Part of you

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

I pat his cheek lightly before turning back to the boys.

“Really? The doctor said he should have been up before me?” I asked again.

They nodded.

I turned back to look at Seungho. It felt really weird seeing him like this. The usual Seungho was not like that. The sight of him now lying here weakly pained me.

“Wakie~” I pouted, poking his cheek.

To my surprise, his eyes fluttered open slightly, and then he squeezed them shut, groaning.

“Seungho? Darling? Are you up?” I asked, caressing his cheek.

“Ughh~” He made a sound.

Was he in pain?

“Darling, are you okay? Can you hear me?” I asked.

The boys crowded over, staring at their hyung. Seungho was frowning and moving around, behaving like a baby who got woke up from his sweet dream.

“Seungho darling~” I called out again.

He opened one side of his eyes, and then slowly both. He looked at me with widened eyes.

“Love… You’re up. Why are… you here? Are you… okay?” He asked in a husky voice.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

He cocked his head to the side, looking at me quizzically.

“Hyung! You’re finally awake!” Mir exclaimed.

“Huh?” Seungho looked at them, confused.

For someone who has just woke up from anesthesia, he sure looked a little too awake.

“Are you okay?” I cupped his cheeks, making him look at me.

He nodded.

“Hyung, we were so worried when you didn’t wake up!” Jook said.

“Didn’t… wake up?” Seungho asked, frowning in confusion.

“They said… you were supposed to be awake before me.  But you didn’t.” I explained.

“I didn’t?” He asked.

“Did you?” I asked.

“I woke up just now. My head was hurting, I felt like jelly, I felt like vomiting. I wanted to call for help. Someone, anyone. But… they were all snoring on the couch.” He said with a slight pout.

“Ahhh~ So my darling woke up feeling so uncomfortable and had no one to call for help?” I asked, turning to glare at the MBLAQ boys who were busying blaming each other.

“Weren’t you supposed to be awake!?” Mir pointed fingers at Joon.

“You… you told me to rest and that you’ll look out!” Joon pointed at G.O.

“Doongie, you said you’re very awake and that I can take a break!” G.O looked at Cheondong.

“I… I… We were all supposed to be awake!” Cheondong argued back.

I smiled and turned back to Seungho who was chuckling softly too.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, loud enough for him to hear only.

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you this?” He said, holding onto my wrist.

“I already said I’m used to this feeling, but you, it must be new, right? Do you still feel like vomiting? Did you vomit just now?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“I closed my eyes and then I think I passed out.” He grinned.

“Aww, my poor thing.” I kissed his forehead.

There was a sudden loud knock on the door, and then it flew open, startling all of us.

“Sorry, but who is the doc… YOU’RE AWAKE!?” Haneul yelled, pointing at Seungho.

She was panting and had her hair all over the place.

“Have always been.” Seungho smiled.

“And no one bothered to tell me? While I ran around like a fool trying to search for your doctor because everyone was worried that you didn’t wake up even after your anesthesia wore off, you guys were having a little reunion here? How was it? Was it fun?” Haneul asked, clearly pissed.

The boys stopped quarreling, the smile on Seungho’s face faded, so did mine. Haneul looked pretty scary, to be honest.

“Haneul ah~” Seungho said, wanting to sit up, but I stopped him when he winced in pain.

I saw worry flash over Haneul’s pissed face when she heard Seungho winced. She does have a soft spot after all, despite how she tries to look all tough and fearless.

“It’s not that we deliberately forgot you. Seungho just woke up, and we were pretty confused too.” I explained.

“So should I still call the doctor?” Haneul asked with a pout that would make anyone go ‘aww’.

“YA!” A voice called out from the outside.

Junhyung walked in with Loki who was giggling like crazy in his arms.

“Sorry, my boy’s mad. Oh hyung! You’re up!” Junhyung smiled, totally oblivious of the situation.

Seungho was making faces at him, but Junhyung was as usual, a little bit slow.

“What’s going on?” He asked innocently as he put Loki down.

 He looked at Seungho, and then at me, and finally Haneul.

“Did they bully you?” He asked.

“Nah~ No.” Haneul said.

“I’ll go call the doctor to check on you anyway.” Haneul said, turning her back.

“I’ll be back.” I gave Seungho a peck on his cheek before going after Haneul.

“Walk slowly!” I said, grabbing Haneul’s arm for support.

She looked at me, obviously startled.

“Why… why are you here?” She asked.

“Because you’re upset.” I smiled.

“I’m not.” She said.

“We didn’t deliberately forget to inform you. Just that, when Seungho woke up, we were all shocked too. It turned out that he had woken up before, but the boys were all asleep! No one was there to give him water or ease his discomfort when he felt like vomiting.” I said, pouting.

“Aigoo poor thing~” Haneul laughed.

“Right! He’s so poor thing, so don’t be mad at him.” I said.

“I wasn’t mad.” She said.

“You looked like you would throw him out of the window just now!” I said.

“Try running up and down like a fool feeling so worried and then come back just to find you guys chatting and laughing as thou nothing happened.” She said.

“You wanted something to happen?” I asked.

“Ahhh? No!” She said.

“Kidding, kidding.” I laughed.

“Hey, aren’t you tired? Do you always go run around like this after a surgery?” She asked.

“Like I said, I’m used to this.” I smiled.

We headed back to Seungho’s ward eventually, without looking for the doctor.

“Where’s the doctor?” G.O asked when we came back in.

“YA!” Loki said again, causing laughter from us.

Junhyung tried to cover his mouth, but Loki struggled out of his grip.

“I’ll call for the doctor later.” I said, sitting down next to Seungho.

“Why are you running around? You should be resting.” He said, holding onto my hand.

“Just worry about yourself.” I pinched his nose lightly.

“YAAAAAAAAAAA!!” Loki giggled, moving a lot in Junhyung’s arms.

“What’s wrong with your boy?” Seungho asked Junhyung.

“I have no idea.” Junhyung said, trying to hold Loki so he would not fall off.

“YA!! YA!!! YA!!!!!!!!!!!!” Loki yelled.

“I think he’s tired.” Mir said.

Just after Mir said that, Loki’s body went limp, as thou he had passed out, shocking all of us.

Haneul shot up and pushed her way to her son’s side while Junhyung seemed genuinely surprised.

“Yong baby?” He called out, tapping Loki’s head lightly.

Loki fell forward onto Junhyung’s chest and snuggled his face into Junhyung’s shoulder. He started snoring softly, causing us to laugh.

“Did my son just pass out or what?” Junhyung asked, laughing as well.

“Oh my goodness. He’s epic.” Joon said, covering his mouth.

Junhyung and Haneul exchanged helpless smiles.

***
“Loki’s really amazing~” I said to Seungho after they all left, leaving us alone.

“Yea, he is. Honestly speaking, that entire family is amazing. They’re like from north, south, east, west, and center but somehow manage to match.” He said.

“I’ve never heard of someone describing a family like this.” I laughed as I fed him a biscuit.

“Now you hear. When did you buy this?” He asked.

“I didn’t buy it. Haneul got it for me. There was more, but Loki ate it.” I said.

“Ouh~” He nodded tiredly.

“Cute, isn’t it? Hello Seungho and Seungho-ky.” I said, looking at the boxes of Hello Panda and Pocky.

“What?” He asked.

“Hello Seungho and Seungho-ky~” I laughed.

“Hello Seung… Psh… Who taught you that?” He laughed.

Even his laughter sounded strained.

“That’s what Haneul called it. She said because I couldn’t come and see you yet, so I should just stare at these boxes for now.” I said.

“Then why are you here?” He asked.

“I had to see you.” I dropped another biscuit into his mouth.

He chuckled soundlessly.

“You’re very tired, eh?” I asked, cupping his cheeks.

“You’re a little too energetic for a patient.” He said.

“I’ve rested enough.” I said.

“Does it hurt?” He asked, pulling my top weakly.

“I would be lying if I said no.” I said.

“But you look like you’re in much more pain than I am.” I continued.

He chuckled and shook his head.

“Seungho ah~” I called out seriously.

“Are you going to scold me?” He asked.

“Scold you? Do you deserve it?” I asked.

“You can scold or hit me, just… Don’t try returning the liver to me.” He said softly.

I laughed out, but winced when my wound hurt.

“Silly.” I flicked his forehead lightly.

“But really, Lucky, you gotta stop donating body parts to me.” I said.

He laughed.

“I want diamonds and rubies, not these.” I .

“I’ll buy you diamonds and rubies, and also donate whatever I can donate to you whenever you need it.” He said.

“Ahhh, are you very rich?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

“But I don’t want to see you weak, it pains me, you know.” I said.

“Firstly, calling me weak now is really insulting and unfair. I believe it is the anesthesia that’s making me so sleepy, and secondly, do you think it doesn’t pain me to see you in pain?” He said.

“I…” I had nothing to say.

“I know you hate it when I do stuff like this, but Minji, you got to understand that I love you and I cannot let you die when I know I can save you. This is the least I can do for you, love. I know what you’re going to say. You want to say that you’re going to die anyway so no point wasting my time on you, right? But darling, no. Even I could prolong your life for one day, I would do it, no matter what it takes. It’s not that I want you to feel like you owe me anything. It’s just so natural. I have to do it.” He said.

He was breathing deeply after that. I pat his chest lightly, careful to avoid the wound.

“Did you and Haneul prepare your speeches together?” I asked.

“Huh?” He looked at me.

“Nothing.” I shook my head, smiling at him.

“I’m really not doing it so you could owe me anything or I could use it back at you. It’s really not like that.” He explained.

“I know, I know.” I said.

“Are you angry?” He asked.

“Should I be?” I asked.

“Ahh~ No.” He said.

“I’m part of you now.” He grinned.

“I’ll take care of your liver.” I said, patting myself.

He smiled proudly.

“But I really would love diamonds and rubies more than organs.” I .

His expression fell.

“I’ll buy you all the diamonds, rubies, sapphire, emerald and whatever expensive rocks you want!” He exclaimed with a slight hint of tantrum in his voice.

“Kidding, kidding! Don’t shout. It’s not good. Shhh~” I hushed him.

He pouted and made faces at me.

“Lucky, thank you.” I said, looking into his eyes.

He smiled and nodded tiredly.

“Come on, you should sleep. You look like you’re going to pass out any moment.” I said, helping him lie down.

“Are you leaving already?” He asked.

“I got to go back too.” I said.

“So near, yet so far.” He pouted.

“I’ll see you tomorrow okay? Rest well.” I said, tucking him in.

“Don’t leave.” He pleaded.

“Be good. I’ll see you.” I said, kissing his forehead.

He did not even have the strength to hold onto me. I left him without looking back because I know I would give in after seeing his sad face. I would have stayed with him all night, but I was exhausted myself.

I made my way back to my ward, feeling the dull ache in my wound and also in my heart. I missed Seungho already. He looked so unwell just now that I really wanted to cradle him in my arms until he was better again.

I drifted off into sleep but was awaken by noises as if someone was shifting the furniture in my room, but who would be shifting furniture in the hospital? Through my blurry vision, I saw a figure walking around my room.

I the lights, startling the intruder as well as myself.

“Seungho!?” I exclaimed, forcing myself to sit up.

“Ayee don’t do that. Lie down.” He pushed me down gently.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, still in shock.

“I couldn’t sleep without you.” He pouted.

“Ahh~ Baby Seungho?” I .

He was pale and he was covered in perspiration. I looked around and guessed he was trying to push the sofa next to my bed so he could be sleeping next to me. He could have done it easily if not for the wound.

“The nurses will kill us both if they see us like this.” I said.

He was finally done with shifting the sofa. He crawled in and lied down. Our hands were intertwined with each other’s as we prepared to sleep.

“I would tell them how can you separate us? We’re part of each other.” He said.

“Part of.. hahahaha!” I laughed.

“Isn’t it true? Aren’t we part of each other?” He asked.

Although it was dark, I could tell he was grinning.

“I need to give you something before we can be part of each other. For now, it’s just you being part of me.” I said.

“You gave me something.” He said.

“I did?” I asked, surprised.

“You gave me your love.” He said.

I did not know what to say, except grin.

“Are you asleep?” He asked when I did not say anything.

“No.” I said, giggling.

“Oh.” He muttered.

“Is it enough?” I asked.

“What?” He asked.

“My love, is it enough for you?” I asked.

I thought he must have fallen asleep when I received no reply from him. He did seem like he was going to pass out anyway. Just as I was about to sleep, I felt a kiss on my lips.

“They say… action speaks… louder than words.” Seungho said, with a hint of happiness in his voice.

“Are you very happy?” I asked, laughing a little.

“Oh, yes.” He said.

“Even after losing half your liver?” I asked.

“Of course.” He said.

“Sleep.” I laughed, smacking his stomach lightly.

“No good night kiss?” He asked.

“No.” I said.

He remained quiet, but I knew he was not asleep.

I lean over and cupped his cheeks, kissing him on his lips. I could feel him smile in between our kiss, but I pulled away before we could kiss deeper.

“Why?” He asked, sounding a little sad.

“When we’re both better, we can kiss as long as you want.” I said.

“Really?” He asked, sounding excited.

“Yea~” I laughed.

“Is that all we can do? Kiss only?” He asked.

I gasped at his sudden question. I kept quiet, not wanting to answer him.

“Yah~ You’re asleep already? Or are you avoiding?” He asked.

I continued to keep quiet while listening to him mutter to himself until he fell asleep.

“We’ll do anything you want.” I whispered when I confirmed he was asleep.

I lie on my side, looking at him while he slept. Although it was dark, I could still see him.

Seungho, my Seungho, as tough as he look on the outside, he is actually just a boy. My boy~

“I love you, and thank you.” I said softly as I leaned in to kiss him on his forehead.

***
tumblrm8v1c033sy1qk8h0p.gifJunhyung: Did my son just pass out or what?

tumblrmbdlnuk5da1rrxzru.gifMinji: Hello Seungho and Seungho-ky~

tumblrmbfiugbevx1rrxzru.gifSeungho: I know you hate it when I do stuff like this, but Minji, you got to understand that I love you and I cannot let you die when I know I can save you. This is the least I can do you for, love. I know what you’re going to say. You want to say that you’re going to die anyway so no point wasting my time on you, right? But darling, no. Even I could prolong your life for one day, I would do it, no matter what it takes. It’s not that I want you to feel like you owe me anything. It’s just so natural. I have to do it.

tumblrmbfstyheao1rrxzru.gifMinji: But I really would love diamonds and rubies more than organs.

tumblrmbfcwk0fii1qafc24.gifMinji: When we’re both better, we can kiss as long as you want.

***
I think the both of them should be the most active patients ever haa~ Walking around, shifting furniture, laughing heartedly all after a considerably major surgery~ What is this... Hahaha~

dryang2.gif