"Give me a chance."

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

I sat against the door, listening to him repeat ‘Give me a chance’. This man is mad. He has been at it for the past hour and did not seem like he was going to give up any time sooner.

“Stop already. Go off.” I muttered.

“Give me a chance, please.” I heard him say faintly.

I got up and went to freshen up. After that, I did whatever I had to do, occasionally looking out of the door to see if he was still there. Each time I looked, I would see him. He went from standing to leaning against the wall to sitting on the ground now.

“Give me a chance..” I heard him.

I had no idea how many times he had said it already. I guess he lost count too. I ignored him and continued with my work. It got quiet so I assumed that he left. When I finally looked up from my canvas, it was already evening. I took a quick shower and prepared to head out to deliver the art piece to the buyer.

“Omo!” I got a shock when I found him still sitting at my door, head leaning against the wall, legs sprawled out.

He looked up at me and smiled tiredly.

“Give… me a chance.” He muttered really softly.

I buried my face in my palms and squatted down in front of him.

“Are you mad? Huh?” I asked.

“Give me a chance.” He kept repeating.

Each time after he said it, he would tap his phone. I looked down to see what he was doing. It was a counter, and it wrote ‘9009’.

“Give me… a chance.” He said, coughing slightly.

‘9010’

“Stop it.” I said.

“Give me a chance.” He repeated.

‘9011’

“Please. Stop it!” I frowned.

“Give me a chance.” He continued.

‘9012’

I snatched his phone and cleared the counter before throwing the phone back to him. He looked at me with a shocked expression.

“Enough, alright!? Please!” I shouted.

He in a deep breath and sat up straight. He fiddled with his phone for a while. He cleared his throat and looked at me.

“Give me a chance.” He said, pressing the counter.

‘1’

“Oh my goodness.” I muttered.

“Give me a chance.” He said.

‘2’

“Give me a…” I cut him off before he could finish.

“OKAY! OKAY! OKAY!” I yelled.

“Really!? Really!?” He grabbed my hands.

“Get up.” I said.

“You’re not kidding me, right? Huh? You’re really giving me a chance? Huh?” He asked as he tried to stand up.

I had to pull him up and he was not light at all.

“Come in.” I said, helping him into my house.

I let him sit down before going to get him water. His throat should be as dry as the desert now.

“Here.” I said as I handed him the cup of water.

I watch him gulp the water down.

“Drink slowly.” I said, worried that he might choke.

“Really?” He asked as he put the empty cup down.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re giving me a chance? Really?” He asked with a wide smile.

“Ask again and you’ll get another answer.” I threatened.

“I…” He covered his mouth.

I chuckled at his cuteness.

“We’ll talk later. I got to go out for awhile.” I said.

“Where are you going?” He asked with a slight pout.

“Got to go deliver something.” I said, standing up.

“Let’s go together.” He said.

“No. I don’t want to have to call the ambulance if you pass out. Just rest here. I’ll be back real soon. It’s just across the street.” I said.

“Okay.” He said obediently.

“See you later.” I pat his head before leaving.

I delivered the painting quickly and bought some food before heading back. He should be starving by now. When I got back, I saw him curled up on the carpet, asleep. I put the food on the table before heading to him. I push his fringe out of his face and watch him sleep.

“How is it that you look sicker than I am?” I said softly as I played with his hair.

“Mmmm~” He stirred in his sleep.

I cursed myself inwardly for waking him up.

“Shhhh~” I tried to hush him back to sleep, but I know I failed when he started smiling.

“You’re back.” He said in a husky voice.

“Yea. Sorry I woke you.” I apologized.

“I wasn’t really asleep.” He said, sitting up.

“You were snoring so loudly.” I .

“I wasn’t.” He said, lying down on my lap.

“Yah~ Who gave you the permission to lie like this huh?” I said.

“The ‘Perks of a Boyfriend’ law did.” He grinned.

“Perks of a what?” I asked, amused at how he came up with something like that.

“Boyfriend.” He laughed.

“What in the world…” I laughed as well.

However, the laughter died down really quickly and a deafening silence took over.

“Minji ah~” He broke the silence.

He held onto my hand and looked up at me.

“Mmm..” I responded, looking away.

“Look at me, please.” He said.

“What?” I muttered, looking at him.

He raised his hand to touch my cheek.

“I’m not sixteen anymore. I passed the age to get together with someone and break up after three months.” He said.

“So?” I asked.

“So, trust me. Trust me when I say I love you.” He said.

“I trust you. I just…” I looked away.

“What? Don’t trust yourself?” He asked, sitting up.

He cupped my cheeks, forcing me to face him.

“You’re going to regret this, Seungho.” I said.

“Of course I am. I am already regretting it.” He said.

Well, that is pretty fast.

“I regretted not looking for you earlier. I regretted not confessing earlier. I regretted the fact I was so confused. I regretted not being able to be with you earlier. I regret so much. But I’m glad I found you now. Minji ah, you’re not alone. You have me now.” He said.

"You were such a cheapo. You were really counting?" I asked.

"What cheapo!? I was counting as a proof for you!" He argued.

"How do I know if you really said it or you just randomly pressed the counter?" I asked.

"Wahhhh~ Is this how you view me!?" He pouted.

"So were you really going to stop at ten thousand and one?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Eww~ Cheapo~" I teased.

"After ten thousand and one 'give me a chance', I'm going to say 'I love you' instead, and I wouldn't need a counter for that, because for as long as I have my voice, I'll keep saying it to you." He said.

I smiled and lean in to kiss him on his cheek. From the corner of my eye, I could see his eyes widened in surprise. I giggled at his cuteness.

“Let’s feed you before you pass out again.” I said, poking his stomach.

“Being with you is enough.” He said, but the growling of his stomach spoiled his cheesy line.

“Right!” I laughed.

“Aigoo, shut up! Shh!” He slapped his stomach.

Seungho ah, for as long as I am breathing, I promise I will bring you happiness and happiness only.

***

tumblrm8nevhtmcc1qfa6cu.gifWhen Minji said 'okay'

tumblrm8it12brfy1r3tq1q.gifSeungho: *to his stomach* Aigoo, shut up! Shh!