Dangerous fun

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

12 months

“Both of you are finally here!” Doojoon said when Minki and I arrived.

“Sorry. Overslept.” I said, still feeling sleepy.

“No worries. Minki ah~” Doojoon opened his arms wide.

Minki giggled and tried to struggle out of my arms. I handed her to Doojoon and went into the penthouse. We rented a penthouse for a few days in the outskirts of Seoul for the kids to have some fun while the adults rejuvenate.

“Hey, hyung! Here!” Junhyung said, shoving a piece of kimbap into my mouth.

“Mmm!” I chewed onto the kimbap while he just laughed.

“SEUNGHO AHJUSSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!” Loki yelled from behind.

“AGHH!” I whined when he slapped his small palms against my .

Junhyung laughed and shook his head.

“Sorry hyung. slapping is kind of his thing now.” He explained.

“Really?” I turned to Loki, picking him up and tossing him in the air.

He screamed and laughed like a lunatic.

“Where’s Minki?” Haneul asked.

“Somewhere outside with the boys.” I said.

“Oh, alright. Go upstairs and find a room for yourself and her.” She said.

I headed upstairs and went into the first room I saw empty. I dumped our stuff onto the bed and changed into more comfortable clothes before heading down.

“Haneul, you’re so damn resourceful. This place is cool.” I said.

There were no buildings around. We were surrounded by nature. The air was fresh and the only sounds here are the birds chipping and the laughter from us.

“I’m Haneul.” She smiled.

“My wife.” Junhyung said proudly.

“Aww~” Haneul hugged Junhyung.

Knowing what their next move would be, I walked away.

I headed outside, watching the boys play with the kids. Minki’s attitude towards me changed slightly for the better. Although she still obviously is more comfortable with everyone else but me, it is okay as at least it is a start.

“Whose bikes are those?” I asked.

They turned to me, looking scared, as thou I would go riding off into a mountain and killing myself. It was not even a motorbike, it is just mountain bicycles.

“What?! Why are you guys looking at me like that?” I asked.

“Erm.. nothing. Just… you want to go biking? Here? Now?” Hyunseung asked.

“Well, the bikes are here for a purpose, aren’t they?” I asked.

“We took them here.” Yoseob said.

“May I borrow them?” I asked.

“Sure, but… do you know your way around?” Dongwoon asked.

“I’ll find my way. No worries.” I said, getting onto one of the bicycles.

“Please be careful. Come back before dark.” G.O said.

“Yes, I would. Please don’t act like I’m going to suicide!” I laughed, slapping his arm playfully.

“See you later, sweetheart.” I kissed Minki on her cheek, despite knowing she does not like it.

I cycled off starting around the area. Although the bicycle did not give me the speed a motorbike has, it was good enough. As I cycled, I pictured how Minji would love places like this. Unknowingly, I went deeper and deeper into the forest.

 I was too mesmerized by the surroundings to realize where I was. When I finally looked up, I was a little shocked. I was in the heart of the forest, surrounded by nothing but trees. How did I get so far without even noticing is a mystery.  

I decided to cycle on anyway, but this time I kept a look out as to where I was going. I had to find a way out or else I would be stuck here for the night. Minji taught me once that if I ever get lost in a place like that, do not try to be smart and follow my instinct, but instead, follow the ground.

‘There’s no forest or jungle that no one has ever been to. As long as someone has walked the path, they’ll leave behind footsteps. Sometimes it might not be obvious, but if you just look carefully, you’ll find it. And then you follow it.’ She always say.

True enough, although it was not obvious, I could see it; a faint line in the grass, a little more flat than those around. I followed it, and it did lead me out of the forest, but not back to the penthouse. Instead, I found myself standing on top of a cliff.

Is this what people come here for, or is this what Minji wants to show me?

Standing on top of the cliff made me feel like I was so close to the skies. I was a little scared at first, but my curiosity was stronger. I got off the bicycle and headed closer to the edge of the cliff. I looked down and saw white waves hitting wildly against the rocks beneath.

For a split moment, I wonder what it would be like to take a leap. It would be just like bungee jumping, right? Just without the rope to hold you back.

I lost myself picturing the scenario until the ringing of my phone snapped me back into reality.

“Where are you, hyung?” Joon asked.

“I.. I.. erm..” I stuttered, still recovering from the shock.

“Are you lost!?” He yelled.

“N.. no! No! I’m not lost.” I said.

“Are you coming back then? It’s almost time for dinner. You’ve been out for hours.” He said.

“Really? Haa~ I lost track of time. I’m sorry. I’ll be back now then.” I said.

“See you~” He said, ending the call.

I took a second look at the cliff, and then went back to find my way out.

Surprisingly, the cliff was near where the penthouse was located. Just a turn round the corner and I am back.

“That’s fast!” Mir said as he started heating up the charcoal.

“I told you I’m not lost.” I said, putting the bicycle back in place.

“But you’re so damn dirty. Did you fall or something?” Haneul asked, holding two plates of food in her hand.

“Nope. Where’s Minki?” I asked.

“She’s asleep.” She said.

I thanked her and went to shower. Throughout dinner, I could not stop thinking about the cliff.

“Hyung, you alright?” Junhyung asked.

“Huh? Yea, yea.” I nodded, assuring him with a smile.

It was midnight when we retreated to our rooms. Minki was fast asleep beside me, while I stayed awake the whole night, my hand robotically patting her chest.

“You look like you didn’t sleep.” Kikwang said as he fed Minki some bread.

“Haa~ Yea.. Kind of.” I smiled.

“Minki kept you up all night?” He asked.

“No, no. She slept well. I’m just… thinking of some stuff.” I said.

“Ouh. Can I bring her outside to play?” He asked.

“Sure. Go ahead~” I said.

“Let’s go, Minki ahh!” He carried my girl, tossing her in the air, causing giggles from her.

I rubbed my temples to ease the headache from the lack of sleep. Eventually, I fell asleep while flipping through magazines. I pushed the thoughts of leaping off the cliff to the back of my head and enjoyed the rest of the trip.

“What time are we leaving?” I asked on the morning of our last day.

“Evening, perhaps? We can go back to Seoul for dinner.” Junhyung said.

I looked at the time. We have about seven hours before we leave.

“Erm… Borrow your bicycle.” I said as I ran out of the house.

“HYUNG! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?” He yelled, but I did not answer him.

I cycled back to the cliff. Adrenaline was pumping through my body. I am going to do this. I had no idea where I would land. If I am lucky, I would land into the water. If I am unlucky, it might be the rocks.

“Here we go.” I mumbled to myself as I took a step closer to the edge.

I closed my eyes. I could hear the strong wind blowing, I could feel my heart beat wildly against my ribcage. I in a deep breath, and when I exhaled, I jumped.

I spread open my arms like how I would when I bungee jump. I felt myself falling faster as I near the bottom. I opened my eyes and was greeted by a completely new different sight. I shouted in glee and watch as my body headed for the water.

I am lucky.

I dived a few meters into the water before swimming up. I climbed onto a rock to rest my tired body. As the adrenaline in my body started to wear off, I could feel my whole body shaking, not in fear, but in joy.

“Oh my god.” I laughed as I stared up in the sky.

Oh my god. This is dangerous, but it is fun.