Happy Valentine's Day; Enough

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

I could not concentrate for the next few hours. My mind was filled with Valentine’s Day and Minji. I felt so bad. She prepared so much for me and yet I did not even greet her with happy valentine’s day. I kept staring at my phone, hoping that her name would appear.

“Seungho, do you want to go?” My manager asked.

“YES!” I said hurriedly.

He sighed and crossed his arms, looking at me with a disapproving look.

“I know I should not be acting like this. I should be professional. But I… I’m really feeling very bad. She’s not answering my calls, and I have nothing prepared for her. I…” He cut me off before I could finish.

“Go on. Go buy her a nice present.” He said.

“Really? I can go?” I asked.

“No point keeping you here when your heart is somewhere else. Go, but you’ll have to work extra tomorrow.” He said.

“No worries! Even if I stay back till late or sing till my voice turns hoarse, I’ll finish recording! Thank you! Thank you!” I bowed as I grabbed my stuff.

“Hey! Your flowers!” He said, waving them.

“Oh! YAH! Don’t do that!! My flowers will get a shock and die!!” I snatched the bouquet back from him and cradled them protectively in my arm.

He laughed and shook his head.

“Hyung, stop being so lousy aish! If I were Minji, I would have bought you cactuses!” Mir commented.

“YAH!! Tsk~ Forget it. I don’t have the time to lecture you now. Count yourself lucky.” I said.

“Go quickly! Why are you still talking so much!?” G.O literally pushed me out of the studio.

I ran down the corridor clumsily, banging into people and pillars on the way. When I finally made my way to the car park, my eyes widened when I saw that the lot I parked my car in earlier was empty.

“Where’s my car?” I muttered to myself as I looked around.

I was pretty sure it was this lot because I always parked here and people knew, so they left it empty for me. I walked closer to find a small toy car in replacement of my own car. I picked the toy car up. Beneath it, there was a drawing of a red heart shape.

“Minji!!” I yelled, having a strong sense that she would be around.

But only my echo responded.

I reached for my phone and dialed her number. I laughed out when I heard her phone ringing. This silly girl must have forgotten to turn her phone on to silent.

“Come out already!” I laughed.

True enough, she walked out from behind a few cars away, holding a huge panda balloon. I laughed even harder at the sight of it.

“Stupid phone.” She pouted.

I shook my head and patted her cheek.

“Happy Valentine’s Day!” She grinned, handing the balloon to me.

“Thank you, and I’m sorry.” I said.

“It’s okay, I expected that you would forget.” She said with a sigh.

“Please don’t be angry.” I poked her arm.

“I’m not angry.” She said.

“But actually I am so drop twenty NOW!” She yelled suddenly.

I dropped my stuff and went down to push up position instantly. She laughed loudly and smacked my .

“Get up! I’m just kidding!” She said, pulling me up,

“Have you been here all day?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Aww~” I pulled her into my embrace.

“My turn to give you your Valentine’s Day, okay?” I said.

She nodded.

“Let’s start with a dance and a song!” She said excitedly.

“What!? Now? Here!?” My eyes widened at her sudden request.

“Yea. Now. Here.” She smiled.

“But… There’s CCTV everywhere.. And.. I.. It’s public..” I could feel the embarrassment build up in me already.

“Don’t want to do it? Okay, then don’t do it. Then you drive that home.” She said, pointing to the toy car.

Right, she hid my car.

“Minji ah~” I pleaded.

“Fine, fine. Don’t do it. So much for Valentine’s Day. A little bit of embarrassment and you’re backing out already. Like as if I’ve never done anything embarrassing for you. It’s fine, Yang Seungho. Just go back to work. What Valentine’s Day, it’s just Thursday.” She said, walking off.

“Where are you going!?” I yelled.

“BACK TO WORK! DID YOU THINK MY GALLERY WOULD OPERATE ON IT’S OWN!? I HAD TO FREAKING CLOSE IT!” She shouted.

“Shu bi dupa pa pa pa, Shu bi dupa pa pa pa La la la lala lala li la~ I’m getting roses from you I’m getting a confession from you My Heart’s sha la la la la I’m singing only for you in this night sky Where are you my love? I like everything about you Even my heart sha la la la la Everything in this world is beautiful I keep remembering, my heart is secretly trembling Maybe I like you, Maybe I like you I really never felt like this~” I started singing and dancing.

She bit her lower lip and smiled playfully. What is embarrassment if it could exchange for her smile, Yang Seungho?

“You’re my starlight, the starlight of my heart You’re my moonlight, my precious moonlight I only want to see you, you’re the only person that shines for me You’re my sky, my only sky You’re my sea, my precious sea When we look at each other, we’re constantly smiling That person Oh my love Shu bi dupa pa pa pa Shu bi dupa pa pa pa La la la lala lala li la~” I continued singing and dancing. The more I sang, the less embarrassed I felt. Come to think of it, I think the one being embarrassed now is her.

“We’re going to the clouds too, we can feel them passing by Always sha la la la la

“Oh my love, love. Oh my love I keep remembering, my heart is secretly trembling Maybe I like you, Maybe I like you I really never felt like this~” I grabbed her hand and twirled her around as I sang.

A few people walked passed and stared at us, but I felt no shame out of a sudden. I actually find it quite fun.

“You’re my starlight, the starlight of my heart You’re my moonlight, my precious moonlight I only want to see you, you’re the only person that shines for me You’re my sky, my only sky You’re my sea, my precious sea When we look at each other, we’re constantly smiling That person Oh my love Shu bi dupa pa pa pa, Shu bi dupa pa pa pa La la la lala lala li la~” She buried her face into her palms when I danced around her.

A few people stopped to watch me. Did they seriously think I was putting up a free show for them? I pulled her palms away and laughed when I saw how bright red her cheeks were.

“I’ll have the lights on the dark street I’ll have the lighthouse on the dark sea Until the morning comes, until the sunlight comes I’ll let you shine by my side, stay in my heart 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, GO!~” I grabbed both her hands and forced her to dance with me.

“You’re my love My only love You’re my sun, my only sun We can generously share it with each other, that person You’re my starlight, the starlight of my heart You’re my moonlight, my precious moonlight I only want to see you, you’re the only person that shines for me That person Oh my love Shu bi dupa pa pa pa, Shu bi dupa pa pa pa La la la lala lala li la~” I finished the song and grinned at her.

Those who stayed to watch cheered and clapped. I am feeling slightly embarrassed by it now.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, darling. Don’t leave.” I said.

“You’re so embarrassing.” She muttered, looking down.

“You wanted it.” I said.

“Ahh I hate you~” She covered her face and ran away.

“WAIT!!!” I grabbed my stuff and ran after her with the panda balloon bouncing up and down like an idiot behind me.

She got into the passenger seat and threw the car keys to me.

“I thought you wanted me to sing and dance for you?” I .

“I ASKED YOU TO DO IT ALONE, BUT YOU DRAGGED ME INTO IT!” She yelled.

“And, who asked you to do the whole song!?” She pouted.

“I’m a singer, once I sing, I sing the whole song.” I said.

“Aish!” She crossed her arms.

“Hey, what do you want from me, hmm? You wanted me to sing and dance, and when I do it, you get angry?” I asked.

“I’m not angry! I’m embarrassed! Hur~~~ Everyone’s going to see it!!” She buried her face into her palms and stomped her feet.

“Is it very embarrassing to be Yang Seungho’s wife?” I asked.

“No. Why do you say that?” She asked, looking as thou nothing before happened.

“Then what are you upset about? Aish, let’s go!” I started the car.

“Where are we going?” She asked.

“To buy you a present.” I said.

“I don’t need a present.” She said.

“I have the need to buy you one.” I said.

The stupid panda kept floating up and down in the backseat, like some sort of ghost.

“Gosh, that balloon is pissing me off.” I grumbled.

“You don’t like my present?” She pouted.

“No!!! I love it! It’s just… it keeps bobbing up and down with that stupid face!” I said.

“I bought it with your face in my head, why are you calling yourself stupid?” She laughed.

“Yah!” I frowned at her, but nothing could stop her from laughing.

I took her to the mall and walked quietly behind her while she shopped. I learned the hard way to never give any comments about her being slow or fussy. I once commented that she was taking too long and that I was tired, she replied by asking me to go home. She did not sound angry but it was written all over her face that she was pissed off. I never said anything again after that.

I watch as she walked into shops, tried on stuff, look at everything, but never bought anything. Minji shops a lot. She always returns home with a lot of stuff, but she does not simply buy anything she sees.

“Why are you so quiet?” She asked, turning to me.

“Huh? I.. Erm.. Just..” I muttered, unable to come up with an answer for her sudden question.

She smiled and linked her arm with mine.

“Tired?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“Don’t lie. Do you want to go to a café to grab a drink and sit down for a bit?” She asked.

“It’s okay, we’ll continue shopping.” I said.

“Come on, let’s go, I’m tired too.” She said, dragging me along.

“Do you… have anything… you want to buy in mind?” I asked carefully while we ate.

She looked up at me. For a split moment, I thought she was going to scold me.

“Nope.” She smiled instead.

“Oh.” I muttered.

“Why not… You wait here, while I go buy you a gift.” I suggested.

“Why? Am I taking too long?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“It’s supposed to be my present for you, right?” I said.

“Alright then.” She smiled.

I finished my drink and kissed her on her cheek before leaving. Actually, I already knew what I wanted to get for her. I walked around with her just to confirm my thinking.

Minji’s POV

I flipped through magazines while waiting for Seungho to come back. I was distracted and I could not stop looking around. Where did he go? Did he know what I want? Then again, there was never one present that Seungho got me I did not like. He was observant and just always knew.

I smiled when I saw him walking back. He had his hands behind his back and a wide grin plastered on his face.

“So, what is it that you’ve bought?” I asked.

He handed me a stalk of red rose.

“This?” I asked, taking the rose from him.

I touched the petals and smelled its fragrance.

“Would you be disappointed if it’s just this?” He asked.

“Why would I be? This is enough for me, you know it.” I said.

“So it seems like we can forget about this?” He said, putting two small paper bags down onto the table.

I would be lying if I said I was not happy.

“Can I open it?” I asked.

“Nope, you got to wait till the moon turns blue and the pigs could fly. Open it, woman! If not now, then when?” He said.

I laughed at his sarcasm. I opened his gifts for me and smiled at him.

“Like it?” He asked.

“Love it.” I said.

He bought me a watch and a bottle of perfume. He grinned proudly.

“I knew you’ll like it.” He said.

“Yea, yea~ So full of yourself.” I said.

“Of course!” He grabbed my hand.

“Let’s go!” He said excitedly.

“Where!?” I asked.

“Part two!” He said.

“Eh!?” I looked at him, surprised.

He did not give me the chance to speak. We were out of the mall and in the car.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Home.” He smiled.

“Home? Why?” I asked.

“Someone important is coming over.” He said.

“Who?” I asked.

“You’ll know!” He said.

“Who is coming?” I asked as we headed into the house.

“Chef Yang!” He grinned.

“Chef Yang? Who in the world is that?” I asked.

“You don’t know Chef Yang!? Wah~ How could you? He sleeps beside you every night.” He said.

“Sleeps beside… Yah?! YOU!? ARE YOU GOING TO COOK!? DON’T BURN DOWN OUR KITCHEN!” I yelled.

“You don’t trust me? Gosh~ Tsk tsk~” He pouted at me.

“Don’t fool around.” I said.

“I’m serious. Tonight’s Vday dinner is on me. You can go rest, take a nap or what. I’ll call you when dinner is ready!” He smiled.

“Seungho~” I said.

“Trust Chef Yang, sweetheart.” He kissed me on my forehead.

He seemed determined to cook, so I guess I will just let him. I was a little worried, but I let him be. I sat on the sofa to read, and then drifted off into sleep even before I knew it.

“Wakey~ Wakey~” A voice said, tapping my cheek.

I groaned as I opened my eyes. Seungho smiled widely at me. He was perspiring and had food stain on his shirt.

“What happened?” I mumbled.

“Nothing. Just that, dinner is ready.” He said.

“Oh.” I sat up, slapping my cheek to wake myself up.

He led me to the dining table. I smiled when I saw what he had prepared. He cooked a lot of food; soup, salad, main course being steak and pasta, as well as side dishes. We even had wine and a candle light.

“Looks good.” I said.

“I told you to trust Chef Yang.” He said proudly.

He pulled the chair out for me to sit in.

“Wait here while I go wash up.” He said.

I nodded. I caught a glimpse of his hands when he went upstairs; he had plasters on both his index finger and middle finger. Did he cut himself? This dinner is made with Seungho’s blood and sweat, literally.

Seungho’s POV

I heard knocking on the bathroom door as I was washing up.

“I’m almost done!” I yelled.

“Just open the door.” Minji said.

“Wait, darling. I’m almost done.” I said.

“Open the door.” She repeated.

“Tsk~ I’m washing my…” I opened the door to find not her but a cup with a string attached to it.

The string led all the way downstairs. I picked the cup up and put it against my ear.

“Can you hear me?” I heard her say.

I laughed and nodded, but smacked myself inwardly when I realized she could not see me.

“Yes.” I said into the cup.

“Then listen well, because I’m not going to repeat whatever I’m going to say.” She said.

“Okay.” I said, then sat down and put the cup against my ear, listening to her.

“I love you, Seungho ah~ Thank you for everything you do to make me happy. Thank you and sorry for the embarrassment and tantrum you have to endure. Seungho, you know I’m never good with words. I don’t know how to say ‘thank you’ sincerely, neither do I know how to say ‘sorry’ and sound like I mean it. I should be telling you all these face to face, although we have been married for awhile, it’s still so embarrassing. Seungho, I don’t know if you know this but this is my first time celebrating Valentine’s Day. In the past, I never had anyone for Valentine, and when I met you, we just never seem to be able to celebrate this kind of special occasion together. So when I knew that we would have a chance this year, I got so excited.” She said, chuckling.

I heard her sniff. Was she crying?

“I used to think that I would never get married. Because of my personality and just… I think no likes me at all. You know how they always say that there is a red thread connecting two soulmates, and that everyone would have a connection with someone in a way or another. I used to think that my thread must have got cut off, but then you came along. It’s like… you glued the thread back together. This is going to sound very cheesy, but Seungho, I hope that the rest of my Valentine’s Day would only be spent with you, because I want no one else but you. I love you, Seungho. Seungho… Oppa~” She said.

I dropped the cup and went to her. She was sitting on the stairs, her face buried into her knees.

“I want no one else but you too, darling.” I said, hugging her from behind.

She looked at me and smiled, her eyes red.

“Baby, I can see your sincerity and effort. You don’t have to prove anything to me because I know.” I said.

“But I’m lacking in so many ways…” She said softly.

“Doesn’t matter, love. We fill each other up. No one is perfect, but you’re perfect enough for me.” I said, kissing her on her lips.

I supported her by her back while we kissed. We broke apart shortly after for air. We stared into each other’s eyes as we breathed.

“Shall we go and eat now?” I asked, wiping the tears away from her eyes.

She nodded. I held onto her hand and led her downstairs, and then let her sit down before I took my seat.

“Shall we?” She smiled.

I nodded. I happened to glance at the clock and got a shock. It was 8PM.

“IT’S 8!! MINKI!!!” I yelled, suddenly remembering that my princess is still in the childcare.

Minji smiled at me.

“Why are you smiling!? We have to go pick Mink!” I said, running to the door.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

“Sit back down. I’ve already gotten someone to pick her up. Tonight, it’s just you and me.” She said.

“You’ve gotten someone to pick her?” I asked.

“Of course. Did you think I would be so careless?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“But I’m kinda happy that you forgot Minki.” She said after I sat back down.

“Are you jealous of your own daughter?” I .

“No, not that. It’s just that, I’m happy I still have the ability to make you forget the world.” She said, emphasizing on the word ‘world’.

“Don’t you know you always have the ability to make me forget everything, including my own surname?” I asked.

She blushed and looked down.

“How’s the taste?” I asked as we ate.

“Not bad.” She mumbled.

“Really?” I asked.

She nodded, seemingly forced.

“Don’t lie to me.” I said.

I knew my cooking was not good. I could cook, but it would always taste funny, like something was missing.

“It’s just…” She muttered.

“It tastes weird, right?” I laughed.

She nodded.

“I don’t know why it happens all the time.” I said.

“But I’ll eat it.” She said.

“Of course you have to. Do you know how expensive is it to hire Chef Yang?” I said.

“Yea, yea. Chef Yang and his unique cooking.” She said.

“Yah~” I stared at her.

But the staring did not last for long because we both started laughing.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, darling.” I said.

She nodded and gave me a small smile. I was not expecting anything more than that from her. She is Minji after all, always awkward and unable to express herself well with actions. But nothing else mattered as long as I have her with me. Her presence is the biggest indication of her love for me, and that is enough as far as I am concerned. 

***
Thank you for reading! ^^ Have an awesome day! 

tumblrmghkntspyv1rnxf8k.gif