Other option

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

I was concentrating on my work when I heard my room door open. I did not bother to turn thinking it was Haneul or Junhyung who came in to yell at me again. I have been in my room for three days trying to finish this piece.

Haneul came in every few hours to try getting me to stop, but I just had to finish it. Eventually she gave up. The last time was when she just sighed and asked me to do whatever I desire before heading out.

She got Junhyung to come instead, but I waved him away too. ‘Take care of yourself, at least for Seungho hyung’; that was what he told me before putting a tray of food down and leaving. I felt guilty, honestly. I made a mental note to apologize to them when I finish.

“I’m almost done, I’m almost done. Just give me a few more hours. I’ll be done. I’ll get some rest. I promise you. You see, I ate.” I pointed to the side but did not look away from the canvas.

“How many hours is a few?” The voice asked.

It was not Junhyung or Haneul. I turned to find Seungho leaning against the door, arms crossed, staring at me.

“Lucky?” I was surprised, indeed.

“So, how many hours is a few?” He asked again.

“Why are you here?” I asked.

“Don’t change the subject.” He said.

“Erm…. I don’t know.” I bit my lower lip.

He sighed and walked towards me. He pushed my hair out of my face and bend down to my eye level.

“Look at you, are you trying to get yourself hospitalized again?” He asked, cupping my cheek.

“No.” I said, staring not at his eyes, but at his dark circles. I cannot look into his eyes for too long, I will go crazy.

“Then why are you doing this again, hmm? I thought you promised to protect Lucky’s liver?” He said, his lower lip stuck out.

I chuckled at his cuteness, flicking his lower lip lightly.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

“I know this is important to you, but you’re important to me. Please.” He said, taking away the paintbrush from my hand.

He squatted down in front of me and held onto my hands.

“I know… I know you want to finish your stuff, you want to… do as much as possible. But darling, there’s still time. Not a lot, I know. But don’t shorten it any further. Please.” He said.

I hugged him close to my chest.

“Sorry. I’m sorry.” I said, smoothing his short hair.

“I wouldn’t ask you to quit painting, because I know it is your life. I just hope you don’t… don’t let it kill you.” He said.

“Alright.” I said, pushing him away slightly.

He stared at me sadly.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Why did you push me away?” He pouted.

I laughed at how cute he could be.

“Because I can’t go shower with you clinging onto me.” I said, pushing my art stand to the side before heading to my wardrobe.

“I’m clinging onto you?” He asked.

“No, of course not. I’m clinging onto you.” I winked at him before heading out.

***
When I came back from the shower, he was on my bed, staring out of the window.

“If you stare at the sun for too long, your eyes will hurt.” I said, grabbing the hair dryer.

“Really?” He chuckled, snatching the hair dryer from me.

“What is it? Your hair is dry. Come on, return it.” I said.

“Sit down.” He said, more like demanding.

I did as I was told.

“Your fringe is long. Doesn’t it irritate your eyes?” He asked as he blow dry my hair for me.

“It does, but I’m lazy to go get it cut.” I said.

“Do it yourself then.” He said.

“I can’t. I’m bad at it.” I said.

“Aren’t you an artist?” He asked, half laughing.

“You said it, I’m an artist, not a hairdresser.” I said, pushing my fringe out of my face.

He turned the hair dryer off, and then went to rummage my table.

“What are you looking for?” I asked.

“Something.” He muttered.

“Here!” He said excitedly after a while.

He was holding a pair of scissors in his hand.

“What are you doing!?” I yelled, backing away.

“Get here! Hold this!” He yanked me towards him, tossing me a magazine.

“What are you doing?” I asked again as he combed my fringe with his fingers.

“Doing for you what you can’t do yourself.” He said, making me hold up the magazine in front of my face.

“I… I can always go get a haircut.” I said, feeling scared.

“You don’t trust me?” He looked annoyed.

“No, no. Just… do you really know how to do it?” I cannot help but ask.

He looked at me with the ‘doubt me and I’ll flip’ look.

“Alright, alright.” I said, closing my eyes.

He tucked my hair behind my ears, pulling out my fringe only. His gentle touches against my ears tickled me.

“Why are you laughing?” He asked, laughing slightly himself.

“It’s ticklish.” I said, rubbing my ear.

“What? Like this?” He asked, gently touching my ear again.

“Eeek!!! Don’t!” I covered my ears.

I did not need a mirror to tell how red my ears were now. They are… very sensitive.

“Aigoo~ Your ears are embarrassed?” He teased, pinching my cheek.

“Just get on with the cutting, would you?” I said.

“Yes, boss.” He said.

Despite my closed eyes, I could picture him looking all serious as he snipped off my long fringe. I opened my eyes slightly occasionally to steal glances. When I see his face, I cannot help but smile. I had to bite myself to prevent myself from going overboard.

“Side or bangs?” He asked.

“You decide.” I said.

“So trusting?” He asked.

“Well, ultimately, my face is for you to look at. Therefore, do whatever you would like to see.” I said.

“Bangs then. I think girls look cute with bangs.” He said.

“Not too short.” I said.

“I thought it was my decision?” He asked.

“Fine. Whatever. Just don’t make me look stupid.” I said.

“But I like stupid looking girls.” He said.

“Yang Lucky!” I frowned.

“Kidding!! Now, close your eyes!” He laughed.

None of us spoke. The only sound that filled the room was the snipping of the scissors.

“All done.” He said, dusting the remaining hair of my face.

“Thank you.” I said.

“Not gonna look in the mirror?” He asked.

“I trust you.” I said.

“That’s nice.” He smiled, cleaning up.

I took a look in the mirror anyway. I could see my face now. My bangs were not that short, neither were they too long. They were of a nice length. Overall, it suit me, I feel.

“How do you like it?” He asked, appearing behind me.

“Did you take up hairdressing lessons apart from piano and all the others?” I asked.

“No. All you really need is a pair of scissors and a pair of working eyes.” He said.

It took me awhile to actually realize what he was saying.

“Are you saying I’m blind!?” I tackled him to the bed.

“You’re slow!!!!” He laughed, trying to struggle away but I held onto him tight, tickling him.

He was giving in to me, of course. He could easily push me away. It is just a matter of whether he wanted to do it or not.

“Ahhh stop stop! Please hahahaha please!!!! I’m sorry aahhhhhhahahaha sorry!!!” He screamed.

I sat up, kneeling over his stomach, fanning myself.

“Hur!” I panted.

Just as I was about to get off him, he swiftly yanked me into his embrace.

“Where do you think you’re going, little girl?” He asked.

“Away from you, ert man.” I laughed.

“Aww don’t go~” He said cutely.

I rested my cheek against his chest, hearing his heartbeat thumping hard against his ribcage.

“I miss hugging you like this.” He said in a husky voice.

“Mmm~” I responded, twirling the sleeve of his shirt.

I turned to look at him, resting my chin against his.

“Why are you staring at me like this?” He asked finally.

“Do I need a reason to stare at my ‘oh so gorgeous’ boyfriend?” I asked.

“Someone once told me that if you stare into someone’s eyes for more than six to eight seconds, it is either you want to murder them or have with them.” He said.

“Oh, really, the person is quite right then.” I said.

“You want to kill me?” He asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

“No. It’s the other option.” I said, slipping my hand under his shirt, touching his bare chest

His face paled, his eyes widened, and his jaw dropped slightly.

“Er…” That was the only sound that came out from his throat before I feel something hard poking against my thigh.

***
tumblrlz7865cbfi1qd9cpd.gifJunhyung: Take care of yourself, at least for Seungho hyung

tumblrmc2bwvynz51rtc2yj.gifSeungho: You want to kill me?

tumblrmbb8naaksj1rtc2yj.gifMinji: It's the other option.