Lucky Day; Slip of mind

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

The ringing of my phone woke me up. I grabbed it and answered without looking at the caller.

“WAKIE WAKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The caller shouted.

I dropped my phone on my face due to shock. When I picked up the phone again, all I could hear was laughter. Minji. How could I get angry with her?

“Do you know what time it is, darling?” I said, rubbing my forehead.

“Erm…. 5.30AM?” She giggled.

“And why is my darling not asleep but calling me at this ungodly timing?” I asked.

“Because….” She said.

“Because?” I asked, feeling a little hopeful.

“My flight is soon. So I’m calling to say goodbye. I could send you a text, but I want to hear your voice. Sorry for waking you.” She said.

My heart sank.

“Oh. You’re leaving already? Why didn’t you ask me to send you to the airport?” I asked.

“Nah~ You need to sleep. Besides, this isn’t the first time I go aboard. I’ll be back sooner than you think I'll be!” She said.

“Erm… So are you at the airport already? Or still at home?” I asked.

“I’m on the cab.” She said.

“Junhyung didn’t send you?” I asked.

“Huh? Are you crazy!? It’s so early. I don’t want to wake them.” She said.

“Oh… Wait for me. I’ll come now. We can have breakfast.” I said.

“What? No no! I just want to call you to say goodbye, and then I expect you to go back to sleep. We’ll see each other soon! No need to act like I’m going off for a month or so.” She laughed.

“Alright then. I’ll just keep talking to you until you reach the airport.” I said.

“No~ Go back to sleep. You sound so tired.” She said.

“Everyone wakes up sounding like this.” I said.

“No, I sound really energetic.” She said, giggling at the same time.

“True, you sound high. Did you drink, or did you not sleep?” I asked.

“Nothing of that sort!” She laughed.

We continued chatting until she arrived at the airport.

“Alright, I’m going to hang up now.” She said.

“Take care, and I love you.” I said.

“You take care too. Eat a lot, okay?” She said.

“Sure. You too.” I said.

We were silent over the phone for awhile, perhaps because no one wanted to end the call.

“Erm…” I said.

“Hmm?” She responded.

“Is there…. Like anything else… you want to tell me?” I asked, hoping she would get the hint.

“OH! Yes!” She said.

“What is it?” I asked excitedly.

“Later on if you call or text Junhyung, help me wish Beast a happy third anniversary. I could not possibly knock on their door that early in the morning, and when I came back last night they were all asleep.” She said.

“Alright. I’ll pass your message. Anything else?” I asked.

“Anything else… Erm… No.” She said.

“Okay, have a safe trip, darling.” I said.

“You stay safe too. Love you.” She kissed the phone before hanging up.

I ended the call and lied back down onto bed. Minji, did you really forget, or do you not know at all?

***
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The boys yelled the moment I stepped out of my room.

“Ahh thank you.” I smiled in embarrassment.

“Let’s eat!!!!!!” Mir said, practically pulling me to the dining area.

“What’s that!?” I laughed, pointing at the panda lunch box on the table.

“Oh! Someone sent it to the dorm this morning. I guess it must be the fans~” G.O patted my chest.

“So cute?” I laughed as I opened the lit on the lunch box.

Inside were egg rolls, bear shaped hash browns, grilled pork and chili paste mixed rice.

“I feel like 6 years old all over again.” I said.

“Well, not far from that. Just another 20 years more.” Cheondong said.

“I know I’m old! I know!” I made faces at him.

“There’s even seaweed soup!” Mir said excitedly as he poured the soup out into a panda shape bowl.

“Even the bowl!?” I laughed.

“Not just the bowl, Seungho.” G.O said.

He handed me panda printed chopsticks and spoon. Joon handed me a cup of water in a panda shaped cup.

“What is this!? Now I feel like 3!!” I laughed, covering my face.

Despite looking really stupid, I ate with the full panda set.

“Sometimes I don’t know if they actually realize I am not exactly a panda fan.” I said as I ate.

“But they are the panda fan, you see. Seungho equals panda.” G.O said, as a matter of factly.

“Right. Thanks.” I muttered.

“These egg rolls are nice.” Mir said as he stole another piece from me.

“STOP TAKING FROM ME! YOU HAVE YOURS TOO!!” I shouted.

“Yours is nicer.” He laughed, taking another piece.

“I…” I was lost for words.

After breakfast, we showered and headed out.

“So, are you going anywhere with Minji tonight?” Joon asked as we headed down the stairs.

Aie~ Minji~

I shook my head.

“Why?” He asked, surprised.

“She went to Taiwan.” I smiled slightly.

“Taiwan!? How could this be? But it’s your birthday today!” He said.

“She doesn’t seem to know or remember. Oh well. Never mind.” I said, not really meaning it.

“You mind. It’s all over your face!!” He exposed me.

“Yea, I do. But what can I do? Should I call her and yell at her asking how could she forget my birthday? I can’t, right? Anyway, she’s working, so I guess everything slips off her mind. I cannot blame her, I’m at times like this myself.” I said.

“She’ll remember.” Joon said, giving me a light squeeze on my shoulder.

We continued walking in silence. He was tapping on his phone while I looked around. My eyes caught sight of an odd figure, seemingly staring at me. It was huge and did not really look human, but I could not see clearly. One word to sum how it looks like; freaky.

“What’s that?” I muttered to myself.

“What’s what?” Joon asked.

“Huh? Oh. I saw something.” I said, turning to point to him.

“What?” He asked.

It was gone.

***
tumblrm5oqr0cdwm1qikw9k.gifMinji: Anything else… Erm… No.

tumblrmbmafvzmzs1r5wu9a.gifSeungho: What is this!? Now I feel like 3!!

tumblrllt1ztemmt1qchd7i.gifJoon: You mind. It’s all over your face!!