Protecting you

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

“I thought… you weren’t at home.” He said.

“There’s a typhoon raging outside. Where would I be? Crazy!” I said as I helped him up.

“Precisely because there’s a… typhoon, I thought you would be at Junhyung’s.” He said, coughing at the same time.

“Stop talking first.” I let him sit down.

“Take off your clothes!” I shouted as I headed into the room.

I grabbed my blanket and hurried out. When I got back outside, he was still clothed and trembling.

“I thought I asked you to take off your clothes?!” I threw the blanket aside and went to him.

“No… I’m fat.” He pouted.

“Aishhhh Panda! This is not time to be cute! Please!” I tried to take out his shirt.

“Noooooooo~” He tugged his shirt down.

“I got no clothes for you, darling! If you don’t strip, I can’t wash it for you! You’ll fall sick wearing such wet clothes!” I shouted at him.

He pouted, shaking his head.

I squatted down in front of him and held onto his hand. His hands were so cold.

“Alright, then go and take a hot shower instead, okay?” I asked.

“What do I change into?” He asked.

I bit my lower lip and pointed to the blanket.

“Hur….” He rested his forehead on my arm.

“Darling, please. You’re burning up already.” I said, feeling his neck.

He got up tiredly and dragged his feet to the toilet.

“Sit here. I’ll go fill the tub up.” I said.

“Mmm~” He muttered.

While waiting for the tub to fill, I turned back to face him.

“Do you feel very sick?” I asked, cupping his cheeks.

“I’m okay.” He said softly.

“Do you want to talk?” I asked.

“Later.” He muttered.

“Alright. But you know you can tell me anything, right?” I said.

“Yea.” He said.

“Call me when you’re done. I’ll go find you something you can wear as a boxer.” I said.

“Okay.” He said.

I kissed him on his cheek before heading out. I went to dig for a pair of shorts he could fit. He was not that fat after all and I was not that thin, so the waist did not matter, but the length did.

“Darling~” I called out as I knocked on the toilet door.

“Yea~” He replied.

“Can I come in to pass you the shorts?” I asked.

“Okay.” He said.

When I opened the door, his entire body was submerged into the water, leaving his head sticking out. He was hugging his body and looking awkwardly at me.

“I’m not looking!” I covered my eyes.

I could hear him chuckle.

“I’ve never seen a guy as shy as you before.” I laughed as I left the shorts near him and head out.

“The blanket is outside. Dry yourself before covering yea.” I said.

“Yes.” He muttered.

While waiting for him to be done, I went to make him hot tea and search for medicine. I sent Joon a message telling him that Seungho is with me.

“Darling…” I heard him call out softly.

“Oh, you’re… HAHAHAHA!” I burst into laughter when I saw him wrapped tightly in the blanket, waddling towards me.

“Hi, penguin!” I laughed as I headed over to hug him.

“Where do I put this?” He asked, sticking his hand out from the blanket, revealing his wet clothes.

“Just give it to me.” I smiled, taking the clothes from him and tossing it aside.

“Sit there, I’ll get the hair dryer to dry your hair. Are you still very cold? Want another blanket?” I asked.

He shook his head.

I went to get my hair dryer and a jacket.

“Put this on.” I said, handing the jacket to him.

He looked at me.

“I’m not looking!!!!!” I covered my face.

I heard him laugh.

“You can let those stylist noona touch you all over yet you don’t even want to let me see your topless body?” I said as I blow-dry his hair.

“It’s different.” He said.

“How is it different?” I asked.

“I don’t care about them, but I care about you.” He said.

“And I care about you too.” I said.

He kept quiet, and I did not say anything else too.

“Done.” I said, ruffling his hair.

“Thanks.” He smiled.

“Drink this.” I said, pressing his palms against the cup.

“Warm?” I asked.

He nodded.

“Are you hungry? Want some food? I can make you sandwich, or whatever you wish to eat.” I said.

“I’m not hungry.” He said.

I gasped dramatically.

“Panda is not hungry!?” I looked at him.

He hit me lightly, giggling.

“I’ll make you sandwich, okay? Eat something and then you can take your medicine.” I said.

He shook his head.

“Alright, half a slice of bread? I can’t give you the medicine if you don’t eat something. You’ll get gastric later on.” I said.

“I’ll feed you?” I asked again.

He smiled and nodded.

“Feels like I’m feeding some bunny.” I said, putting a small bit of bread into his mouth.

“What am I? A panda, penguin or bunny?” He asked.

“Depends on my mood.” I laughed.

After he was done eating the bread, I took his temperature and gave him medicine.

“Do you want to rest here or in the room?” I asked.

“Just here.” He said, lying down, still wrapped in the blanket, curled up into a ball.

I lied down beside him, facing him.

“Are you okay?” I asked, pushing his fringe out of his face.

He snuggled closer to me. I circled my arms around his waist. He felt was so hot to touch.

“I shouldn’t be so close to you. I don’t want you sick.” He said, trying to move away but I held onto him tighter.

“You’re not going anywhere.” I said.

“Heee~” He rested his head against my shoulder.

Seungho’s POV

“Darling~” She called out, looking as thou she want to ask me something.

“He wants me to break up with you.” I said softly.

“What?” She looked at me, surprised.

“Sorry, I lied.” I muttered.

/FLASHBACK

“Seungho…” G.O came into the room.

“What?” I asked, sitting up.

“He… is here.” He muttered.

“Who is here?” I asked.

“Who else?” He said.

“Damn it.” I mumbled under my breath as I sat up.

“YOU GUYS KNEW, BUT YOU LET HIM BE!? THIS CONCERNS THE WHOLE DAMN GROUP! YOU GUYS ARE AN IDOL GROUP! NOT SOME SCHOOL BAND!” His loud voice filled our dorm.

I walked out to find him yelling at Joon, Cheondung and Mir who were all looking down.

“Why are you yelling at them?” I asked.

“Hyung…” Mir tried to gesture me not to argue.

“What did you say?” He asked, staring at me.

“I said, why are you yelling at them?” I repeated, standing in front of the boys.

“Oh, trying to be the protective hyung now?” He asked in a mocking voice.

I glared at him.

“If you are protective of your members, you should not even have broken the rules in the first place!” He shouted into my face.

“LOVE IS NOT A FREAKING RULE! DON’T YOU DARE COMPARE OUR LOVE TO A ING RULE!” I shouted back at him.

“Seungho~” G.O rubbed my arm, trying to calm me down.

“That girl is nothing but a burden!” He yelled.

I grabbed his collar.

“Take back your words.” I hissed.

“I’m just speaking the truth.” He said.

“Take. Back. Your. Words.” I repeated.

He smirked at me.

“TAKE IT BACK!” I punched him across his cheek.

I was about to swing another punch across his cheek but I was pulled back by the boys.

“Look at you, how out of control over a girl. Is this how a celebrity should be?” He asked, wiping the blood off the corner of his lip.

“No. This is not how a celebrity should be.” I said, breaking free from the boys’ grip.

“I’m glad you know.” He said.

“But,” I smirked.

“But?” He looked at me.

“But this is how a boyfriend should be when his girlfriend gets insulted.” I said.

From the corner of my eye, I could see a smile forming on the boys’ face, while he looks extremely pissed.

“You’re breaking up with her.” He said, narrowing his eyes at me.

“I told you just this morning that I am not. Do you not understand?” I asked.

“If you don’t…” He smirked.

“Don’t you dare touch her.” I warned.

“We’ll see.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“If she loses even a hair,” I pointed at him.

“And what will you do? Kill me?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“I’ll make your life a living hell.” I said.

“And how would you do that, may I ask?” He asked in a mocking voice.

“You know very well how you have been treating us ever since Rain hyung left. Do you think you would be able to make the headlines if everything is exposed?” I asked.

His face darkened.

“Are you threatening me now?” He asked.

“Aren’t you doing the same?” I asked.

G.O nudged me from behind, an indication not to go overboard with my argument.

“As your in-charge, I am ordering you to break up with her.” He said.

“Over my dead body.” I said.

“I beg your pardon?” He said.

“I said, over.my.dead.body.” I repeated.

“Watch out, Yang Seungho. You better watch out.” He spat at me before stomping out of our dorm.

I felt my whole body go jelly the moment he walked out. I have been clenching my fists ever since he came. I sank into the couch, burying my face in my palms.

“You didn’t have to go so far, Seungho. Didn’t I gesture you to stop?” G.O said.

“How is that far!?” I stared hard at him.

“I know you love Minji, so do we. You may be the leader, but you’re not the entire MBLAQ. When you say or do something, could you please spare a thought for us and not just yourself alone?” He said.

“Are you calling me selfish now?” I asked.

“Weren’t you?” He asked.

“In what way!?” I yelled.

“Seungho hyung, G.O hyung, please…” Cheondung pleaded.

We looked at him, but ignored his pleads.

“You know what he can do! He could destroy us if he wants to! He can disband us and give the media a crappy reason! You know what he can do!” G.O yelled.

“And so what if he disbands us!?” I yelled back.

“What? Yang Seungho, what did you just say?” G.O looked at me in disbelieve.

I too was surprised at my own statement. How could I ever say something like that? MBLAQ meant everything to me.

“Hyung…” Mir mumbled.

I turned to look at them. They all looked so disappointed.

“Ahh~ Now I know.” G.O said.

I looked at him, annoyed by his mocking tone.

“Yang Seungho, MBLAQ may mean nothing to you, but MBLAQ means everything to the four of us. MBLAQ is our life, our passion. It’s not something we can give up so easily, not even for all the goodness in the world.” He said.

“Even you. Even you mean everything to us, although we are nothing to you.” He muttered.

I could not face their disappointed faces anymore, at least not now. I walked out of the dorm despite Joon and Cheondung’s pleads.

I walked the streets with my head down. I wanted to go look for Minji, but I did not want to spoil her time with Haneul, so I decided I should wait until later. I walked so far to the point I did not know where exactly I was.

The sky turned darker than it should be at that point of time. It started drizzling, I know I ought to seek shelter, or hop onto a cab either to Minji’s place or back to the dorm, but instead I walked in the rain, letting the rain drench me.

I did not expect that drizzle to actually turn into a full-blown typhoon. By the time I realized what was happening, it was pretty much too late. I could not get onto a cab because I had no money and neither were there cabs around in that area.

As the heavy rain hit my body, I tried to look around to see where I was. I saw the convenience store Minji and I frequent, so I guess I was not far from her place. Her place was not far from our dorm to start with.

The second dumbest thing I did in a day was to try braving the typhoon. First being what I absentmindedly said to the boys. I was blown back a few times, I banged into the lampposts, traffic lights, walls, pillars and even a tree, just to get to Minji’s place. I was lucky enough that nothing fell on me while I was trying to get there.

By the time I got to her place, I could already feel a fever building up in me, and I was so tired. Judging from the typhoon, I assumed that she would not be back, because if she was with Haneul and Junhyung at the time of the typhoon, I am very positive they would not let her come back alone.

So, I decided to wait outside her house.

/END OF FLASHBACK

“I’m an , aren’t I?” I said to Minji, who had tears in her eyes.

She shook her head.

“MBLAQ means everything to me. The boys are more than just group members. Really.” I said.

“I know.” She said.

“What do I do now?” I muttered.

“Apologize.” She said, kissing my forehead.

“I hurt them so badly.” I said.

“They are all so worried for you.” She said.

“Did you let them know I am okay?” I asked, worried that they may be out looking for me.

She nodded and smiled.

“Joon called me just now. He sounded like he would cry.” She said, chuckling slightly.

I nodded, making a mental note to apologize sincerely to them later on.

“Since you came all the way here, why were you sitting outside?” She asked.

“I thought you weren’t home.” I said.

“Why would I be out when there’s a typhoon?” She laughed.

“I thought you were at Haneul and Junhyung’s place.” I explained.

“I came back much earlier than that, because Junhyung said there was a typhoon warning.” She said.

“You rode back?” I asked.

She nodded.

“He didn’t send you back despite the typhoon warning!?” I shouted, feeling angry at Junhyung.

“Calm down!” She rubbed my arm.

“He offered, but I rejected. It wasn’t raining yet at that time. I insisted to come back on my own because I could not possibly leave my bike there, neither could my bike fit into his car.” She explained.

“Next time, you better take his offer.” I said.

“I hope there wouldn’t be a next time. The typhoon is scary.” She said, pouting slightly.

“Don’t be scared.” I hugged her.

“How did you manage to walk in that raging crazy thing?” She asked.

“I really, really have no idea.” I said, laughing as I think back.

“Do we… really need to break up?” She asked.

“No.” I said.

“But…” She muttered.

“I said, no.” I said sternly.

“Okay. But…” She said.

“No buts.” I said.

“Let me finish.” She slapped my chest.

“Ouch~” I pouted at her.

“Ahh~ Sorry.” She giggled, kissing me on my chest.

“I was saying, but, in future, do not hide anything from me, okay? I want to be able to share your problems with you, and not be like… a burden.” She said, looking away.

“You’re not, and would never be, a burden.” I cupped her cheeks.

“Did your hand hurt from hitting the idiot?” She asked, kissing my knuckles.

“I thought you’ll scold me for hitting him.” I smiled at her gesture.

“Why would I? He’s such an .” She said.

“So am I.” I said softly.

“You’re a different kind of .” She said.

“What’s the difference?” I asked.

“You’re the reckless kind of who would be remorseful later on. You’re the with a kind heart. He’s just downright -ish.” She said.

I laughed and kissed her on her cheek.

“He can threaten me all he wants, but I’ll never break up with you. You’re my darling, so let me protect you.” I said.

“You’re my darling too, so let me protect you too.” She said.

“Can you protect me?” I .

She flicked my forehead.

“Owww~ So violent.” I pouted.

“Maybe I should let the fever fry your brain.” She said.

“You wouldn’t do that.” I said.

“Try me!” She said.

“Okay, let’s try it.” I smiled.

“Aww no~” She giggled.

Of course Minji is protecting me. She does not know how much strength her smile or laughter can give me.

“I love you, darling.” I said.

We remain silent, looking up at the ceiling, our hands intertwined. The only sounds we could hear was the raging typhoon outside as well as the washing machine.

“You’re washing my clothes?” I asked.

“Yes.” She said.

“Did you see my phone?” I asked.

“What phone?” She asked, looking at me.

“My mobile phone.” I said.

“Where was it?” She asked.

“In the pocket of my jeans.” I said.

She shot up and turned to look at me, and then at the washing machine.

“You… didn’t… take it… out?” I asked, my heart already feeling the ache.

She turned to me, looking shocked too.

“Do you still love me now?” She asked, pouting excessively. 

***
tumblrm9o3cy4ffi1rwsfzs.gifSeungho: No… I’m fat.

tumblrlxnc9qw5zq1qckxmp.gifMinji: I’m not looking!

tumblrm4z5mmjoti1qjrf8s.gifSeungho: You… didn’t… take it… out?