One life

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

I choked on my own breath when he yelled. I stared at him in shock for a few seconds before slamming my palm against the buttons of the lift, hoping it would stop at a certain level.

“OPEN THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He shouted, his face turning a dark shade of red.

“Relax! Hey! Look at me!” I tried to hold him but he did not seem like he was himself. He kept punching wildly, hitting me in my face a few times.

“Why isn’t it stopping!?” I looked at the number of the lift go up.

“Help!!!!!!!” He was on the floor, grabbing my legs.

I decided that instead of trying to stop the lift, I should calm him instead.

“Help me!!! PLEASE!!! I can’t… can’t…” He seemed to be choking.

He started gasping for air.

“Calm down! Please! Look at me! You’re okay! You’re fine! Breathe!” I held onto him tightly.

“Ca…n’t...” He choked out.

His eyes rolled back, for a mere second, I thought he would pass out.

“Don’t!” I yelled, slapping his face.

The lift finally came to a stop at the seventh level. It felt like it took forever to get here.

“Look! Look! It’s open!” I tried to divert his attention.

I held the lift door open with my foot while cradling him in my arms. He was still gasping. I was afraid he would choke himself to death.

“Breathe! Relax! It’s fine! You’re okay.” I rubbed his chest lightly, in hope to calm him down.

It took him a few minutes to breathe properly again. His cheeks were flushed and he was perspiring a lot.

“Feeling better?” I asked.

He nodded weakly. I let out a sigh. I have been unconsciously holding my breath all these while.

“Can you stand?” I asked.

He nodded. He tried, but failed.

“Come.” I said, linking my arm with his, pulling him up.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” He yelled suddenly, his reflex shoved me to the corner of the lift.

“Agh~” I whined as my back hit the wall of the lift hard.

I stared blankly as the lift door closed. He was punching the buttons of the lift wildly, but it was too late.

“Damn it!” I cursed myself for forgetting to hold onto the ‘Open’ button before helping him up.

“It’s fine! Seungho! Look at me!” I tried to get him to look at me.

“STOP IT!!! OPEN THE DOOR!!! PLEASE!!!!” He punched the buttons until his knuckles bled.

I grabbed his hands and pushed him to the back of the lift. He was struggling, but I managed to hold him in place perhaps because he does not have much energy left in him.

“Calm down. Look at me. It’s okay. I’m with you. It’s alright. Calm down.” I said as I placed my palm on his chest, patting him lightly.

He looked at me, his expression spelt nothing but fear. He was shaking badly and his hands were icy.

“You’re okay. You’ll be okay. Breathe, and you’ll be fine.” I said, hoping it will calm him.

His expression seemed pained and his breath was choppy, but at least he was breathing.

Relief washed over me when I heard that damn ‘ding’, indicating that the lift has reached its level. His expression relaxed a little when the door of the lift opened.

“Now, we walk out. Can you walk?” I asked, holding his hand still.

He nodded. This time I remembered to hold onto the ‘Open’ button this time as I led him out. I let him lean against the wall as I hurried to open my door, afraid he would collapse, in which he did, but thankfully inside my house.

“Hey!” I held onto him before he could go crashing onto the floor.

“Here.” I said, half dragging him onto the fluffy carpet.

“I’ll be back, okay?” I said as I let him lie down.

He did not respond, but instead bury his face into the carpet. Fortunately, I just sent the carpet for washing, or else… Eww~

I came back with a cup of cold water and a cold towel. I touched his back, but instantly regretted because it was soaked in his sweat.

“Ughhh~” I stared at my hand.

“Seungho.” I called out instead.

He turned to look at me, his eyes half opened, looking really weak.

“Drink some water.” I said, helping him to sit up.

His entire body was sticky with his sweat, which kind of grossed me out.

‘Not time to be a princess, Minji’ I thought to myself.

I let him lean against my arm as I supported his weight and tried to get him to drink.

“Let me get a straw. Please wait.” I said.

The moment my arm left his body, he collapsed back down. Lucky for him, I had cushions everywhere to cushion his fall.

“Here.” I said, pulling him up.

I held the cup for him to the water with one hand and wiped his face with the cold towel with another hand.

“Enough?” I asked as he moved away from the cup.

He nodded. He mumbled something under his breath.

“What?” I asked.

“Sorry.” He said, still soft, but audible.

I laughed, and he looked at me weirdly.

“Yea, you should be sorry.” I said.

He looked down.

“You should be sorry for not telling me! Eleven floors, you idiot! You could have died in there! Why didn’t you tell me!?” I yelled, but not angrily.

“It’s so embarrassing.” He mumbled.

“Oh, so pride is more important than life now. I see.” I said.

“No.” He looked at me with a sad expression.

I sighed. My hand unconsciously pushed his fringe out of his face.

“We all have phobias, and there’s nothing to be embarrassed about.” I said.

“But I am a man.” He said, sounding like a kid.

“But you’re human too.” I said.

He shook his head, looking away.

Seungho’s POV

She grabbed my cheeks, turning my head, forcing me to look at her.

“There is absolutely nothing wrong with being claustrophobic, idiot. But everything is wrong when you try to hide it just because you’re embarrassed.” She said.

“You could have gotten yourself killed in there!” She shouted, pushing me away.

“You rather die because you’re embarrassed!? Is that it!? Is it more important, your god damned pride!?” She glared at me.

She is scary when she is angry.

“ANSWER ME!” She snapped.

“No.” I said.

“You only have one ing life. Even if you have all the phobias in the world, you still only have one ing life. So treasure it. If you can’t overcome it, then live with it. It’s perfectly fine to be imperfect! Who is perfect anyway? Just because you’re a celebrity you cannot have fears? What sort of stupid excuse is that!? Even worse, just because you’re a man you cannot have phobias? A real man is one who admits to his fears, and not hide it!” She yelled.

I looked at her, shocked.

“Sor… sorry.” I stuttered.

“Say it to yourself!” She shouted.

She was breathing deeply, as thou trying to calm herself.

“Ahhh my back~” She whined suddenly, squatting down, holding onto her back.

“What’s wrong!?” I rushed towards her.

“What do you think!?” She stared at me.

Did I hurt her just now by accident?

“I hurt you? I… I’m sorry.” I said.

I wanted to help her massage her back, but I was afraid to touch her.

“Do you want to see a doctor? I’ll take you to a doctor.” I said.

“No need for that.” She said, hitting her back lightly a few times before standing up.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized again.

“Can sorry cure everything?” She asked, looking pissed.

“I…” I was lost for words. I pouted at her, but she was still glaring at me.

I looked down. Was I going to lose a friend like that?

***
tumblrlnvfirvend1qhezlx.gifMinji: Can sorry cure everything?