Responsibility

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

“What are you talking about? What day? Which day? What dead man? Who is dead?” Minji asked.

“I am dead. I AM DEAD! Not physically, but inside!” I cried.

“Shhh shhh~” She hugged me and pulled me up.

“Can you walk?” She asked.

I nodded. I winced when a sharp pain attacked my side when I tried to stand up.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, holding onto my arm.

“Noth.. nothing.” I said.

She frowned at me.

“It just… hurts.. a little.” I said.

“Is it bleeding?” She asked, pulling up my top at the same time.

“No!” I yanked my top down, feeling a little embarrassed.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, surprised.

“Public.” I mumbled.

“Ouh.” She smiled to herself.

“But your knees are scraped.” She said, pointing to my knees.

The pants were torn at the knees because of the rough floor and my knees were scraped bloody.

“It’s alright.” I said.

“It’s not alright.” She said, helping me to sit down on a bench.

“Wait here, alright?” She said.

She covered her shawl over my head before running off. I was a little surprised for a moment, but I remembered I had no disguise on. I left the shawl over my head while waiting for her to come back.

“Why did you keep this on!?” She laughed, pulling the shawl off my head.

“I don’t know. I thought…” I said.

“Silly boy!” She laughed, wrapping the shawl around my face nicely.

I smiled, but I had no idea if she could see since the shawl was covering half my face.

“This is going to hurt.” She said, rolling my pants up, revealing my bloody knees.

I nodded.

“Sorry.” She kept apologizing as she dabbed alcohol on my wounds.

“Don’t have to apologize. It’s not your fault.” I said, wincing as the alcohol stung me.

She smiled awkwardly as she continued to help me dress my wound.

“Is it too tight?” She asked before securing the bandage.

I shook my head.

“Alright. All done.” She smiled, slapping both my thighs lightly.

“Thanks.” I said.

She sat down beside me, cleaning her hands. We remained silent for a while until she turned to look at me.

“So, what is it that you wanted to say?” She asked.

I looked at her.

“I promise you I’ll let you finish without being violent.” She said, raising both her palms.

I laughed and she laughed too.

“Do you remember that day when I came back to the hospital, I hugged you the moment I saw you, without saying anything else? You asked what’s wrong and if I wanted to talk about it, but I said no. I just wanted to hug you.” I asked.

She nodded.

“I met your father that day. Or rather, he came to look for me.” I said, staring at my hands.

/FLASHBACK

“Seungho,” My manager hyung called out.

“Yea, hyung?” I asked, stopping the treadmill.

“Someone’s looking for you.” He said.

“Who?” I asked, panting as I wiped my face.

“I don’t know. He wouldn’t tell me his name. He just said you know him and he wants to meet you. I did not want to let you meet him because he looks and sounds creepy, but he had this some sort of strange force that makes you not able to go against him.” He said, looking a little crept out.

The moment he described it like this, I knew who it was.

“I think I know who you are referring to. Where is he?” I asked.

“In the café downstairs.” He said.

“I’ll meet him, then go to the hospital on my own. No worries.” I smiled.

“You sure? I’ll wait for you. He seems scary.” He said.

“Hyung, he wouldn’t eat me or anything of that sort!” I laughed.

“Alright, alright. Text me when you get to the hospital.” He said.

I washed up before going down to meet the man. Just like I expected, it was Minji’s father. He sat with his legs crossed, his finger stirring his cup of coffee, looking as intimidating as he always does.

“Hello.” I bowed to him.

“Oh, you’re here. Sit down.” He said.

I sat down quickly. Like my manager hyung said, he has a strange force that makes people not able to go against him.

“Don’t look so stiff.” He said, but it made me more nervous instead.

“Mm..” I nodded.

“You’ve lost weight.” He said.

I touched my face.

“Erm.. My company says I’m too fat so I erm.. am trying to lose some weight.” I said.

He laughed out loud and shook his head.

“Fat? Well, they should just get some sticks to perform for them if they want stick-like idols.” He said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“My.. manager said.. you were looking for me?” I asked.

“Yes.” He said simply.

I looked at him.

“I heard that you did tests to see if your bone marrow suits Minji’s.” He said.

I was a little surprise, but then again, what does this man not know?

“And so?” I asked, trying to sound calm.

“Do you know Minji had a sister, and what happened to her?” He asked.

I nodded.

“After that, Minji never accepted any bone marrow from anyone else. She felt that it was her fault her sister died.” He said.

“You made her feel like she was at fault.” I said.

He narrowed his eyes at me. He was angry, but he held it in.

“And I am sorry for that. But that’s not my point today.” He said.

“Then what’s your point?” I asked.

“I have a strong feeling that your bone marrow will match Minji’s, but she’ll never accept it. I want her to recover too. I’ll help you.” He said.

“What do you want in return?” I asked.

“What do you mean by that? I am not doing business with my daughter’s life.” He said, sounding angry.

I looked at him, knowing that he sure has something up his sleeves.

“I just want my daughter back.” He said.

“Huh?” I looked at him, confused.

“I know she is pregnant now, and there’s nothing you can do. So even if you were to donate your bone marrow to her, it would be after she gives birth.” He said.

I was pretty shocked that he did not seem the slightest bit angry at the fact I got Minji pregnant. It was as thou he had expected this to happen.

“And then?” I asked.

“I’ll take her away after you donate your bone marrow to her.” He said.

“What!?” I got a little agitated, but he kept his calm.

“Do you think that just by donating your bone marrow would be enough? She needs treatment too, and Korea is just not the place for it.” He said.

“Get to your point.” I gritted my teeth.

“I cannot trust my girl to a guy like you, honestly. You sure are talented, famous and very handsome. You love her a lot, I can tell. But in life we cannot just live with love. We need stability, and that’s something you don’t have.” He said.

“If you can leave everything behind and come with us, I’ll give you everything you want.” He said.

“Everything I want is here.” I said.

“Then, too bad.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“She wouldn’t go with you.” I said.

“I know, that’s why I will take her.” He smiled.

“You can’t force her!” I clenched my fists tight.

He just smiled.

We were silent until I spoke.

“Why are you doing this?” I mumbled, staring at my palms.

“I just want the best for her. Can you look into my eyes and tell me you’re the best one for her?” He asked.

He is right. I cannot.

“You see. You can’t do it. As mean as this sounds, but you’re like a stone in a way, blocking her from greater good.” He said.

Is this where Minji got it from; the ability to tear people apart with merely words.

“Come with us, and I’ll guarantee you will be better than before.” He said.

I buried my face in my palms.

“I have to go. Decide and let me know.” He said, patting my arm before leaving.

I stayed in the café for an hour or so, thinking over his words. Just as I was thinking about I should contact him, I found his number on the table. I gave him a call.

“Decided already? Are you coming with us? If yes, I can arrange for you to leave in a beautiful way.” He said.

“I’m not coming.” I said, digging my nails into my palm.

“What?” He asked, sounding angry.

“I’m not coming with you. I cannot leave MBLAQ. I cannot leave everything here.” I repeated.

“Haa~ I see.” He scoffed.

“But let me save Minji.” I said.

“What makes you think you have the rights to do so?” He asked.

“DON’T TAKE HER LIFE AS A BUSINESS GAME!” I yelled in anger.

“Okay. What do you want in return? State an amount.” He said.

“Not everyone is as money minded as you.” I hissed.

“Oh, really? But everyone is realistic. Everyone does something because they want something in return. I’m taking her away from you. You would not let me take her so easily, unless you don’t love her enough.” He said.

“You’re right. I do want something from you.” I said.

He laughed, mocking me.

“I want her wellness. Promise me you’ll love her and never leave her. Promise me you’ll find any method to cure her.” I said.

“I don’t need you to teach me that. I am her father.” He said.

“That’s all I ask for.” I said softly.

“I give you my word. I’ll update you on her condition. But you are never to appear in front of her anymore. You are not to contact her. I want you out of her life, totally.” He said.

“Why…?” I asked, feeling weak out of a sudden.

“Because you’re not the one for her. Can you promise me that?” He asked.

“If I don’t?” I asked.

“She’ll not have your bone marrow.” He said.

“How could you?” I asked.

“There’s no such thing as ‘how could you’, boy. This world is like that and you have a long way.” He said.

I remained silent.

“Okay.” I forced the word out of my throat.

“You promised me, remember that. If you break our promise, I’ll take extreme measures.” He said.

“Like what?” I asked.

“I’ll marry her off. Don’t you know there are lots of people wanting to marry Minji because of many reasons?” He asked.

My heart sank. The thought of having Minji marry someone not to her liking just sickens me.

“So, do you promise me or not?” He asked.

“Yes.” I choked out.

“Alright. I’ll be nice to let you spend more time with her for now, and any time you change your mind about coming, just let me know. The offer is on.” He said, ending the call.

“I’m so sorry, Minji ah~” I closed my eyes, banging my head against the table top.

Suddenly, I do not feel alive anymore.

/END OF FLASHBACK

Minji stared at me, crying.

“I’m so sorry, Seungho.” She said, cupping my cheek.

“I’m sorry for being a coward. I should have fought for you. I shouldn't have got scared when he threatened me. I…” I choked on my own tears.

“You’re not a coward.” She said, forcing a smile.

“I am. I just let him take you away from me, and I claim to love you with my life. I..” I looked away.

“He’s an .” She said.

I shook my head.

“So, he told you I am alive?” She asked.

“How did you think I would be this functional if I didn’t know you were okay?” I asked.

She smiled slightly.

“I could have searched for you. I could try trace down the address whenever he sent me money, but I..” She cut me off before I could finish.

“He sent you money, and you accepted?” She asked, her expression forced.

“Only because there was no return address.” I said hurriedly.

“But you still accepted it.” She looked disappointed.

“I did not! I never cashed out the cheques! I swear! I carry them everywhere I go because I want to throw the whole stack back at him when I meet him! My wallet is in the hospital. I can show it to you later.” I said.

She smiled and shook her head.

“I know you wouldn’t. I was just teasing you. Sorry.” She poked my cheek.

“Everyday is a pain to live on. I don't feel alive anymore. If not for Minki who kept me busy for two years, I really don’t know how I would have survived.” I said.

“True. Two years, and a lot of things changed.” She said.

“Do you have someone already?” I asked.

She looked at me.

“I don’t, but you do, don’t you?” She asked.

“Did you think I was kidding when I said you’re the only one for me?” I asked.

“Some people are meant to fall in love but not meant to be together forever, don’t you understand? And we just so happen to be that kind.” She said.

“You’re single, and I’m single. Why can’t we continue our relationship? I’ll fight for you. I don’t care if your father threatens me with MBLAQ or my life, Minji, I’ll fight for you. Trust me. I’ll do it this time. Please.” I pleaded.

“Seungho. You have a daughter now. You cannot just leave the mother of your child like that. It’s irresponsible.” She said.

“Exactly because it is irresponsible, I’m trying to take up the responsibility I was supposed to fulfill two years ago!” I grabbed onto her hand.

She looked at me, confused.

“You’re the mother of my daughter. Minki is our daughter. She didn’t die that day.” I said, tears falling down my cheeks again as I remembered.

She stared at me, jaw dropped. 

***
Now you know why he was so calm when they told him Minji is gone? 
I hope I cleared up the confusion as to what happened. I am a little lost myself too haha sorry ><
But if you're still confused, let me know and I'll try write out something.

tumblrmcqzppvjvy1qcrtyd.gif