMinki: Deedee, are you okay?