Keeping in contact

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

“Kekekekeke~” He started giggling while munching on the onigiri I handed to him.

I looked up from my noodles and stared at him.

“Hahahahahahahehehehehehekekekekekeke!!” He kept laughing.

This crazy fellow. Looking at him laugh made me laugh as well. I poked his arm to get his attention.

“Huh? Oh. Sorry.” He apologized, but did not stop laughing.

He ended up choking on the rice.

“Aie~” I sighed as I went to grab him a bottle of water.

“Here.” I said, patting his back as I handed him water.

“Th… ank you..” He coughed, still smiling.

I made sure he was okay before going to pay for the bottle of water. When I came back, he tried to hand me money, but I ignored him.

“Why are you ignoring me?” He asked.

“I’m not.” I said.

“Anything you say.” He mumbled.

We continued to eat in silence, before he broke it.

“Why didn’t you leave that day?” He asked.

“What?” I asked.

“That day. I asked for your name. You said you would tell me after I wake up.” He said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“You promised me.” He said, pouting slightly.

I did not expect him to be so serious about wanting to know my name.

“I…” I mumbled.

“Why did you break your promise?” He asked, looking upset.

I smiled slightly at his expression. How cute, like a little boy after his parents lied to him about getting him ice cream. But he did not seem too amused at the fact I was smiling.

“Sorry.” I apologized.

“Don’t you care? I mean… you saved me. Why did you save me? And then why did you leave after that? Why?” He demanded.

“I couldn’t let you die, could I?” I asked.

“So you were saving me just because you couldn’t let me die? You saved me only because it was human to do so? You saved me so you wouldn’t feel guilty for letting a human die in your sight?” He asked.

I absentmindedly nodded.

“Well, then, thank you, fellow human being.” He said coldly.

I looked at him as he stood up.

“You didn’t have to go so far, you know. You could have just let me died. I rather died in the hands of a cold-blooded person than know that the person who saved me is as cold-blooded. I sincerely thought you cared. I thought you had something on, that’s why you did not check on me. I guess I am wrong. You were just… doing your part as a fellow human. Come to think of it, who am I to get upset? I’m just… someone out there, who happened to be dying.” He muttered the last sentence.

“I’m sorry.” I muttered under my breath as I watch him walk out of the convenience store.

I wanted to go after him, but my body did not allow me to. I sighed, burying my face in my palms.

/FLASHBACK

I was on my bike, just riding around for the fun of it. I know it is weird. What is a girl doing in a place like that? No buildings, no people, only trees and more trees. I was out here because it was nice and quiet. I paint, and I was in need of inspiration, therefore I pulled myself out from the busy city and found my way here.

I was chilling alone, sitting on the top of a hill, looking up at the skies when I heard someone shouting. I was so startled I almost fell off. I was positive I was alone when I came. I looked around but did not see anything.

Because I was high up, I had a bird’s eye view on the entire place. I would not have spotted the house if not because someone walked out. I could not see him clearly, but I could tell he was a man. Why would anyone live here? Perhaps he just did.

I continued to mind my own business. I did not want to make my presence known. Who knows what he might do? I mean, the fact he is living here, he obviously does not want anyone to know about it. I pulled out my canvas and painting stuff before starting on my piece.

“OPEN, YOU STUPID ! OPEN!!!”  I heard out of a sudden.

It was coming from that house. Something is wrong, it is obvious. I left my canvas aside and dropped my paintbrush. I saw that man again. He was standing outside the door.

“ING LET ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! UGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!”  I heard clearly.

The voice belonged to a man.

I was hesitating whether to ignore or go check it out. Perhaps it was curiosity, I found myself heading down the hill. I was making my way down rather slowly until I heard a gunshot.

“What the…” I mumbled as I ran.

As I ran, more gunshots were fired.

I almost slammed myself into the house but managed to stop myself just in time. I peeped through a small slid into the house. The same man I saw just now was firing into a cardboard box. Maybe he is just practicing, I thought. But there was someone else just now, no? The one who shouted.

Maybe… I heard wrongly?

“It hit you, didn’t it?” The man said as he headed towards the cardboard box.

Oh, I did not hear wrongly.

I gasped as the man tore open the cardboard box, revealing a badly wounded man. Despite his wounds, he looked very familiar, like I have seen him before. I stood outside, thinking hard. Of course, I have seen him before. Practically the whole nation is searching for him. Yang Seungho, the leader of a certain boy group, MBLAQ or something like that.

“Hahaha~ It hurts, doesn’t it?” The man said as he poked into Yang Seungho’s wound.

“Why?” I think I heard Yang Seungho asked.

“Because. Simply BECAUSE!” The man kicked him in his stomach.

What did this Yang Seungho do to him that caused him to want to hurt him so badly? Did he steal his girlfriend or something? Even so, there is no reason for anyone to hurt someone like that.

“Junhyungie? Oh, that rapper. Maybe you want to ask him to watch out too. Want to call him?” The man asked.

“Don’t you dare touch him!” Yang Seungho yelled. For someone wounded so badly, he sure can yell very loud.

“You do not tell me what to do!” The man grabbed his shoulder hard.

I winced as I felt the pain although it was not me.

“If you want to kill me, do it now.” Yang Seungho said.

He got a hard slap for it.

“I SAID, DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!” The man shouted. His weakness is overflowing.

“Do it now.” Yang Seungho said, perhaps on purpose because he found his weakness too.

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! DON’T! DON’T! DON’T!!!” The man kicked him wildly.

“What sort of… killer are you? So… easily angered… by mere words.” Yang Seungho choked out.

This Yang Seungho is either stalling for time or he just wants to have some fun before he dies. He does not even plead to be let go.

 “You!!!!” The man squeezed his shoulders hard, as thou directing all his anger onto them.

I caught Yang Seungho smirking at him.

The man grabbed the gun and pushed it against his forehead.

“Let’s see how long you can laugh.” The man said.

“Longer… than you. Do it.” Yang Seungho said. Still having fun, tsk.

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He hit his head with the back of the gun

 He did not pass out, but he was not that awake either, I could tell, he was struggling.

I watch the man aim his gun at Yang Seungho. I had to do something. This Yang Seungho guy is sure a little annoying because of his cockiness, but he does not deserve to die, not like that. But what can I do? I have nothing with me. I cannot be ramming my motorbike into the house, could I? I cannot do that. I looked around, trying to look for anything that could become a weapon, but none.  I only had myself.

I decided I could use what I do best; my best weapon, as well as shield.

“APPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I grinned as I burst into the house.

Tell me again, why am I sacrificing myself for this cocky stranger? Oh, right. I do not have much to lose. Not like I would live very long after all.

/END OF FLASHBACK

I smiled, thinking back what I did.

“Welcome.” I heard the storekeeper say.

I took a glance at the door before turning back to my food. I looked over again when I sense familiarity. It was him, Yang Seungho. He sat back down in front of me. I looked at him. Didn’t he leave?

“Sorry.” He sighed.

“I didn’t mean to say those to you just now. Sorry.” He apologized.

I smiled. I honestly did not expect this.

“But why did you break your promise?” He asked, his voice sounding almost like a plead.

“I did not.” I said.

“You did.” He frowned.

“I said I would tell you my name when you wake up. You’re awake now, and you know my name.” I said.

He seemed a little lost for words. I chuckled at his expression as I wiped my mouth and got up, heading for the door.

“Yah!!! Wait!!!” He yelled as he ran after me.

“Stop leaving me alone!!!” He stomped his foot like a little boy.

“Where are you heading?” He asked as we walked.

“Home.” I said.

“That dangerous place.” I heard him mumble.

I looked at him.

“I don’t mean your home is dangerous. Just…” He looked a little awkward.

He continued walking with me, not speaking. I headed into an arts supplies store.

“You do art?” He asked.

I laughed. He looked at me embarrassingly.

“Why? Is it a stupid question?” He asked, scratching the back of his head.

I shook my head.

“Then why?” He asked.

“You could not shut up for long, could you?” I laughed as I looked at the paint colours.

“I… Tsk! Being able to talk is amazing, you know.” He said as he followed behind me.

“And so is silence.” I said.

“Are you indirectly saying I talk too much?” He asked.

“Don’t assume.” I smiled.

“If I am noisy to you, then you gotta meet Mir.” He said.

“Who is that?” I asked.

“Mir is… Wait. You don’t know Mir? Do you know MBLAQ?” He asked, surprised.

I by shaking my head.

“How could you not know?” He asked, sounding as thou he was suppressing a yell.

“Why do I have to know? Is that very important? What is that?” I teased.

“MBLAQ is not that.” He hissed through his teeth.

“Oh, that boy group. The boy group you’re in.” I said as I headed to the cashier for payment.

“You do know!” He clapped.

The cashier looked at us weirdly before giggling. I turned back to find him grinning widely like a fool. I nudged him in his ribs. I heard him ‘Oww’ softly.

“Do you have a job?” He asked as we headed out. He snatched the bag of art supplies from me.

“What’s your job?” He asked before I could answer his previous question.

I gestured towards the bag he was holding. He looked inside, and then up at me with a shocked expression.

“Are you a loan shark?” He asked, pretty softly, as thou afraid others would hear.

Loan shark?! Where the hell did he get that idea from!? Oh right, I bought red paint. A lot of red paint.

I nodded, just for the fun of it. He was silent all the way back. I turned back just to make sure he was not dead. Well, he looked slightly dead. Very pale, in fact.

“I paint, idiot.” I said, taking the bag from him.

“Not on people’s walls, but on canvas.” I continued.

The colour on his face raced back almost immediately.

“Ohhhh~” He smiled.

“What’s wrong with being a loan shark anyway? It’s still a job.” I said.

“Huh?” He looked at me strangely.

“Not everyone is lucky enough to get the job they desire, you know.” I said.

He nodded.

I waved to him as I turned my back, heading up.

“Wait!” He stopped me.

“Can we… erm… I mean… like… Is it okay if we… hang out, or something? Keep in contact, or what.” He asked, his cheeks turning a slight shade of red.

“I don’t like hanging around. I’m not a monkey.” I said.

“Ah?” He looked confused.

“Never mind.” I laughed at my own joke.

“Oh! Ahh~ I don’t mean it that way! It’s just a term! Tsk!” He laughed.

“I can come and look for you, can I? Is it okay?” He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“We can… go places, have some food, and all.” He mumbled, but loud enough for me to hear.

I nodded.

“Exchange… numbers?” He asked.

“Numbers?” I asked.

“Do you have a phone?” He asked.

“If I say no?” I asked.

“I can… buy you one.” He said softly.

“Is this the latest way to get someone’s number? Buy them a phone?” I asked.

“Eh?” His cheeks were flushed.

I put the bag of stuff down and took his phone from his hands. I gave myself a call, before handing the phone back to him.

“Oh, you have a phone.” He smiled.

“Saves your money, right?” I asked.

“No!!!!!!!! Not like that!” He shook his head.

I waved at him, walking off.

“YAH!!! WHY DID YOU CLEAR MY PHONE RECORDS!? HOW IS IT FAIR THAT YOU HAVE MY NUMBER NOW AND I DON’T HAVE YOURS!? YAH!!!!” I laughed when I heard him shout as the lift door closed.

***
tumblrm79bk2iklx1qa8470.gifSeungho: Well, then, thank you, fellow human being.

tumblrm3rjdl4ieg1rrxzru.gifSeungho: Are you a loan shark?

tumblrm7xdb6u1a41qikw9k.gifWhen Minji gave herself a missed call with his phone