Don't fear

Crazy?

Minji’s POV

“Minji, have you seen Seungho?” G.O asked.

“Seungho? Wasn’t he eating with you guys?” I asked.

After we came back down, I went to play with Loki, Jieun and Taehyun while the others gathered outside to continue eating.

“I’ll be back.” I told the kids.

Just as I was about to stand up, I felt someone pull my hand. I turned to find Jieun looking at me. She pointed to the stairs.

“You want me to get you something?” I asked.

She shook her head, but kept pointing at the stairs.

“Seungho’s up there?” I asked.

She nodded.

“You knew?” I asked.

She covered cheekily.

“Why didn’t you tell me, hmm?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and giggled.

“I’ll be back.” I said, ruffling her hair.

I head upstairs to my room. My room; sounds weird yet amazing at the same time.

There was a gap at my door, I guess I know who invaded my room. I pushed opened the door, ready to yell at him, but instead, I found him curled up on the bed, his back facing me, hugging my soft toy, asleep. I sat on the bed gently and bent over to look at his face. I pushed his fringe away from his face, careful not to wake him.

“How could you sleep on my bed even before I slept on it, hmm?” I asked softly, poking his nose.

I froze for a second when his face scrunched up.

“Are you very tired?” I asked, patting his arm lightly.

Of course, I expected no respond.

I sat beside him, watching him sleep. He was sleeping peacefully until he sat up suddenly, startling me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, holding him.

I must have shocked him because he almost fell off the bed if not because I had my grip on him.

“Sorry, did I scare you?” I asked.

“Didn’t know you were here.” He said, clearing his throat.

“Of course you didn’t know. If you knew, I would start to wonder if you were faking sleep.” I .

He stuck out his tongue at me.

“Why did you wake up like that? Dreamt of something bad?” I asked, his back.

“No idea.” He muttered, rubbing his temples.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

He nodded.

“Sure?” I asked again.

“I’ve been waking up like this for many nights.” He said, turning to face me.

He looked as if all the energy in him was drained off out of a sudden.

“Something’s wrong?” I asked, cupping his cheek.

“Nothing.” He said with a slight pout.

“Then why?” I asked, pulling him to lie down on my lap.

“I don’t know.” He said, hugging his knees.

At that moment, he looked so vulnerable, like a little boy.

“Maybe you’re just tired.” I said, smoothing his hair.

“I’m not.” He said.

“You don’t feel tired but it’s written all over your face.” I said.

“Maybe.” He muttered.

“Even if you’re not physically tired, perhaps you are mentally tired.” I said.

He sighed and snuggled closer to me.

“Worrying about something?” I asked.

“You.” He said.

“I told you, I’m not a thing.” I hissed.

“Ahhh alright, alright.” He giggled.

“But you’re my little thing.” He said, looking at me.

“What little thing!? So cheesy!” I laughed.

“You like it, don’t you?” He asked, poking me.

“I don’t like it!” I said.

“Come on, I know you do. My little thing~” He said, tickling my chin.

I could only laugh helplessly. I let him tease me, but his laughter died down very quickly.

“Tell me what’s wrong~” I said, hugging him.

“I’m scared.” He said.

“Scared? Of what?” I asked, resting my chin on his shoulder.

He kept quiet, shaking his head.

“Mmm~ It’s okay if you don’t say. Just know that I’ll be here for you, no matter what.” I said, kissing him on his cheek.

He turned over, making our lips touched, and then he held onto my cheek and forced me into a full blown kiss. The past kisses we shared were filled with love, lust and yearn, but this one felt different. This one felt needy; as if he wanted to tell me something, perhaps that he needed me, in some way or another.

I kissed his nose when we broke apart.

“I’m always here for you.” I said.

He smiled and nodded.

“Hungry.” He said with a slight pout.

I laughed out loud and pushed him up.

“Of course my Lucky would be hungry. Of course.” I said, dragging him out.

***
Seungho’s POV

“WHO.THE.HELL.IS.THAT!?” I yelled as I stomped out of the room.

I was awoken by loud banging on our front door. What is wrong with people these days? Don’t they know what the doorbell is for? And what ungodly timing is this to knock on someone’s door?

I was not the only one who was awoken by the noise, everyone else in the house was. I pulled opened the door roughly and stared at whoever it was.

“What!?” I yelled, feeling annoyed by the fact he woke me up.

“I… I… I am here to delivery something.” He said, looking down.

He seemed pretty young, perhaps 17 or 18. What is a kid doing up so early? Suddenly, I felt bad for yelling at him.

“Deliver something? At 6.13AM? Really?” I asked, trying to not sound angry, but I guessed I failed.

“It… it was instructed to be sent at 6AM. I.. I pressed the doorbell… many times. But no one came. So I knocked… I.. See.. I am not… oh no.” His face paled out of a sudden.

“What?” I asked, snatching the piece of paper from him.

I leaned against the wall and pounded my forehead. The instructions wrote 8AM.

“I… I am so sorry. So sorry.” He kept bowing to us.

It’s fine.” I muttered.

“I’ll come back later. So sorry.” He said, still bowing.

“Silly or what?” I laughed.

He must be still in dreamland or something.

“Where is it?” I asked.

“Where’s what?” He asked.

“Aren’t you delivering something!?” I asked, a little too loudly.

He jumped and nodded frantically.

“Here! Here!” He said, pulling out a large board look alike thing. It was wrapped up in brown paper.

“It’s… heavy.” He said, trying to hand it to us.

Joon and Cheondong went over to help him. After they settled the board inside, he handed me a receipt to sign.

“Oh, wait. This is MBLAQ, right?” He asked.

I buried my face in my palms and laughed, so did the other boys.

“Yes. Do you usually ask only after you deliver?” I asked, signing the paper.

“Ahhh, no~ I… forgot.” He scratched his head awkwardly.

“Here.” I said, handing him back the receipt.

“Thank you, and so sorry for waking you guys up.” He apologized.

I grabbed my wallet, pulled out two pieces of 10,000 won and handed it to him. He stared at me, confuse.

“Go grab some breakfast. Breakfast is important, especially for a kid like you.” I said.

“I… I can’t.” He waved his hands.

“Take it!” I said, shoving the money into his hand.

“I… I…” He stuttered.

“Stop stuttering! Alright, go. We need to sleep.” I yawned.

“Thank you, thank you. Good night. No, I mean, good morning. Ahh, no, no.” He seemed confused.

“Alright, we get your message.” I laughed.

I watch him get into the lift before shutting the door.

“What’s that?” Mir asked, squatting on the floor, staring at the board.

And for some odd reason, all five of us ended up squatting around the board. In the middle of the wrapping were the words ‘To: MBLAQ’, and beneath that phrase, written in cursive was ‘3 years and going’.

“Let’s open it.” I said.

We helped to tear open the wrapper, but was careful not to spoil the writing on the wrapper. Our jaws dropped when we saw the content.

It was a painting. I was positive it was not a gift from fans, because it just did not look like it. Usually when fans gave us gifts like that, it would be portraits of us or something like that, but this was entirely different.

Only four colours were used in this painting; black, white, brown and silver. Black took up the base of the painting. In the middle, painted in silver, were five figures. Above the figures were of white and silver, like shining lights. Decorating the surrounding of the five figures were silverish brown star-like dots, scattered around, filling up half the canvas.

“Do you think this is us?” Joon asked, pointing at the canvas.

“And these are A+?” G.O asked, pointing at the star-like dots.

“And this, stage lights.” Mir said, pointing at the .

I nodded and smiled, staring at the piece.

“Let’s hang it up!” Cheondong suggested, pointing to the empty piece of wall above our couch.

“Sure.” I said, trying to hold up the canvas.

It was so heavy and huge that I was struggling a little just trying to lift it. It amazes me how Minji can handle even bigger boards than this by herself.

Just as we were about to hang the piece on the wall, we saw writings behind.

‘It is in the darkest skies that stars are best seen. So, don’t fear, Shining Stars..’  

My eyes caught sight of a familiar signature at the corner of the board; Minji's.

***
tumblrmbfiugbevx1rrxzru.gifSeungho: I’m scared.

tumblrm1eaiueiht1rrxzru.gifSeungho: Deliver something? At 6.13AM? Really?