Ten thousand and one

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

Bright lights and a pounding headache greeted me the moment I opened my eyes.

“He’s up, he’s up.” I heard voices said.

“Do you feel okay?” “Does anywhere hurt?” “Can you hear us?” Those voices continued to speak.

It took me awhile to adjust to my surroundings.

“Hyung? Hyung?” I think it was Cheondung who called out.

“Mmm..” That was the only sound my dry throat could make.

“Can you sit up? I’ll get you some water.” G.O said, tugging onto my arm, literally pulling me up.

My body felt as weak as my mind. I looked at the four worried faces.

“Here.” G.O said, gently shoving a straw into my mouth.

The cool water hydrating my throat felt really nice, but at the same time it reminded me of Minji, when she took care of me so gently that very day I freaked out in the lift.

“Minji…” I mumbled.

“Minji? It was her who called me, saying that you passed out.” G.O said, sitting on the bed beside me.

I looked at him, waiting for more explanation.

“Were you feeling sick or something? Why didn’t you say anything about it?” He asked.

“I guess I was just tired.” I muttered.

“Are you really okay? Why not we go to the hospital?” He asked.

“No, no. I’m fine.” I assured.

“Hyung, but you look really pale.” Mir said.

“I’m really fine. Just need to sleep or something.” I said.

“Then erm.. perhaps before you sleep you might want to send Minji a text to let her know you’re up. She has been calling me to ask.” Joon said.

“She called?” I asked.

“Yea, about five times? She must have freaked out when you fainted.” He said.

“Alright.” I muttered.

Perhaps they sensed something from me, that’s why they left the room, letting me be alone. I reached for my iPad and typed in ‘Leukemia’ into the search engine.

Minji’s POV

The image of him passed out in my arms seemed permanent in my head and his words rang annoying loud in my mind.

“It doesn’t matter… what is wrong with you. We all die… someday. It is just… earlier or later. But if we give things up just because… we’re afraid to lose them in the end…, we’ll die with so much.. regrets.”

“I want you… forever. I know I can’t. But at least, don’t rip me off… that chance of spending my time.. with you. Don’t rip us off… the chance of… being together. Even if it’s short… it’s still…”

 “Love.”

I buried my face in my palms and cried. I should not have fall for him. I should not have allowed him to fall for me. I should not have allowed this to happen. I thought I could love him without him knowing. I thought we could continue this ‘friendship’ on for as long as possible.

I love him, of course I do. It is not because he is a celebrity or something like that. There is just something special about him, something different about him, that makes me want to hold him when he is upset, cook him a meal when he is hungry, coax him to sleep when he could not. I want to do things for him, although I know I am not in the position to do so.

After crying for some time, I had no tears left to flow anymore.

I glanced over at the paper bag he said was mine. I reached for it and poured out the content; the signed MBLAQ album. The cover was shattered thou. I guess it happened when I hit him with it. But the CD itself and their signatures remained unharmed.

I opened the album and pulled out the photo book. I lied down on the carpet, flipping the pages. They were all so good looking, be it in the photos or in real life. Especially him. I flipped through his photos and stopped when there was a note stuck on one of the photos.

‘Minji ah, don’t love Junhyung. He is taken. (╥_╥) Would you be my fan and love me instead? (⊙…⊙ ) Because I love you (/ω\)

“Idiot!” I started crying all over again.

***
I must have cried myself to sleep, because when I opened my eyes, I was still holding onto the photo book and I was on the carpet instead of my bed.

“Coming!” I yelled as I stumbled to the door.

If not for the door bell, I would not have woke up.

“Yea?” I leaned against the door, not even bothering to look at who it was.

The person did not speak. All I could hear was panting.

I looked up quickly, already knowing who it was. Seungho.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as coldly as possible.

He still looked as pale as when I last saw him last night. He looked like he wanted to say something, but no words came out from his mouth.

“Not talking? Then bye.” I tried to close the door, but he stopped me.

“Give me a chance.” He said finally.

‘YES!!’ I almost said.

“Are you an idiot? Are you crazy? Huh? Or have you never been together with someone who is dying before that’s why you want to give it a try!?” I yelled harshly at him.

He looked at me with no expression on his face.

“Give me a chance.” He repeated.

“NO! NO! NO!” I pushed him backwards, but caught him just in time before he collapsed onto the floor. Minji, what are you thinking? Does he even look like he has the strength to stand?

He let out a slight smile.

“You care.” He muttered.

“I don’t.” I said, pushing him, letting him fall to the ground.

He held onto his back and winced. I tried to remain as cold as possible, but my heart was going crazy.

“Give me a chance.” He said again, sounding more like a plead this time.

“It’s not going to happen. No.” I said firmly.

“Give me a chance.” He said.

“Even if you say this ten thousand times, my answer is still the same. No.” I said.

“Then if I say it ten thousand and one times, would your answer be different?” He asked.

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. 

"Try it then." I said, slamming the door shut.

'He is not going to last that long.' I convinced myself.