Bully

Crazy?

Seungho’s POV

I was in our room, getting changed when the door suddenly slammed shut. I jumped, panic rising in me. Before I could get any sound out of my throat, the door flew open.

“SORRY, HYUNG! I’M SORRY! I FORGOT YOU WERE INSIDE! I’M SORRY!” Cheondung kept apologizing.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” I assured him.

“So sorry.” He said again.

“It’s fine, really.” I pat his head.

“Are we ready to go!? Aish!” G.O shouted.

“What’s wrong with him lately?” I asked, buttoning my blouse.

“Haha, no idea. Perhaps he is stressed out from everything.” Cheondung said.

“Mmm~ Filming and all.” I said.

“Either that, or he is worried because there is ‘Ghost’ tonight.” He said.

“Oh right. Tonight.” I smiled.

“Yea. I wonder how many minutes would we see hyung on screen tonight.” Cheondung said.

“Maybe… Ten?” I said.

“Per scene?” He asked.

“Added up.” I laughed.

He burst into laughter. We turned around and screamed in unison as an angry G.O greeted us.

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING HUH!?” He snapped.

“We’re saying maybe we should ask Junnie and all to come over instead so we can all watch ‘Ghost’ together!” I said happily.

“THIS WASN’T WHAT I HEARD!” He frowned.

“Aie Byung Hee~ Be it ten minutes or one minute, to us, you’re the best actor already.” I slapped his chest.

“How about me!?” Joon asked, popping out from nowhere.

“You? You’re embarrassing aye~” I shook my head.

“EMBARRASSING!? WHY!? WHY!? TELL ME! WHAT DID I DO!? I ACTED SO WELL! I CAN DO ALL THOSE DANCES TO WOW PEOPLE! I CAN DO ENTERTAINMENT! WHY AM I EMBARRASSING!?” He followed behind me, bombarding me with endless questions.

“Look at yourself on Running Man! You were so… horrible.” I .

“HORRIBLE!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT I PUT IN!?” He yelled.

“Hiding in a box, you mean?” I asked.

“IT WAS SO HOT IN THERE! And at least I managed to trick someone.” He said proudly.

“Are you very proud that you managed to trick your own team mate instead of the opponent’s?” I laughed.

“AISH!!! THEN WHY DON’T YOU GO HUH!?” He shouted.

“I did, didn’t I?” I said.

“Then why didn’t they look for you again and instead look for me?” He asked.

“I’ve been thinking about that too! And I figured it out just now.” I said.

“What?” He asked.

“I’m too good. All the other in the group are good too, if they put me in, it’ll bring disgrace to their own team, so they needed someone like you.” I said, patting his shoulder.

“Me?” He looked happy.

“Yes. You. Only you.” I said.

“Really?” He beamed.

“Yes. For the entertainment value.” I smiled.

“Yes! I thought so too! Well, at least I am useful!” He clapped his hands like a retarded seal.

The rest of the members and I exchanged glances.

“Joon hyung, you’re the reason why I’m starting to feel that actually optimism is a kind of deadly illness with no cure.” Mir said.

“Should I see a doctor for it!?” Joon asked seriously.

“It’s not optimism, Mir ah~ It’s a serious condition called pure stupidity, and there’s no cure for it.” G.O said.

“Exactly. Pure stupidity and stupidity is different. Stupidity can be changed through a few life lessons, but pure stupidity, uh oh~ It’ll stick with you till the day you die. Sometimes, it might kill you too. Just like the difference between water and pure water. Pure water can kill you, if you drink too much. Just like how pure stupidity can kill you, if you let too much of it get out of you.” I said.

Everyone seem more confused after what I said. I did not mean to confuse them. I was just making a comparison.

“Let’s go.” Cheondung said, holding the door for us.

Before Joon could open his mouth again, we pushed him out.

Throughout the journey to the restaurant, Joon kept asking me what the difference of pure water and water is, and what does it have to do with stupidity. I threw my iPad to him and asked him to look it up himself, but he came back to me with more questions.

“You know what, Joon? I’ll buy you pure water. After you drink enough, you’ll get my meaning.” I said.

“Okay!” He smiled.

“Oh my gosh, stupid.” I mumbled, looking away.

When we arrived at the restaurant, the Beast boys with the exception of Junhyung were already there. We started dancing to ‘Beautiful Night’, startling them.

“Wah!!!” They clapped and laughed.

“Where’s Junhyung and gang?” I asked, settling down.

“Hahahaha~ What do you think?” Doojoon laughed as he poured water for us.

“Thanks. Still on their way?” I asked.

“Being slow, as usual.” Hyunseung said.

“What do you expect with three kids?” G.O said.

“Oh, speak of the devil!” Yoseob yelled as the door opened.

“Hello~ Sorry.” Haneul smiled. She was with Tae Hyun only.

“Annyeonghasaeyo” Tae Hyun muttered, bowing and greeting each of us.

“It’s fine, boy. Enough.” I pat his head lightly.

I looked at Haneul, trying to ask what is wrong with him. She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

“Come, Tae Hyunie! Sit with me and we’ll where we left off talking that day!” Doojoon said, shooing Kikwang away.

Tae Hyun smiled and went over to Doojoon while we made space for Haneul to sit down.

“Got a scolding on the way here?” I asked her.

“Seriously, Seungho, Jun and I wish we would be able to scold him for something. Okay, this sounds wrong haha! But he’s so quiet. So heartbreaking to see.” Haneul said.

“Mmm~ Jun told me about it.” I said.

 “So, where’s your man and the other two devils?” Mir asked.

“My man is disciplining the baby devil out there while trying to wake the second devil up.” Haneul said.

“Disciplining the devil or getting disciplined by the devil?” I asked.

“Before I came in, it was the former. Perhaps now, it’ll be the latter.” She laughed.

Shortly after, Junhyung came in, holding Ji Eun who looked grumpy from being woken up with his right hand and Loki who looked like he ate a spring or something with his left hand.

“Annyeong~” Ji Eun said lazily.

“Annyeong?” Junhyung looked at her with wide eyes.

“ANNYEONGHASAEYO!!” Ji Eun yelled with a bow and a yawn, causing us to laugh.

“Come here!” I said, opening my arms to for her to come in.

“Hoho Ahjusshi~” She smiled, sitting on my lap, her face buried in my chest.

“You’re still not done with the nickname?” I asked, patting her back lightly.

She shook her head.

She started calling me ‘Hoho’ for some reason awhile ago. We asked her why ‘Hoho’ but she shrugged her shoulders. I guess it is either because of my name or because she thinks I laugh like that.

“Hey, you?” Junhyung asked, looking at Loki.

“What?” Loki asked innocently.

“How old are you to be so forgetful? What did I say out there just a few minutes ago?” Junhyung asked.

“What did you say?” Loki asked, causing us to laugh.

Junhyung smacked his forehead and looked away.

“Oh. I remembered.” Loki grinned.

He is definitely fooling around with Junhyung.

“PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Loki yelled suddenly.

We erupted into laughter, except for Junhyung and Haneul who looked like their son just ran out onto the street with no pants.

“YAH!! YONG SHIN IL!” Junhyung looked at his son.

“You said to greet people! I did!” Loki pouted.

We clapped and cheered at his argument.

“BOY, YOU’RE GOOD! YOU WIN!” Doojoon laughed.

Loki is one of those kids in which you could never seem to get angry with or win in an argument. However ridiculous his argument is, he seems to sound right. I guess he got this from Haneul.

“You!!! You’re the death of me, seriously.” Junhyung mumbled.

“Annyeonghasaeyo!” Loki smiled with a bow.

“Go.” Junhyung said, letting go of Loki’s hand.

He ran towards Dongwoon and Mir’s open arms immediately.

“Gosh~ What kind of kid is that?” Junhyung mumbled as he gulped down a cup of cold water.

“Your kid.” I laughed.

“Hyung!” Junhyung pouted.

“Aigoo~” I pinched his cheek lightly.

“Be thankful you have such a funny kid.” G.O said.

“Yea, very funny indeed.” Haneul laughed.

“Can we order food already!?” Cheondung voiced out suddenly.

“Oh, sure sure!” Haneul said, handing out the menus.

“What did you do to your girl? Why is she so sleepy?” I asked, holding onto Ji Eun who fell asleep in my arms.

“We let her play all day, that’s what we did.” Junhyung said.

“Hyung, she’s drooling on your shirt.” Joon said as a matter of factly.

“Oh my. So sorry!” Haneul said hurriedly, wanting to stand up to wipe it off or something.

“It’s fine.” I said, continuing to look at the menu.

“Wah, Ji Eun ah~ You’re the only one with such privilege.” G.O said.

“Have a kid, and your kid will have this privilege too.” I smiled.

We looked through the menu and ordered a lot of food. While we were waiting for the food to come, those with the kids play while the rest of us chatted.

“Have you been okay, hyung?” Junhyung asked.

“Do I look bad?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Exactly.” I smiled.

Ji Eun rubbed her face against my neck, leaving a trail of saliva.

“Eww~” Junhyung bit his lower lip.

“Yah! What eww? She’s your daughter!” I laughed, adjusting Ji Eun’s head so she would be comfortable.

“He’s just pretending here. Even if she vomits on him, he’ll smile as if she gave him gold.” Haneul said.

“Now, that’s really eww as compared to saliva.” I said.

“We have to treasure the time we have with this kids. They grow up too fast. So it doesn’t matter if it’s vomit or what, it’s all memories.” Junhyung said.

“True.” I said.

We turned over when we heard a blood-curling scream from Dongwoon. Loki was grabbing Dongwoon’s hair.

“Woon ah! You have to know we don’t own the restaurant.” Kikwang said calmly.

“Get your son!! Off!!!” He yelled, causing us to laugh.

“I told you to not play rough with him.” Junhyung grumbled, standing up and carrying Loki away from Dongwoon.

“Are you out to kill Woonie ahjusshi? Hmm?” Junhyung asked Loki, smacking his bum lightly.

“No! I love Woonie ahjusshi!” Loki said, wriggling out of Junhyung’s arms.

He ran to G.O, climbed onto his lap and poked his moustache.

“Why do you have hair here?” He asked, pulling G.O moustache, causing G.O to scream in pain while we laugh.

“Doo ah, if he decides to become a soccer player or what, you’re going to have to give him all the coaching, for free huh.” Junhyung said.

“My pleasure, man! Right, Taehyunie? You’ll be my successor!” Doojoon hi-fived Tae Hyun.

“What is there to succeed from you?” Yoseob said, but Doojoon did not seem to have heard it.

We continued to chat and fool around until the food came. Although the kids were playful, especially Loki, once the food arrive and Junhyung asked for them to settle down, even Loki did so obediently.

“Wake up, princess.” I shook Ji Eun slightly.

“Mmmm~” She made a sound.

“Got to eat. I’ll feed you? Wake up.” I said.

“Baby, wakeie wakeie~” Junhyung said, poking her arm lightly.

“Time to eat.” Junhyung said.

Ji Eun groaned a little, but woke up.

“Good girl.” I smiled, straightening her messy hair.

I settled her on the chair beside me. She left a big patch of saliva on my shirt.

“Thanks for your present.” I .

“Welcome.” She said, obviously not knowing what I was talking about.

“Aye you~” I poked her cheek.

“Hyunnie, eat okay?” Junhyung said in the kind of gentle voice he would only use on his kids.

Tae Hyun smiled and fed Junhyung a spoonful of rice.

“How about me?” Doojoon asked, mouth open wide.

Tae Hyun fed him too, but a smaller scoop than he fed to Junhyung.

“Tsk tsk~ I thought we were friends.” Doojoon said, pretending to look upset.

“But he is appa.” Tae Hyun said.

Junhyung had the ‘OH MY BOY!!!!’ look on his face.

“Umma don’t get anything?” Haneul asked.

Tae Hyun fed her a piece of meat.

“I get the meat.” Haneul showed off to Junhyung who seemed upset.

“Awww okay okay! You get the meat.” She said, feeding Junhyung.

Dinner carried on with laughter.

“Full already?” I asked Ji Eun who refused another scoop of rice.

She nodded.

“Alright then.” I said, handing her water.

“Joon hyung, look at you. Why are you such a messy eater? Even Loki is better.” Mir said, pointing at the mess on Joon’s table.

“He’s pure water, remember?” I said.

“Pure water?” Junhyung asked.

“Pure water and pure stupidity. Both deadly.” I said.

They looked confused. Only Haneul laughed.

“You get me?” I asked her, surprised.

“Too much pure water can kill you, just like too much pure stupidity.” She laughed.

I nodded, impressed at the fact she got my meaning.

“You’re still the smartest.” I smiled.

“Isn’t pure water what we always drink?” Kikwang asked.

“No. Water we drink is not pure.” Haneul said.

“IT’S CONTAMINATED!?” Kikwang’s eyes widened.

“You and Joon can form a duet group called ‘Pure Water’, seriously.” I said.

“Really, hyung!? The water we are drinking is not pure!? It’s dirty!? Will we die from it!?” Kikwang continued to ask.

“Hoho ahjusshi, iPad please.” Ji Eun asked.

“iPad? It’s in the van.” I said.

She pouted.

“But I’ll go get it for you.” I smiled.

“Thank you!” She smiled.

“Ji Eun, you’re really fortunate, you know. Only you can move that lazy .” G.O said.

I went out to the van to get my iPad for Ji Eun. The van was parked behind, and the lane was pretty quiet and dimly lit. Sounds a little useless, but I was pretty scared. I almost jogged to where the van was.

I jumped when I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

“NO!!” I yelled, feeling scared.

“Hyung! It’s me! Sorry, I scared you!” Junhyung apologized.

“Oh. It’s you.” I mumbled.

“Sorry. Are you okay?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Why are you here?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled. He did not have to say, I know why he was here.

“Pretty useless, aren’t I?” I laughed as we walked back after getting the iPad.

He shook his head.

“Don’t say that, hyung. We all have fears.” He said.

“But look at me, grown man, afraid of the dark, afraid of enclosed space, afraid of loud sound. What kind of a man is this?” I said.

“A brave man who dared to admit to his fears.” He said.

I smiled and pat his cheek.

“HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, GO AWAY!!!” We heard a man yell.

We looked at each other, and then hurried to where the voice was coming from.

We saw a man yelling at a girl.

“GO AWAY!!!” He pushed her.

“Yah!!” I pointed at him.

He turned to me, and then back at the girl.

“GO!! GET LOST!!!” He screamed at her.

The girl pushed her hair to the side and smiled at him. She is young.

“STILL SMILING!?” He yelled.

“Yah, why are you so rude!?” Junhyung shouted at the man.

“Meh~” The girl made a sound, dusted her clothes and then walked off.

“Sorry about the crazy girl.” The man apologized.

I shook my head.

“You should be sorry about your attitude.” I said, rolling my eyes at him as Junhyung and I entered the restaurant.

“What happened? We heard shouting out there.” Haneul said.

“Why do you look so angry?” She asked Junhyung.

“That bastard out there!” Junhyung cursed.

“Hey!” Haneul frowned at him.

“Sorry.” He looked down.

I handed my iPad to Ji Eun and explained what happened to them.

“So rude? The restaurant owner?” Hyunseung asked.

“That’s it. We’re never coming here again.” Yoseob said, earning agreements from all of us.

“I want ice cream.” Tae Hyun said with a pout.

“Ice cream?” I asked, looking at the menu.

“They don’t have ice cream here.” I said.

He looked so sad.

“Never mind.” He rested his head on the table.

“But I can take you out to buy.” I suggested.

“Really!?” He looked up, smiling already.

“Come, let’s go.” I stretched out my hand.

He ran over, taking my hand into his.

“Ji Eun, Loki, coming?” I asked.

“I want vanilla!” Ji Eun smiled, looking up from the iPad.

“Aren’t you coming?” I asked.

She shook her head, grinning.

“Loki?” I asked.

He looked at me, his cheeks stuffed with rice.

“Never mind. Just eat.” I laughed.

“Ice cream okay for all?” I asked them.

“YESSEU!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Haneul smiled like a kid.

“Mother of three.” I , walking out with Tae Hyun.

I took him to a nearby convenience store and let him choose while I looked around.

“This one!” He said finally, holding up a stick of melon ice cream.

“Is that all?” I asked.

He nodded.

I grabbed a handful of melon ice cream for all and a vanilla cone for Ji Eun before proceeding to the counter. After paying for the ice cream, I opened Tae Hyun’s ice cream for him as well as my own. We ate while we walked back.

“Why are you so quiet?” I asked, looking at him.

He shook his head and smiled.

“Talk more.” I poked his cheek.

He suddenly stopped while we were walking.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Seungho ahjusshi, what are they doing?” He asked, pointing across the street.

I looked over to where he was pointing. A group of kids were blocking and laughing at someone.

“Damn it.” I mumbled under my breath.

What do kids learn in school these days? Bullying people!?

I wanted to run over to stop them, but I had Tae Hyun with me.

“Why are they doing this?” Tae Hyun asked, looking as thou he was about to cry.

I hugged him and kissed his forehead.

“Come.” I said, pulling him as we ran back to the restaurant.

“Go in.” I said, handing him the bag of ice cream.

“You!?” He asked.

“I’ll be back.” I smiled as I ran off.

I ran across the road to where the group was.

“CRAZY IDIOT!!!” I heard the kids shout as they blocked and pushed whoever it was.

I managed to see who they were targeting when one of the boys moved away. It was that same girl who got pushed and yelled at by the restaurant owner.

She pushed her hair to the side again and laughed. She did not seem to affected by their insults and actions at all. She is no doubt crazy.

“TAKE THIS!” One of the bigger boys say, picking up a rock from the ground.

“YAH!!!!!!!!!!! STOP!!!!!!” I shouted, making my presence known.

I knew what they were going to do.

They looked shocked.

“What are you doing!?” I scolded, grabbing his wrist.

“BULLYING PEOPLE IN PUBLIC!? HOW OLD ARE YOU!?” I yelled at him.

“I… I… She… She’s crazy!” He said, looking scared.

“Does it give you the rights to do anything to her!?” I was angry.

“Just because someone is different from you does not give you any rights to treat them meanly!!” I pushed him lightly as I let go of his wrist.

He and his group of friends ran off.

I turned back to the girl who was squatting down, picking up her stuff.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked, looking down at her.

She looked up and smiled.

“Are you okay?” I asked again, unsure if she understood me.

“Meh~” She made that sound again.

She cannot speak?

“Are. You. Okay?” I asked slowly with hand gestures.

She picked her stuff up and dusted her clothes. She giggled and walked off, leaving me standing there like a fool.

***
tumblrm5gqryrmit1r9asv4.gif

Joon: Should I see a doctor for it!?