Another side

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

“HYUNG!!!!! SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!” Joon shouted as he ran behind me.

I ignored him. How could I slow down knowing that my Minji is in the hospital?

“Hyung!!! THAT SIDE!!!” He grabbed me by my hoodie, causing me to almost fall on my face.

We were on our way back to the dorm after a long day at work when my phone rang. I choked when the person over the line said she was from the hospital. She told me that my Minji was in the hospital and they needed blood or something like that. My mind went blank and the only thing I could think of was that I needed to be in the hospital right at that moment.

Nothing I did at that time was logical. I opened the door of the moving car, shocking the hell out of the boys. Fortunately, my manager pulled me back fast enough or else I would be the one who will need urgent medical attention.

“Where is she!? Where!?” I yelled like a mad man as I looked around the empty ward.

The nurses at the counter looked up at me curiously.

“Hyung! Calm down!” Joon said as he slapped his muscular arm against my back, almost knocking me out of breath.

“Minji. We’re looking for a patient name Minji, whom I believe to have been admitted just now.” Joon said calmly.

“Please give me a second while I check.” The nurse smiled.

I tapped my fingers impatiently against the countertop.

“A second is up.” I frowned.

“Huh?” The nurse looked up at me, surprised.

“You said to give you a second, right!? It’s more than a second now! Have you found her or mmppff!!” I was cut off by Joon’s hand over my mouth.

“So sorry. Please ignore him and continue searching.” Joon said to the nurse.

He dragged me to a corner and pushed me against the wall.

“Are you out of your mind, hyung!?” He shouted at me.

“Calm down! Getting angry wouldn’t help the situation, okay!?” He continued shouting.

I glared at him, but at the same time, I was trying to calm myself. He was right. Getting angry at people around me would not help the situation. They were not at fault.

“Sir~” The nurse called out.

We turned over to see a man standing at the counter. I recognized him. He is Minji’s friend.

“Yang Seungho sshi?” He asked as he made his way over.

I nodded.

“Follow me.”  He said calmly.

“Where is she? What happened?” I tried to ask calmly, but my heart was racing.

“And the nurse over the phone said that you needed blood? Blood type A? I’m A. Take my blood!” I said.

He did not answer me, but instead just kept walking.

“Hey! Answer me!” I smacked his arm.

Joon pulled me back. The doctor turned to look at me. I expect him to be pissed, but he smiled.

“I’ll explain everything to you later on, okay? For now, if you’re willing to donate blood to her, I would need to take a small sample of your blood to do a quick test first.” He said as he led me into the room.

“Is one enough? Actually, we’re all blood type A. You can draw from all of us.” G.O said as he arrived with the other boys.

“Just one person is enough.” He smiled.

“I’ll do it.” I said, rolling up my sleeve.

He smiled to himself as he pulled out a syringe.

“Of course you would.” He seemed too happy for a situation like this.

“Minji is anemic.” He said as he drew a sample of my blood.

“You’re her doctor. Didn’t you give her medication?” I got a little agitated at how simply he could say it.

“I’m her doctor. I gave her the medication. I would make sure she eats them if I could. You’re her boyfriend. What were you doing?” He asked.

I could hear gasps from the boys behind. But his words were not entirely wrong. What was I doing? Why did I not remind her to take her medication knowing that she is such a forgetful person?

“It’s not your fault.” He said.

Is this doctor bipolar?

“She is always forgetting her medicine. But she passed out this time because she’s on her period.” He said.

I looked at him, no idea what to say.

“Are you going to donate or not?” He asked.

He was a distant away, while I was still sitting on the seat, looking at him.

“Yes, yes.” I said as I got up.

“Are you okay?” Mir asked.

“I’m fine. Boys, go back and get some rest. I’ll let you know when I see her.” I said.

“We’re fine. We’ll stay.” Cheondung said.

“Come later on or something. Get some rest.” I said.

“We’ll just go and wash up and then come back, okay?” G.O said.

“Yeap. Go on.” I smiled.

I followed the doctor to another room.

“Just lie there, while I go get prepared.” He said.

“Where’s Minji? I want to see her.” I said.

“After we draw your blood.” He said.

“I want to see her. Where did she faint? How did it happen?” I asked.

“It’s going to hurt a lot if you don’t relax.” He said.

“I don’t care. Just poke, and answer me.” I said.

“She was riding when she passed out.” He said.

“WHAT!?” I shot up.

“DON’T MOVE!!” He yelled.

I winced when I felt a sharp pain in my arm.

“Damn it.” I heard him curse.

“Don’t move. I’m warning you. The needle broke. Don’t move.” He said.

I stared at my arm as he pulled out the needle professionally, but it still did not prevent it from hurting.

“It hurts.” I said.

“What did you expect?” He said. What a rude doctor.

“What happened to her?” I asked softly.

“She pulled over before she could pass out. She didn’t crash. Don’t worry.” He said.

“Don’t you dare move.” He warned as he poked another needle into my other arm.

“So rude.” I muttered.

He looked up at me, and then continued with his job.

“Alright, it’ll take about ten minutes. Just close your eyes and rest.” He said.

“I want to see Minji.” I said.

“YOU’LL SEE HER LATER! STOP ASKING FOR HER LIKE A LOST PUPPY!” He yelled.

“So fierce.” I pouted and lied back down.

He laughed and headed out.

Minji’s POV

I opened my eyes and groaned when the bright lights hit me.

“Too bright?” I heard a voice asked. Seungho.

He covered his palm over my eyes. I pulled his hand down when I felt better.

“You’re here.” I smiled.

“Of course.” He pushed my hair to the side and kissed me on my forehead.

“Feeling better?” He asked.

“Yea. Did I scare you, again?” I asked, trying to sit up.

“Of course!” He pouted as he helped me up.

“What happened to your arm?” I asked, eyeing the bandages on both his arm.

“Oh. Nothing.” He muttered.

“Did you donate blood to me?” I asked.

He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Don’t do it.” I sighed, touching the bandage on his arm.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Just don’t. Then why is there a bandage here too?” I asked, touching his other arm.

“Oh. The needle broke. So… You know~” He smiled.

“BROKE!?” I yelled.

“Shh~ It’s nothing.” He calmed me.

“How is it nothing? Which inexperience lousy doctor?!” I frowned.

“Me.” The door opened, revealing my friend.

“You?” I looked at him.

“Yes, me. I’m not inexperience and lousy. It’s your boyfriend who can’t stop moving like some crazy puppy.” He said as he checked on me.

“Don’t insult him!” I kicked him.

Seungho looked at me with drop jaw.

“Oww~ Seeing that you’re strong enough to kick me, you should be fine. Your boyfriend’s blood works wonders.” He said.

“Get out.” I rolled my eyes.

“Make sure she takes it.” He handed a cup of pills to Seungho.

He laughed and walked out.

“Are the both of you close?” Seungho asked.

“Kind of.” I laughed.

“Ahh~” He said, wanting to drop the tablet into my mouth.

“Just give it to me.” I said.

“No, I want to feed you.” He grinned.

 I let him feed me since he looked like he was having fun.

“Darling, you got to remember to take your medication and let me know when you’re on your period, and don’t ride when you’re on your period. What if you faint while riding?” He said.

“Isn’t it weird if I messaged you to tell you I am on my period? And, I pulled over, didn’t I?” I asked.

“But still… I wish I can sell off that stupid bike of yours.” He muttered.

“You dare?!” I smacked his thigh.

He sighed and intertwined his hand with mine. We remained silent, until the ringing from his phone broke the silence.

I’m on my period ヘ(>_<ヘ)’ I texted.

He turned to look at me.

“You told me to text you.” I giggled.

He pinched my nose lightly and let me rest my head against his chest.

“Why are you so cute~” He asked.

“Don’t know. Born this way.” I stuck my tongue out.

***
The boys as well as Haneul and Junhyung came over after awhile.

“You guys didn’t have to come.” I said.

“We know you want to spend time with Seungho only, but we need to know you’re okay. We’ll be leaving soon.” Haneul teased.

“I don’t mean it that way.” I pouted.

“Why are you so naughty?” Junhyung said to Haneul in a strange aegyo voice.

We made faces while the couple sank into their world.

“Minji ah, now you have hyung’s blood flowing in your body. So… you’re officially his?” Mir asked.

“Eh??” I looked at him, surprised by his sudden statement.

I turned to Seungho who was grinning widely and blushing.

“Aigoo, Seungho hyung, are you that happy?” Junhyung teased.

“Tsk~” Seungho blushed deeper.

“You like it so much?” I asked.

“Ah? Mmm.. Haa…” He covered his face.

They stayed around and chatted for a while.

“Maybe we should go and let the both of you have some alone time.” G.O said.

Seungho nodded, a little too happily.

“Aye hyung~ Even if it’s not sincere, you should have pretended to want us to stay.” Junhyung said.

I poked Seungho’s cheek.

“Alright, take lots of care, okay?” Haneul said, hugging me.

They bid goodbye, leaving Seungho and I alone.

“Finally.” I heard Seungho muttered.

“So mean~” I pinched his cheek.

There was a knock on the door, and we looked at each other in surprise.

“Did someone forget something?” I asked.

“What did you guys forget!?” Seungho yelled as the door opened.

But it was neither of them. Seungho looked at me when the man walked in, while I frowned at the person, feeling anger rise in me. He was the last person I would ever want to see. My father.

“Minji ah~” He smiled.

“Get out. Get the out.” I hissed.

“Minji ah, why are you like this?” He said.

He turned to Seungho, giving him the dirty look.

“Who is that?” He asked in an insulting tone.

“None of your ing business. GET OUT!” I shouted.

“Yang Seungho, sir. My name is Yang Seungho.” Seungho said, bowing to him.

“Don’t need to bow to someone like him!” I pulled Seungho’s shirt.

Seungho turned to look at me.

“Yang Seungho sshi, I would like to speak to my daughter alone. If you would please go out?” He said.

Seungho looked at me in shocked.

“Sur.. sure.” Seungho muttered.

I grabbed onto Seungho’s hand.

“You don’t have to get out. He has to. GET THE OUT!” I shouted.

Seungho looked at me awkwardly.

“GET OUT!” I yelled again.

Seungho tried to calm me, but I was just angry.

“Maybe you want to come back later?” Seungho said.

“DON’T EVER COME BACK!” I shouted.

“I’ll be back then.” He muttered as he walked out.

“Calm down, darling.” Seungho said softly as the door closed.

I must have scared him with my anger. I wanted to apologize for my bad attitude, but I was too angry.

“He is your father?” He asked.

“He was.” I corrected.

“Oh. But… he’s still your father. Wasn’t your attitude… a little… too overboard?” He said.

I glared at him. He looked down quickly.

“DON’T YOU ING DARE TELL ME MY ATTITUDE IS OVERBOARD WHEN YOU KNOW NUTS ABOUT ANYTHING!”I snapped at him.

“I was just saying. You didn’t have to yell.” He said softly.

“WHY? ARE YOU SHOCKED TO SEE THIS SIDE OF ME? NEVER IN YOUR DREAMS DID YOU THINK I WOULD BE THIS RUDE? WELL, NOW YOU SEE THE REAL ME. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, YOU MAY LEAVE!” I pushed him.

He must have not expected it because he fell off the chair. He looked up at me pitifully. Guilt overwhelmed me as I looked at his hurt expression.

“Sorry.” He apologized.

***
tumblrm9zphlfizz1qm375o.gifMir: Minji ah, now you have hyung’s blood flowing in your body. So… you’re officially his?

tumblrm9zpwravvj1qm375o.gifSeungho: Ah? Mmm.. Haa…